View Full Version : Round 2: 2. Blue Bayou vs 10. Amen - AMEN WINS

Jabari Black
09-18-2018, 12:17 AM
IMPORTANT RULES:
- No biting
- No swaying
- No recycling
- No feeding
- Votes must be at least ONE sentence with a decent explanation.
- ONLY 1 EXTENSIONS ALLOWED THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS

MUST VOTE ON AT LEAST 2 BATTLES

PUNCHES DUE BY SATURDAY
VOTING ENDS MONDAY
ROUND 3 UP BY MONDAY NIGHT

Blue Bayou Amen

Blue Bayou
09-18-2018, 08:09 PM
g'luck Amen

Amen
09-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Must be a Canadian thing – Listen,

The ugly dude’s a disgrace, the “GOAT”… really? Man look he’s just dense,
& If argued till I’m ‘Blue in the face”, a mirrors’ only way I’ll EVER see pussy again.

Blue Bayou
09-20-2018, 10:01 PM
i'm bein honest brah. ur whole style's filled w/ common flaws..
applause?!...i could tour Egyptian Museums & STILL wouldn't see any Amen-Ra's

Big Bolo
09-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Both were pretty cool here nothing really that special. I liked blues tie in better, this was close but vote blue

Flow
09-21-2018, 02:26 PM
Mmmm. Blue Bayou your my boy. I genuinely like you as a person on here. I like your punch. But it was a wee bit underwhelming.

Amen. I somewhat like you as a person. You have my respect however..your legit. However... I also liked your punch. You got a ghost writer or summon? Your alot better recently.

Difficult shout. I think amen wins in creativity. I think his wording hurt his execution. I think blue wasn't creative enough but his wording is clean.

Urgh

I don't think either of you were cruel enough. But that's not helping me. This is very even your just cancelling each other out

This is just feedback. I'm not voting. Too tight to call and I'm not obliged to choose a winner.

I call OT

***After much deliberation I edge it to Blue. Good shit both

Hush
09-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Both had wording issues

Amen had a more intricate line
Blue had a wp that I’m not sure how to pronounce

Maybe it’s my accent

I got amen cuz I got the line lol

Plot
09-23-2018, 09:51 PM
I liked Amen more here.
Blues nameplay and wording seems forced this time.
Amen had a lolz concept.
V-Amen

Jabari Black
09-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Hmm the more I read this, the more I like the battle.

Amen, I think you had the more complex line. I’m feeling the concept. I think there were some slight wording issues, but overall you set this up pretty well without telegraphing the punch. I like the punch because you tied in saying he’s ugly with calling him a pussy with it. The issue with me is Blue in the face is just really played. I haven’t been here long and seen it multiple times. Plus I can’t rmemeber the battle (maybe Bolo?) but someone just got criticism for using Blue in the face like last week. Overall I still liked the punch but that’s the glaring issue.

Blue while I don’t think your lunch had the complexity that Amen’s had, your concept was the more creative. I think you took a huge risk by flipping Ra. I know a good but about the Egypuan gods so I like it. I think the Ra/applause flip is creative af. My critique is the flip doesn’t work both ways perfectly - it feel slightly stretched. More specifically you wouldn’t say ‘Amen Ra’ you’d just say Amen if thatbmakes sense. I think it was such a clever flip that I still think the line was pretty nice.

This ones close. This can go either way and probably Comes down to preference and how you feel about blues reference. Amen surprised me here but I got Blue slightly edging this.

Mvgt Blue

BodySnatcher
09-24-2018, 10:19 AM
I got Blue here, Amen had a nice/decent flip on Blue in the face but that Amen Ra's was dope.

John Dillinger
09-24-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm feeling Amen's more

Bit more creative flip on Blue's name that I haven't seen

I get Blue's but I've never seen applause referred to as "Ra's"

Jabari Black
09-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Amen up 5-4

Need more votes
Cashius DynamiCz Plot

DynamiCz
09-24-2018, 11:47 AM
This was a nice matchup on both ends here

Amen line was nice here, wording was crisp as well imo. The "Blue in the face" concept probably been used, but how you executed was good.

Blue line was also nice, i think the wording could have been fixed a little bit to execute it more harsh, but none the less it was still a nice line....

Props to both here, I got Amen with the better overall bar this time.

V-Amen

Score
09-24-2018, 08:27 PM
Both bars were good and blues concept was a bit better

But amen was way more effective imo.

Way harsher

V amen

Jabari Black
09-25-2018, 04:30 PM
I have to close this battle at 7:00 EST

Jabari Black
09-25-2018, 07:08 PM