PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: Superboy VS Resin RES WINS

Flow
03-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Week Two

You all know the rules, but if you need reminding go look at the thread.

DUE THURSDAY

superboy estar legend
Resin M-I-C

*The 1-2 league and it's mini LR league are one bar Vs one bar.*

Resin M-I-C
03-27-2019, 09:25 PM
see me put the ratchet to this born loser, hollows is what u receivin..
cuz i’m giving Super 8.. like the fuckin roach motel u were concieved in.

superboy estar legend
03-28-2019, 07:24 PM
i'm a stoner bitch, i'll torch a blunt then slice his neck & throat
we'll NEVER see resin ball & even if we do he's GETTING SMOKED

Incredible
03-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Super was too simple here, blunts and smoking resin don't really go together, I get what you were trying to do, but it didn't really work, flowed ok. Resin had a good name play flip. Vote = Resin M-I-C

Blas
03-29-2019, 06:56 AM
resin came with an ok flip, the first part of the punch was cool but saying he was born in a shitty motel was just meh to me

supers flip was dope imo, incred didn't understand that the smoking blunts was just setting it up and had nothing to do w/ resin so i liked it, very effective connection/punch

v/ super

Saint
03-29-2019, 07:26 AM
Vote- Res. Flip was a bit better & less obv than Superboys & had humor to it. SB's was ok I expected a better ender to just 'smoked' after the resin ball but it was alright. keep at it bruh

Ghost1
03-29-2019, 08:35 AM
both had easy name flips. I liked both legit tho honestly. I thought supers wording was cleaner and more natural tho.

v super

Cred
03-29-2019, 08:49 AM
cool match here. Preference will prolly get it here. I liked resins bar

Vote resin

White LGI
03-29-2019, 01:34 PM
I liked resin better...I could hear his line being spit in a live battle, that's rare in text it seems these days ..I liked super bar to but truth is I personally like shit that could actually be spit.... good shit fellas

Flow
03-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Tight battle. Superboys was a pretty obvious nameplay but I thought he executed it really well actually. I am edging it to resin though. Just sounded tight. I like that

Equal in terms of everything else. Deffo a close one

Vote res

Jabari Black
03-30-2019, 08:00 AM
Resin’s punch was solid. I think the Super 8 flip is a pretty good flip. It’s a bit basic but it works and hasn’t been done to my knowledge. Born loser was a solid tie in. I think you shoulda went for a shorter phrase than “like the fucking roach motel u were conceived in”. That phrase is just really wordy when essentially all you needed to do was reference the motel. I think your wordings typically better but it’s still above average here. Overall, pretty good punch.

I think Super has a creative punch. I haven’t been around to see resin name flips, so idk if this has been done, but this was a good name flip to me. Ima a stoner and torch a blunt are okay tie ins. They accomplish the job in that they get us looking for a weed reference, but woulda been better if it was something that directly tied into the punch of him not balling or him getting smoked. In other words, these were just two statements phrases so they tie in, but not as difficult as if it was something directly related to the punch.

Anyways resin ball flip was pretty nice flip. The getting smoke ended gets the job done, but slightly and anticlimactic way to end the punch. It was the predictable way to end the bar. Also just a extra tip, you typically want the set up and punch to be saying the same thing. In the set up you say your going to cut his throat, and in the punch you say he’s getting smoked (which means getting shot where I’m from). It just adds to the punch when you either saying the same thing in both set up and punch, or you have some sort of clear transition to let everyone know you talkin bout to different things.

Anyways, I left way more feed and critique for Super but that’s was just because Res been around awhile and need less feedback. This battle was razor tight. I think Super has the better name flip. I think Resins execution edged him this. Less wording issues with resin and a more concise punch. Very close but I got Resin squeaking a win.

Mvgt Resin

Kill Spree
04-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Res wins

Flow
04-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Resin wins 6-2