PDA

View Full Version : K2 extinction event description.

zygote
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
65 million years ago a massive rock is a threat.
It tears through the atmosphere in a sec,
ready to slam into the earth with a catastrophic effect.
As it approaches the sky changes its light gradient,
from a normal day - to a bright radiance,
the impact incinerates everything within a mile radius.
It all ignites simultaneous, acid rain and forest fires rage,
offshore colliding plates cause seismic quakes and tidal waves.
Dust clouds blocked out all ultraviolet rays.
As the sunlight fades even the brightest day becomes a lighter grey.
Climate change into a cold and icy age,
plants couldn’t photosynthesize without energy at the vital phase.
Much less plant life remained,
with no plants to provide, supply, and sustain, food was scarce and life was strained.
Bigger megafauna like the brontosaurus died right away,
followed by the apex predators who couldn’t find their prey.
Survivors were microraptors, feathered dinosaurs still in a flightless stage,
small mammals living underground and inside of caves,
and crocodiles with their low metabolism could hibernate.
Mammals emerged strong where they had been weak.
Isolated populations meant that genetic variation increased, and species diversified filling evolutionary niche.
The age of reptile dominance had ceased from extinction the age of mammals was conceived.

Nigma
02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
It was as though, before clicking on the link and reading the verse, it was already ingrained into deeper realms of my mind. It was as I thought. What it was, among other things, was a good read. It was also educational. It was a verse I deem better as a stand alone then a collaboration. In essence, it was what it is and it is what it should be.

Aside from being an adequate depictions of the documentary that stemmed the topic, this could be interpreted as a solid storytelling piece full of the imagery you'd expect to see post cataclysmic effect. I will enjoy this piece with a different speculative point of view then most, however I am sure that most will enjoy this, good drop, I'm sure the future has a collaboration lined up for the two of us still.

gitto138
07-15-2014, 05:45 AM
This was interestin for me, in a way, a more in-depth description detailing the concept was promptly in need of an artistic coherent view, all in all nice piece to read, bit short none the less but howsoever pulled t off discreetly lol

Kin
07-15-2014, 11:08 AM
so thats how mammals came to existence ...

ay' this shit is crazy...kinda on some ol' school Canibus shit...but with a better ability to tell a story...

is this Zygotic Embryo by any chance??? seems it's gotta be

this shit is Niiiiiiiice

kept me entertained...great writing throughout tha whole piece

HoLLa

DexLabb
07-15-2014, 07:35 PM
u gettin too baked and watching discovery again bro?

UnbornBuddha
07-18-2014, 02:18 PM
This was short, nice, and eloquent. There's not much to say about it considering it was so well done. Everything linked together nicely; Each line took as it foundation the precedent one. The rhyme scheme was consistent, and the content was obviously thematically based on a prehistoric basis. I also enjoy the plunge you took us as we journeyed in our minds through the process of destruction that unraveled through a continuum/ chain. Keep up the good work.

JESODIST
07-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Nice story bro, You are nothing short of a science fiction rapper.
People like you are the reason why i keep writing. Everything was consistent.

Friend Zone Fred Zim
07-23-2014, 02:43 PM
gfewd

YDK
07-23-2014, 09:42 PM
I loved this piece simply because I fucking LOVE dinosaurs lmfao
the flow here wasn't impeccable as I've come to expect from you but the imagery and the detailed account of how everything occurred was really outstanding.
Considering how much depth there really was with the different era's of dinosaurs (Jurassic, Mesozoic cretaceous etc) you really could have written probably ten times the length of this so you did well keeping it brief while still fitting a ton of relative information in AND keeping it interesting and rhyming...which is very hard to do all at once.
So props on this bro, keep scribing

Sir Oswald Gonesberg
08-20-2014, 05:44 PM
WELL SAID, ZY

Adonis
08-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Hmm. Reminds me of my comet verse. I see you jockin jay z jockin jay z.

Good shit though broseph. Wish you were in town for the short line tournament