PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: Maximus vs Real Spit SPIT WINS

Flow
03-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Week One

You all know the rules, but if you need reminding go look at the thread.

DUE THURSDAY
Maximus
Real Spit

*The 1-2 league and it's mini LR league are one bar Vs one bar.*

Maximus
03-19-2019, 04:37 AM
this dweeb never gets the hoes, he's boring like life in prison
the last bitch i saw drooling over Spit was a dog with ptyalism

Real Spit
03-19-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm a husler, about them quick dollars while you run like a slow jam
I'm moving .apk a week & you still struggle to get w/the program

Lenox
03-19-2019, 02:17 PM
weak battle here tbh

I liked spits .apk wordplay tho, get with the program was corny af

Maximus was way too simple

SPIT

Flow
03-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Thought it was an ok showing by both. Nice flips. Whilst maximum used the name flip which I think is better then the generic thrown by spit I felt spit worded his a bit better .. that being said I found the get with the program a bit lacking in harshness so for that I'm edging maximus in a tight contest

Blue Bayou
03-19-2019, 03:09 PM
Cool battle here

Max’s setup bugs me for some reason, boring like life in prison just seems I dunno, lame… the ‘over’ part of the punch seems out of place… but overall for a Spit nameplay I think it’s a pretty funny concept

Spit cool fresh wordplay that works, and is set-up well… I do agree that the get with the program finish is a bit out of place, because I wouldn’t call somebody hustlin’ “getting with the program” per se, but it relates well to the wordplay & the punch has good swag to it

Overall Spit has a more enjoyable and better executed punch imo, he gets my vote… cool LR battle dudes

Vote – Spit

bleak
03-19-2019, 06:59 PM
In a 1-2 battle you gotta fill all the dead space with more than just shit that rhymes imo

Spit did a better job of that here, Max didn't utilize his setup as well as he could have. I can definitely appreciate the effort on a word like that. Lil rust Max you'll get it next week

Spit

White LGI
03-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Both probably better than what I'll drop but I liked max better, just more complex,,witty and original

Incredible
03-19-2019, 09:18 PM
Ok battle here I think maximus didn't hit as hard as he was going for when writing it, see where he was going but yeah. Spit was pretty clever here I got him taking this kind of easily, flowed nice and hit decent. Vote = Real Spit

DynamiCz
03-20-2019, 01:07 PM
this dweeb never gets the hoes, he's boring like life in prison
the last bitch i saw drooling over Spit was a dog with ptyalism

This was coo, wording was also crisp reading it

-------

I'm a husler, about them quick dollars while you run like a slow jam
I'm moving .apk a week & you still struggle to get w/the program

I like this a little more here, a little bit more creative where Max bar was nice, but nice on the simple side.

I got Real here with more creativity, props to both

Barcotic
03-20-2019, 01:49 PM
max
i didnt quite get the ref to make sense out of drooling over spit, i got the jist of what u were going for. ive seen a ton of spit punches done much better tbh, so this ends up landing soft to me

spit
cool wp, i like that.. however the overall punch also lands soft. the leadup was like "yep another dope bar" but then there was no payoff/the end was letdown

so both were on the softer side, but spit's originality gives his the edge
v/spf50

Orc
03-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Max I can’t rock with a spit bar he’s had the name for 10 years you know better

Spit this was decent and clever with a cool twist

Vote spit

Suthaveli
03-21-2019, 01:15 PM
When I first encountered spit, I used a spit bar, & it was played back then. Your flip wasn't horrible if I were to dig deeper, what dragged you was the fact that it's stupid played.

Spit bar was pretty good. I like his connection on it.
Mvgt- real spit

sral
03-22-2019, 05:39 AM
I got Spit winning, edge to him with the concept and wording

Jabari Black
03-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Max came solid here. I think the bitch drooling over spit was worded fairly clean. “Drooling over spit” works better in the females drooling over him meaning. For the dog drooling meaning the wording isn’t as clean but it’s only a minor issue. My biggest issue with this bar is just that it’s a bit too elementary. Haven’t seen any spit battles so I haven’t seen too many spit flips but I’m assuming this one has to be the most obvious and used flips. Overall I got this bar hitting though, just saying that as constructive feedback.

Spi, that apk word play was slick af imo. You set up the punch fairly well besides moving like a slow jam was an awkward phrase. But I still think it was a good set up because it was so concise. Like I said the apk flip was dope af. I think you coulda ended it stronger than “get with the program” though. It does tie back in to the wp, but it’s another one of the instances where it works better one way than the other. Overall I think this was a pretty nice bar bro.

I think both had strong punches but Spit took this one with his creativity and clever wp.

Mvgt Spit

BodySnatcher
03-22-2019, 02:42 PM
Maximus bar was cool...had to look up ptyalism. I think Spit had a clear better bar.

Flow
03-24-2019, 08:27 AM
11 2 spit wins