View Full Version : True Detective SEASON 3 TRAILER

Lenox
11-29-2018, 12:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoZfxs0pE0

Fuck this looks good

dull boy
11-29-2018, 01:00 AM
Jan 13th

Does look like it could be good. Last season was such a fucking mess.

uh-oh
11-29-2018, 06:07 AM
im surprised this got a season 3. season 1 was so dope i guess they're gonna pretend season 2 didn't happen.

in all fairness i didn't watch any of season 2 outside of the first episode so maybe it was ok.

Amen
11-29-2018, 06:14 AM
im surprised this got a season 3. season 1 was so dope i guess they're gonna pretend season 2 didn't happen.

in all fairness i didn't watch any of season 2 outside of the first episode so maybe it was ok.

Nah season 2 was all over the place. I didn't enjoy it.

This looks like it could have potential.

I thought they were bringing Matt and Woody back, guess not lol.

Lenox
11-29-2018, 11:29 AM

It’s an anthology

Chyeahhh!!!
11-29-2018, 07:36 PM
Fuck yea

Aero
11-29-2018, 08:43 PM

Is the show any good? I trust your opinion.

Fart
11-30-2018, 01:56 AM
Still kinda jaded from s2 but s1 was good enough to give it a shot. Looks good

Amen
11-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Is the show any good? I trust your opinion.

It’s worth watching.

Season 1 was good. Season 2 was average.

Hopefully this new season picks up some steam.

Strikta
11-30-2018, 08:27 AM
Season 1 was the best season of any series ever created. That alone will give any season thereafter an automatic glance.

Season 2 wasn't nearly as good, but was ok at times imo.

This should be better.

dull boy
11-30-2018, 08:53 AM
The director of season 1 left the show. He’s since done the show Maniac on Netflix and is directing the next Bond movie. It’s part of why season 2 wasn’t as good.

Changing directors, having a short turn over between the seasons all contributed, I think. It’s like a sophomore album. Debut you basically have been making your entire life. If it’s successful then people want more. You’re under pressure to reproduce something that’s taken a lifetime to create, in a sense.

The story from season 1 was originally going to be a novel, but it got picked up as a TV series. Makes sense that with the writer under pressure and a great director leaving that season 2 was meh.

Ghost1
11-30-2018, 08:55 AM
now a bad time to say that I liked season 2?

sheesh

season 1 was obv better but season 2 was still good

dull boy
11-30-2018, 09:11 AM
now a bad time to say that I liked season 2?

sheesh

season 1 was obv better but season 2 was still good

Season 2 was messy. It just couldn’t compare to 1st season. Direction definitely suffered, too. Story was kind of aimless.

It had it’s moments, though. Like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6HUKOZwKs

Amen
11-30-2018, 10:44 AM
I think the whole Vince Vaughn character killed it for me.

I can't seem to stand that dude. He's so one dimensional and plays that dry humor character. This role was too serious for him and I don't think he played it well.

Aside from that, there were some great episodes in season 2 but as a whole doesn't compare to the 1st season.

Lenox
11-30-2018, 02:54 PM
The director of season 1 left the show. He’s since done the show Maniac on Netflix and is directing the next Bond movie. It’s part of why season 2 wasn’t as good.

Changing directors, having a short turn over between the seasons all contributed, I think. It’s like a sophomore album. Debut you basically have been making your entire life. If it’s successful then people want more. You’re under pressure to reproduce something that’s taken a lifetime to create, in a sense.

The story from season 1 was originally going to be a novel, but it got picked up as a TV series. Makes sense that with the writer under pressure and a great director leaving that season 2 was meh.

Carry fukunagua is a genius. He made maniac on Netflix recently. Wish he never left. Give this season a chance. I guarantee ou will like it TBH

Lenox
11-30-2018, 02:54 PM
I think the whole Vince Vaughn character killed it for me.

I can't seem to stand that dude. He's so one dimensional and plays that dry humor character. This role was too serious for him and I don't think he played it well.

Aside from that, there were some great episodes in season 2 but as a whole doesn't compare to the 1st season.

Yea that shit was retarded. Vince looked half asleep half the time delivering corny ass lines.

veritas
11-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Deddario naked in season one was pretty great.