PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 16: MAGAZINE

Cred
03-28-2018, 09:26 AM
INTRO

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ChiefDevotedAmericansaddlebred-small.gif

What the fuck is good my NCG’s?! Cred in the building, here to bring you this additions mag of the NBL for week 16 along with Reviews by Amen and help from Orc I jus wanted to give a shout out to everyone who’s signed up, the fuckin league is lit right now! Votes are strong, verses are dope and no shows are at a minimum! Salute to y’all. First and foremost, I wanted to inform everyone who is part of the league that this season of the NBL will be running for 20 weeks! Yeah u heard right, so if u need to make that last second playoff run, now is your chance! To be qualified for the playoffs you will need to have a 5 battle MINIMUM of matches you’ve participated in this season. Anyways, now that y’all understand all that and shit, lets get into the fucking mag!

Cred
03-28-2018, 09:27 AM
WEEK 16 BATTLE REVIEWS
- By Amen

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FarawayIdleBedbug-small.gif

Infiltrate 8-5 vs Schadenfreude 7-3 CHAMP MATCH

Not entirely sure what happened here? Apparently both agreed on a S&F match then Shade dropped a regular battle verse - INF no showed then drops a S&F verse like 2 days after the deadline? WHAT IN THE ENTIRE FUCK, morons? Way to fuck a CHAMP match up, idiots.

They both should get 5 L's/each on their record for this one...

Alvin Karpis 8-4 vs DynaMicz 5-2 #1 CONTENDER

This battle was light, IMO. Wasn't really impressed with either verse. Karp was consistent enough to grab the victory here but Dyna has been improving week in and week out. For him to pull that many votes against an RB/NC legend is impressive. Means a lot - considering all the Sheep voting and dick riding accusations flying around as of late. OR Just could be Karp is that hated, LOL or that people are adjusting to the new username/faces in the league. Like I said, Dyna has been improving since his 1st match so only a matter of time before he hits his stride.

Karp WON and advances to this weeks Champ match verses Shade...

Destroyer 6-2 vs Habitat 8-6

Des won. I think Habitat has been digressing the past few weeks. Maybe it's writers block? Maybe it's lack of motivation and more or so feeling obligated to show rather then WANTING to show? IDK... But his last couple of verses haven't been his best AS OF LATE. He was dropping some dope shit prior to his most recent couple of L's but w/e - guess it happens. Des on the other hand claims to have dropped 1 banger, and rest filler aka just enough to WIN the battle from his perspective. His opener was predictable and the drawing board bar was super played with a cool twist... So I guess he's right in his assessment of "Dropping enough for the WIN"...

Des WON.

Enbombz 5-4 vs Profit 6-5

Shocking ENBOMBZ the super dick rider uses everyone elses jokes as a punch for an opener. That was corny, at least you could have been creative or even funny. It wasn't either which honestly made me feel even better about not writing anymore - because I think you should stop as well. Nothing really stood out aside from the RB bar and even that was light. Profit took the personal route but failed on his executions. Every punch didn't do much if anything... Had he been harsher - he could have taken this one easily but yea...

Enbombz WON.

Swerve 5-5 vs Letterman 5-4

Nothing to discuss, Swerve no showed like a faggot which I predicted a double no show here. Letterman got lucky. I'm sure he didn't have a verse finished, tho - I can bet that much.

Killing Spree 4-4 vs Cred 4-4

Cred had a pretty basic/simple but effective verse man and Killing Spree's wording gets in his way again. I'm sure if he typed up a verse drunk, then waited till he sobered up in the morning - he's fix a lot of his wording issues or maybe even some better well thought out executions for the concepts he uses. Conceptually Spree is dope, it's his lack of proper execution or wording on his executions that slaughter him. J. Cole reference could have been a nice solid personal that flopped. Rest was weird to me, like he was speaking a different language. Really had a hard time following him this week. Cred had the better verse, with a more simplistic but effective approach. Complexity does not always work in the favor of the writer. Keep it simple stupid. K-I-S-S... Great acronym to remember and live by, gents.

Cred WON.

Defiant 2-5 vs Joe Boston 4-3

Why is Defiant even allowed to sign in? This fucking faggot NO SHOWS EVERY TIME. Like ban him from ever wanting to participate in the NBL? Poor Joe Boston man.. Wrote another verse, I wish some times he would retire and spare us but he keeps going - writing verses in a suite and tie; watching video footage of female teenagers shopping at the local mall from his security room.

Defiant WON. JK, Joe Boston WINS via NO SHOW.

Gamble 1-2 vs Concrete 1-0

Not sure who Concrete is? Gamble bars stretched like a mother fucker... Nameplay attempts kind of hurt your verse because they were not creative. Condom and Converse are dumb played on anyone with the prefix CON, man... Like I know you've been away from text for a while but they were played over a decade ago. Maybe 2 decades ago - feel me? So yea... Concrete was pretty consistent and delivered his concepts fairly well, I thought. He kept it more on the simpler side with more effective executions which grabbed the readers/voters so with that being said...

Concrete WON.

bleak 3-7 vs Plot 1-2

This battle was kind of bad? I mean, I think bleaks a much better picture battler (And he's not that good at those either, but the concepts he developed from the pictures were good) then regular battler or maybe just not creative enough and can't write without having ammo provided? IDK but that 69 bar was probably by far one of the worst things I've ever forced myself to read in the last century of text battles along side of Plots opener and second bar and 3rd bar and closer. Plot just through some mumbo jumbo shit together to show - which is commendable but dam man... Put SOME effort... I've seen dude drop way better then that? I THINK.

BlancoRb 0-1 vs Incredible 2-4

BlancoRB no showed, shocker? I think not and Incredible still in search for that Male G Spot.

Gaslight 1-0 vs Suthaveli 1-0

Light battle, Suth dropped just enough to WIN here. Total package bar was flames, IMO. That easily took the battle for me. Rest was just weak attempts from both verses. Closest bar in Gaslights verse was his closer and that wasn't doing much anyways. Saying the asshole dude needs to lighten up? Correlate that with anal bleach? Nahhhh man - weak but your best attempt, sadly.

Suth WON.

Jabari Black 0-0 vs Erron Black 0-0

Didn't peep this battle. Don't know who either dude is... Hoped they DOUBLED no showed?

Orc 7-1 vs Blue Bayou 1-0

Really? Most anticipated battle ended up in a no show... This was disheartening for the LEAGUE, honestly. Especially considering ORC himself - the man who's been bringing TEXT BACK no shows. I'd love to see Blue verse, tho. Too bad he didn't post up. That would have been cool to see what he had for the Irishman.

Cred
03-28-2018, 09:30 AM
LIVE BATTLE BREAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pcBeiS00_c

Cred
03-28-2018, 09:30 AM
WEEK 16 MATCH-UP PREVIEWS

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KlutzyDeliriousIndianpangolin-small.gif

CHAMP MATCH
Schadenfreude 8-3 vs Alvin Karpis 9-4

What we should expect from this? Is a fuckin banger, that’s what! Schad and Karp been doing there thing in the NBL this season and tbh, this one should be a dope match. Alvin been on fire lately with some fire punches and Schad is known to be able to keep up wit the best of em. Good luck to both, let’s bring that fuegooo!

CONTENDERS
Destroyer 7-2 vs Enbombz 6-4

Destroyer has been streaking this season and Enbombz been doing his thing. If both take there time here and cook up some dope punches this match should be fire too. Hopefully both do come wit it so the voters can have something worthwhile this weekend. I think this’ll be a close one.

ill nik-A 6-4 vs DynaMicz 5-3

Sheesh, another potential banger here. We have the HOF’er ill back from a short hiatus here vs Dynamicz. Tbh, idk who Dyna is but frfr the nigga been dropping bangers all season. If ill can bring the no rust old nik back he got this one, but I don’t see Micz going down with out a fight.

Letterman 6-4 vs Cred 5-4

Letterman I see you pimp, you got a nigga who gon actually pop up this time. Let’s give em a show!

King Karaoke 5-2 vs Joe Boston 5-3

Joe Boston been receiving hella no shows but he’s in for a match here. Karaoke does what he does best and that’s battle. Kars a future HOF’er and known to drop some of the hottest bars on NC. Joe got to be on his A-game here.

Killing Spree 4-5 vs Swerve 5-6

The no show Kings in one thread. Lol surprisingly Spree has been on a row with showing up to all his matches recently and can keep it that way. He’s been dropping some pretty solid material too, at that. Hopefully Swerve shows here too cus this could be a nice little match up also.

Blue Bayou 2-0 vs Suthaveli 2-0

Potential BOTW if I’m being honest! I like both these dudes styles here, creative and harsh at the same time. Both know how to bring the swag and execute. I’ve read material from both last week and BOTH had heattt. Definitely one to look out for on week 16 of the NBL.

Gaslight 1-1 vs Concrete 2-0

This one should be interesting. Both haven’t shown there full potential imo in the last 2 matches I’ve read from them. But what I did notice is that they have the ability to drop a banger. If they could formulate some dope punches like the ones the voters liked in there prior verses this one could be niceee.

Gamble 1-3 vs Plot 1-3

Plot does what Plot does. He comes and battles one occasion and has some cool punches. Gamble seems to be hella rusty after a long hiatus. Hopefully from reading a couple battles from his time of absence gets him back into the swing of things. Nonetheless cool lil match up here.

Incredible 3-4 vs bleak 4-7

Ok, so this should be a good showing for some up and comers in the league this season. Both have been putting together formulas that suit them and could have them make an impact in the league. Ironing out kinks over there weeks, as they say. Seeing if both did do jus that, there should be some quality verses here.

Habitat 8-7 vs CBA 0-0

I had to take CBA out of a triple threat match because I missed a match up for Hab. Hab been in sort of a slump lately, but I see him getting himself back together in this one. However CBA shouldn’t be taken lightly, I remember him signing in a season or 2 ago and dropping some good shit. Definitely a sleeper match here.

Cyrax 0-0 vs BodySnatcher 0-0

Don’t know either, hopefully some dope alias’. Who knows?

Incredible
03-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Amen

BlancoRb 0-1 vs Incredible 2-4

BlancoRB no showed, shocker? I think not and Incredible still in search for that Male G Spot.

Ask your "wife"

Joe Boston
03-28-2018, 05:57 PM
lmao Amen good mag fellas

ill nik-A
03-28-2018, 06:18 PM
Good stuff guys. I’ll try to fit in with these young bloods.

Enbombz
03-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Good shit Cred.

Amen i'm i sorry i inadvertently hurt your feelings via your wife's masculinity.

Destroyer
03-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Good stuff guys. I’ll try to fit in with these young bloods.

Welcome!

ill nik-A
03-28-2018, 06:58 PM
Welcome!

Thx, Des!

Kill Spree
03-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Good shit Cred.

Amen i'm i sorry i inadvertently hurt your feelings via your wife's masculinity.

Dont ever offend amens wifes wife like that again

Enbombz
03-28-2018, 07:18 PM
i thought i'd be the bigger man...so he would feel at home

Amen
03-28-2018, 07:58 PM
Good shit Cred.

Don't flatter yourself. 100% of your comments are brushed off bro. You scream from the nose bleeds.

Enbombz
03-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Don't flatter yourself. 100% of your comments are brushed off bro. You scream from the nose bleeds.

Mag says different.

Amen
03-28-2018, 09:43 PM
If you say so.

Lyfzaa Gamble
03-29-2018, 01:06 AM
Nice mag brother

Barcotic
03-29-2018, 11:19 AM
20 wks, cool