PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Contenders Match: Jabari Black vs Seth(SETH WINS)

Flow
04-16-2019, 07:03 AM
1-2 Week Five

You all know the rules, but if you need reminding go look at the thread.

DUE THURSDAY
Jabari Black
seth

Extensions need to be agreed by both parties

MUST VOTE ON 4 BATTLES AS WELL AS CONTENDER AND CHAMP MATCHES

VOTES MUST BE AT LEAST 2 SENTENCES to QUALIFY THIS WEEK

Jabari Black
04-18-2019, 11:40 PM
seth Punch sent

~RustyGunZ~
04-18-2019, 11:49 PM
seth Punch sent

Forgot this sorry last week wa Friday

Got stuff due tonight cool if I drop in the AM?

Jabari Black
04-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Forgot this sorry last week wa Friday

Got stuff due tonight cool if I drop in the AM?

Yeah no problem

~RustyGunZ~
04-19-2019, 02:17 PM
lol @ you & the gunbar boys not liking my Nipsey punch against Des

Y'all fairweather fans

Not committed like ya girl - travels cus @ home u make her yawn
Her & ur "hero" get the same treatment, they gettin' no love til they’re gone

Jabari Black
04-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Get ya soul raised! I’m in traffic blowin at ya like it’s road rage/
Crash ya car when the pole spray...but when I put the metal on ya whip, it ain’t a roll cage/

Blue Bayou
04-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Cool battle, somewhat disappointing for a cont battle but both had solid albeit unspectacular bars

Seth - Multi set-up is lazy, but not biggie. the set-up relates well to the punch. While conceptually this seems pretty easy & straightforward, the personal hits and i like the direction you took playing off your previous Nipsey line you felt was slept on (i believe that came up in the magcast). I know you guys know each other decently well, if JB's wife actually does travel for work this elevates the bar... all in all not the most creative or jaw dropping concept going, but a well timed and effective punch

JB - Wording is dope, your multi scheme was on point as per usual...that said, i love me a good Metal bar but to be honest this one is only so-so/dece to me...as far as shoot up your whip lines go, theyve def been done and having seen better i the past i'm left feeling like "metal/roll cage okay good not great"...you have the wording to really carry a bar, but conceptually for a metal bar, this generic is a bit lackluster to me for a contendership match if im being honest

On the whole fun read and two solid bars were dropped here....could see this going either way, I'm giving the edge to Seth as i slightly preferred his personal nipsey concept a little more....props to both

Vote - Seth

Saint
04-20-2019, 11:28 AM
I think seth got it here. JB had a cool rollcage3 bar, but I have to admit it wasn't crazy enough comparison here. Dope scheme in writing, very s&f w/ the setup. Seth took a "Love til their gone" idiom which I haven't seen & related it to something personal, which hit better imo.

V seth

Kill Spree
04-21-2019, 01:58 PM
Needs more votes

Kill Spree
04-22-2019, 08:48 AM
2-0 Seth

Let’s get more votes so we can move on

*will edit in vote shortly*

joog
04-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Vote black.
Jabari- solid "shoot ur car up" bar. Tie ins were good. I liked it overall
Seth- idk. Solid nipsey reference. But this was a basic"ur girl is bored at home" bar. The no l9ve til ur gone angle wasnt enough here imo

Inno
04-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Wasn’t feeling Seth’s bar tbh. Jb was al title more direct so it had a bit more sting in my eyes. I got jb

bleak
04-22-2019, 03:19 PM
To me the biggest thing in 1-2 is being creative and cohesive while also using every syllable you are allotted.

Seth did an outside the box punch and not the usual shit, while also keeping it concise

Creative, cohesive, concise

JB you played it a little safe here imo, im a fan of these style bars but i dont think it trumps what seth had to offer, even with more tie ins.

Seth

Kill Spree
04-22-2019, 07:39 PM
So took me a bit with Seth’s bar but I thought could have been better... meaning more savage/cut throat.. Jabari’s bar was dope. Everything tied in but Seth’s was a dope personal on the nipsey treatment he didn’t like and Seth tied jbs girl into it. Clever move. Where Jabari’s was really just another barabout shooting someone’s car

Got Seth