PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Magazine

God Of War
02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:36 PM

Intro

Props to everyone for showing for round 1. We didn’t have a single no show. That’s whats up. I like that this key style tourney is running smoothly. We might do another real soon. Hope ya would be down for another in the near future. I like a tourney like this way more than a tourney that has verses due a week later and shit.

Peep this battle if you never seen it before. Shit was funny.

Grind Time Presents: Surgeon General vs Sonny Bamboo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTpfy61i0Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnetcees.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthrea d.php%3Ft%3D33169&feature=player_embedded

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Review of Round 1

1. Vylint vs. 4. .KuJoE. (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45615)
Kujoe seems to be just starting out this whole text battling thing. Vylint has been around but didn’t feel the need to try. Luckily it didn’t come back to bite Vylint in the ass, he didn’t need to try after all. His 2 minute verse ending up Koing Kujoe’s verse easily. Kujoe keep at it man you’ll get better with time. Boo @ Vy using alter wordplay. That’s mad played man! =/

2. Grendel vs. 3. Arlifick (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45614)
Arl had some cool stuff in his verse. This battle was one of the better battles of round one. Neither came bad. Both had solid drops. Grendel just had the stronger punches. His wording is way better. But that comes with all the years of experience he has. Arl did aight but Grend came with it. Props to Grendel on getting the win.

1. Hush vs. 4. Ghostrider (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45612)
Ghostrider is one of my favorite cats on here now. That verse had me laughing from top to bottom. Nothing but roflz for real. I hope he battles more often. I havent laughed like that off a text battle in a while. Hush had the stronger punches though and ended up winning this because of that.

2. CarmeloSwag vs. 3. C. Gaffle (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45610)
Carmelo had some cool lines and a cool flow at times. But gaffle came swinging, had the better punches in this. Carmelo didn’t agree and decided to leave the site due to losing this battle. He claims people were hating on him and his wordplay is too tough for this site. I don’t agree with his assessment at all. I think people were just annoyed with how he explains his punches and just felt gaffle came better. People have different topicals mel, don’t sweat it. You win some you lose some. That’s how its always been and gaffle did win this, according to all the voters. I agree with the outcome.

1. ALIEN vs. 4. jack ripper (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45608)
Extremely one sided battle. Jack didn’t even bring any punches to the table. Nothing but filler and bragging. I didn’t see any real disses in his verses. ALIEN came with a no effort verse that was more than enough to win this. Even though his entire verse was nothing but name plays.

2. Genocide vs. 3. MoreHits (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45613)
Morehits had my favorite line of the battle and more punches. But his verse wasn’t that great. He had weird pauses at times as someone pointed out in the battle and he had a few punches that didn’t find their mark. Genocide didn’t have as many punches but his flow made up for it as well as his swagger. Genocide ended up taking it for having the more entertaining verse.

2. Real Talk vs. 3. Godly MC (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45609)
Sort of decent battle here. Two different styles clashing. Godly had really short lines while real was the opposite. Real had the stronger punches and came with more creativity and that’s why he ended up taking this one. The planet/plan it wordplay is one of the most played wordplays ever in battles though. I’ve seen in a million times in live battles and text battles.. Props to real on advancing.

1. Mercules vs. 4. Dot.. (http://netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45611)
Mercules killed Dot. Don’t know what Dot is thinking when he comes up with some of his lines lol. And whats up with his style? Sometimes it flows good but lately its been shaky as hell. Wasn’t feeling Dot much here. Although his punches seem to be getting better than they usually are. He was no match for mercules. Mercules won this one easy. Better punches and wording.

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Top 10 Punches of the Week
Not in order.

..I read the marquee, Grendel slated to text with Arli
who I'll have biting bullets by feeding him arms like calamari
Grendel vs. Arlifick

Cuz honestly, we know you don't got girls on their knees n shit...
Only girls taking jack down their throat are on a drinking binge
ALIEN vs. jack ripper

only way you catch me sayen Ghostride can flow hot
is if im high til my eyes redder than them terminator robots
Hush vs. Ghostrider

dont know who i am, but i can tell his laughin is weary.....
and if you think you got Will....I.AM gonna beat this FAGGOT severely...
Arlifick vs. Grendel

I Wanna see him hold his tongue!
Only time Dis Nincompoop Grabbed a "Stick-&-Move" Was the WII remote for fun!!
Real Talk vs. Godly MC

god damn at ya style! kid u must be the worst
so what ya ya name is dots? dont put'em after every 2 words in ya verse
Mercules vs. Dot..

u getting murdered now, u see what ya hunches do?
i wish i could flow like u…..so i wouldn’t need punches too
MoreHits vs. Genocide

I'm runnin' you over easy cuz your skill needs elevating...
First time yall seen jack under a car.... while its still accelerating
ALIEN vs. jack ripper

ur rhyming is ass...styles something u find in the trash
your verse was full of laughs..and I only read a line n a half
Hush vs. Ghostrider

there's no Cali love, my verse is Prop 8 ending yo' gay dreams
the west aint real dope cuz after this battle you'll see the Bay leaves
Grendel vs. Arlifick

Note: Not all of these punches are nice to me. Just my favorites this week. Step it up next week guys!

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM

Verse of the Week
Alien

Quit the battle and run.... cuz when the laughter is done....
Everyone'll see your a jack of small trades and a master of none
I'm runnin' you over easy cuz your skill needs elevating...
First time yall seen jack under a car.... while its still accelerating
All my sick nameplays got your girls attention, eyes focused...
So I'll go ahead and take jack's bitch and ripper pussy wide open
Cuz honestly, we know you don't got girls on their knees n shit...
Only girls taking jack down their throat are on a drinking binge
You movin' slow now, I caught up n ripped this slim fool...
So much for Jack being quick n nimble

Flow of the Week
Genocide

yo morehits again? i dont know if he can handle anymore hits...lets see if he noshows again -lol

listen..
i found a few words to throw, stick n move -learn the ropes, in round one -you burned n choked, you should noshow twice -and conserve ya notes, dont be concerned with votes, your concerns a joke, how they gonna vote -when they cant find the verse you wrote?// a loss to me is a lesson in time -a lesson in rhyme, i know history repeats -but this is like pressin rewind, dont sleep -quit restin ya eyes, the morehits i drop -the more you seem like second best in the line, your seconds behind// while im blowin up, throw a punch, ill beat you to death -with golden gloves, your this cobras lunch, your rhymes like origami -they keep foldin up

-Genocide/AnOny

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Battle of the Week
Grendel vs. Arlifick

Grendel

..I read the marquee, Grendel slated to text with Arli
who I'll have biting bullets by feeding him arms like calamari
there's no Cali love, my verse is Prop 8 ending yo' gay dreams
the west aint real dope cuz after this battle you'll see the Bay leaves
like picking Notre Dame's team, even Obama had you out the bracket
and like the Lakers, there's no way you winning without some magic
my habit has changed, and the difference is that I'm crippling cats
I quit smoking so burning this fag is kinda hard with my nicotine patch
skillfully tacted, this is Arli's chance to no show rather than submit..
cuz nobody expects to see bars like beating Rihanna down in public

Arlifick

dont know who i am, but i can tell his laughin is weary.....
and if you think you got Will....I.AM gonna beat this FAGGOT severely...
its a keystyle tourney... have this drunkard sonned, bunches...
and i know he's gonna wine.... when he gets beatin for usin old punches...
look, HOLD SOMETHIN... better hope you carryin heat now..
how you name yourself after somethin famously known for getting beat down!?
ill make quick work of him... see?.... in a breeze.....
zen-like skills'll swat this fly live, and this aint even CNBC!....
read the name of the tourney, ill stab em and move on quickly...
"stick and move" to this fag means........ well, lets just say its "pause-worthy"....

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:45 PM

LMAO/LOLZ/ROFLZ of the Week
Ghostrider

checking in: ding ding ding ding!!

i spit scripts on victims, your lips ripped from my load, that's why you HUSH!! and just spit-cum. (Ho!)
no worries, you'll get sprung...your fat smile, as you looked up just proved dat you'z a chick son!
challengin my sick tongue, wit feeble talents is like - a height competition for dwarves up against my giant type.
i'm the LSD in Manson's blood stream, the world is still - in constant fear of killaz so here's the girl I killed = (HUSH!!)
chumps like hush'll just get jumped and crushed up like some freakin crumbs,
a velvet cupcake lineage is where this faggg truly comes from...
you are one dumb, estupido!! so why'm I wastin mah time? This battle's won-sided like ghosts of cheetahs...racing swines.
slaughter this daughter, born from an inbred faggget father that shoulda wore rubber before he nutted in Mr. Rogers.
it's too easy for me to feasibly decrease you see...If you was four? I'm minus one, that equals three for me!! (I won...)
you'z a loser who's dead! i'll use the fluid from your flesh, so I can go diffuse this tourney exclusive board to death. (bored to death)
pass you up the bracket now, Ghost killed this squeeky faggget...the God you faced made your body decay as I covered you with maggots!!

I asked for Genocide's pretty little asss but instead I got whoever the hell HUSH is. geezzz...lol

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:46 PM

A Look at Round 2

http://netcees.com/forums/images/stickandmovecopy.jpg

Hush vs. Genocide
This will be cool to see. Hush is more of a battler since he tends to pack his verses with punches so he may have the upper hand here. Neither should sleep on the other. Hush’s round 1 verse didn’t truly show what hes capable of, same goes for genocide’s verse. Gen will have people marveled by his flow and hush will come with some haymakers. It’ll be interesting to see how this match turns out.

Grendel vs. Vylint
Both have been around for a while. Another one where neither should take the other lightly. None of these two are newbs. They are way better than their first round verses. This one could go either way depending on who tries more. Both have experience on their side which evens this battle up.

Mercules vs. C. Gaffle
Toss up as well. Merc seems to be a busy guy. I mean he was MIA for a while and popped out of nowhere for this tourney so I don’t know how much time he has to really sit down and think a verse out. He slaughtered his first round opponent with ease but hes going to have to take gaffle a litle more seriously or it’ll end up costing him. Gaff is no push over. I’ve seen him do damage in the past when he was in the BBL.

ALIEN vs. Real Talk
This is the one to look out for. The main event. Both can come nice with it. Real tends to explain his lines which some people don’t like. Same thing with the caps and shit. But you cant deny he can come with it at times. ALIEN is nice. Hasn’t truly shown what hes made of on this site yet. But he’s a big threat in this tourney. I got a feeling whoever wins this match might end up winning the whole thing. I got a feeling we going to see world war 3 go down in this one. If not during the battle, then we might see it after it

David Lama
June 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM

just something quick for ya. goodluck in round 2

Vylint
June 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM

cool little mag.

Vylint
June 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM

i jacked some of these mag concepts from you :)

Hush
June 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM

thanks davey

Arlifick
June 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM

though i lost, thanks for the recognition... good mag... ill try to stay around and vote for the rest of the tourney....

Real Talk
June 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM

ALIEN vs. Real Talk
This is the one to look out for. The main event. Both can come nice with it. Real tends to explain his lines which some people don’t like. Same thing with the caps and shit. But you cant deny he can come with it at times. ALIEN is nice. Hasn’t truly shown what hes made of on this site yet. But he’s a big threat in this tourney. I got a feeling whoever wins this match might end up winning the whole thing. I got a feeling we going to see world war 3 go down in this one. If not during the battle, then we might see it after it

2. Real Talk vs. 3. Godly MC
Sort of decent battle here. Two different styles clashing. Godly had really short lines while real was the opposite. Real had the stronger punches and came with more creativity and that’s why he ended up taking this one. The planet/plan it wordplay is one of the most played wordplays ever in battles though. I’ve seen in a million times in live battles and text battles.. Props to real on advancing.

I Wanna see him hold his tongue!
Only time Dis Nincompoop Grabbed a "Stick-&-Move" Was the WII remote for fun!!
Real Talk vs. Godly MC

Thank's for the recognition David haha . Nice Maggy , read some other article's too :cool:

Fuego.
June 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM

hahaha, itd be cooler if i went to 2nd round...nah, good lookin out...congratz vylint good luck.

Vylint
June 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM

i pwn hard!

Fuego.
June 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM

lmao!!!!

Genocide
June 24th, 2009, 10:38 PM

kOo --watch the jab my sons-- its tricky

Vylint
June 25th, 2009, 12:29 AM

^you look like my boy dallas....

u from maryland? ur name aint strat a g is it ?

tsohg
June 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM

dope mag as usual man

Mercules
June 25th, 2009, 10:55 AM

good shit Lama

Genocide
June 25th, 2009, 05:31 PM

nah -im from Philly homie, i just live here now... and im not Strat a g either... UrbanGenocide --or AnOn... thats all

Hush
June 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM

dopeness