PDA

View Full Version : TAG TOURNEY ROUND 2 MAG

PancakeBrah
09-02-2013, 12:51 AM
TAG TOURNAMENT III ROUND TWO
Magazine

Round 1 of the tournament was a success, mostly due to the fact that the majority of the writers showed and it was a stacked opening round. We only had two no-shows in Cashius/Knucklehead and Joe Metts/Strikta. This threw a small kink into the Round 2 seedings as both of those teams were the favored seed, but Diode, Death, Witty, and Genocide all did their thing, dropped on time, and deserved to move onto the next round for actually prioritizing the tournament. For the battles that actually went into the voting stage, they were all one-sided affairs. The winning team in each match won without a single vote going against them. That’s to be expected in some matches, but the evenly-matched contests were blowouts as well. I can’t imagine that will be the case this round. Things have narrowed down and the high quality nature of this tournament is starting to come into effect. Even one of the Top 3 seeds has a tough matchup this go around, as Orc and Hush face off against Patrick and Sn00p. We also have Neighbor and Allen Knight going against Aero and Dominate. Both should be excellent. There’s always the chance for an upset in the other two matches as well. It should be a dope round if the previous verses by Round 2’s participants are any indication.

ROUND 2 RECAPS
Slaughterhouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6vuKEhwTbo

ill nik-a & Bags vs. Destroyer/TheEnd

This was originally nik/Bags vs. Storyteller/TheEnd but then Storyteller had a life-altering change and decided to never visit Netcees again. We’re all better off for it. Meanwhile, Destroyer made his little mini-resurgence and subbed in. Which is relatively funny because Bags and Des share a den together (get it!? It’s a funny joke! THEY LIKE EACH OTHER!!!). Anyhoo, this was one-sided (I’ll be saying that a lot in these recaps. Every time, in fact). Factor in that nik and Bags are the 1 seed, Des had a short time to write, and TheEnd being an unknown quality with no chemistry with Des, and you get a blowout. This doesn’t give enough credit to Des and TheEnd, though, as every vote had something positive to say about them. That wasn’t the case with every battle in Round 1. But nik and Bags had the consistently dope punches that simply overwhelmed Des and TheEnd.

Patrick & Sn00p vs. Philly & Meth

This was supposed to be the second closest match of the first round behind Aero/Dominate and Karaoke/Mael. That changed once Philly decided to pull the no show, leaving Meth to take on two of the best battlers on the site by himself. Thing is, Meth has some bars but he isn’t at the level to take on two respected vets for this length of lines. Swerve and sn00p didn’t bring their top notch shit, but it was enough to take the battle with no votes against. Respect to Meth for going 2 on 1 and getting some props in the votes.

God of War & Alvin Karpis vs. Shogun Dinero & Lotto Smirk

Massacre. I’ll be honest, GoW and Karpis overloaded on the lotto/Gamble word plays. I mean, that shit is ripe for the picking and each individual use of it was dope. But it got a little old. But that’s picking nits. I do believe this was Gamble solo. GoW and Karpis brought hits outside of that particular wordplay, too, and there wasn’t much Gamblino could do. He started off with a self-tag nameplay. I will give him props, his second bar (god was never real) was actually a good tag punch, but not really based on a real personal. Outside of that, he got outclassed. Just the same, I give respect to any team who showed and MORE to someone who showed for the line length with a partner missing. Props to dude for dropping a verse, it’s more than few complete teams did. Just ran into a freight train.

Orc & Hush vs. Franco & Leowats

Hush and Leo dropped half finished verses and shit. This was class warfare lol. When everything got straightened out, Orc and Hush came with the best verse of the week, to the point that I questioned not making them the top seed. They dropped as if they were battling a high seed, not to their competition. Leo has gained an immediate bad reputation which I’m sure didn’t help in the votes. But it didn’t matter, Orc and Hush came correct. As I said in my Round 1 Preview Mag, Leo and Franc would have had to drop their best shit and hoped Orc and Hush dropped mediocre. That didn’t happen. They’re a threat and might be the new favorites.

The Faculty vs. Phuck Yew/Rayge

My personal favorite of the blowouts. I thought Phuck and Rayge had some dope bars, tbh. The AK Malfunction line is exactly the line I’m looking for in this tourney. Dope double word play, although they were missing a word as a typo. I thought the Allen Knight Starbucks line was dope, too. Outside of that, they had some lines with good concepts but missed execution or just plain misses for lines overall. I’ll be honest, AK and Neigh had some solid bars but I expected just a LITTLE more. If I had to vote I would’ve still gone with them, but it was a closer in mind than the votes would lead someone to believe. Their mechanics and knowledge of how to construct a battle verse were too much for Phuck/Rayge in the end. I’m sure they’re bringing their best this round.

Aero & Dominate (formerly Vainglorious) vs. Karaoke & Mael

This was supposed to be the battle of the week, the closely contested match, the push Round 2 opening back tete-a-tete….and it wasn’t. Karaoke is respected, and I know firsthand Mael has bars, but they got knocked out in the votes. Every vote basically said it was a close affair, but sided with Aero/Dom. The Karaoke/drop the ball opener was ill as fuck. Expected more from Karaoke/mael.

INTERVIEWS
This time with more Irish, Drunk, and Anti-Bags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOvu0wGSBho

WITTY

You and Geno got into the second round on a no show. What chance do you give yourselves going into Round 2 against nik/bags?

I think we are better than people would expect us to be, we are both mainly topical writers and we are against two of the best and most successful battlers on the site, we will be going for the win tho, I always believe I can win.

Who do you have as the favorite for the tournament, excluding yourselves if need be?

Hush and Orc are a nasty team, it is hard to look past those two when picking a favorite

As an Irish person, how often are you drunk?

Definitely more often than I should be although not as often as I used to be....growing up sucks.

Do you live in the dangerous part of Ireland?

The area I grew up was much more dangerous than where I live now, it was a place ran by paramilitary organisations, otherwise known as terrorist faggots who used to have a cause but are now just thugs and drug dealers who know how to use bombs and create fear, fuck em.

How do you feel about people impersonating the Irish accent?

Lol people can do the Irish accent all they want, I don't have the typical Irish accent so they aren't sounding anything like me anyway, but yeah....I see no problem with making fun of accents or cultures, as long as it stays as fun, I don't like people who can laugh at others but can't laugh at themselves.

I enjoy drinking Jameson; is Jameson a shitty Irish whiskey? What whiskey would you recommend?

No Sir, Jameson is a great whiskey, one of the best...well done on having good taste. I would recommend Bushmills.

How did you and Geno get paired up? Random signing up or have you guys collabed in the past/love each other? He seems very mean.

We are both ATR, he posted a thread looking for an ATR member to tag with so I figured why not? Geno is a great writer and one of my favorite boarders so it is cool to be tagging with him.

Do you think you're more intelligent than me? Sometimes I think you do. You're not. You're pretty smart. But do you?

It would be very unintelligent of me to consider myself intelligent...I think I have a talent for arguing and knowing how to express my opinions coherently more so than being intelligent. Intelligence suggests education and qualifications. I have had very little of either, so no probably not.

How did you arrive at netcees?

You faggots came to RIA and it looked fun and I wanted to see what this place was like. Plus GOW was here and I was already cool with him so I came over, got heavily clowned, got banned, and fell in love. I love the trolling culture of this place....netcees is like my soul mate. Some people are not good at it though and they need to stop before they kill this place.

Any last thoughts/shoutouts?

Shout out to me for being so fucking talented and better than everyone at everything.
Shout out to yourself for the interview and running of the league

Shout out to ATR

Shout out to the fox

---

ALLEN KNIGHT

You and Neigh took care of business in the first round but you have Aero and Dominate this round. How do you see your Round 2 matchup going down? Also, is Aero a faggot?

Yea first rd was just a rushed verse tbh i was at a weddin couldnt really take my time but neigh held it down, this round gonna be a good battle but were gonna ether them were goin the fuck in, n yes aero is a faggot but hes not near bags level of faggotness that son of a bitch, man i wish he gets final destination'd at the gym on a tread mill

Now that we're down to 8 teams who do you think has the best chance of champing this tournament, aside from you and Neighbor?

Everyone left is dope tbh, an its really anyones game but honestly think orc an hush thats a striaght ill team right there , also did i mention bags is honestly a fuckin piece of shit. I hope he gets gang raped by the amish mafia in a barn

Right now I have nik/bags, GoW/Karpis, and Orc/Hush ahead of you and Neighbor as seeds. Explain why you and neigh have a chance to win this over the higher seeds?

We swagged out boss mode, outlaw an mag, Honestly think we can take anyone out neigh got dope wordin i got concepts
Together its a wrap imo, an im not half assing this torney but We will see, oh did i mention bags is a waste of air & i pray every day he gets ejected out the wind sheld of his gran prix while txtin pics to ill nika fuckin faggot as bags i wanna break my fist in his soul

How do you feel about the reputation system, as a Discussion mod?

Shit corny as fuck, yes spilt shit is dumb an reminds me of Lb. Idk y theres ppl that come on this site an dont write or nothing, shit so we have this rep thing to make them feel like there part of the site an doin sumthin lmao nerds, ayo did i mention bags is the worth less then the diirt under my shoes? I meann damn that nigga needs to get ryan dunn'd on the way home from the bar that fuckin faggot anthony id rip his spine out an hold it in the air on some predator shit.

Eminem is a horribly wack nowadays. Why do you continue to defend him?

Lmaooo, cuz thats my homie idc what anyone says i still like his cds i thought recovery was dope too an bad meets evil was a ill cd. Pan ur on some shit cuz theres horrible rappers out like bags u see his free on youtube wat a weak corny faggot i mean nigga is a bitch i wish hed fall down the stairs leavin his studio aparrtment wit a bottle in his hand an it impales thru his neck an can never rap agiian that lonley faggot

Any thoughts/shout outs?

Yea everyone drop ur A game & shout out to my homie hush, gow, neigh, philly, knux
Biggg fuck u to bags u motherfuckin loser u deserve every bad thing that happens to u i hope gamble fuckin stabs u to death with one of his syringes an then raps a song to u wwhile u bleed out to death u pathetic faggot.

ROUND 1 VERSE OF THE WEEK
In my opinion. Fuck you, I’m writing this whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32LGlI_pr0

Orc & Hush
&ya gurls a slut.. her clothes be leavn parks all torn
she doesn't jst Blow. she's two quoteable bars from a Don Demarco horn
these two are all talk. two cowards could not be a threat
Right now Watts looking so pussy it got gangbangers in Cali dropping they sets
we the top seeds, leave these herbs in a box done
shit it's ironic this battle is a sure lock & we bout to murder this watson
this elwats faggit is gay and flagrant as hell
he the only dude to see Daylyt rub his balls on Pesci & scream ''say it again!!''
Online ur a waste of bandwidth offline ur just wasting air
This ain't a stepping stone to the 2nd round it's a all expenses paid vacation there
Told Orc don't worry I got it, no1 considers these geeks hard
2 vs 1 is a handicap watch and ironically I'm here battling retards
it's really nothing to me to keep handling Watts
it's ironic how I Hunger for more and will put your whole famine a box
Orc is like Ricky Bobby & Hush is Kenny Powers
we leaving Franco between a rock & a hard place. shits looking like 127 hours
me n ya gurl ruinnnn sheets.. then she like Burd hide
the way she make Stains Disappear that bitch cud bankrupt Detergent worldwide
stop acting like yall fit in, & ya verses ain't the worst to flow
Dog. we both know Francs ain't been accepted since the birth of the Eurozone
pleaaaase stop saying that these maggots its cool
Trust both these faggots getting Marked Out like they absent from School

ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS
I’m like ¾’s of a bottle of Jameson deep at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__5hCMt8s4

ill nik-a & Bags vs. Witty & Genocide

Nik and Bags swept votes as the top seed while Witty and Genocide got in on the no show. Not to take anything away from Witty and Genocide, they did what it took to advance. They’re known primarily as topical or Open Mic writers and with my background I have nothing but love for that, but in my mind even if they drop their best they might come up short. As I said in the Pre-Mag, Geno has bars. He just dropped a semi-site diss in Open Mic and his rhyming is on point and he can drop some decent punches. Witty, to me, is a bit rusty. They’re in the path of the “defending champs”, and nik/bag’s are that for a reason. This could be more entertaining than preconceptions dictate, but I think nik and Bags take it.

NIK/BAGS 80/20

Orc & Hush vs. Patrick & sn00p

Dope battle, second best of the week. Reading through the verses of Round 1, I may have made a mistake in seeding Orc and Hush #3, as they had a legitimate argument for #1 and only solidified it by having my personal verse of the week in the first round. They run into tough competition in Swerve and Sn00p, though. I don’t think S&S dropped to their full potential last week, but they easily secured the win and could be winding into form. They need to be to try and make the upset happen. If every competitor drops to their potential this is up their as the battle of the week. I give the edge to Orc and Hush.

ORC/HUSH 65/35

God of War & Alvin Karpis vs. Diode & Death

One of the only problems of me modding this tourney is I don’t have the extensive knowledge of textcee battling that many people have on this site. Diode and Death got the no show win last week with a no show verse. I hadn’t read any verses from either before the tourney, and now that hasn’t changed. I know both are presences in the discussion forum, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I know GoW and Karpis are dope, top tier battlers. I’ll give Diode and Death the benefit of the doubt and assume they’re above average. They might be better than that, I just don’t know. Either way I’m making the safe bet.

GOW/KARPIS 70/30

The Faculty (Neighbor & Allen Knight) vs. Aero & Dominate

The other great battle of the week. There are a lot of variables to this contest. Do Neighbor and Allen Knight drop to their full potential? Can Aero and Dominate match their level of quality from last Round? If everything works out this is by far the best match of the second round. The residue of so many dope writers signing up. In my mind, if all four show to their best it’s almost impossible to call. I won’t be a lame in the prediction though.

NEIGHBOR/ALLEN KNIGHT 55/45

TOP 5 PUNCHES OF ROUND 1
Idk wtf I'm talking about!

1. Step & be served. No question Aero & Dom'll sever these herbs
‘specially when Karaoke lives up to his name & Drops the Ball on Every Word
-Dominate

2. wondered what phil sees in u, meth. cuz u're not the most handsome of guys
but then i saw ya alias is liquidity? lmao no wonder u're in philly's pants all the time
-Swerve/sn00p

3. One punch will merk smirk, and I’ll do a quick bid
I split lids, shit I’ll hit Lotto and brag about it faster than Vic did
-GoW/Karpis

4. Orc is like Ricky Bobby & Hush is Kenny Powers
we leaving Franco between a rock & a hard place. shits looking like 127 hours
-Orc/Hush

5. Put the gun to his brim, u aint slagin dope son this problem is fix
Nigga that fire shit come in ounces, halfs, 7’s, 3.5’s, dubs, but NEVER in niks
-Destroyer/TheEnd

WTF’S & PARTING MESSAGE
I did it. I really did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrmop7g2cU

WTF @ Me being drunk as fuck and typing this up on the Sunday before labor day when I have College shit to do
WTF @ Priorities
WTF @ NFL Games being four days away
WTF @ Syria. You have too many vowels in your name.
WTF @ Middle Eastern people. Be more American pls.
WTF @ these weak WTF’s.
WTF @ Only two no shows last round
WTF @ Miley Cyrus’s ass
WTF @ Foam fingers
WTF @ Drake on that burger and burger diet
WTF @ Guns
WTF @ My boss not teaching apprentices shit
WTF @ Calling Fargo area contractors for Income Approach information

Good showing last round. This is the nitty gritty now, real matchups. I expect everyone to bring their best bars and switch up the standard ‘I got the first 8 bars, you get the next 8 bars’. Feed off each other, make this shit dope. Good luck to everybody.

Sho Money EMG
09-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Nice work

Dominate
09-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Good mag but Aero dd not drop solo last round. The karaoke nameplay was mine (thanks for the props on it) as well as a couple others. Plz edit accordingly

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Good mag. LMAO & the Allen Knight interview.

ill nik-A
09-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Good job cake well appreciated

God Of War
09-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Lmao the knight interview was dope

Geno
09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Ill mag. Cake the fucking man yo. No b/s. Respect for your consistency.

Neighbor
09-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Gone @ Allen's interview

hahaha That's my nigga

Good work, Cakeboy

Sn00p
09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Cake is doing a real good job so far. Props well deserved.

PancakeBrah
09-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Good mag but Aero dd not drop solo last round. The karaoke nameplay was mine (thanks for the props on it) as well as a couple others. Plz edit accordingly

All apologies, no idea why I thought he did. Mag edited.

Meth
09-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Cool yo.

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Pancake get ur college work done or you'll end up like Ill-Nika on netcees at 40 posting pics of asparagus. Dope mag though and great job w modding.

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 02:52 PM
What's the bracket btw.

ill nik-A
09-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Aero... How's the business doing? U making millions?

Ps: holler when ure good

Ghost1
09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
LOOOL

Shame on u allen.

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Aero... How's the business doing? U making millions?

Ps: holler when ure good

Yes.

Dominate
09-02-2013, 06:59 PM
All apologies, no idea why I thought he did. Mag edited.

Much obliged

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Dom relax. You're oh so "please recognize my great bar!"

Orc
09-02-2013, 07:30 PM
my don demarco was better anyway

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Not quite.

Neighbor
09-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Aero, I'm going to body you into retirement

Not just in text, but in life

StarFaggot
09-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Neigh you might come decent but we're not worried about Allen at all. Maybe if you word his concepts you guys will have something. Til then we're moving to 3rd round.

Hush
09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Good mag

Allen Knight
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Aero dont play urself

Alvin Karpis
09-03-2013, 06:53 PM
good read