PDA

View Full Version : Dust of Our Labor (Topical Tourney) Round 1

Cereal
08-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Host's:
Master Rock
Candy

The Topics - A single image topic will be select per battle that both artist's write to.. you can be as imaginative or as extensive as you want with it, in fact we encourage that you break the topic to pieces..
We are also thinking of bringing animated .gif images into the tourney so be prepared :)

Voting - Voting will be determined by a 5 judge panel for the initial round. Each battle will be assigned 5 judges at random from the pool; all five MUST vote on the battle(s) they have been selected to judge or will be DQ'd in their own battle. Voting will be based on who has the stronger connection to their selected topic, taking into account story, technical ability, etc. If a vote isn't up to par by OUR STANDARDS, meaning if it's clear you didn't actually read the verses and just dropped some fortune cookie statements and voted, one of us will call you out on it and make you edit your vote. You will have 12 hours to edit your vote to satisfaction or you will be DQ'd in your battle. If a no-show for voting occurs, we will step in and fill the void. If two no-shows occur, our vote will count as two, etc.

If anyone outside the selected judge panel drops a vote, it will be discounted from your own vote total. So pay attention to who the judges actually are and don't do it.

Once the tournament progresses into the second round, it will become a 4 judge panel. The semi finals and finals will be voted on by us and two other reliable judges who I can drudge up at the time. They will be announced in advance.

Deadlines Matter - There will be NO EXTENSIONS. Hear that? None. (Lars is masterbating right now...) You WILL make your deadline or you WILL lose. No excuses. we are tired of these automatic 24-hour extensions that render deadlines pointless... Won't happen on my watch. Make your deadline, or you will be DQ'd. Real life issues? Go whine to your baby mama. Don't care. You'll have roughly 4-5 days... That's more than enough time. We're here to write.... so WRITE.

Seeding - was spun on an automatic wheel so there will be no bias or superiority going into this.. fair game peeps

Line Limit - Max. 60 lines Min. 20 lines. You want to go more/less? That can be agreed upon IN THE THREAD at check in. No PM's or shady side deals. If I don't see it, it didn't happen. If you go over, you get DQ'd. If you are under, you get DQ'd. Learn to count.

No Byes - So, as it tends to happen, it's highly probable that one or two people will fuck up to the point where someone will have no one to face in the following round, right? Nope. If there is no opponent, I will be reaching out to a select few who maybe didn't initially join to fill in, hopefully luring them in with the fact that they've already advanced to where they would be needed, thus upping their chances to win it all. If we can't get anyone, one or both will step in myself and have someone reliable choose the topic.

Not much you can do about no-shows, but we can promise someone won't go an entire round without an opponent.

Video Mags will be posted on a weekly basis.
and maybe even
Profiles/Previews & Reviews/Interviews, whatever we can manage.

Battles will be up Tuesday, August 10th and due Saturday, August 14th at 11:59pm EST.

Voting will take place between Sunday, August 15th - Monday, August 16th at 11:59pm EST. (Remember, if you don't vote you will be eliminated; It's not optional)

Universe
08-10-2021, 05:25 AM
First of all, that's not how this works lol. You can't just spam the Battle Arena with topical battles where 80% of the participants either didn't confirm their sign ins or straight up didn't sign in at all. I can vouch for my dude Johnny 6 Feet that he didn't sign up in any shape or form, at any time or anywhere. Either did dead man or ACTIVATE SELF or fraze - I'm thinking you guys took my call out list for people I wanted in and just signed them up... You can't just toss people in there. If it were that easy, I would've done it myself.

You guys have to reach out to Sharp and have a separate forum created for this and start things from scratch. You have to CONFIRM sign ins because of the amount of time that has passed. It's been so long you're going to get a ton of no shows.

And why keep my template for rules & regulations and use the selected judge panel voting system, yet completely forget about it and not post the judges in the threads?

Also, why are the battles in brackets? It's like we are all subsidiary to the Round itself...

Ugh. This is why we can't have nice things.

Cereal
08-10-2021, 06:22 AM
we kept your rules cause they dope..

we removed brackets and automaticly drew names from a wheel.. then would do the same for round 2

the name list we got was our original then master grabbed whatever names were interested in writing at all..

weve used this format before to get modded and transfered over into its own thread, im pretty sure anyways..

as far as no shows we will crunch down the numbers so if ie.. (name vs name) gets no showed and (name vs name) gets no showed match them up.. the first round is usually pretty sloppy anywhoot by round two one of us filling in like your rules will come into play and work..

Cereal
08-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Universe yeh we will prolly replace..

il go look now

UPN Zuch
08-10-2021, 02:37 PM
First of all, that's not how this works lol. You can't just spam the Battle Arena with topical battles where 80% of the participants either didn't confirm their sign ins or straight up didn't sign in at all. I can vouch for my dude Johnny 6 Feet that he didn't sign up in any shape or form, at any time or anywhere. Either did dead man or ACTIVATE SELF or fraze - I'm thinking you guys took my call out list for people I wanted in and just signed them up... You can't just toss people in there. If it were that easy, I would've done it myself.

You guys have to reach out to Sharp and have a separate forum created for this and start things from scratch. You have to CONFIRM sign ins because of the amount of time that has passed. It's been so long you're going to get a ton of no shows.

And why keep my template for rules & regulations and use the selected judge panel voting system, yet completely forget about it and not post the judges in the threads?

Also, why are the battles in brackets? It's like we are all subsidiary to the Round itself...

Ugh. This is why we can't have nice things.

Lmao

sral
08-10-2021, 02:53 PM
I didn’t sign up, I have zero interest taking part, and I’m busied with other projects at the moment.

Replace me with someone that cares to show.

Cereal
08-10-2021, 03:11 PM
cool cool

Pharaohs Army
08-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Cereal

I initially signed up, but then after that I asked to be taken out due to my chance of no-show if I don't connect with the topic.

Please take me out and replace me with someone else. Thanks.

corleone
08-10-2021, 05:51 PM
lol.. Im flattered but no thanks.. I never signed up for this tournament nor do I ever plan on doing so. peace..

ps, remove my name from the tournament bracket please.. thank you. :)

sral
08-10-2021, 06:07 PM
Well this is going spectacularly well.

sral
08-10-2021, 06:08 PM
It could be a tourney first is all participants drop out before the first round even begins

UPN Zuch
08-10-2021, 06:10 PM
Yeah this is definitely a crash and burn.

UPN Zuch
08-10-2021, 06:10 PM
Lmao Corleone like yeah man I’m too good for this

Ghost1
08-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Look, I'm not gonna ask again. Take me off the bracket and remove my name from the roster before things get taken to another level. This subforum is on notice. I never signed up for this tournament. I expect to have my battle set by midnight. Don't fuck w me again.

Cereal
08-10-2021, 10:35 PM
for sure guys.. Ghost1 what name do we have you under

Cereal
08-10-2021, 10:38 PM
checked in:
scar
objective
adverse
master rock
candy

MMLP
08-11-2021, 05:39 AM
I literally never signed up either lol

sral
08-11-2021, 06:10 AM
for sure guys.. Ghost1 what name do we have you under

under his Universe account I think

Cereal
08-11-2021, 06:34 AM

thanks

Smod of War
08-11-2021, 06:34 AM
This is dope

I’m in

Cereal
08-11-2021, 06:35 AM
lol we def got you in as a sub

Smod of War
08-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Alright I can be a dom too if needed

Universe
08-11-2021, 07:05 AM

Ian... stop.

I'm probably the only one here without an alias and proud of it.

Smod of War
08-11-2021, 07:20 AM
Shut up you stoopid nerd

Universe
08-11-2021, 07:24 AM
Shut up you stoopid nerd

Come write 100 lines with me, kiddo. It's okay, take my hand... It will all be over soon.

Smod of War
08-11-2021, 07:27 AM
You’re 12-8

Lol

Universe
08-11-2021, 07:29 AM
You’re 12-8

Lol

16-4 in topicals on this site, if that makes you feel any better...

Smod of War
08-11-2021, 07:31 AM
I’ll pummel you in any category

Universe
08-11-2021, 07:31 AM
AOWL hasn't been updated yet... *cough" Sharp *cough*

Universe
08-11-2021, 07:32 AM
I’ll pummel you in any category

Well let's start with the topical category. Check in and agree to the 100 line minimum and I promise I'll make it quick

Sharp
08-11-2021, 08:02 AM
AOWL hasn't been updated yet... *cough" Sharp *cough*

Soon as I get into the admin panel. Already pmd master rock with what I need

Zelph won't show btw

Universe
08-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Soon as I get into the admin panel. Already pmd master rock with what I need

How good is this guy, huh? Love Sharp.

I'll help out.

League Name: Dust of our Labor (seriously)

Description: At least Universe is here...

Objective
08-11-2021, 09:38 PM
This is chaos for sure and expecting yalls predictions to go through lol

Still dropping something while waiting for something a little bit more thought out to start to show there's interest

Cereal
08-12-2021, 12:15 AM
ok we have our top 8

like originally universe was saying just make a small tourney of such well with all the sign ins we got it..

so we are giving each match a new week..
you dont need to check in
you 5 days to write 2 to vote
and the line limit has been extended to 100
you will have a choice between the topic you will still write to your topic..

thanks for showing interest and gl

Cereal
08-12-2021, 12:28 AM
now all we need is Sharp to clean the mess we made up lol
and hopefully make us a tourney thread since we got even amounts to have a three round tourney..

lots of love and luck yall

Master Rock
08-12-2021, 02:19 AM
Candy, I love that you're doing your thing...We'll talk soon.

Cereal
08-12-2021, 03:37 AM
thanks bra same

MMLP
08-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Errr when did I sign in??? LOL

ffs Ill try n get summat down

im on holiday from Saturday fellas

posted timeless

Sharp
08-12-2021, 07:31 AM
I don't understand

You guys just want to be mods in the BA? Is that what you're asking me?

Cereal
08-12-2021, 07:53 AM
I don't understand

You guys just want to be mods in the BA? Is that what you're asking me?

yeh just for the tourney thread not the ba itself - just our own thing like awol

Sharp
08-12-2021, 08:14 AM
yeh just for the tourney thread not the ba itself - just our own thing like awol

That's not a thing... You can't be a mod in specific threads as opposed to a forum. I can give you:

Mod powers in the BA

Or

Mod powers in your own forum (can even be a BA subforum) - for that, I need a response to the pm that I sent master rock

Cereal
08-12-2021, 08:18 AM
we are after Mod powers in your own forum (can even be a BA subforum) Sharp

cool il wait til master rock responds cause his the boss

Sharp
08-12-2021, 08:30 AM
we are after Mod powers in your own forum (can even be a BA subforum) Sharp

cool il wait til master rock responds cause his the boss

Then he needs to answer the question in my last pm

Master Rock

Forum name and description

Is it a BA subforum or should it appear under leagues and tourneys

Do you want any subforums

Cereal
08-12-2021, 08:49 AM

under leagues and tourneys
and we dont need sub forum if you can clean up the mess we made in the ba..

Sharp
08-12-2021, 09:02 AM
under leagues and tourneys
and we dont need sub forum if you can clean up the mess we made in the ba..

I can move your BA threads over once I make your forum.

What do you want your forum name and description to be?

Cereal
08-12-2021, 09:45 AM
I can move your BA threads over once I make your forum.

What do you want your forum name and description to be?

cool thanks - Dust of our Labor (Topical Tournament)

Sharp
08-12-2021, 10:10 AM
cool thanks - Dust of our Labor (Topical Tournament)

You want the forum description to be 'Topical Tournament'?

Cereal
08-12-2021, 10:33 AM
You want the forum description to be 'Topical Tournament'?

yeh

its just a three round tourny

Master Rock
08-12-2021, 11:22 AM

Master Rock

Thanks Sharp, I pm'd you last night. But if you didn't see it yet, but I am in agreement with Candy.

Sharp
08-12-2021, 02:00 PM
yeh

its just a three round tourny

Got you tonight

Thanks Sharp, I pm'd you last night. But if you didn't see it yet, but I am in agreement with Candy.

All I got was

Thank you Sharp, I really appreciate you.

Cereal
08-12-2021, 02:14 PM
sweet

Sharp
08-12-2021, 07:14 PM
Master Rock Cereal Scar MMLP Objective timeless Universe Adverse note that your threads are now here, no longer in the BA

Sharp
08-12-2021, 07:28 PM
oops, made 2 identical forums by accident. If anyone was trying to check their threads for the last 10 minutes, sorry if was fucked up. Should be working good now. lemme know if you need anything else.

Incredible
08-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Good work sharp. Good work cereal and master rock too. Wheres the mag?

Master Rock
08-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Got to edit it because we discussed way too many heads that dropped out but I guess I can drop it unedited but I think it would be too long.

Sharp
08-14-2021, 09:46 AM

Sup boss

Appreciate the positivity, how you been?

Master Rock
08-15-2021, 12:52 AM
Editing the Mag as we speak!

Objective
08-15-2021, 11:42 PM
Good stuff, appreciate the work y'all put into this

Cereal
08-16-2021, 05:48 AM
we got fill ins..
time is up for verses

but hence the co-host that said ahem my man master rock about no extensions
im giving everyone a day extension.. if master rock agrees

and in addition to be fair on the four that showed up on time.. when votes come through if you end in a tie by the time of votes ending your battle will be still in relation to tardyness - the winner will be decided on who got the first vote..

remember only if mr agrees.. and yes yall peeps have a say to..

a couple of hours before i close battles

brokenhal0
08-16-2021, 05:55 AM
im in

Smod of War
08-16-2021, 06:08 AM
Put me in coach

Cereal
08-16-2021, 06:10 AM
Universe Master Rock Scar Adverse

the first three to post up or have the extension will have either brokenhal0 or activate self or smod of war as an opponent..

if all four show up in either the verse or ext then we will have a special match for brokenhal0 vs ACTIVATE SELF vs Smod of War

Cereal
08-16-2021, 06:12 AM
the clock is ticking

https://media0.giphy.com/media/OBnwDJW77acLK/200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdl2kvu5iau54m4a3en3p088rzzut5 g7z94n9iiw3&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Smod of War
08-16-2021, 06:24 AM
Respect

Master Rock
08-16-2021, 08:18 AM
the clock is ticking

https://media0.giphy.com/media/OBnwDJW77acLK/200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdl2kvu5iau54m4a3en3p088rzzut5 g7z94n9iiw3&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
Working on it as we speak.

Cereal
08-16-2021, 08:52 AM
Working on it as we speak.

respect

Cereal
08-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Scar and Adverse

if you got your verse hit me up

Cereal
08-16-2021, 01:13 PM
respect to Universe thats a dope amount of lines killer

Objective
08-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Candy vs Objective open for votes. Delete the clutter from smod of war in there as well to keep it clean

Cereal
08-16-2021, 02:25 PM
k still respect to smod though

Cereal
08-16-2021, 02:27 PM
il prolly be dropping my votes later tomo then prolly close them a day or so after i think thats enough time for everyone to get in

Cereal
08-16-2021, 02:29 PM
Smod of War your sexualized doll line was dope xoxo

Objective
08-16-2021, 03:29 PM
k still respect to smod though

He knows what I think about him, and it's well known posting in battles before an opponent has dropped theirs is a bitch move for something that can be done in here, rep or pm.

Cereal
08-16-2021, 03:43 PM
i think his pretty so ima stay out of it like wise you

timeless
08-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Dropped

Cereal
08-16-2021, 04:32 PM
dope

Objective
08-16-2021, 04:58 PM
i think his pretty so ima stay out of it like wise you

That's more than fair. Dude can write and I don't want anyone to think less of him. This is hiw it always have been around here and it's up to me whether I'm cool with that or not

Just want him and others to know I don't like angle shots like these cus he knows what he's doing even if he won't admit to it. Was it a good drop? No doubt, that's not what it's about cus I agree with the statement.
But ye, a couple more angle shots to see how I'll react from people I have a fallout with (I have no probs with brutal honesty and banter, let that be clear) outside of disc and I'm out. I do not accept a vote from him in the match btw even though I already know/think you'll take the w this round cus that was fire

Will drop by Discord when I'm back home but that's it. Already taken my leave from disc

Cereal
08-16-2021, 05:20 PM
That's more than fair. Dude can write and I don't want anyone to think less of him. This is hiw it always have been around here and it's up to me whether I'm cool with that or not

Just want him and others to know I don't like angle shots like these cus he knows what he's doing even if he won't admit to it. Was it a good drop? No doubt, that's not what it's about cus I agree with the statement.
But ye, a couple more angle shots to see how I'll react from people I have a fallout with (I have no probs with brutal honesty and banter, let that be clear) outside of disc and I'm out. I do not accept a vote from him in the match btw even though I already know/think you'll take the w this round cus that was fire

Will drop by Discord when I'm back home but that's it. Already taken my leave from disc
yeh his verse is pretty dope

Objective
08-16-2021, 06:09 PM
Definitely

ACTIVATE SELF
08-17-2021, 12:53 AM
Cereal Master Rock

For some reason I was under the impression I had a full 24hrs to write. I was clearly mistaken. In any case, I posted the verse I wrote for my original DOL battle before it was deleted. Not sure if you guys want to count or DQ it. It’s up to you. I just figured it be better than another no show battle.

Master Rock
08-17-2021, 12:57 AM
Cereal Master Rock

For some reason I was under the impression I had a full 24hrs to write. I was clearly mistaken. In any case, I posted the verse I wrote for my original DOL battle before it was deleted. Not sure if you guys want to count or DQ it. It’s up to you. I just figured it be better than another no show battle.
Props on dropping!!! Since I am your opponent, I will let Candy determine how to go about this.

Smod of War
08-17-2021, 01:04 AM
Smod of War your sexualized doll line was dope xoxo

respect

Pharaohs Army
08-18-2021, 07:01 PM
I'll try to vote on some today or tomorrow.

Should put OPEN FOR VOTES so people know they are open for votes.

Master Rock
08-18-2021, 08:57 PM
Should put OPEN FOR VOTES so people know they are open for votes.
Good looking out bro!