PDA

View Full Version : BA Mag: Fall Edition

Sharp
10-22-2013, 12:07 AM
INTRODUCTION

What’s good guys, Sharp here with a fresh BA Mag to commemorate the first Pic title match we’ve had in months. Ill Nika, defending champ and pic battler extraordinaire is taking on Vulgar, one of the most versatile guys in text and one of the funniest battlers/roasters I’ve ever read. Should be dope. Without further ado, lets get into the mag, which is gonna cover just about anything from the last mag, August til now. So kick on some good tunes and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17LQRXXrWjY

Sharp
10-22-2013, 12:11 AM
REVIEWS

Here I pulled out some battles from the past few months that I feel deserve some attention for being sick. If yours isn’t here, don’t take it personally and keep battling!

Boredom vs. Shoryuken

This one surprised me tbh. Boredom came with a really quick keystyle and paid for it, shoryuken managing to get a few more hits in the voters eyes and taking it rather easily. This was relatively close, but I thought Shoryuken got it with his made a name for himself line.

Genocide vs. Pent up (S&F)

Doooooope stuff from two of the best active writers. Both of these verses were pure butter, full of slick rhymes and flow. Voters agreed that while the first half of Pent’s verse was the strongest shit of the battle, he started to fall off by the end while Genocide was able to maintain consistency throughout which was enough to take this battle.

Allen Knight vs. Ammo

This went pretty much how I would’ve expected. AK trounced some new cat who put up some sort of freestyle rap. Allen had two dope nameflips which did more than enough to get the KO. Hope to see more of him in the future, he’s very easily a contender for the BA battle belt.

Apex vs. Knowp

Both of these guys were kinda off. Wording kind of held Knowp back, while Apex just struggled with concepts. Knowp wasn’t great but managed to edge it with a more textbook verse. Keep up guys.

Aero vs. Phuck Yew

This one happened in mid august and wasn't in the last mag, but it deserves a mention here. Aero, despite keying from his phone still dropped in his style, which is one of the least formulaic and still most effective in text. He didn't have any real misses, while Phuck just came with a bunch of flips on 'aer' which is done to death. Most voters agreed, and Aero was able to win 8-2.

Franco vs. Meth

Meth had his usual BA style of a lazy keystyle with a few good ideas, while Franco had a bunch of flips on 'meth' which is done to death. Voting was close, but Meth managed to snag another win out of this one making him 4-0 in the BA.

Pretty much every other battle was voided, mostly due to lack of links. If you guys actually get links in, you’ll be sure to end up somewhere in the next mag but for now, nothing.

NO SHOW SHINE

Vulgar vs. Pancakebrah

You Sesame street watching prankster, givin the vibes of a monstrous geek
Talk is cheap, but u a star at least, w/ Jim Carrey's eyes & Phillip Seymour Hoffman's cheeks
You're in debt, forever Diode's younger brother, holdin an enamored syringe
And there's powder on your chin, since u eat more cocaine than u actually sniff
and ol' Fraternity Anne on your side doesn't seem to realize the hand she's been dealt
Holdin' her purse close. She'd wallet off if you came close to her chastity belt
You're a drama queen without a crown. A shy guy with Shiloh's face
You Big Bang Theory watchin' Billabong sandal wearin' albino ape (just die...oh wait)
David Lynch historian. LSAT's ain't for u, ya just a kid that's imitatin'
is this one of those 'preppy yearbook types' meets awkward weightlifter situations?
Watch Vulgatron fold this cast off, make this ogre's lats pop
They call you a Big Foot'ball fan... I'ma just go with Sasquatch
Most opponents laugh em off, but I just consider him a fuckin' disgrace
who rarely Clicks with Madison cuz all his Adam Sandler jokes get him punched in the face
You're ugly, misplaced, a Derby McDirt pervert in the burbs, & this is inertia with words
"THUMBS UP, it's LEGS day!" ...she's happy cause she knows you ain't referring to hers.

TOP PUNCHES

For the Fall

1. Allen Knight vs. Ammo

The hos u get are hideous as fuck, check wat this lame started
Last bitch that amazon, look like she slitherd out the black lagoons of the rainforest

2. Karaoke vs. Mael

I was co captain so I could tell you where every nigga in the ranks fits
Me & Murda Sho kept the Planes steady, all u did was offer extra pillows & blankets

3. Mael vs. Karaoke

Got those predictable punches & the rest I'd mentions lame,
Drop the Hi & Bye shit; it's self-evident that all ya verses begin & end the same,

4. Aero vs. Phuck Yew

Cindy or Mindy? I left both exhausted after passing the pipe
Phuck's options were exhausted too and it's another lonely Saturday night

5.Shoryuken vs. Boredom

ya punches are generic, bore's just a pre-writing alias lover
didn't just make a name for 'emself winning that tourney ...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . he's made around 80 others

6. Destroyer vs. Leowatts

u talk tough, and now I see why, cause u be lookin all scary
but I'm confused about ur gender since u rock an adam's strawberry

Battle of the Season

Karaoke vs. Mael

Karaoke

Your battle was with Phuck was weak so don't send any bars my way
Cuz you couldn't pay me to vote on that battle if it was posted on RIA
Yeah, we both repped The Planes but my new crew's official
If I use the pistol, it'll leave u with burns that would make Meth's look superficial
My chicks could make every head on your block turn
I got wild bitches, you get Wilde bitches too but they leave you with Cockburn
I was co captain so I could tell you where every nigga in the ranks fits
Me & Murda Sho kept the Planes steady, all u did was offer extra pillows & blankets
You're mid tier at best & after your last battle, there's no denying that I'm right
Especially, the way we saw u struggle to get rid of a Bra like a virgin on prom night

Mael

Seeing your Summer Classic flop made me laugh at first,
You dropped like the average Joe.. then Joe dropped ya with an average verse,
Got those predictable punches & the rest I'd mentions lame,
Drop the Hi & Bye shit; it's self-evident that all ya verses begin & end the same,
My game's workin' chicks when you're trying to perfect text,
While you voted for me over Cake, ya girl & I skipped str8 to the birthday sex,
Riding vets explains all of your wins on that shitty account,
Hush's lisp baffled at how you could mimic an oat's audio w/ 20 dicks in ya mouth,
Murda and him made "The Plane's" & gave me a crew spot,
Which mirrored how we saw Car -- getting smaller and fading as we took off.

Mael wins 4-1

Sharp
10-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Sharp's track of the Mag

Dig it. Isaac Hayes is some truly dope stuff, and Black Moses is probably one of my favorite albums of all time if not my favorite. Just chill and groove along to one of pop music's best. It made writing this mag a lot more enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8AjVnMQqc

Power Ranks

1. Ill Nik-a
Holds the BA battle and pic title, has the best record in the BA, and is generally one of the best in the game atm. It’s impossible not to put him in the top spot right now I don’t see him leaving this list anytime soon even if he just battles occasionally.

2. Vulgar
Always shows and is one of the most versatile writers the site has. Has general success in everything he does and has a well deserved pic title shot to show for it.

3. Shank Sinatra
Goes to show what a little bit of activity will do for a BA record. Currently 7-1, ranked third in the BA but most of those wins are just pulled from newbies. Either way, dude is still set up for some sort of title shot in the near future.

4. Mael
With two dope battles against Pancakebrah and Karaoke, Mael’s responsible for some of the best drops in the BA and I’m hoping to see a lot more from him.

5. Bags
Wait… Bags battles? He’s 3-0 in the BA right now, which is high enough for me to see without scrolling down and comes out of retirement once in awhile to clown on new guys or gamble. Which is more than most vets do. So here we are.

6. Allen Knight
Can’t put him much higher since he doesn’t really battle but is one of the deadliest keystyle battlers in text, so theres no reason to assume he couldn’t have 5 wins in here by November if he felt like it.

7. Phuck Yew
Phuck’s got a solid record for only being here a few months. He drops decent verses and at this rate could very easily advance up the BA ladder.

8. Meth
This ol goober. The BA’s kind of a vacuum at the moment, and meth’s good enough at text to do some damage if he wanted to. At 4-0 he’s set up to move up the ladder pretty easily if he wanted to.

If you think you should be on this list, go fucking battle. Odds are Xnub and Chyeahhh are currently ranked higher than you in the BA.

VOTE OF THE SEASON

Look at this vote. Read it. Realize you will never contribute as much to text as this vote does and then strive to recreate it in the future

GENOCIDE
Lord of swag n flow, sword of dragon bones pulled from portals -blackish holes
Back of stones, used to lift this massive pole, that would cause a collapse of the average joe
I'm black sabbath fagot, all humor is dead, it bled, then i smoked hookahs with death
Made of humans & flesh, and sexed on the same beautiful threads, where lord lucifer slept
--=)> great start here - solid imagery and definitely strong creativity conceptually -- as ive mentioned before, i never really got into snf before -so (both you and pent) should take my feedback in stride since you had more at bats than me here -- but i'll always try to kick some feedback in case it helps, and there is a little "trick" i've observed in SNF after several reads in the last week. and in battles i am a huge stickler for 'conceptual setup' -- ensuring the right context is built to deliver the punch -- but in snf, i actually think both the flow and even the creative allusion comes off more impactful with the concept of "less is more" in terms of words... so with like:

"Back of stones, used to lift this massive pole, that would cause a collapse of the average joe"

to my - simply making a line like this more concise by limiting conjunctions or adverbs and shit that dont create more meaning (or add to the flow), it works even better to me:

"with a back of stones, casting massive poles at my foes, collapsing those average joes"

my feedback is more about what i took away than what i added to keep general syllable count -- this breakdown was just as much for me, if not more so, than for you lol.

Intense when ur demons a freak -we frolick, after we've both eaten from the trees of knowledge
when I sneeze the pollen, demonic breezes concieve where my seeds were plotted, breath in silence
A brand new disease to polish -it chokes your life, skates through hearts -put ur soul on ice
A poltergeist, swagger and flow this nice can only be mine, divine, unless your totally blind
--=)> ooh, i like the conceptual flow here from lucifers bed (which was cool) through this whole section... i think the 'word brevity' is a real cool consideration for you bro -- even by just saying instead of "after we've both eaten from the trees of knowledge" -- just saying "ur demons a freak, we frolick & eat from trees of knowledge" -- sure you can keep 'we' in as well but i just think trimming down on the random words like 'after', and 'both', 'from'/etc. makes cool concepts of yours that much more fluid

i like your conceptual build from the tree of knowledge, to sneeze the pollen - seeds too.. it's great flow as well, which isn't always easy to maintain. good shit there. love the concept of 'breathe in silence' - small point - but in this case that missing "E" is important -- changing "breath" to "breathe" (which i am sure you intended.)

another observation re: snf which it seems to be the biggest (subtle?) nuance which i've noticed is that importance of "transitionary flow" -- consider how you introduce your next rhyme/scheme - something that would not come naturally to me but i can appreciate enough to do it if i put my head down --- beyond like just tying the first rhyme in a line to the last line, and ending with a new end rhyme -- slowly transitioning it and having call backs to the original rhyme for a couple lines is something that would take this type of rhyme from really good, to pretty much perfect form man (again, a detail i do not for a second claim to execute myself) -- the example im thinking of writing this is 'disease to polish - it chokes your life - skates thru hearts - put ur soul on ice'

personally, if Disease to Polish was say your "A" rhyme, which you were KILLING in the past several bars, and "Choke your life" was your "B" rhyme -- an amazing attention to detail, again just to me, in a snf verse would be to have like at least 1 bar/2 lines where there was a transition to the new rhyme.

A inner, A inner, A inner, A inner
A inner, A inner, A inner, A inner

A inner, B inner, A inner, B inner
A inner, B inner, A inner, B inner

B inner, B inner, B inner, B inner
B inner, B inner, B inner, B inner

(again, figuring this 'ish out myself as i provide feedback - pardon all the detail and feel free to ignore if im too deep here lol)

Open ur eyes, focus or die, or clothe in fucking cloaks nd disguise, cuz genocides cobras can fly
Its like the fuckin vulcans arrived, with spock nd his goons, knockin the boots -nd its not an illusion
Stop the confusion, Ill put the optical truth on my swastika roots, to prove youre not this abusive
I'm the conclusion when bad met evil and rhymed, your a feeble design, of ancient people that died
--=)> really liked your usage of inners here -- breaks it up well -- good concepts again... the flow was pretty sick with the cobras can fly line -- but appreciated the flow in with the inners even more so

Keep it in mind, its suicide when you weak in the spine, to think u could compete with my climb
Your fecal inside -while I harvest the darkest intent, cause nd effect, pent -this is off with ur head
--=)> very cool ender, very good verse and well worth the read and my time friend -- solid flow and great creativity throughout imo.

Pent uP
Redded-eye logic & congested-like coughin from hella high chronic -
You're lucky if you'd get to die off it - but I keep the genocide flawless
- Murdering rappers with superlative factors in the set of rhymes offered.
You're pressed behind, walking - prison rules - handling only the cleft of my pocket.
--=)> oooh - superlative words to describe this kickoff, this was pretty dope.. i'd actually say because of your inners, your end rhyme in line 3 & 4 (rhymes offered / my pocket) coulda been a bit tighter -- those types of multis work when you go heavy with the same multi imo, but you broke up that flow with other whymes so i kinda lost track by the time i got to "pocket" if you know what i mean. I liked your description and general delivery of concepts - creative angles to convey common points (redded-eye logic) -- cool shit.

I'm pressure - nine rockets - to your Smith N Wesson line's blockage.
Pent is psychotic - wrestling cylcops' in desert-mine moshpits.
I'm breaded like Shulz is - Making millions after my death.
I aint dead yet though - got the contentious soul that rap resurrects.
--=)> im pressure - nine rockets to your smith and wesson line's blockage = Ill.

I am not a huge fan of the third-person unless it adds tremendous value to the flow or is a funny observation re: the third person itself -- I think just saying "Psychotic." is even better - but trivial point - wrestling cyclopses in desert mine moshpits is dope too, just a great concept. actually the second two lines felt like a huge drop off to me, just based on flow and creativity, but that is in part because of how ill i thought the first two lines were and i also appreciate the idea of evaluating an snf as a whole verses a breakdown like im doing lol

Got your chick on her knees from mistletoe leaves strapped to my belt -
thick white spit from her cheeks drips and it leaks while she's gasping for help
like its dutch oven, singular - you go out smelling like McLovin after a fucking prison term.
How I know you're gay: You giving your blood-cousins gift of sperm.
--=)> hah, cool -- liked the inners and overall floww with the description - once again, the first two lines were a lot iller than the next two for me, primarily in flow -- didnt like the concepts here near as much as others -- but the description coupled with rhyme in the first two were pretty tight.

I love cum guzzling single girls - who take the wood deep in their favorite hoody
while I stay slaying pussy harder than drunken euthanasia rookies.
--=)> drunken euthanasia rookies? lol i mean it made me laugh but more outta confusion - i dont like where you went toward the end of this verse but cant decide whether that's because i LOVED where you started yo.

VOTE:

this was a good read fellas - sorry i took a couple days, been busy as hell - but as promised i got to it and hopefully you find the feedback valuable because it may have taken more time for me to provide feedback than for ya'll to write your verses lol....

This is why it's a strange/challenging vote IMO:
-- when i read Pent's first 6 lines -- i literally thought "oh shit" in my head, muh boy Geno is about to get smoked. I thought Pent started off very ill - true to the form, strong scheme, good imagery and great concepts.
-- Geno had good concepts and solid flow -- all throughout his verse. while i think Pent's first half was real dope shit, Geno's ceiling wasnt as high here --- BUT his flow wasnt near as low in the end
-- where Pent went in the end like threw me off -- it seemed like he wrote the first 6 lines in a moment of just fire and inspiration, and the last six man, just way too much sperm and cum talk that wasn't delivered in an overly creative (or amazingly 'fluid', yuck yuck) enough way to make up for the content...
- Pent impressed me the most with his start -- and yet - disappointed me the most with his finish -- which stood out more due to a REAL ILL start imo.
- Geno had gems intermixed throughout, and in parts that i thought fell off vs. his best, he didn't fall off as much... it felt more fluid and consistent conceptually -- like Geno wrote his verse in one sitting, and Pent wrote the first part on an awesome high and the second part during a horrible hangover lol...

Very cool read fellas - hope the above makes sense. I expect love for this feedback cuz i just spent an hour breaking this down and i have NO TIME yo lol

vote - Genocide

stay up fellas.

Sharp
10-22-2013, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-TY1isvhJs?t=28s

INTERVIEW WITH DEATH

Alright, its sharp nine here with the young gawd DLB aka Death. Whats good my dude?

just chillin, killin, and fulfillin man. sup on yo side of the tracks og

I'm fantastic, thanks for asking. First off, do you have any response to allegations from accused child molester Tyson that you're an Uncle Tom?

he's an accused child molester. there's no responding to that. he lurks in little ice cream trucks at 10 pm looking for kids. his real name is dontral. i could see why he's so angry at me, my name sound like i ain't even black. i was disowned from being a nigger at birth tbh. he prob live next to aero in the same ghetto

lmao fair enough, fair enough, FAIR ENOUGH. You don't have to tell him a damn thing. So what's your text history? Any other sites aside from netcees?

this is the ancient story of the lulz tbh. basically i started off w/ potential. about 7 yrs ago, i was the malachi of the internet. Barcotic would bully me in horrorcore, Hush and Vylint bullied me in txt, every txtcee bullied me in pic battles. i ain't have a niche for a while. and niggas was running through while dlb was down tryna take shots. so i went Stone ColDLB Steve Austin on niggas. i was like "nahhhhhhhhh motherfucker, you gettin a can of whoop ass". hit a couple niggas w/ the Stunner, ain't nobody messing w/ me. i beat Lama into an alias. I trolled RB into a dead end. I trolled NC for a while. i'm the best textcee at 18 and under tbh. Hush, Orc, Barcotic, etc. them niggas raised me under their wing and now i'm the top troll/ one of the top txtcees prospering.

Word, word. Speaking of Malachi, you got any relationship advice for the young gawd of boarding?

bags trolling that nigga lmao he ain't even gonna get this bitch tbh. he listening to a 30 yr old dude who not in touch with young pussy anymore. dlb was just texting bitches drake lyrics in his teens and bitches was begging me for my virginity g. bitches was tryna ask my parents if i could give them the D, shit was weird. i almost fucked a co-worker who knew my step-mom too, shit be crazy when u dlb.

Lmao nice. What are your thoughts on the current state of Netcees?

shit's boring. niggas talk about NC being great, it's the 2013 RB w/ less abusive mods but 0 lulz. minus like the usual lulz, bags and company. niggas on NC just boring now, we can't have no intelligent debates cause niggas is ignorant. can't have ignorant debates cause then niggas wanna be intelligent. and the trolls on NC don't hold a candle to DLB in his prime. i ran the site w/o mod powers g, now veritas is the top troll and he's like the worst boarder. he has an alias for everything but none are remotely funny. niggas on NC actin stupid tbh. we have a debate about black ppl acting like it's the "white man's fault" they're still in the slums. t's 20 fucking 13, black ppl own pop culture but don't make a fortune off of itwho's fault is that? the dumbasses not making $$$. and i get called uncle tom cause i'm smart enough to know my shit lol.

Preach. On to text, who are your top 5 or so active right now?

top 5 text to me
orc
hush
dom pretty cool to me
neighbor is the dude spitting some canibus type shit i gotta google but he spit hot fire
blue bayou is always consistently dope. he should be HOF soon tbh
i would include beyond in this but dude dedicated his life to txt. i bet he has printouts of everyone's verses on his wall
i bet he printed out every txtcee's picture from pic battles too and got them next to it with a dart through it once he beats them
kar also could go on this list but he like the NYGiants right now
aero is one of the most overrated dudes to ever txt tbh
illnika aka gta vice city is also pretty dope

lmaooo I think Kar's capable of pulling out a win right now but respectable list. Didn't you just go on a hiatus, goodbye thread an everything?

yeah, i was planning on leaving for a while, cause i been slacking on college but i just realized i got bored of txt, and i've been trying to get back on making music so poof, i'll rarely be on anymore. i got fall break so i have nothing else to do. im still on txt hiatus tho, indefinitely.

I get that too well, I'm in my junior year of college. Can't let it get in the way of what you're doing. I'm getting close to passing out right now so I'll offer you the floor here - any thoughts/shoutouts/callouts/quips/quotes/etc you'd like to leave the NC community with?

"a wise man told me don't argue with fools, cause ppl from a distance can't tell who is who"
u don't know who said that either b. lol im the music man, infinite wisdom. shoutout to the gods, salute to all the g's nationally and internationally. sup to malachi, the dlb of the future. hush, sup young vic. sup gow, holla. sup orc aka NC's justin timberlake. h.t, holla whenever u come back to life

dlb is out g

OUTRO

Shit, I wrote this in one shot lmao. I wanted to do this though, since you guys do deserve some sort of mag. Keep on keeping on in the BA and hopefully I’ll be motivated to write up a better one in the future. For now, I got a public speaking class to prepare for so peace

ADDENDUMS
Blew through this, so I'm doing this to fix up anything I missed
-Adding a few more battles to review section

Split
10-22-2013, 12:28 AM
that namix vote gave me dick cancer

PancakeBrah
10-22-2013, 12:58 AM
mael's ahead of me yet i beat mael.

i have had a topical battle open since july.

sharp this is average as fuck right now.

DLB
10-22-2013, 12:59 AM
thank u txt jesus

King Karaoke
10-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi...

Good mag bro...

Bye...

Sharp
10-22-2013, 01:01 AM
mael's ahead of me yet i beat mael.

i have had a topical battle open since july.

sharp this is average as fuck right now.

you also no show and don't get in links... im not trying to reward that. I'll make a special topical section next time

PancakeBrah
10-22-2013, 01:02 AM
;-)

Split
10-22-2013, 01:07 AM
im also undefeated in BA topicals since the inception of the BA?

Sharp
10-22-2013, 01:08 AM
for real, if one of you guys wants to do a quick writeup on topicals for this or the next mag that'd be appreciated

Meth
10-22-2013, 01:10 AM
I enjoy when cake calls sharp average

Good mag

StarFaggot
10-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Great mag. Glad to see BA is being consistent. Could've found someone more relevant to interview than Death though. Snooze fest.

DLB
10-22-2013, 01:35 AM
im sure they'd love to interview carlton though

Allen Knight
10-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Werd dope mag

StarFaggot
10-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Anything other than the snooze fest you put out. Your troll personality is about as terrible as one of your text verses. Give it up.

DLB
10-22-2013, 01:37 AM
says the white person impersonating a black person

awesome input though, im sure you'll be black one day

StarFaggot
10-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Ehh.

Dominate
10-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Good shit sharp

Mael
10-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Cool mag, Sharp. Thanks for the mentions, I'll def try to battle more.

StarFaggot
10-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Mael you must want this work

namix
10-22-2013, 01:44 PM
that namix vote gave me dick cancer
?

real nice mag Sharp!

Franco
10-22-2013, 02:04 PM
cool mag.

King Ra.
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Sharp the God.

Sharp
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Sharp the God.

oh shit when'd you get back my dude?

King Ra.
10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Like 2 weeks ago.

That battle record looks bawse. Great mag, sir.

Sharp
10-22-2013, 08:01 PM
much obliged, hope I can write about your triumphs in the next one

Ghost1
10-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Good job, guy

I didnt kno i still battled either?

Huh, go figure...

Mael
10-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Mael you must want this work

COME AT ME, BRO.

Sicc
01-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Definitely a nice read.

Like that vote as well as all votes should be structured in the same manor. Not only to ridicule but to leave constructive criticism to help the "Emcee's" elevate in the area's that's being critiqued.

Nice magazine tho, props Sharp Nine for actually taking the time to put all of this material together.

StarFaggot
01-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I like how I'm successful and DLB isn't yet he hates his own race. I could buy your mother DLB. You're too dark to hate your own race you came straight from Africa.