PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 PLAYOFF PLAY-IN BATTLE : BodySnatcher vs. Infiltrate BODY WINS

bleak
03-04-2019, 11:34 AM
SOL PLAYOFF PLAY-IN

This battle will be a 24(-36) hour 1-2 battle for the 4th and final spot in the playoffs.

You each have until tonight (11:59 PST 3/4) to drop your best bar, house rules obv

Votes will close late tomorrow night and we will continue on to playoffs

May grodd have mercy on your souls.

Voters please leave a brief explanation
Infiltrate BodySnatcher

Saint
03-04-2019, 11:46 AM
In

BodySnatcher
03-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Here.

Saint
03-04-2019, 11:55 PM
This tool stretch u even across. & ya fam'll need kleenex for sobs
Cuz when they see u 'face down body, tissues breaking up' like a Swedish Massage

BodySnatcher
03-05-2019, 12:00 AM

Ur dressed to kill so I guarantee these bullets will hit ur polo,
But 1 wrong move & we'll see the Tommy leave ‘half of this square red’ like the Hilfiger logo

bleak
03-05-2019, 12:15 AM
DynamiCz Flow 3Resin M-I-C Blue Bayou Ryno
C : Jabari Black Incredible Shia Labruh Useless Cyrax Prozac Aero Dominate Plot

Flow
03-05-2019, 03:29 AM
Lol tough shout - both pretty decent here but inf had the name flip advantage an it just flows better when read. So inf edged it

V inf

Dominate
03-05-2019, 04:42 AM
I’ve got Body. Wordplay is cleaner. Not nearly the best I’ve read from either tbh.

Shia Labruh
03-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Inf punch had a dope swag to it.

Vote- bodysnatch
He had a smooth read throughout. Good connects on his wording.

Inf had swag elements but his punch came of ever so slightly choppy due to the way he tried to word it. Had it been worded better, he probably could've took it due to having better concept.

Blas
03-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Inf had the dope concept/weak punch. Body had the pretty reasonable gun bar. I normally side with concepts/wordplay/creativity so inf gets my vote but honestly both bars were fine it's just a preference thing for me.

v/ inf

Jabari Black
03-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Inf the laid down/lay out/massage table concept has been done both on the site (against body too) and in live battles. You used face down instead of lay you down but it still didn’t come off fresh. Body tissue break was different though. I that part of the flip works but is a bit light. You have the body np which is okay but the tissue break up pretty much has the same meaning both ways. Kleenex was a good tie in - makes the tissue break up feel like an entendre. Overall this landed but it came off a bit sloppy.

I think the concept is a little bland but clean wording. The dresses to kill tie in was pretty good - I feel it’s getting a bit overused and you can see where the punch is going but I think it works and gets a pass because it’s part of the set up. Polo part of the set up wasn’t heavy but kinda makes the punch cohesive. The tommy flip prob the best part of the actual punch. Half of the square red is okay. The square part of the flip is cool but covered in red just gets done a lot. Since I could see where the punch was going I woulda loved to see if you could end it differently than with just “like a hilfigure logo”.

Overall, both of the punches feel rushed. Wasn’t crazy bout either concept - infs cus it’s been done and body’s just felt a bit bland. Body definitely had the better wording and execution though. Infs execution was lacking here. I got Body taking this.

Mvgt Body

Ryno
03-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Hard to choose. I liked Infs concept more, wasn’t a fan of the wording though. Vice versa for Body. I’m gonna give it to body just off of the execution, which made the concept as a whole hit better

V/BS

bleak
03-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Im a fan of creativity, didn't see much here but Inf tries to do a lot more with his bar. The tie ins all make enough sense, wording could have been better but it works for me.

Body I think I'm just getting burnt out on these type bars. I read all your verses, one of the only battlers I still do so I think that may have hurt u here in my eyes. It's more of the same, which isn't necessarily a bad thing overall, you know what gets votes. It's just getting a bit formulaic, I'd like to see u try something new. I know why u didn't, this is an important bar and ur formula works.

Creativity trumps but Body really could have taken my vote with something fresh

Infiltrate

Good shit to both and good luck moving forward

Zaddy
03-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Inf was pretty wordy and used a concept that has been done before

Body had a pretty cool bar that was worded and executed just right.

Vote BodySnatcher

Sharp
03-05-2019, 02:26 PM
I have body by a hair. It's worded meaner. Infiltrate had cool wp, but it didn't sting as much as BodySnatcher's execution.

v/body

Blue Bayou
03-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Tough call, both were pretty cool but not crazy.. thought both were worded and delivered well

One the whole I like Infs concept a bit better so he edged this to me.. props to both on a good short season

bleak
03-05-2019, 07:49 PM
6-4 closing in an hour or less