http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHDFliS6vo

PancakeBrah
10-19-2013, 10:55 PM
lol michigan is horribad

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
lol michigan is horribad

Wrong.

Devin Gardner is (generally) horribad. The o-line full of freshman except Lewan (when he isn't injured) is horribad.

Still better than all the ranked SEC teams that fell today.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Nice pads.

Here's what happens when you take them off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHDFliS6vo

Rugby fans are so cute.

If Jadeveon Clowney hit your biggest, most ruthless guy with no pads you'd have to find a new biggest, most ruthless guy.. because he'd be dead.

PancakeBrah
10-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Wrong.

Devin Gardner is (generally) horribad. The o-line full of freshman except Lewan (when he isn't injured) is horribad.

Oh okay. Outside of your QB and o-line, you're not horribad. Word.

O-H-I-O, btw.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Oh okay. Outside of your QB and o-line, you're not horribad. Word.

O-H-I-O, btw.

After you almost lost to Iowa?

40-34.

Hoke is 19-0 at home.

See you on 11/30.

PancakeBrah
10-19-2013, 11:06 PM
After you almost lost to Iowa?

40-34.

Hoke is 19-0 at home.

See you on 11/30.

i feel as though some sort of signature bet should be made in accordance with our differing opinion on closely situated, arch rival, big ten college football teams.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:09 PM
i feel as though some sort of signature bet should be made in accordance with our differing opinion on closely situated, arch rival, big ten college football teams.

sure.

tbh the game will probably look a lot like today's game between mich and indiana. neither team has a great secondary, and tOSU arguably has one of the worst defenses in the fbs, period.

but if bad devin shows up none of that will matter. there is no turnover machine more powerful in all of the fbs.

King Ra.
10-19-2013, 11:11 PM

No you did not make that comment.

PancakeBrah
10-19-2013, 11:13 PM
sure.

tbh the game will probably look a lot like today's game between mich and indiana. neither team has a great secondary, and tOSU arguably has one of the worst defenses in the fbs, period.

but if bad devin shows up none of that will matter. there is no turnover machine more powerful in all of the fbs.

Done and done.

Brady Hoke is an alumni of my high school, tbfunfact.

OSU will wipe the floor with Michigan. Won't be close, in my estimation.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:15 PM
No you did not make that comment.

LSU to Ole Miss
UGA to Vandy
SC to Tenn
Aggies to Auburn

the winners in all of those games are terrible teams. i root for SC here since you have to pick one and i hate the ACC with the fire of a thousand suns, but with shaw out for the millionth time, they could easily lose to plenty of B1G teams. UGA is a fucking morgue with all their injuries. there is literally nobody left by murray. LSU would prob beat everyone but the suckeyes, so they've got that going for them. the aggies have a defense that even OSU laughs at.

the only "upset" that wasn't really an upset was Mizzou over UFL. Mizzou looks monstrous, though their original QB was way more talented than the backup they are stuck with now.

bama is bama and nobody will beat them. this was about the losers today, though.

Mael
10-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Rugby fans are so cute.

If Jadeveon Clowney hit your biggest, most ruthless guy with no pads you'd have to find a new biggest, most ruthless guy.. because he'd be dead.

Andries Bekker. 6' 10", 265 lbs.

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/16500/16527.jpg

Jadeveon Clowney? lol.. that's cute.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Done and done.

Brady Hoke is an alumni of my high school, tbfunfact.

OSU will wipe the floor with Michigan. Won't be close, in my estimation.

i think it will be a shootout unless bad devin or gallon is injured.

PancakeBrah

Diode
Andries Bekker. 6' 10", 265 lbs.

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/16500/16527.jpg

Jadeveon Clowney? lol.. that's cute.

6'10", 265? your man is undersized as fuck. tell him to put some meat on his bones.

i was just talking college before.

any NFL lineman would destroy him. completely.

PancakeBrah
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
i think it will be a shootout unless bad devin or gallon is injured.

Agreed. I'll take Meyer and Miller in a shootout nine out of ten times against Michigan.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:19 PM
hell not only that, but with 60-100 lb more on their frame, those same lineman will dust him in a 40.

Mael
10-19-2013, 11:23 PM
lol.. the fat boys gotta wear pads and have breaks for every play.

Diode
10-19-2013, 11:26 PM
lol.. the fat boys gotta wear pads and have breaks for every play.

fight science already addressed this dude.

your boys would get shattered into a billion pieces for a 6'8" 360lb dude who runs a 4.6-4.8 40 running at them full speed. it wouldn't even be fair.

SCIENCE, BITCH!

Mael
10-19-2013, 11:50 PM
A 6'8 350 pound ballerina who's never played contact sports in his entire life would take down a professional NFL or Rugby player with ease.

As a game, Rugby is more ruthless, enduring and physically demanding. Plus we don't cover ourselves in tampons and don't wear construction helmets. Please stop.

Diode
10-20-2013, 12:10 AM
A 6'8 350 pound ballerina who's never played contact sports in his entire life would take down a professional NFL or Rugby player with ease.

As a game, Rugby is more ruthless, enduring and physically demanding. Plus we don't cover ourselves in tampons and don't wear construction helmets. Please stop.

loling so hard at you

the inferiority complex of rugby fans is hysterilol

uh-oh to thread

Zen
10-20-2013, 12:12 AM
You get your best rugby player and line him up across a guy like Wilfork and see what happens. Wilfork will eat the rugby player.

Fart
10-20-2013, 12:20 AM
These Europeans don't realize American Football is evolved from soccer and rugby. It's like a smart phone vs Morse code.

Mael
10-20-2013, 12:59 AM
You get your best rugby player and line him up across a guy like Wilfork and see what happens. Wilfork will eat the rugby player.

Bill Cavubuti, 6'2, 364 lbs (39 pounds heavier than Wilfork, and their the same height).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q3SjoLaRUZA/UccQHOmk5UI/AAAAAAAABx0/ZVDe9W8UEbE/s1600/Bill+Cavubuti.jpg

Mael
10-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Uini Antonio, 6'5, 334Ibs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZN8x_oBwymA/UccNT_pIKtI/AAAAAAAABxk/PksNZ-QfPwA/s1600/uini+antonio.jpg

Zen
10-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Wilfork faces guys BIGGER than him every Sunday and beats them. Usually he's double teamed too, but Wilfork is just an example. Take any defensive lineman and put them up against a rugby player and the rugby player loses.

Meth
10-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Lol at foreigns

uh-oh
10-20-2013, 10:52 AM
uh-oh to thread

lol

man

i don't even.

uh-oh
10-20-2013, 11:49 AM
it is not more ruthless, you do probably need more endurance for it tho. physically demanding is subjective tho.

american football is more ruthless, BECAUSE, of those "tampons, and construction helmets" as you so eloquently put it. for example, the NFL has been looking at ways to make the game safer. one idea that gets thrown around is to do away with pads altogether.

which makes you think, wouldnt it be more dangerous without pads?

the answer is no. you are too concerned about protecting yourself when you don't have pads on. you are more concerned with proper technique, like tackling to the midsection with your head up, shoulder lowered, wrapping up etc.

with pads, you can missile headfirst into people, and as long as you hit them harder than they hit you, you will come out ok. the other person not so much.

so the whole oh they have pads argument, to me is retarded. if anything it makes it MORE dangerous. the most vicious hits in rugby don't hold a candle to the bottom tier big hits in american football

its just the way the games are.

those "breaks" as you put it, are a huge factor in it as well, you need good endurance in rugby because your on the move alot. that directly effects your BURST and overall speed however.

look at a cheetah. it is one of the fastest creatures there is. what it gains in speed, it loses in endurance. so a big guy in rugby, will have more endurance than a football guy, but he isnt gonna have the same burst, or speed of a football guy.

that video you posted to start the thread, has a guy RUNNING. full go, he's got plenty of strides under him, and he is hitting a guy running maybe half as fast. here is a video in football under the same circumstances in american football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

skip to 1:06

thats 6'1 250 meeting 6'3 245

Meth
10-20-2013, 11:57 AM
That wasn't even full speed lol.

Ray da Gawd

Inno
10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
rugby is for people who couldn't get a visa.

fact.

Neighbor
10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CpAkLdI.jpg

Mael
10-21-2013, 04:32 AM
it is not more ruthless, you do probably need more endurance for it tho. physically demanding is subjective tho.

american football is more ruthless, BECAUSE, of those "tampons, and construction helmets" as you so eloquently put it. for example, the NFL has been looking at ways to make the game safer. one idea that gets thrown around is to do away with pads altogether.

which makes you think, wouldnt it be more dangerous without pads?

the answer is no. you are too concerned about protecting yourself when you don't have pads on. you are more concerned with proper technique, like tackling to the midsection with your head up, shoulder lowered, wrapping up etc.

with pads, you can missile headfirst into people, and as long as you hit them harder than they hit you, you will come out ok. the other person not so much.

so the whole oh they have pads argument, to me is retarded. if anything it makes it MORE dangerous. the most vicious hits in rugby don't hold a candle to the bottom tier big hits in american football

its just the way the games are.

those "breaks" as you put it, are a huge factor in it as well, you need good endurance in rugby because your on the move alot. that directly effects your BURST and overall speed however.

look at a cheetah. it is one of the fastest creatures there is. what it gains in speed, it loses in endurance. so a big guy in rugby, will have more endurance than a football guy, but he isnt gonna have the same burst, or speed of a football guy.

that video you posted to start the thread, has a guy RUNNING. full go, he's got plenty of strides under him, and he is hitting a guy running maybe half as fast. here is a video in football under the same circumstances in american football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

skip to 1:06

thats 6'1 250 meeting 6'3 245

Alright, I get what you're saying. You have some good points, some I agree with, some I don't. Thing is, I can't really write a thesis about why Rugby is tougher than American Football because I don't fully understand the latter. And I suppose the same goes for you (concerning Rugby).

So let's just leave it at - their both great sports, period. (Rugby is tougher, though).