PDA

View Full Version : do u remember ur dreams?

NYCSPITZ
09-27-2013, 12:30 PM
had this odd dream...

An owl flew away from me, and as it flew away from me it I got this eerie feeling. I was walking on this vast plain with mountains on the horizon and it was nightime, I could see stars above me. Suddenly, the owl about faces and just bum rushed the fucking shit out of me. I was bugging out because it was growing bigger and bigger and I woke up when it was right in front of me, HUMONGOUS like bigger than a hippo and I think it looked somewhat like the tootsie roll owl. I feel dreams are a bridge to our innermost desires and this that this owl means that I need to start eating less candy. Anybody else have insight into their dreams?

veritas
09-27-2013, 12:33 PM
.. .......

Inno
09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Is it weird if I dont?

Every now and then I remembered stuff but for the most part
I cant remember shit.

Dope dream tho lol

...the Nagger
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
lol B thread

Fart
09-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Sometimes I remember, but not everything. Dreams seem to last like 24 hrs to me

StarFaggot
09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
If you drink apple juice before you go to bed you will have vivid dreams.

Fart
09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
If you drink apple juice before you go to bed you will have vivid dreams.
Also Mushrooms.

Nigma
09-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Everyone has the capability to remember their dreams, some do it naturally however others must master the talent of dream recall. There are supplements to enhance the vividness of dreams (choline bitartrate, several variations of vitamin B, ect.) that are a tremendous help however you must still train your brain to consider your dreams the moment you wake up. Even waiting 10 seconds can cause you to lose much of the memory but the more you practice the better you get. Also, waking up naturally on your own as opposed to alarm clocks will provide better dream recall. If you must use an alarm clock and have a smart phone, have it emit a message 'dream recall' or something to trigger an automatic response. The majority of people say that utilizing a 'dream journal' is the most significant way to remember and explore your dreams and is also very helpful if you are interesting in becoming lucid in your dreams. Over the last few years I have become very observant of what my resting mind finds relevant and it's broadened my horizons

Kaeo Seru
09-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I remember them when I make an actual effort to do so. Like I have to write it down or tell some one immediately after.

Fart
09-27-2013, 12:49 PM
I been thinking about a dream journal tbh. But I know i'd be to lazy to write all that shit out as soon as I wake up lol

Rawn MD
09-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Dream journal works

But now that im lazy I only rmbr sht that freaks me out or is cool or fucked up

But typically I dont rmbr sht these days

Kaeo Seru
09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
naw you dont write down everything. just the main details. once you get the main points its easier to remember the smaller details. but then again I enjoy writing so waking up to write is nothing for me.

I had a dream once about math problem on a take home exam my freshman year in college. woke up wrote it down and it came out correct. crazy shit is i spent like 2 hrs tryna figure that shit out b4 i said fuck it smoked a blunt and went to sleep.

Nigma
09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I've only able to maintain a dream journal for a few months at a time. It's a tough habit to adapt and even more difficult to do consistantly but it helps you learn plenty about yourself and is a great source of writing material

veritas
09-27-2013, 01:35 PM
GRAND THEFT AUTO HAS HAD A DIRECT IMPACT ON MY DREAMS LATELY. I HAVE ALSO MURDERED VICTOR AND GOT AN ERECTION.

Nigma
09-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Veritas thats a perfect initiation of lucid dreams. Every time you think about gta while awake, check if your dreaming. This will carry over into your dreams!

Urban Dialect
09-27-2013, 03:43 PM
i will apply what i know about scripture to your dream

the hidden meaning of mountains in scripture is the high offices and position of authority that's over people/ the high and might of society

the owl in scripture in an unclean animal that is not to be eaten, the hidden meaning of the owl in scripture is a type of people and their doctrine/and ways/ u are not to eat it

it's going to look like candy and sound sweet

the owl flew away form u at first, so it came from the people/you and went to the mountains
and then turned around and came back to the you/the people, bigger and more terrifying than before to devour, still sounding sweet to you

Dope girl
09-27-2013, 04:00 PM
nope.....

Neighbor
09-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Almost all of my dreams are lucid

namix
09-27-2013, 04:28 PM
naw you dont write down everything. just the main details. once you get the main points its easier to remember the smaller details. but then again I enjoy writing so waking up to write is nothing for me.

I had a dream once about math problem on a take home exam my freshman year in college. woke up wrote it down and it came out correct. crazy shit is i spent like 2 hrs tryna figure that shit out b4 i said fuck it smoked a blunt and went to sleep.

exactly --- and that IS how we learn after all. Remembering a dream is no different from remembering how to remember, except the walls between what we know while awake and what we know while asleep are ever-so slightly more thick.

Dream journals are clutch, and Nigma, a few months is a real strong effort dude... I havent been able to keep one for more than a week, then have like 'powerful dreams' once/week and know i need to write them down --- but as i do it more, i remember easier, so i do it less -- and remembering becomes hard. :)... if you did it for a few months, im sure you know exactly what i mean!

the most aware of us are the most at risk of forgetting the importance of remembering.

uh-oh
09-27-2013, 04:34 PM
the only thing i don't like about weed is it kills my dreams

i just sleep like a dead man and wake up with blackness

when i've taken breaks from smoking tho i get the most vivid realistic dreams ever and if i write them/type them out immediately after waking up i can recall most of it

Nigma
09-27-2013, 07:13 PM
namix when I say a few months I mean of being in that mindset, not to say I meticulously wrote in it every day. Over that time I'd estimate 15-20 entries, some of them being simply point form memory triggers, other times multi-page in depth descriptions. But yes I know what you mean, I wish it was easier. When I need motivation I sometimes go to the lucid dream page on reddit and read some user anecdotes.

Nigma
09-27-2013, 07:17 PM
the only thing i don't like about weed is it kills my dreams

i just sleep like a dead man and wake up with blackness

when i've taken breaks from smoking tho i get the most vivid realistic dreams ever and if i write them/type them out immediately after waking up i can recall most of it

Aside from lowering my tolerance and saving money, I take a break from weed after every bag I smoke to clear my head and allow my dream recall to come back to me.

side note for those body builders who take suppliments, those are also jam packed with chemicals that increase vivid dreams.

Malachi
09-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Had a dream I was a dope boy a few days ago

Rawn MD
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Yo dg slayed me lol..

Fuck, but imo everyone is correct

I usta write sht down like , could not remember if I couldnt

But weed def fux w dream recall but uh-oh is money on vividness of trees or other drugs for tjat matter.

namix
09-27-2013, 08:16 PM
namix when I say a few months I mean of being in that mindset, not to say I meticulously wrote in it every day. Over that time I'd estimate 15-20 entries, some of them being simply point form memory triggers, other times multi-page in depth descriptions. But yes I know what you mean, I wish it was easier. When I need motivation I sometimes go to the lucid dream page on reddit and read some user anecdotes.

no doubt bro -- that's a strong showing... you are doing more than most in that regard is all I meant.... and if you know what I mean, it means we are both right :D