PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: Flow vs Incredible FLOW WINS

Flow
03-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Week One

You all know the rules, but if you need reminding go look at the thread.

DUE THURSDAY

Flow
Incredible

*The 1-2 league and it's mini LR league are one bar Vs one bar.*

Flow
03-19-2019, 08:34 AM
Good luck g

Flow
03-19-2019, 11:40 AM
Your life is like a snow globe of a Christmas from the past
only see the family home from the outside staring in through the glass

Incredible
03-19-2019, 11:16 PM
Looking forward to that grudge match, forgot why u mad bro?...riiight the DQ
Didn't beat jesus freak, u'll meet again soon...when I split ya Red Sea all the way back from the EU!

zelti
03-20-2019, 05:07 AM
Flow - lmao solid punch, hilarious. Cool concept and a personal that hit nice, it’s easy for that concept to be played by now but you twisted it nicely.

Incredible - this actually wasn’t a bad punch, good execution but the second line was a tad by wordy and took away from the overall punch.

Vote Flow

Jabari Black
03-20-2019, 07:50 AM
Lmao ayo Flow that punch was dope af. Punch was funny af, the flip was clean af, the wording was crisp and precise. Yeah this was dope - no critiques from me.

Inc, not taking anything away from your prior work, but this is EASILY the best concept I’ve seen from you. Went for a really complex bar, weaving in the Bible/Jesus/Veritas concept with the Red C/EU concept.

I think the word associate alone is dope. When you get the the execution, there’s some wording issues though. The Red Sea/RedC flip doesn’t really relate back to Flow well, and if I does it’s not clear based on wording. So like with that wording it’s not clear what splitting his red c means for the shooting flow meaning. Same thing with from the EU. It plays on the RedC concept but in terms of the shooting flow meaning, does it mean you shoot him in Europe, shoot him from Europe, etc?

Overall, I love the concept, liked the bar. I think you’re growing as a writer and with a little more experience, you’d have been able to flip this into a nasty triple entendre.

Anyways, dope battle. Inc coulda caught a lot of people slipping with his bar, but Lars was in his bag this week.

Mvgt Flow

Blas
03-20-2019, 09:10 AM
flows bar was cool, the concept was also very creative which makes it even better

increds bar wasn't bad, concept was ok the connection was just kinda meh tbh and it could have been worded a bit better

v/ flow but both came reasonably fine

Lenox
03-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Flows was pretty straight forward but I fucked with it. Family looking threw the glass was dope
Didn’t like incredible’s execution with EU. Def needed to be reworded

FLOW

DynamiCz
03-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Your life is like a snow globe of a Christmas from the past
only see the family home from the outside staring in through the glass

Incred the homie, but boy when I say this bar had me dying laughing for a good 5 mins. Lmao this shit was direct, funny, and very harsh. Good shit Flow(lmao at JB saying Lars was in his bag)

-------

Looking forward to that grudge match, forgot why u mad bro?...riiight the DQ
Didn't beat jesus freak, u'll meet again soon...when I split ya Red Sea all the way back from the EU!

Bro this was nice, wording just a bit stretched here which made the execution not hit hard as it should. Def wasn't a bad bar tho

Good shit to both, but Flow took this one here

BodySnatcher
03-20-2019, 01:56 PM
My vote goes to Flow. That shit was dope juice. Incred also had a good bar but it could have been cleaned up a bit to hit harder.

Barcotic
03-20-2019, 02:04 PM
flow
lol simple but funny, tbh i had to look around a bit for it to click. overall bar is slick tho, great wording

inc
wording was stretched out & the concept was awk.

v/flow

Suthaveli
03-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Read flow bar yesterday & laughed. Read it again & same results.
Incredible bar wasn't that bad though. I'm seeing improvement in yo since I've last peeped his shit.
But flow had me so he gmv.

Vote flow

Miss Netcees
03-20-2019, 02:53 PM
both punchlines great I like flow Punchlines more it made me laugh

Resin M-I-C
03-20-2019, 03:08 PM
Inc man ur execution took away from a pretty decent punch, 25 syllables without an internal scheme is alot bro

flow was creative, had humor and it read very clean

v flow

sral
03-22-2019, 05:35 AM
i'm not gonna vote for obv reasons but Inc has been improving lately tbh

i see you

Plot
03-24-2019, 04:23 AM
V-Flow for the personal.
Incs punch was confusing, Im still not sure what the Red Sea bit means

Flow
03-24-2019, 06:42 AM