View Full Version : RD1: Patrick aka Swerve vs. Frank Metts - {Swerve wins}

Strikta
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
The Long Anticipated...
NChttp://oi42.tinypic.com/20788kn.jpg
II

Round 1

Rules:

10 lines minimum/16 maximum (If u & ur oppenent agree to more that's fine)
No swaying
No biting
No recycling
No other dumb shit that will get u DQd

Voting on 6 battles is mandatory, or u will be docked 2 for every one u miss. Links MUST be posted in the voting links thread at the top of the forum.

Any other questions or concerns PM myself or Sn00p.

Patrick Frank Metts

Frank Metts
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Whens it due? How Many you want to go ?

Swerve
09-27-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm thinking 14 good buddy.

Strikta
09-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Verses due Thursday, October 3rd @ 11:59 pm CST

Frank Metts
09-27-2013, 08:44 AM
14 shouldn't be an issue ... GL

Frank Metts
10-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Still in hospital may need an extension ... ill try to drop tonight

Swerve
10-03-2013, 11:07 PM
No problem bud, you know you got it if you need it.

Frank Metts
10-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Pat tryna start a Revolutionary War, I'm shooting at u more. Bitch can't harm me
u want'ta be Revere'd for ur skill but that red coat covering ur body is more British army
The shit is alarming.. No SpongeBob or Starfish plays. Dumb'n down isn't fair
But if this faggot sinks low enough to mention my Daughter... he won't be comming up for air
Think I'm young enough to care? Im at'ya clubhouse with the snub out, battling this wack clown now?
I won't just peel yah cap back.. I leave u look'n like Mickey Mouse standing in front of a black background
my shits better then crack, bow down. Take that or Break Bad, here's ur altered future
When I'm finished we will both be in cuffs for life... but you'll be walking like Walter Jr.
U shouldve fallen sooner. Ur puniness is flowing aint no Gonnies were ur going. Get to know the ground son.
I'm not here wishing well .. but ill take u for what your worth grab you with two fingers and throw you down one
ur rank? don't care bitch. Seen'yah pic, all guys engaging in mild embracing? Plenty modest
Couldn't find a Lady Volunteer?... guess when Pat Summits the courage there'll be another empty closet
Don't deny, stop it .. u covered in brown to yah balls u down for the cause... waiting for that one from gay cupid
U can Dance around the truth... but dont forget ur fish net shirt, swing'n ur glow sticks to that drum & bass music

Swerve
10-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Ha, thought we were gonna get the extension....I keyed too.

Can’t take none of Swerve’s fans, they’re here for the benefit of rhymes,
So the only way they’ll convert to Francs is switching to Swiss currency in tough economic times.
Plus you and Joey ain’t tough, I’ll start to rain slugs down on you suckers,
You’re brothers in arms…but only cause you fags would rather hug it out than battle each other.
Your voice is half retarded too, it brings up plenty of concepts,
Cause the only time FM sound got girls calling in is during on air radio contests.
I’m Chuck Norris with the leg game, to start I’ll severe your wig,
Try to fuck with the kid and I’ll send nasty kicks to your chest like Ill nik-A’s sig.
You're too broke to support your little girl, its really depressin,
Take stock of the situation...and realize an education for her is something you couldn't invest in.
Shots to your chest, end all the wack shit that you aspiring,
Make you cough up a lung that even Strikta wouldn't be interested in acquiring.
I got swag on all decks, fact is I'm swimming with decadence,
Look at me wrong and I'll turn your hospital visit into a tenured permanent residence.

Sho Money EMG
10-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Pat tryna start a Revolutionary War, I'm shooting at u more. Bitch can't harm me
u want'ta be Revere'd for ur skill but that red coat covering ur body is more British army
decent opener
But if this faggot sinks low enough to mention my Daughter... he won't be comming up for air
feeling this, this was hot
Think I'm young enough to care? Im at'ya clubhouse with the snub out, battling this wack clown now?
I won't just peel yah cap back.. I leave u look'n like Mickey Mouse standing in front of a black background
lol okay
my shits better then crack, bow down. Take that or Break Bad, here's ur altered future
When I'm finished we will both be in cuffs for life... but you'll be walking like Walter Jr.
Nice, cool reference
U shouldve fallen sooner. Ur puniness is flowing aint no Gonnies were ur going. Get to know the ground son.
I'm not here wishing well .. but ill take u for what your worth grab you with two fingers and throw you down one
Dopee
ur rank? don't care bitch. Seen'yah pic, all guys engaging in mild embracing? Plenty modest
Couldn't find a Lady Volunteer?... guess when Pat Summits the courage there'll be another empty closet
haha nice
Don't deny, stop it .. u covered in brown to yah balls u down for the cause... waiting for that one from gay cupid
U can Dance around the truth... but dont forget ur fish net shirt, swing'n ur glow sticks to that drum & bass music
nice closer
-----------------
So the only way they’ll convert to Francs is switching to Swiss currency in tough economic times.
okay opener
You’re brothers in arms…but only cause you fags would rather hug it out than battle each other.
this was aight couldve been worded better
Cause the only time FM sound got girls calling in is during on air radio contests.
usually I don't reccoment initial bars nut this was dope as fuck
Try to fuck with the kid and I’ll send nasty kicks to your chest like Ill nik-A’s sig.
okay
Take stock of the situation...and realize an education for her is something you couldn't invest in.
this was hot
not feeling
Look at me wrong and I'll turn your hospital visit into a tenured permanent residence.
good closer

Overall this battle was a pretty good read, both were type consistent although I feel Swerve lacked in a few of his bars. Frank had a stronger verse, but this was def close as hell. Respect to both emcees.

Mvgt - frank metts

Sintro
10-05-2013, 06:14 PM
This was pretty fresh. I liked franks opener n second couplet. Mickey Mouse background was gangster. Didn't like the throw u down a well line n the Walt jr seamed like u rushed or gave up on tryna word it. The rest was kinda basic.
Swerve surprised me. A lot of nice connects. Brothers in arms was lotb n the only thing that wasn't up to par was take stock; shits played. Closer wasn't bad just wasn't real dope. I got swerve here. I think his shit was worded better n more witty.

ill nik-A
10-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Dope battle guys, so ima break this bitch

Frank

--opener was ok, up for air was fire, Mickey Mouse was creative n nice, didn't like Walter

--no likey well, pat summit was cool, ender was cool too

--opener was eh but that brothers line was sick, fm was a bit stretched? I don't do sig lines sorry

-stock was ok, cough up a lung was dope, hospital was eh

Good shit guys
I'm rolling with frank on consistency though both haymakers for both were nasty

Alvin Karpis
10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Cool battle, i see franks still a lil rusty but had some slick punches, mickey mouse and pat summit were fire, never seen that nameplay.
Swerve had the brothers in arms and stock, both hit hard, few misses but consistent verses from both, honestly this was close to call, felt like frank might have had the more memorable lines, gotta give to to him

v/frank metts

Beyond
10-06-2013, 10:00 PM

vs

Good battle. Frank opener was cool. I see what he did there. Revere'd slightly forced, but I let slide. Daughter was cool, too. I see what you did with that set-up. Nice. Mickey Mouse is a cool visual. Line a bit long, though. Walter Jr. was fucking ether. Jesus. Wishing Well was cool concept. Line ran a bit long again. Pat Summits is forced to me and obscure. Closer was okay. Your lines are long as fuck. Swerve's convert to Francs opener was dope. Haven't seen used before. Good connection. Brothers in Arms was pretty good, too. Relevant and hard-hitting. FM sound was good as well. Might have been done before, but never seen it. Good flip either way. I really don't like sig/avy plays, but if there was one that got a pass it'd be kicks to your chest. That's just a strong connection. Well played. Stock/invest not the freshest ever, but not horrible either. Cough up a lung was alright. Could of used a little more. Closer was a decent jab as well. Overall, this battle was close as fuck. I have Frank with the LOTB in that Walter Jr. line. Hate that disloyal lying rat faggot. But I was feeling Swerve's unquotes a bit more than Frank's and I liked his other standouts better as well. Another thing was Frank's lines were really long. I thought it was funny since he said somewhere that Joe's lines are much longer than his when someone said they had similar styles. Frank's are clearly a lot longer. Could also attribute that to posting from his phone, though. Idk. Could go either way based on preference, but I thought Swerve pulled it out. Props to both.

/v swerve

Arch.
10-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Frank... didn't like the closer, wishing well and Walter Jr., probably cuz I've never seen breaking bad. Swerve, I wasnt feeling the FM and your last 2. Great battle tbh... I think I'll go with Metts on this one... but it's close enough that I could feel differently later

vote Metts

Arch.
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Frank... didn't like the closer, wishing well and Walter Jr., probably cuz I've never seen breaking bad. Swerve, I wasnt feeling the FM and your last 2. Great battle tbh... I think I'll go with Metts on this one... but it's close enough that I could feel differently later

vote Metts

Sn00p
10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
^solid opener
^okay, not bad
^decent
^lol aite
^liked it, wording's not too hot tho
^not bad
^hmm. connection's kinda loose and the wording's a little stretched

vs.

^solid open
^haha good
^seen some fm/radio lines used on him, used one myself, but the flip was good
^not bad
^hmm, dece
^aite, decent current events play
^decent

frank had some cool concepts, but the wording was a little messy at times. that hindered the impact of his lines, imo. swerve started strong but fell off a little. still, he was never worse than decent. overall, i think frank's rust showed a little here, becuz while his concepts were nice, the execution wasn't on par. and that's the deciding factor here i think. so yea, this was a nice battle. props to both forreal. i got swerve.
v/swerve

Allen Knight
10-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Vs

You’re brothers in arms…but only cause you fags would rather hug it out than battle each other
Make you cough up a lung that even Strikta wouldn't be interested in acquiring
Look at me wrong and I'll turn your hospital visit into a tenured permanent residence

V/swerve spinal cord faggot, this was a nice battle frank had some dope shit but wordin
Was off on some that could been haymakers u can tell he still rusty swerve was a lil more consitent like thw brothers in arms line lmao nice, close battle props yahll.

Strikta
10-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Tied 4-4.

PLZ MORE VOTES! LOL

Cashius
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Wishing well, Pat Summits

Vs.

Francs, brothers in arms

Tied in quotes but I thought Swerve was more consistent. Almost quoted kicks to chest. It's close, but I got Swerve here.

Strikta
10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
5-4

Tryna see someone win by 2.

Couple more votes plz.

Ghost1
10-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Prolly played but i aint seen it. Dope.

Wooooo!

Ehhh not as good as the first 2

Lmao. Not really complex but still made me smirk

Way too stretched here. The concept itself was ok....but too longwinded here

Not fellin this too much

Not bad

Ha, thought we were gonna get the extension....I keyed too.

Well dont u look like a stupid fuck?

Okok

This landed. Not crazy hard but it connected.

I hate initial nameflips....urs was ok for what it was i guess

Not feelin

Ehhh...take stock/invest isbplayed an ur flip wasnt great

LOOOL. Fire.

Yea u def keyed. Smh.

On one hand franks bars were stretched as fuck.....he atleast had inner rhyme schemes an multis to string them together but wasted alot of words imo. With that in his davor his.concepts were def more complex.....swerve had a few bangers but nothin really hit hard cdpt that strikta line.....od say frank prolly had 3 quotes to swerves 1 if im bein really strict.

V frank

Sharp
10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
(Pat tryna start a Revolutionary War, I'm shooting at u more. Bitch can't harm me
u want'ta be Revere'd for ur skill but that red coat covering ur body is more British army)

v

(Your voice is half retarded too, it brings up plenty of concepts,
Cause the only time FM sound got girls calling in is during on air radio contests.)
(Shots to your chest, end all the wack shit that you aspiring,
Make you cough up a lung that even Strikta wouldn't be interested in acquiring.)

mad close, can see this going either way but what did it for me was swerve had cleaner wording. Franks wishing well stood out as a line that coulda hit harder but was just a lil too stretched for my tastes. edged it to swerve on pretty much that alone. dope stuff but

v/swerve

Strikta
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
6-5, Swerve.

1 or 2 more votes plz ppl.

KwaL!ty
10-08-2013, 03:59 PM

Dope ass verse bro.. a little stretchy on the on the structure but the internal rhymes made it work..

vs

Holy shit Swerve, you took this battle every bar in my eyes was sharp and connecting..

Vote- Swerve,

Strikta
10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Swerve wins, 7-5.