PDA

View Full Version : pokemon was dope fuck you

uh-oh
01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
i fell into a youtube rabbithole today

i watched a 32 minute video of a guy opening a sealed box of first edition card packs, and was ENRAPTURED and felt i was 10 years old again. this threw me into googling thinking I WANT TO DO THAT. IMA START A WHOLE NEW COLLECTION.

then i realized a box like he opened sells for 3500-5000 WTF

but word this led to other pokemon videos. which led to me realizing they basically remade pokemon yellow for the switch and its fully 3d. so now im trying not to purchase it because i dont know if im gonna get raped on taxes since i made more than i ever have last year, so im trying to wait to buy anything until after i do my taxes

but man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jOw_kLe_AI

i stopped paying attention to pokemon when they switched to more than 151 OG pokemon.

i miss this shit

Qualm
01-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Pokémon was dope but they can’t just keep adding more and more every year and act like nobody in pallet town knew they existed. 251 is the max acceptable

veritas
01-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Psyduck da goat.

uh-oh
01-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Pokémon was dope but they can’t just keep adding more and more every year and act like nobody in pallet town knew they existed. 251 is the max acceptable

agreed. the last game i played was gold, and i remember thinking all the new ones didn't seem like they fit. i never finished that game though and i think that coincides with when i lost interest.

i think i seen theyre up to like 800 now. its like yo what is the POINT.

i really wanna grab that "lets go" though. just because everything im hearing is its pokemon yellow basically but an updated 2018 version. im just trying to rescue a young squirtle from a squirtle gang and raise him to a beastly blastoise, grab me a bulbasaur and charmander too and have the triumvirate murk the elite 4

~RustyGunZ~
01-05-2019, 08:48 PM
I’m really close to buying a switch

Or a 2080ti so I can run emulators flawlessly

uh-oh
01-05-2019, 09:01 PM
i seen they already got a switch emulator but its a ways off from running anything coherently

im thinking about downloading some emulators tho and trying to get into all the pokemon eras i paid 0 attention to. and or just whatever is the newest that runs smooth

veritas
01-05-2019, 09:28 PM
No love for psyduck tho?

~RustyGunZ~
01-06-2019, 12:03 AM
i seen they already got a switch emulator but its a ways off from running anything coherently

im thinking about downloading some emulators tho and trying to get into all the pokemon eras i paid 0 attention to. and or just whatever is the newest that runs smooth

the wii U emulators are okay if you have high end hardware

Exis
01-06-2019, 05:23 AM
You watched for 32 minutes?? Lol...

Was never in2 Pokemon tbh, Bleach dope tho...

bleak
01-06-2019, 06:38 AM
Bleach is in no way comparable to Pokemon besides being Japanese and animated, don't appropriate weeb culture for your boarding agenda.
uh-oh rooting for you today against the false prophets

Exis
01-06-2019, 06:49 AM
No need to catch some menstrual cycle fam...Just sayin' Bleach better than Pokemon.

Amen
01-06-2019, 06:52 AM
This is where society went wrong.

uh-oh
01-06-2019, 08:53 AM
yall are probably old tho, which i'd understand. i remember watching this everyday before elementary school in like the 4th grade. the gameboy games battling and trading with friends. they had the toys r us set up for card battles and shit. it was a gigantic thing in the late 90's

i never heard of bleach. only other anime i was aware of was dragonball Z and it missed me cuz we didn't have cable until i was too old to give a shit about cartoon network

uh-oh
01-06-2019, 08:57 AM
uh-oh rooting for you today against the false prophets
take this REP sir

edit- couldn't rep you, i repped you to recently, which i don't remember doing but word you must be killing it.

also veritas lol psyduck

Chill Phil
01-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Never fucked with the cards, EVER.

Played it on Gameboy color though. Up until I got to the caves where the psychic Pokemon were. Never made it out them caves...

Sharp
01-06-2019, 09:57 AM
Word

I've heard the new one plays like their Pokémon go mobile game and can you can even transfer Pokémon from your phone into the game

If you're looking to do emulators, I like the hand held experience so much more than a laptop, I bought the first edition 3ds pre-owned then something called a supercard from some weird ass Chinese company. You can load gameboy, gba, ds, snes, and nes emulators and games onto it (probably more) which covers like 5 generations of pokémon?

I tried some newer ones, there's just something different about it and I can never stay invested, but ds remakes of gold and silver are amazing. There are usually complete versions of roms you can patch over (so every pokemon is in the game). Gl gawd and hit me up when you get a switch. I may end up getting that new Pokémon if I see it cheap enough used

~RustyGunZ~
01-06-2019, 12:38 PM
PSP/Vita is a solid emulator handheld option too

TeckNeek
01-10-2019, 04:51 PM
i still have a first edition Machamp...and few other good ones...