PDA

View Full Version : BA Pic Title Match: ill nik-A vs. Vulgar - NIK WINS

Sharp
10-07-2013, 12:15 AM
BA Pic Title Match
ill nik-A vs. Vulgar

Line Limit: If nothing is agreed upon, 14-20 lines.

Due Date: if nothing is agreed upon, verses will be due MONDAY, October 21st. Check in with a pic fairly soon as a courtesy to your opponent. extensions are acceptable

Feel free to change up what I have as long as you both agree. You know the general rules. Make it dope guys.

ill nik-A
Vulgar

Vulgar
10-07-2013, 12:17 AM
20, ma boy

Vulgar
10-07-2013, 12:21 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/r90/1377569_685540711476417_1278733586_n.jpg

ill nik-A
10-07-2013, 07:00 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/Asanchez305/6B49D80A-B3D2-431B-9075-A86B68D92CC7-338-0000004E05E44F89_zpse4e31540.jpg

Welcome!

Vulgar
10-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks for waiting. I went 14 bars. ill nik-A

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/Asanchez305/6B49D80A-B3D2-431B-9075-A86B68D92CC7-338-0000004E05E44F89_zpse4e31540.jpg

You not stocky, bro. you look like a sloppy chode
like Ben Stein's clone had too many Ben&Jerry's rocky road
won't look a man in the eye when the sawed off's twitchin
I'll take that target off ur wall & attach it to ya lard ass back using the electrical force from the Chihuahua's vision
If you think this chump is the best you'll get a slug in the chest, Carlton
cuz last fight club you were in... Ed Norton was huggin your chest, Paulson
You're a pink slip ringmaster circus elephant lookin queer type
Puffin your chest out so much on the site, it actually translated to real life
Are you latin or Asiatic? either way you just an ancient faggot
it's only right you have anger management problems, cuz u look like Adam Sandler with Madea's facial fatness
Grade my passion. Mister, you're a novice to rhymin'
Binocular spyin', you made that jersey out of a strait jacket you stole from Elion Gonzales Asylum
I been through hard winters.. you're far from all that, Skinner
Spent more years as a relic of text than that dog has whiskers
Liftin' weights? Doubtful, only thing that's burstin' out is ya pimples
with that chicken neck, Masaii only taught you how to workout those nipples?!
Miami promenade dollar fades, somebody must be buyin you lines
Nik's a Jordans fan who Nike checks on his refrigerator's contents ninety times in a night
Can't picture this guy on the grind. Dawg, i'll find & merk you
Florida's a rat race............ fuck outta here you giant gerbil
Haven't been getting any worthwhile mention from rappin so far?
I hope the full moons in your dog's eyes collide, then eclipse how much of an asshole u are.
I hope u won't no show me like the others did. This win is tailormade.
I Scarfaces of so called legends.. and luckily, u look like Al Pacino if he was made of clay
plz take a break, fade away, cuz u seem lazy and rich
This pic is kinda reminiscent of how Aero wrung your neck and made u his bitch
The title's mine, Lorenzo. Come bear the images of violence.
since you're old enough to be my father it's only right we get to witness ur retirement

ill nik-A
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/r90/1377569_685540711476417_1278733586_n.jpg

u tryin to grab the center of attention while u keep planning away
If u have Giant expectations its cuz she could be hikin the ball to Eli Manning someday
It’s damning to say, ur daughter raises concern for at least her health
that’s not Baby fat… that’s enough to make all of Cash Money obese as hell
Swallow ur pride & admit u hopped over the fence for a cheap whore to score
cuz God must’ve purchased ur adam’s apple on special at the same corner store
u were born to war, not to make babies so say a prayer & try again
she’s not Cross eyed… it was more of a vision how Passion of the Christ would end
u cry to friends, how beating me’s impossible & son it’s burnin ya
it’d be nuts if I lost… but it’s more realistic to rock ur baby to sleep & suffer from a hernia
I’ma take u to school cuz its funny the way u damn nerds dress fam
if u’re not ready to take over my position then that makes ur red shirt fresh, man
don’t act like u don’t care about ur battles & OM’s like its misread
u put so much effort into ur verses looks like ur brains trying to pop out the side of ur head
I aint got no worries cuz my tip is large & I do mean son its big
Most bitches slobber over size… just didn’t think Calvin Klein’s billboard would become a bib
Its done my nig, I’m sonning u home, I think u’re as dumb as u’ve shown
I’m not buying ya cheap laughs when Soul Khan’s brother styles his Yakama on the front of his dome
Son watch ur tone, cuz I’m a street fighter & I bash geeks cuz I’m with it
Fuck an overlap… Looks like little E. Honda would not fit in the backseat of a Civic
Son ur type, Age is just a number now seriously am I wrong or right?
Its clear I’m older… but I’m here watching ur ear hairs literally come to light
Go get a gun & fight. u’re an Aesop fan & dude its clear the proof is here
If u deciphered this pic it’d be soldier went to Malaysia & brought back a souvenir
Wackest shit u choose to hear, & ur lines are sorta or just poorer
u deep into that backpacker shit… & couldn’t pass up taking a pic with Dora the explorer
I’m stating I’m great & evil as hell while this good boy should be praying escape
What are u capable of? when even the devil on ur shoulder has trouble staying awake

BWHAHA
10-21-2013, 02:01 PM
"won't look a man in the eye when the sawed off's twitchin
I'll take that target off ur wall & attach it to ya lard ass back using the electrical force from the Chihuahua's vision"

"it's only right you have anger management problems, cuz u look like Adam Sandler with Madea's facial fatness"

- Vulgar

"Son watch ur tone, cuz I’m a street fighter & I bash geeks cuz I’m with it
Fuck an overlap… Looks like little E. Honda would not fit in the backseat of a Civic"

"If u deciphered this pic it’d be soldier went to Malaysia & brought back a souvenir"

- Ill nik-a

highlightz for me. was very funny at some points, and others were just ok. i vote later

KwaL!ty
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
it's only right you have anger management problems, cuz u look like Adam Sandler with Madea's facial fatness
Liftin' weights? Doubtful, only thing that's burstin' out is ya pimples
with that chicken neck, Masaii only taught you how to workout those nipples?!
Nik's a Jordans fan who Nike checks on his refrigerator's contents ninety times in a night

vs

u tryin to grab the center of attention while u keep planning away
If u have Giant expectations its cuz she could be hikin the ball to Eli Manning someday
u cry to friends, how beating me’s impossible & son it’s burnin ya
it’d be nuts if I lost… but it’s more realistic to rock ur baby to sleep & suffer from a hernia
Most bitches slobber over size… just didn’t think Calvin Klein’s billboard would become a bib
Fuck an overlap… Looks like little E. Honda would not fit in the backseat of a Civic
Son ur type, Age is just a number now seriously am I wrong or right?
Go get a gun & fight. u’re an Aesop fan & dude its clear the proof is here
If u deciphered this pic it’d be soldier went to Malaysia & brought back a souvenir
u deep into that backpacker shit… & couldn’t pass up taking a pic with Dora the explorer
I’m stating I’m great & evil as hell while this good boy should be praying escape
What are u capable of? when even the devil on ur shoulder has trouble staying awake

pretty clear cut battle here in my eyes niks was just more entertaining..
vulgar had some nice hit but missed at points drastically & some bars were just shitty wording & overly stretched..

vote-nik
Vulgar ill nik-A RTF and vote on Me Vs Ricantheoryz(pic battle) or me Vs Nahh

Certain
10-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Sharp Nine says I should vote, but I have to admit I haven't voted on a traditional battle in probably at least six years. With that said, I probably am more qualified than 90% of the Battle Arena voters, and picture-based battles don't rely on nearly as many played concepts and deep personals. You look at the picture, then laugh at the verse. So hopefully my explanation for my vote, which will be very detailed, makes some sense.

Vulgar: I love that you bring your Discussion board approach to roasting to picture battling. It inherently means you won't have played shit because you have such a strange-functioning mind. Specificity is the key to humor, but it's important to hit the nail on the head with specificity. For instance, the Ben Stein analogy was strong because he has the exact same nose and similar eyebrows, but Ben & Jerry's doesn't make Rocky Road (though they once had a limited-release flavor called "Rocky Road-ish," I learned via Google). That's the type of stuff I personally look for in a verse: Were the jokes accurate? That's made more difficult when you use such deep references, as you do in your verses.

It's never easy to read a Vulgar verse, and I actually commend you for bringing your own unique twist to the battle realm. You pack a lot of wordplay, and most people probably have no idea what you meant by "Carlton" (I'll let the spelling mistake go) if they even get "Paulson." Then you dip back immediately into a more simplistic but still effective concept, and I really liked the phrase "pink slip ringmaster circus elephant" as a description of ill nik-A, one both fitting and harsh.

I think you intentionally string out some of your lines to be super long, and I have to admit that I don't like it. The Adam Sandler/Madea/Anger Management concept was really nice, but it could have been at least seven or eight syllables shorter in execution. It didn't work the same way the strong and original rhymes and word choice did on the Chihuahua line. The Elion Gonzalez line didn't work because it just seemed like you used it to bring up Miami.

The relic of text line was another nice use of the dog. I didn't get the refrigerator line, but I'm pretty sure I understood everything else in your verse. But I don't think you really hit that hard. It's a picture match, but you missed the opportunity to dig into so many other aspects of his personality (or even the picture; where was the Ryan Tannehill line?) Still, I really enjoy your style. It's smart, which I can't say for most battlers. These were the standout lines:

I'll take that target off ur wall & attach it to ya lard ass back using the electrical force from the Chihuahua's vision

I been through hard winters.. you're far from all that, Skinner
Spent more years as a relic of text than that dog has whiskers

ill nik-A: Opening with lines about the daughter was terrific. You went straight for the jugular in a way that I don't think Vulgar necessarily is hardwired to do. It was exactly what you needed to do to start this battle on a good foot because you probably weren't going to be able to trash talk roast-style on the same level as him.

I find your style to be a bit too derivative, in that you write like a lot of battlers. In fact, you write like a lot of battlers who aren't nearly as good as you. You need to improve your setups dramatically by making them more relevant and more sharply worded instead of forcing rhymes. Setups should be a place to deepen the picture about your opponent, but you put the onus on your punchlines. That means that your punchlines have to be sharp.

That's OK because your punchlines m ostly are sharp. "Baby fat" and "E. Honda" were excellent, and "Malaysia" was the best line of the battle. Some of the punchlines directly about Vulgar missed, though, particularly the one about the vein in his head. I don't really see it in the photo, in which he honestly looks relaxed aside from holding that enormous baby.

The fat jokes about the baby definitely were redundant, but you were helped by saving some of the better ones for later in the verse. Still, yuo're supposed to diss your opponent, and many of your creative punchlines didn't seem relevant to Vulgar himself. The "ear hair" line was the best direct punch about Vulgar. I understand why you did that because the photo really focuses on her, so I'm not going to hold it against you too hard, sort of like how Vulgar kept that monstrosity away from his chest to avoid lung puncturing.

Your creativity is impressive, but I think your delivery of those lines could use some works. Mostly, the punchlines were worded well themselves but had terrible transition lines. Here were my favorite quotes from your verse:

Vote: ill nik-A

I'm not sure how I'll feel about this in the long run. This was sort of one of those boxing matches where one competitor throws a crazy number of jabs, as Vulgar packed every line with disses, while the other goes for occasional tight hooks and tries to hit the same spot over and over again. But ill nik-A's persistence on the fat baby jokes kind of won me over, and his verse was probably wittier, at least on its face, while Vulgar went too heavy on observations that maybe weren't worded well enough to be punchlines.

Unfukwitable
10-27-2013, 07:49 PM

vs.

u were born to war, not to make babies so say a prayer & try again
she’s not Cross eyed… it was more of a vision how Passion of the Christ would end

Strong humor In both drops I felt like nik had more clever Ideas and executed them stronger and still kept me entertained . Vulgar had some nice bars too but a couple of his bars was misses and I felt certain lines was stretched which stole from the Impact they could've made, Enjoyed the read overall tho .

v/ ill nik-A

Sho Money EMG
10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
just wanna say first off the reason I don't do bar for bar breakdown is cuz I'm on my iPod...

And I'll nika looks like disaster lmao

anyways

pretty good battle, never really seen vulgar battle before but he did a pretty good job... Although u could def tell he specializes in OM with the way he threw punches as far as wording... Both were pretty solid, just felt nik was more direct and had some better polished concepts

mvgt ill nika

ill nik-A
10-30-2013, 12:44 PM

Vulgar
11-01-2013, 12:10 AM
That's a 4-0 KO. Good battle nik.

timeless
11-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Vulgar
If you think this chump is the best you'll get a slug in the chest, Carlton
cuz last fight club you were in... Ed Norton was huggin your chest, Paulson
Dope. Meatloaf was the man though.

plz take a break, fade away, cuz u seem lazy and rich
This pic is kinda reminiscent of how Aero wrung your neck and made u his bitch
The title's mine, Lorenzo. Come bear the images of violence.
since you're old enough to be my father it's only right we get to witness ur retirement
aw yeah

VS

Ill,

lmao

so good

Vote = Ill, hands down. Vulgar, your verse had its moments, but the flow and rhyme scheme couldn't touch ills, let alone how much his shit made me laugh.