PDA

View Full Version : pick receivers for week 6

namix
10-13-2013, 11:26 AM
part of the RB-heavy draft strategy (literally took a RB in first 3 rounds in all 3 leagues im playing in) was because of the strong WR depth with late round value due to suspensions/health

now it comes down to plugging in the right dudes obviously lol... what are thoughts which 2 receivers to start for each team?

Team 1: question really comes down to Garcon vs. Amendola probably
- Eric Decker
- Pierrre Garcon
- Danny Amendola
- TY Hilton or Terrance Williams (eh on both vs. the others)

Team 2: question really comes down to whether the spanking we expect the Jags to take translates to Shorts having a strong garbage time week, and with the dynamics of Jags staff - which could help or hurt in different ways (blackmon back, henne starting)
- Amendola
- Josh Gordon
- Cecil Shorts

Team 3: this is the most interesting scenario i think - right now i have Garcon & Smith in..
- Torrey Smith
- Pierre Garcon
- Josh Gordon
- Justin Blackmon

also have harvin and vereen stashed on two teams -- nows the time to stash 'em if they're still available imo.

thoughts?

Diode
10-13-2013, 11:30 AM
garcon

draw

garco and smith

Meth
10-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Decker : Garçon
Gordon : Cecil Shorts (Saints fan, possible biased answer I just don't think Amendola gets more than 6 points.)
Smith : Garçon

Fart
10-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Team 1: question really comes down to Garcon vs. Amendola probably
- Eric Decker
- Pierrre Garcon
- Danny Amendola
- TY Hilton or Terrance Williams (eh on both vs. the others)

Decker and Amendola assuming he'll play

Team 2: question really comes down to whether the spanking we expect the Jags to take translates to Shorts having a strong garbage time week, and with the dynamics of Jags staff - which could help or hurt in different ways (blackmon back, henne starting)
- Amendola
- Josh Gordon
- Cecil Shorts

Gordon, Amendola

Team 3: this is the most interesting scenario i think - right now i have Garcon & Smith in..
- Torrey Smith
- Pierre Garcon
- Josh Gordon
- Justin Blackmon

Yeah Smith and Garcon

also have harvin and vereen stashed on two teams -- nows the time to stash 'em if they're still available imo.

thoughts?

I don't like Vareen, but hang on to Harvin he should be ready within the next week or two

namix
10-13-2013, 09:13 PM
good looks fellas

I ended up playing:
- garcon & decker
- gordon & amendola (both he & shorts got hurt & had donuts tho)
- smith & garcon (shit, didnt expect that outta smith - did he get hurt or somethin?)

namix
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
garcon

draw

garco and smith

word, that worked out pretty deadon outside of the obvious let down of smith

well - im expecting garcon to do better than the others at least lol.

DLB
10-13-2013, 09:30 PM
trade garcon yo

best move u could make, get a sleeper

namix
10-13-2013, 09:41 PM
trade garcon yo

best move u could make, get a sleeper

word? why you down on Garcon? anticipating injury or something?

i like his rec count, and he can go down field obviously. and i think RGIII is still getting re-acclimated...

i hear you on the injury front if that's the case --- probably the worst part of my fantasy game at this point, 'focusing on the upside and assuming injury prone players won't get hurt THIS time just because of their past' lol

(a great example being effing Amendola on two teams haha)

DLB
10-13-2013, 09:49 PM
word? why you down on Garcon? anticipating injury or something?

i like his rec count, and he can go down field obviously. and i think RGIII is still getting re-acclimated...

i hear you on the injury front if that's the case --- probably the worst part of my fantasy game at this point, 'focusing on the upside and assuming injury prone players won't get hurt THIS time just because of their past' lol

(a great example being effing Amendola on two teams haha)

not that, more that garcon is all speed and trash at catching, i am a colts fan btw

there are some sleepers making moves like Thompkins from NE, i have him and gave up James Jones. best decision for me, RGIII also has fallen off bad. Brady is always consistent for a TD or 2, when it compares to WRs, look at the QB and TE moreso

Meth
10-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't trade Garçon.

He's their number one receiver and that defense will have them throwing consistently.

namix
10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
no doubt Meth

i mean Death, no way i'd plug those guys in over garcon... james jones can blow up like none other though to your point, he'd need more consistency though. he is hit or miss... kenbrall, i dont even roster anymore... he was a sleeper - will be good later, he aint ready yet. NE is a mess - never has a TE been more important for a team to find their 'rhythm' lol.

my question wasnt that deep dude - just putting a feeler out there. clearly looking at the QB is important, i get the TE point i suppose, but that also depends on the TE/QB and WRs.. i'm a stats dude so i just run regression models on shit and forecast in the end, the numbers dont lie lol

DLB
10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
i know but just saying

WR play in the league is simultaneous w/ TE play and QB play, find a star WR on a team w/ a good QB and not decent TE's and bang, more fantasy yds for you

they'd both get u more fantasy pts tbh, got like 15 weekly from thompkins g. garcon puts up less

Meth
10-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Garçon in standard leagues is averaging 10 ppg compared to thompkins 8.

And now rgiii is even healthier

Yeah, don't trade for thompkins lol

namix
10-13-2013, 10:24 PM
i know but just saying

WR play in the league is simultaneous w/ TE play and QB play, find a star WR on a team w/ a good QB and not decent TE's and bang, more fantasy yds for you

they'd both get u more fantasy pts tbh, got like 15 weekly from thompkins g. garcon puts up less

yea man -- i might be back in the thompkins bandwaggon if amendola is really effed -- particularly in light of his game winner, earn trust with brady and he'll keep feeding

the thing is -- garcon's floor is higher than thompkins, and i think redskins game gets better as the year goes on, with garcon's role continuing as the #1 --- and patriots game getting better too, but primarily because of more of brady's passes go to amendola, gronk and even vereen -- only so many passes to go around, you know?

here's a real one for you guys...

WHO IS RAY RICE THIS YEAR?

i still have faith that he'll bounce - but wtf... thank God rookies like Gio Bernard and Eddie Lacy panned out for me, but damn.

picking at #4 in a 12-14 team league was like the WORST draft spot this year, in a snake draft at least

Meth
10-13-2013, 10:25 PM
I been saying rice would have a tough year yo.

That's why I took Charles over him in every draft

namix
10-13-2013, 10:34 PM
I been saying rice would have a tough year yo.

That's why I took Charles over him in every draft

word, really good call man. it was hard to trust the chiefs with much of anything. there's just some teams i stay away from

fortunately i have them as my D and they will once again be my leading scorer lol

Meth
10-13-2013, 10:36 PM
I picked the chiefs to make the playoffs

I didn't expect 6-0 but I did say they'd go 10-6

Fart
10-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Chiefs will lose to the Broncos both times.