View Full Version : RD2: ill nik-A vs. Neighbor - {Neighbor wins}

Strikta
10-09-2013, 02:04 PM
The Long Anticipated...
NChttp://oi42.tinypic.com/20788kn.jpg
II

Round 2

Rules:

10 lines minimum/16 maximum (If u & ur oppenent agree to more that's fine)
No swaying
No biting
No recycling
No other dumb shit that will get u DQd

Voting on 5 battles is mandatory, or u will be docked 2 for every one u miss. Links MUST be posted in the voting links thread at the top of the forum.

Battles due Wednesday October 16th at 11:59 pm PST

Extensions allowed up to 48 hrs, & to ONLY be agreed to between both participants.

Any other questions or concerns PM myself or Sn00p.
ill nik-A Outlaw

ill nik-A
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Thank u Strict
Welcome!
Wanna go pics? Regardless 16

Neighbor
10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Check

ill nik-A
10-10-2013, 05:24 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/Asanchez305/95D0B603-FCE5-49E1-9DEA-3E26BCA57DCA-3637-000003F1398FC484_zpscee4abe8.jpg

Neighbor
10-10-2013, 10:34 PM
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/malphunxion2/zack23_zpse2a89d65.jpg

Neighbor
10-17-2013, 01:22 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/Asanchez305/95D0B603-FCE5-49E1-9DEA-3E26BCA57DCA-3637-000003F1398FC484_zpscee4abe8.jpg

Even your shadow's got a gun to its head..

This pic reminds me of that Tag Tourney.. you were tryin' ya hardest
But it doesn't matter what angle you take, we'll ALWAYS see Bags re-lining your garbage
You in a midlife crisis, outta shape & can't afford those rags
Last time you tried to shoot the Gap.. they wouldn't let you bring ya wardrobe back
This faggot's outta his league.. & those shorts got me laughin' outta my seat
Dog, those busted-ass Kapri Styles could shut all of Brazzers down for a week
You're old as FUCK & idolize Marino.. meetin' him was ya highest purpose
LMAO.. I bet it left a bad impression when you thought pass protection was life insurance
An effiminate Cuban dressin' like an NFL star's the worst gimmick
'Cos the only Sunday Ticket you got comes w/ a plate & a chair at the church picnic
Even ya watch turned away from you, lookin' like a sideshow act
I ain't surprised.. this 60-year-old freak'd be scared to FaceTime w/ an iPhone app.
But this metro stays kitted out, from the Flexfit to them rare LeBron's
He'll even pull out those Wolf Greys.. arguin' w/ the stylist at his men's hair salon
I could predict his whole verse.. leave this fat slob stuck in hysteria
Ironic, you got them GoldenEyes.. N64 was the year your raft washed up in America

Easy

ill nik-A
10-17-2013, 06:54 AM
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/malphunxion2/zack23_zpse2a89d65.jpg

When it comes to the greatest u should not question nik
u a great, Neighbor… cuz ur belongings not passing the line shows good bum etiquette
NC would like to donate food before u die unfed fam
But all u need’s protein & u get plenty from the insects caught in ur spider-web pants
in the streets I grew up in u’d get snuffed in fact
fuck ya gun references… only thing in ur hood’s a skinny white faggot whose never touched a gat
I’ll size u up using hand gestures & u’ll be plain nervous
one of ur wrists can be measured with my thumb & index finger like I’m saying perfect
for u it’s hard to swallow but again nik’s dissmissin him
If Pride has a hole in his neck… urs is an empty ditch where I bury u egotistical pink slip victims in
u didn’t learn ur lesson u should just avoid these things
thinkin u can hold ur ground now… but I’ll make Outlaw pay like u got charged for loitering
I’m seriously tired & bored of beating clowns like this
ur last verse put us all to sleep… this time u came prepared to make a pajama party out of it
I’m dope like the coke I sneak in the country quick with no tax
I’m making an ass out of u… cuz it’s usually the mules that carry the bricks on their backs

Easier

KwaL!ty
10-17-2013, 09:59 AM
But it doesn't matter what angle you take, we'll ALWAYS see Bags re-lining your garbage
Last time you tried to shoot the Gap.. they wouldn't let you bring ya wardrobe back
LMAO.. I bet it left a bad impression when you thought pass protection was life insurance
'Cos the only Sunday Ticket you got comes w/ a plate & a chair at the church picnic
I ain't surprised.. this 60-year-old freak'd be scared to FaceTime w/ an iPhone app.
Ironic, you got them GoldenEyes.. N64 was the year your raft washed up in America

^god damn i aint going to lie Outlaw killed it.. i dont see Nik winning.. Let me read....

vs

u a great, Neighbor… cuz ur belongings not passing the line shows good bum etiquette
If Pride has a hole in his neck… urs is an empty ditch where I bury u egotistical pink slip victims in
I’m making an ass out of u… cuz it’s usually the mules that carry the bricks on their backs

honestly to me this was a one sided battle Nik had decent lines but at the same time was very wordy on some of them...

Vote- Out

Answer
10-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Really solid jab. Executed flawlessly. 8/10

I've seen gap plays before, so I feel like it's not all that fresh, though it is well-executed and not terribly played. 7.5/10

Honestly, I thought this was a fucking haymaker. Original, witty, well executed. I can't criticize it at all - 9.5/10

Kind of funny. I didn't feel like it was really hard hitting, and I was still iffy on it, but still solid. 7/10

Creative and well executed, but I just feel like the concept isn't all that insulting. 7.5/10

Another really fresh haymaker. I can't really criticize anything. 9/10

He'll even pull out those Wolf Greys.. arguin' w/ the stylist at his men's hair salon

Eh, I wasn't crazy about this one. It's still solid due to general execution 7/10

I wasn't crazy about how you worded this, and I don't think there was really a great concept to be had here in the first place. 6.5/10

--> 77.5%

Okay. I feel like the wording on it's a bit iffy and the concept's okayish. 7/10

But all u need’s protein & u get plenty from the insects caught in ur spider-web pants

I thought this was far too simple to be impressed with it. 6/10

fuck ya gun references… only thing in ur hood’s a skinny white faggot whose never touched a gat

I've seen a lot of in the hood/jacket lines. Like, that shit has been around since 2003. Execution is good though - 6/10

one of ur wrists can be measured with my thumb & index finger like I’m saying perfect

Wording on this was ehish and I don't think there was really a concept to be had here. 6/10

Not really feeling this at all. 6/10

thinkin u can hold ur ground now… but I’ll make Outlaw pay like u got charged for loitering

You could've incorporated some kind of flip regarding loitering. Honestly, someone who got charged for loitering would hardly be considered an 'outlaw'. 6/10

ur last verse put us all to sleep… this time u came prepared to make a pajama party out of it

Kinda funny, I still feel like your wordplay is far too simplistic. 6/10

Ass/Donkey lines, I'm just not feeling it. Concept is executed alright though. 7/10

--> 62.5%

I wouldn't say I was surprised by Neighbor's verse, because I already heard he was dope, but he did plenty to live up to the hype. The brazzers lines as well as the facetime punch were both killers, along with a bunch of other solid jabs in between. I definitely look forward to reading more of his work

Ill, you're a talented writer, the execution is really on point - but I feel like your concepts are just too simple half of the time and played the other half. If you could just dig a bit deeper, you'd be a force to be reckoned with

But as far as this battle goes, I felt like Neighbor was the clear winner

The Bully
10-18-2013, 04:06 AM

vs

This was a nice one, good shit fellas.
Kapri Styles and face time from Neigh were haymakers.
Nik's thumb & index finger - perfect line was the funniest of the battle to me.
I think Nik came with more straightforward shit...which worked some times & didn't others.
Neigh's angles with the jersey and everything were pretty nice...
a lot of borderline quotables like sunday ticket & pass protection.
Thought he was just more consistent overall.

V/ Neighbor

Dominate
10-19-2013, 02:59 AM

good personal and pic use, harsh punch
I don't get the 'shoot' part of the wp in reference to him returning the clothes...
LoL, good
okayyyy
alright... nothing too heavy here... wp wasnt enough for this flip/punch
haha, good
not sure I totally get it... why would he be arguing with the stylist? Also not sure about the wolf/hair connection
ehhh... feel like you could have flipped the Goldeneyes thing better

vs

OK. creative
ehhh, kinda... creative flip but the concept is just so-so
delivered well for the punch, but ionno how u can rag on people for jeans/genes wps etc and then go and use a hood wp... I still thought this wazs OK bc of the execution, but yah the wp is obv super played
cool, seen similar wps from longbar days but this was relevant
eh, OK... would be better if it actually looked like he had a hole there in this pic though, it doesn't...
nice, I like this
haha, good. Good use of the pic and flipped creatively and funny
Okay... a lot of played wps all thrown together... the pic use is good though, so not bad

Easier

Close af to me. Neigh had 3 standouts (Bags relining, Kapri Styles, FaceTime) vs Nik's 2 (hold ur ground & pajama party)... but I thought Nik's non-quotes were slightly better than Neigh's... reading through again Ima edge it to Neigh... the margin between the quotables is a little more than that between the non-quotables

v/ Neigh

Swerve
10-21-2013, 10:46 AM

vs.

Another close one. I think both had hard bangers here. The only difference between the two really is that Nik had some played wp in there (hood, making an ass, etc) that really killed the verse for me. If he had replaced those with something fresh, I would have probably had this battle going his way, but as it is....I got Neigh.

V/ Neighbor

Beyond
10-21-2013, 04:15 PM

vs

Dope battle. Bags re-lining your garbage was a good opener. Don't like shoot the Gap. Gap lines are old as shit in pic battles and I could of sworn you did one before. Kapri Styles is dope. Not feeling pass protection since it's not really dissing his physical features in the pic, just a generic age personal. Good rhyming and punch, though, I guess? Sunday Ticket is decent. FaceTime been done. I could of sworn you used that in another pic battle as well. Not surprising since you've been a known recycler for like 10 years now. Don't really get Wolf Greys. WTF? What does that have to do with arguing with the stylist at his hair salon? Only quoted your closer because 007 GoldenEye is one of the greatest video games of all time. See me in the Facility. Great Neighbor opener is alright. Spider-web pants is lol. Skinny white faggot is harsh as fuck. Saying perfect is sick. Reminds me of old Logic_4Dub lines from longbar. Pink slip victims is hard-hitting. Outlaw pay is cool. Pajama party is good. Closer is relevant even if ass/mule is played. Overall I'm a bit shocked by the voting. I guess people just pic battles differently, but Neigh didn't go at nik's pic as much as nik went at Neigh's. All of nik's lines were coming at Neigh directly in the pic whereas a lot of Neigh's were just generic age personals and indirect pic disses. Shoo the Gap, pass protection, Sunday Ticket just to name a few that weren't really too direct in dissing things specifically in the picture. Not only that, but I've seen some of Neigh's lines used before by him already, which brings down the sting obviously. If I'm wrong, the Gap one at least could of been flipped more creativitly and directly. Either way, all that aside I thought nik was just more consistent anyway and went at Neigh's pic more than Neigh went at nik's, so he takes this for me. Props to both.

/v ill nik-A

Cashius
10-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Bags, kapris, N64

Vs.

Wrists, sleep

I have Neigh here. I see what Bey was saying with addressing the pic, but the lines I liked from Neigh were the ones that were directed at the pic anyway. I just felt like his concepts were more thought out. Nik had some ok concepts but I wasn't a fan of his wording. I have Neigh by a quote.

Neighbor.