PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Rules and Guidelines

Mike Wrecka
09-17-2013, 10:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png

Rules and Guidelines

Moderators - Mike Wrecka and Certain. Contact us with questions or requests.

Match ups - Match ups and topics will be posted every Monday and will be due every Thursday at 23:59 PDT. 24 hr extensions are available upon request. The voting deadline will be Sunday 23:59. All battles will be closed at that point with the exception of battles that are tied or battles that have not recieved at least three votes. If a battle is tied after the voting deadline it will remain open until the very next vote is received. At that point the winner will be declared.

Week 1 match ups will be determined by a random generator. All the following weeks, I will match up participants based on their record. Writers with matching records will be put up against each other as much as possible.

At Week 5 there will be a title match pitting the two competitors with the best record against each other. The winner will become the Title Holder and will have to defend this title each week. This league is unique in that the Title Holder will have an advantage over any of the contenders he is battling. Three different topics, that relate to the theme of the week will be presented to the Title Holder through PMs. He will have a few hours to choose which topic will be used in his battle. If he does not respond a topic will be selected for him.

Voting - Voting and feed back are a integral part of any league. With this in mind we are going to have mandatory voting with a very stiff penalty for participants that fail to meet the voting requirement. Each participant is required to vote on 3 battles each week. These votes must be made by Sunday 23:59 PDT. The penalty for not voting on at least three battles is an automatic loss. If you lose your battle by votes and do not meet the voting requirement a one week suspension from the league will be handed out. These guidelines and going to be strictly enforced by me and the mod team from Week 1 all the way through the Championship.

Knockout rule - Battles will be closed if voting reaches 8-0 at any point or 5-0 on a Sunday unless there are not at least four other battles open.

Playoffs - After Week 10 we will have a playoff to crown a champion. The top four competitors with the best record will be given a first round bye. These four writers will be known as the Core Four and will be placed across each other in the brackets. They will be given the advantage of selecting between two different topics through PMs for each of their match ups in the playoffs. This is similar to a sports model (ie home field advantage). If two members of the Core Four face each other that advantage is nullified and void. This advantage will not apply to the Championship Match under any circumstance whatsoever. A greater emphasis on the regular season is the goal of this set up. So getting one of those top four spots is something we should all strive for.

Topics and Themes - This is a traditional topical league and it will have pictures, quotes and various other themes as a writing stimulus. As I am competing myself I will try and put the theme of the topics out as early as possible. Below you will find the theme schedule. I will choose someone to select my topic for my battle each week.

Week 1 - Picture
Week 2 - Quote
Week 3 - TBD
Week 4 - Picture
Week 5 - TBD
etc etc

There will be a weekly mag. Enjoy