PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Dominate vs Ryno RYNO WINS

Flow
04-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Week Three

You all know the rules, but if you need reminding go look at the thread.

DUE THURSDAY

Dominate
Ryno

Extensions need to be agreed by both parties

Ryno
04-03-2019, 06:39 AM
http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?498723-LLL-Week-4-Championship-Dominate-vs-King-OPEN-FOR-VOTES

King aka Strange

Ya bitch went ghost after that L. The shame made her run till she’s tired.
When u lost to Stranger Things were packed. Not even 11 could find her.

Dominate
04-05-2019, 12:18 AM
Little rust on the weapon don’t matter when I’m leaving suckers for dead
The switchblade’s a little catchy … you’ll still get it stuck in ya head

Blas
04-05-2019, 12:32 AM
ryno: pretty dope tbh liked the wp, personal & execution
dom: the concept is ok & the connection is good but the initial punch calling ur switchblade catchy just seems forced unless its slang ive never heard of?

v/ ryno, edged it imo

joog
04-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Ryno- solid. Good personal. I fk w it.
Dominate- this was fire for the most part

So, neither concept is all that fresh to me.
Dom- ive seen the "stuck in ur head" angle
Ryno- i thought i saw this before, but i didn't. Ive seen stranger things done as a reference, but not like this.

Vote ryno

~RustyGunZ~
04-05-2019, 08:04 PM
I liked Doms a little more. Kinda like Chyeahhs last week concept wise.

Ryno was cool but I saying his girl would leave him from a text battle just doesn’t register as harsh lol

Close though

BodySnatcher
04-06-2019, 11:35 AM
vote - Ryno, stranger things was dope...Dom, I did a similar line against Bar last week except mine was better IMO.

He’s retarded...no way this shmuck is lucid,
If so I’ma leave a blade in his dome…& we’ll just say that it’s stuck on stupid

Resin M-I-C
04-06-2019, 01:35 PM
ryno had solid tie ins, solid execution but the concept itself is a bit of a reach
Dom’s line is familiar.. still a good flip tho

cointoss, Dom attacked a bit more here imo

v Dom

Saint
04-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Pretty close. Stranger Things I've done & seen a few times. It was a slightlyyy different flip. Tie in was ok.

Dom.. same thing the rusty in the setup helped the catchy part. It was ok too - familiar concept.

Going w/ better fundamentals/execution here.

Vote - Dom

Plot
04-07-2019, 03:42 AM
Very close one here, Im liking Doms better slightly.
Just had to re-read Rynos to get the strange her things.
Not that thats a problem, just Dom was a little more direct here, so he gets it.
Plus the rusty/catchy/stuck was all pretty dope

Clout
04-07-2019, 07:34 AM
I like dom here slightly more than ry's. Think dom worded his a bit smoother again both concepts have been done. But Dom's a bit more fresh to me. Thats the bad thing about popular shows. Again good match, Dom by a smidge.

v/ Dom

Cred
04-07-2019, 09:45 AM
I liked Dom's line here, but I liked Rynos better tbh.

v / Ryno

White LGI
04-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Ryno gets the W.

Both were very solid....I won't take nothing from either but just because I got to pick a winner im giving a close W to ryno

Incredible
04-07-2019, 07:05 PM
This was a close one, rynos angle comes off a little meh to me, using his defeat over someone else is like a decent flip to the gut. Need to aim for the head. I think dom did a better job of doing that exactly, execution was much better and felt it hit harder. Vote = Dominate

Destroyer
04-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Maybe I’m missing something but though dom’s was just too simple

V/ryno

Flow
04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
6 -6

Upping for votes

Kill Spree
04-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Rynos was the clever personal doms bar was dope to but I gotta give it to the personal hit

V/ryno

Ghost1
04-08-2019, 09:05 AM
lol ryno. it was funny I guess......but wtf? she packed her things in shame of doms loss LMAO. nah that shits funny. I actually want to hate on it but nah yaknow what.....its too funny and it was technically sound as well.

dom was/is always technically sound...as was his bar this week....but shit was played homie

v ryno

Sharp
04-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Ryno's wordplay was cool and smooth but it wasn't the strongest punch. Dom's was basic, but I thought it had more sting to it, so I got Dom in a really close one

V/dom

Jabari Black
04-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Ryno has a solid bar here. The angle is kinda weird saying that his girl left cus he lost a text battle but you made it work lol. You set up the punch well. The Stranger things wp was slick to me. People have done stranger things bars but that’s doesn’t make the punch played just because you’re using the same reference. I don’t think the “not even 11 could fine her” was a strong way to end the punch but it was decent. Overall pretty good bar.

Dom, this was a well crafted bar, but a concept I’ve seen done before. The set up was great because it allowed you to do a nice little flip on “the switchblade catchy”. “Switchblade a little catchy” is clever. You probably wouldn’t use the phrase for a rusty knife in real life but it’s not a big deal here since that’s not the whole punch. My issue with the punch is that the it’ll get stuck in your head has been done before. That’s the main part of
Your punch and it just didn’t feel fresh. However, overall, I think Dom’s bar was good as well.

Overall, I think both guys had great execution. Dom would have been able to catch most guys slipping just based on his wording and execution alone. I think ryno came equally crisp in this one though. I got Ryno edging this slightly with the very solid wordplay and fresher concept.

Mvgt Ryno

Flow
04-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Ryno wins 9-7