View Full Version : Semi Finals: 3. BodySnatcher vs 10. Amen - AMEN WINS

Jabari Black
09-25-2018, 07:20 PM
IMPORTANT RULES:
- No biting
- No swaying
- No recycling
- No feeding
- Votes must be at least ONE sentence with a decent explanation.
- ONLY 1 EXTENSIONS ALLOWED THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS

MUST VOTE ON THE OTHER BATTLE

PUNCHES DUE BY SUNDAY
VOTING ENDS BY TUESDAY
FINALS UP BY TUESDAY NIGHT

BodySnatcher Amen

Jabari Black
09-30-2018, 10:55 PM
BodySnatcher Amen has sent his punch

BodySnatcher
09-30-2018, 11:40 PM

2 guns will leave ur 'face railed'...ur more gassed up than fuel in a canister
So I'ma put this 'metal to both sides of ur neck' like a head stuck between a banister

Amen
10-01-2018, 04:51 AM
In last week’s mag, Amen gave me some push back on calling his win against Flow an “upset”. There’s was no question here...this was a HUGE upset.

BodySnatcher has been red hot since he won the BAL finals a few months ago. He has a lot of momentum winning his past 4 battles including an impressive win against DynamiCz last week.

3. BodySnatcher vs 10. Amen

This dweeb’s in the Light? Dawgz, a fact dude leaves scar’d now,
Thread title has Meteorite, FUCK the mag – I’m shooting stars down.

John Dillinger
10-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Both were cool, I thought Body’s was funnier and hit harder though

Big Bolo
10-01-2018, 11:55 AM
I think body got this pretty easily, not sure what amen tried to do here with that bar, not saying I don't get it....just was not that great and wasn't that effective, thread title play have to be soooo burnt out and I think amen should've known that. Vote body

Flow
10-01-2018, 01:26 PM
This is tough. The me to your right word play is fresh as fuck though to me so I'm going to go against the grain here an vote Amen on preference

Blue Bayou
10-01-2018, 02:37 PM
So I usually dig Body's gun bars, this is light to me .. I think bannister and think wood, not metal... i dunno, surely there's metal ones but it seems like a reach & a pretty simplistic metal reference for a semi finals

Amen... don't love the wording but the wp is fire, works perfect and this was a creative angle I can appreciate

I like Amen's bar better

Score
10-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Amen for fresher bar and cool wordplay.

Wish u would have used a diff angle then the thread title tho. But it was cool

Body ur bar was good just wasnt enough this week man

Jabari Black
10-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Body I thought Face railed was a cool tie in. More gassed up than a fuel canister is a pretty solid punch for a set up. However, I think the metal to both sides/bannister flip was a pretty basic flip. Overall I think it was a solid punch. The set up outshine the punch though.

Amen had a fire concert that was held back a bit by the wording. Set it up pretty well. The meteorite wp was slick af to me. The problem is the connections a bit loose. Like meteorite kinda seems like a random phrase thrown in? But you do tie in one of the meanings with shooting stars down. On the same note, I thought shooting stars down and the bar as a whole was a good angle to take.

Overall, I think Body had really good execution on a not so great concept. Amen had decent execution of a great concept. Im leaning towards Amen and his complexity in this one though. The meteorite was nice wp even if it’s not tied in personally. Overall it was a good angle as well.

This one is close but I gotta edge it to Amen.

Mvgt Amen

Jabari Black
10-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Amen up 4-3

Needs more votes!!!

Destroyer

Inno
10-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Good match up I thought amens bar was dope but worded a bit awkward for me. Where as body came with a much cleaner bar resulting in a stronger impact.

Got body

Jabari Black
10-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Amen up 5-3

Need some more votes to get this closed

Can any of you guys take a minute and help us get some more votes in?

Cashius Chyeahhh!!! Diablo Victor Hush Cred DynamiCz bleak Rhyno Twodrop

DynamiCz
10-03-2018, 11:06 AM
2 guns will leave ur 'face railed'...ur more gassed up than fuel in a canister
So I'ma put this 'metal to both sides of ur neck' like a head stuck between a banister

This was ok here, think the face railed/banister concept kinda of fell flat with with metal to both sides of ur neck. Alittle simple, but overall ok bar here

------------

This dweeb’s in the Light? Dawgz, a fact dude leaves scar’d now,
Thread title has Meteorite, FUCK the mag – I’m shooting stars down.

This hit for me right here, the wording could have been alittle bit more switched around in spots, but non factor for me. Concept was dope as well.

Props to both, I think Amen got this one here with the better overall bar this time. Good shit to both tho!

V-Amen

Destroyer
10-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Got body here
I don’t understand amen’s punch at all
V/body

Oh I get it now
Forced as fuck tho

Still got body

bleak
10-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Idk how but I got Amen, I've nev r seen anything like that and creativity wins in my eyes. Body was just a bit too basic here when you line it up with every other bar he has written in this playoff. Needed to see something new to beat the originality from Amen.

Amen

Jabari Black
10-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Amen wins 6-4