PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: MMLP (0-0) vs. Bongo Bear (0-0) - MMLP WINS

For Battling
06-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Rules

This should be self explanatory, but for those who are unfamiliar with the 1-2 Punch League..

1. NO BITING
2. NO SWAYING
3. NO FEEDING
4. No RECYCLING

5. Must vote on at least 5 battles each week. Failure to vote on 5 battles will result in -1 votes deducted from your battle. Failure to vote on ANY will result in -2 votes deducted in your battle.

6. Voting much be at least ONE complete sentence with a decent explanation. (Vote: Bags as per tradition) WON’T COUNT!

7. Voting on Champ and Contender matches are required for all participants.

8. ONLY 2 TOTAL EXTENSIONS ALLOWED THIS SEASON. It’s literally 1 bar, extensions shouldn’t be needed but you’ll get 2 just for whining purposes.

9. NO TALKING ABOUT OPEN BATTLES! If you think you’re being hate voted against etc, contact a mod and we will handle it accordingly.

THIS WEEK ONLY
PUNCHES DUE ON SUNDAY
VOTING ENDS MONDAY MORNING
NEW BATTLES UP MONDAY EVENING

MMLP Bongo Bear

MMLP
06-24-2018, 07:02 AM
Bongo Bear, fuck his robotic delivery, BB-hates that I'm more potent
2crip n no show wins LOL, boy youll only be going in circles once u get the ball rolling

Bongo Bear
06-24-2018, 01:17 PM
The alias display he’s unclever and dated but, bear is real crazy.
Warp to 99' and have the corpse outlined; so MMLP was never created, I killed shady.

Flow
06-24-2018, 06:41 PM
Didnt even really get bongos intent here and the set up was cheese. Mmlp star wars ref won it for me

Mmlp

Schadenfreude
06-24-2018, 07:24 PM
I liked bears better

Eddie is that you, you fucking weirdo?

Anyway, Baron's bestie, I mean MMLP took this easily.

DynamiCz
06-24-2018, 07:28 PM
Bongo Bear, fuck his robotic delivery, BB-hates that I'm more potent
2crip n no show wins LOL, boy youll only be going in circles once u get the ball rolling

Lmao funny

------

The alias display he’s unclever and dated but, bear is real crazy.
Warp to 99' and have the corpse outlined; so MMLP was never created, I killed shady.

This was way to stretched here bro....

V-MMLP with the overall better bar and structure

BodySnatcher
06-24-2018, 08:35 PM
vote for MMLP....Bongo that bar could've been good but you just didn't pull off the MMLP/shady like you may have thought you did.

For Battling
06-24-2018, 09:49 PM
Bongo has potential but dropped the bomb here idk what happened. Topical boy MMLP had something somewhat decent and takes it.

Vote MMLP

Cred
06-24-2018, 10:00 PM
hmmm, bongos bar just didnt have any real sting behind it.

vote - mmlp

Mediocrity
06-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Honestly like bongos bar here. I don’t even fw Star Wars like that so I didn’t even feel the punch at all

V - Bear

Jabari Black
06-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Both you guys had some dope concepts but gotta work on the execution. MMLP I liked the tie ins and the Star Wars reference but the punch itself just didn’t do it for me. Bongo, this was pretty clever. You gotta work on ending your lines with actual punches and not just mix subtle wordplay throughout. I think you got the job done here. Pretty impressed that you managed to do a name flip on someone named MMLP.

MVGT Bongo

bleak
06-25-2018, 01:29 AM
This was a close one, as MMLP is actually supposed to be pronounced Eminem LP per Lars I think? Anyways it was a good concept but execution lacked. MM had a simple delivery and a simple punch, played it safe I guess. I award creativity always so Bingo Bongo

Larkin
06-25-2018, 06:16 AM
For me both setups were poor, in a 1-2 battle you need to make both lines have some relevance. Bears concept was good but felt it was excuted bad, MMLP I liked the wording on the punch felt like it had layers even if you didn’t mean it. Vote MMLP

Ghost1
06-25-2018, 09:35 AM
mmlp got it for me but I didn't hate bongos shit...was nice to see a dif approach

mmlp

Lenox
06-25-2018, 12:44 PM
mmlp got it for me but I didn't hate bongos shit...was nice to see a dif approach

mmlp

Fr

Lenox
06-25-2018, 12:45 PM
I almost wanna vote bongo but mmlp’s just hit a bit harder

Bongos got a fresh and unique style. But once he uses that and combines it with better wording he will be a threat

v/poem fag

Ahriman
06-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Thought both weren’t that good... bongos was all over the map... mmlp was some what a personal diss just not harsh but he takes this easy

Exis
06-25-2018, 11:24 PM
MMLP hit harder...I didn't dislike BB's lines, just feel MM's shit was better structured, worded & overall he had a more precise bar.

Vote- MMLP.

Pinot Grij
06-26-2018, 02:36 AM
BB-8 / BB-hate felt like a bit of a stretch for me.

I was feeling the MMLP wordplay a bit more, although I'm sure you've heard it before.

Vote -- bongo bear

For Battling
06-26-2018, 04:01 AM
MMLP WINS 11-4