PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Mag - Sixth Edition

Mike Wrecka
11-05-2013, 10:08 PM
]http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png
Season 2

Sixth Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FwFYzv0q2U

Whats up people. Welcome back for the latest edition of the AOWL magazine. We have alot to talk about so lets jump right in. Look for in this edition, Predictions by Pancakebrah, this guy put in work on these previews, they are a must peep. We have Power Rankings and Certains Corner by everyones second favorite AOWL mod Certain! We have yours truly, Mike Wrecka dropping a video reviewing last weeks action! And last but definitely least, no typo, is Frank with a interview as a guest writer. He is hyped for this lets, should be awesome. I have added a few more sections to this mag just to make it even that much more entertaining. Most of the special sections have nothing to do with text or the AOWL so check it out, or dont. This week we have the reigning title holder Mr. J going up against Sir Francis so that should be a slobber knocker. YDK is back after his bitch fit only proving what i have found out repeatedly this season. The AOWL is crack. you can try to quit writing for it but it will pull you back quick. Peep that Noreaga song i posted above. Dope Song off his newest album. This week Cert picked out the topics. They are photographs depicting real life. Should be intriguing. We got Vulgar vs. Pancakbrah and Genocide vs. Zygote. I think those two matches have three of my favorite top five writers in it (wont say who, ha) so ya wow, who is better than us? Adonis has a contender match up no one thinks he deserves. Thats good! Use it Adonis! Go berzerk. Or dont. the choice is yours. Ok lets take a look at last weeks battles, take it away handsome

Week 6 reviews - by Mike Wrecka

now lets take a look at this weeks match ups

Week 7 Predictions - by Pancakebrah

Title Match: Mr. J (5-1) vs. Frank (4-2)
Dope as a Title Match should be. Some of the same criticisms I had of Mr. J's style still stand. He lacks a bit of empathy in his verses but that's personal preference. His flow is smooth, content on point, and he's consistent, week in week out. I found out he's actually Qwarterz and I always enjoyed a Qwarterz verse on the old netcees. I suppose his alias let me be more critical of him last go around of predictions, losing the preconception I would've had had I known it was Qwarterz the whole time through. His verse last week was probably my favorite of his throughout the season and solidified his spot as a deserving champ. Frank is Frank. He wrote 100+ lines and stirred up some controversy last week, as he's wont to do, but dropped arguably the best piece of the week, in a vacuum. It'll be interesting to see how he does with a more restrictive line limit, with less room to breathe and flesh out his shorter lines into something of substance. Regardless, this has battle of the week potential, as the Champ Match obviously should. If both show it's close in terms of skill with Frank having the edge in terms of technique but Qwarterz's consistency and ability to work within a smaller framework makes me think he'll take a closely contested match.
Qwarterz 55/45

Contendership: Certain (5-1) vs. Adonis (3-2)
Certain just shut out Vulgar in votes which should go on his resume. Vulgar didn't submit a weak verse, either. Certain just stepped up to the plate and served notice to anyone thinking he doesn't deserve his spot at the table. I've said it before but Certain's style is one of my favorite on the site, one that I feel is similar to how I try to write. Crisp wording and phrasing, usually within the framework of an original idea/take on the topics he's presented. Adonis is solid. His verse last week only reinforced my opinion about his writing; he has occasional flourishes where he looks like he has the talent to maybe champ the league during the regular season but these little bursts are surrounded by sometimes flawed wording and inconsistent rhythm. I'm not entirely sure if he's committed to elevating; that he maybe thinks too highly of his own writing to take the time to step back and identify weaknesses. That's a bit presumptuous, but its the feel that I get. I'm not overly impressed by his takes on his topics or his storylines, either. He has potential, the key is progressing. As it stands now, Certain is one of my favorite reads in the league and I think he'll take this one. Should be a good battle.
Certain 70/30

PancakeBrah (3-1) vs. Vulgar (3-1)
I'm motivated. Vulgar is motivated. We have completely different styles, both with their own inherent positives and subsets of voter appreciation. I'm taking this as seriously as a topical battle should be taken. Good luck, it has the potential to be a classic.

Vividlyvague (4-2) vs. patrown (3-2)
Vividlyvague's done well for himself in the league but I still haven't read too much from him. Same with patrown. I think I've read a patrown verse somewhere, some time. I'm a bit more familiar with Vivid, I suppose, and he's been a contender in the league. This is my least thorough breakdown and I apologize to both writers. I'll make a point to read and vote on this match. Good luck.
Vividlyvague 55/45

breathless (2-3) vs. Split Eight (2-1)
Interesting. I've like a few of breathless's entries in the league, and I voted for him last week. He's probably a bit better than an under .500 writer. He has a pretty unique way of writing, at times, with random displays of wording I really enjoy. I don't think he's quite at the level of some of the better writers in the league and seems hung up on his audio background but he's a threat to make his matches close contests. He's going against Split who has given him the harshest critique out of anyone in the league via votes, often breaking down his verses to a core level and questioning his overarching purposes and reasoning for what he writes, so I assume he'll be motivated. Split Eight has his own style, separate from pretty much everyone else in the league. It's a disservice to call it studious writing because he has a real knack for emotion when he chooses to and can paint a situation and idea about as well as anyone. I believe he's a legitimate threat come playoff time if he continues to show without having real life or whatever it is he does get in the way. This should be a unique read, but a bit one-sided in my opinion. Wouldn't be shocked if breathless made it close, though, as Split's style can be a bit inaccessible and less than voter-friendly.
Split 65/35

Genocide (1-1) vs. ZYG (0-1)
More interesting. This is a clash of writing machines lacking a bit of personality. Certain's Corner in the last mag already expounded on this but Geno has arguably the best flow of anyone writing in any writing venue on Netcees. AOWL or Open Mic. The problem is that outside of his flow, which is impeccable, you can predict a Geno verse from the jump. His content needs a new turn, something that turns the readers' heads and say 'Geno wrote this?". Even if he doesn't mean it he needs to find a new springboard. Zygote is the master of styles with a mastery of mechanics but when you read him it feels like a robot even when he dives into the emotional/empathy side of writing. He has purposefully mastered this persona but I think that people are looking for something fresh from him. He kept reader interest in the onset by switching and imitating styles with top notch (TOP NOTCH) rhymes and schemes but I think the audience has realized that he has a mastery of the technical side of writing. What we're looking for now is some humanity. This is a close clash in styles but in different ways. Both writers have complete control of the technical aspects necessary to win any league (Geno is steadfast in it; Zygote exemplifies the multitude of styles) but the league wants them to do something new, or at least I do. Branch out. This is too close to call. I reserve one 51/49 prediction every time in my write-ups and this is it. I'll go with Geno for consistency but I want each of them to surprise me.
Geno 51/49

Mike Wrecka (2-4) vs. Zenland (2-4)
I agree with Certain's assessment that both of these writer's are better than their records indicate. Last week was the first week I didn't vote for Zenland so in my mind he's a 5-1 writer albeit not against the top competition. Mike is the WCL champ, and well deserved. Mike in the last two weeks has disappointed me, though. He's better than his entries in those weeks and I'm not entirely sure why he's not a force to be reckoned with in this league. I know he's running this whole league (and doing a damn good job of it) and has wavered in terms of signing in/out, so I'm not sure his heart is completely in it. If he decides to dedicate he can win this. Zenland, on the other hand, really let me down last week. Prior to last week he was my pick for the most underrated in the league; someone who wasn't dominating but who I felt was writing dope shit. When he's on he can write some interesting rhyme patterns that I feel some voters don't catch. This is a high variance battle, based on Mike's dedication and Zen's adherence to topic. I think both writers exemplify the inherent talent in this league but if I'm going with my gut it has to be Mike. It's a tough decision as I appreciate both writers but I have to go with the pedigree when consistency is in question. I look forward to it.
Mike 55/45

Diode (1-0) vs. TYSON (1-1)
Word. I didn't read any of Diode's archives, I only noticed he posted an entire archive hoping for feedback before transitioning to Hall of Names. His verse last week was okay; the twist was good but his overall writing mechanics need some work. If he wants to win a champ during the regular season or be a force in the playoffs he needs to expand his thoughts and not rely on his own story mechanics. The devil is in the details, the devil is in the nuance, in this league. He has the necessary confidence necessary to champ this but he needs to understand that Vulgar, Frank, Certain, Split, and (if I do say so myself) I'm in this league. We all can do twists; it's not necessarily difficult. It's combining unique takes on stories, with twists if necessary, or reflections with mastery of language and recognition of the current Netcees writing zeitgeist. He's not a slouch, but I'm not sure he's quite versed enough to be a threat. Tyson is a topical mainstay who needs to just be better. No offense. Read some fiction, read some top pieces, write your ass off, do something. I have not left one of your verses feeling like you've done anything new or that you've showed me a new rhyme, scheme, or idea. It's all bland. I think Diode gets a second win relatively easily but I think it doesn't help him in the long term.
Diode 60/40

symetrik (2-1) vs. ThisIsDAM (0-0)
symetrik is borderline dope. He's a proto-dope writer who just needs a bit more length of piece and a bit more exposure. I can't recall ThisIsDam.
symetrik 60/40

YDK (3-3) vs. Innovator (2-3)
YDK went full bitch mode after losing by one vote to Frank in the contendership match. I would be fine losing to Frank by one vote in a match. He wrote, in my opinion, the best verse he's submitted in this league last week and if he drops like that from here on out he's a playoff threat. Don't trip on results of battles, focus on your own level of writing. It's improving leaps in my estimation. Innovator has a rep among the AOWL writer subculture I'm not a part of but I vaguely remember checking out one of his pieces on a lark and being a bit impressed. I think YDK is motivated, Innovator was just ok in my mind before I read that unnamed piece. Close call.
YDK 55/45

Special Feature - SPORTS - by Mike Wrecka

I had the idea to add some sports related stuff to the mag just for the hell of it. Yes i could do current sports stories and headlines but i mean come on, we all know Aaron Rodgers is hurt for Green Bay. Snooze fest. Instead I am going to completely alienate the target audience right now and talk about some Classic Sports moments!! Fuck ya.

Well first off, if you havent watched this ESPN montage of the greatest sports moments of the last century 1900-2000 watch it now. If you have seen it, watch it again. I cant get enough of it and have watched it endlessly for 13 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQwkO3Rxr4

A few thoughts , as a huge sports fan this video is like a retelling of my life in some ways. I remember where I was for most these moments. And the ones i wasnt born for are just classic. You have the best two calls in sports history here, "Down goes Frazier, Down goes Frazier" and "The Giants win the Pennant, the Giants win the Pennant, the Giants win the Pennant!". Gives me chills everytime. Personally for me, as a New Yorker, watching Messier hold the Stanley Cup thus ending the 54 year drought for the Rangers is the greatest moment as a sports fan. Never again will we be tormented with the 1940 chants. Watching Wade Boggs ride on the police horse after the Yankees won the World Series in 1996 a close second. The beginning of a dynasty. Please feel free to add your own favorites in the thread below.

One moment in this video that is only flashed so very briefly, maybe a half second at most, is the Secretariat Belmont Stakes 31 length win. He won the Triple Crown in what I consider the single greatest atheletic feat in the history of sports and it took place right here in Long Island, New York. What he accomplished that day was literally unbelievable. It was a performance that will never be equaled. There are reports of grown men, hardened gamblers sitting and weeping like little girls marveling at the incredible and mind boggling achievement that they just witnessed. When I first watched the race at the age of 14 or so on ESPN Classic, knowing the results and the legend well ahead of time, I stood up in the middle of the race and screamed "He is going to kill the horse!". I was referring to Ron Turcotte, Secretariat's jockey, allowing his horse to run such a torrid and insane pace in the longest race in America, the 1 and a half mile Belmont. The test of champions as it is referred to. Many people watching the race live had the same response, racing experts cursed Turcotte during the race saying that he blew his chance at the Triple Crown and his horse would never finish the race. Well everyone was wrong. We saw an amazing performance that day. It would be the equivelent of someone dunking a basketball on a fifteen foot hoop. Or throwing a fastball 130 mph. It just doesnt make sense. Things made of flesh and bone cannot do what he did that day. The amazing call of "And Secretariat is moving like a tremendous machine" is immortalized and was spot on. Take a look for yourself before i keep gushing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4f6wiQJh4[/QUOTE]

mind numbing stuff. Ok lets move back to text and on to CC

Certain's Corner - by Certain

Charles Dickens told great stories. But was he a great storyteller? That topic came up recently in a Discussion board conversation between oats, oXis and myself. The theme is recurring, spanning many authors, particularly verbose ones such as Dickens and Stephen King.

The issue is tight writing. Dickens literally was paid by the word. His stories were published as serials in magazines of the era, and he fluffed them out to ensure each story stretched out for a longer period of time. King writes prolifically and doesn't edit down his work, making most of his books huge.

Nearly everyone claims to appreciate tight writing. "Brevity is the soul of wit," we say, and the emphasis is clear: Wordiness is worthless. Yet here we sit, taking in a very strange Week 6 starring two line-limit controversies at the top of the rankings. Vividlyvague says he didn't have the time to cut back his 80-line monster for the championship match, which was disqualified because Mr. J did not approve a line extension. And YDK asked for one only to be hammered by Frank's usual sheistiness, his 56-line verse going heads-up with Frank's 100-liner.

It's not easy to write short. "Vag" was astute in pointing that out. To hear him tell it, his imagination writes long. But to carefully edit a verse in order to maximize its impact (while not making it unreadable or indecipherable) is its own gift.

Strategy itself has to change when writing short. Plots must be streamlined, and character development must come in short, effective bursts. Unfortunately, even well-done short verses tend to draw negative feedback as shallow or incomplete. While I disagree with the premise YDK would have beaten Frank had they gone equal lines, it's impossible to know. But it's easy to say both, along with with Vividlyvague, could have cut down on their verses to make them better, smoother reads.

In praise of short verses, let's take a look at four effective ones from this season.

symetrik, Week 6
Last line topic: "Now I know, and knowing is half the battle."
Approach: A closeted gay man is married to a woman, who slowly puts together the pieces of why her husband is so distant, particularly sexually.
Length: 18 lines, 192 words.
What worked: symetrik used very specific and crisp metaphors to allow the reader to put together the story without being yelled at aboutit. I particularly liked these lines: "Her tepid moans improved it.She thought our lack of intercourse implied that I'm abusive," in which he cleverly unveils issues in bed.
What didn't work: A lot of voters seemed lost. The second stanza strayed a little too far away from the verse as a whole and made it possible that people wouldn't put together all the clues.
Result: Beat TYSON 6-4.

patrown, Week 4
Elemental topic: Wind
Approach: A group is trapped in a house amid an unspecified conflict, attempting to keep together a family.
Length: 17 lines, 165 words.
What worked: patrown's grasp of action sequences and fast phrasing is wonderful. He doesn't bog these types of stories down with much in the way of character or setting development and instead puts you right into the action, with every line holding a lot of meaning.
What didn't work: Every voter felt a bit short-changed by the brevity of the verse. The unsettled images strained against a more finished product from his opponent.
Result: Lost to Mr. J 5-0.

King Ra., Week 2
Quote topic: "When you win, nothing hurts." — Joe Namath.
Approach: A girl is determined to save her world against evil with nothing but her sword and her willpower.
Length: 23 lines, 259 words.
What worked: King Ra. brings you right into the heat of battle, literally, with this potent fighter facing battle against a lethal enemy. The action is crisp, and the writing matches it well. He builds on your assumed knowledge of folklore and creates this memorable heroine.
What didn't work: The stakes were never fully formed, and the world was never established.
Result: Beat PancakeBrah 5-3.

PancakeBrah, Week 2
Quote topic: "When you win, nothing hurts." — Joe Namath.
Approach: A boy obsesses over a girl, writing her text messages and clinging to every word, until he finally gets what he wants, unless he doesn't.
Length: 33 (short) lines, 242 words.
What worked: PancakeBrah's use of language can be astounding, particularly on topics such as these. He used very relatable and specific images to allow readers to form their own pictures and understandings of what was happening.
What didn't work: Mostly, the connection to the topic was somewhat tenuous, but he also didn't provide as much clarity as some voters wanted.
Result: Lost to King Ra. 5-3.

Shorter verses are a risk. Again, no one seems to want to admit it, but we expect verses of a reasonable length in these leagues. When we see a short verse, before even reading a word, there's an assumption that there will be something missing. But maybe there's something more important present, something most longer verses lack. Give shorter verses a fair chance and a few reads. At the very least, they should hold your attention

Power Index - by Certain

Every week, I will rank the top 10 competitors in the league. These rankings will not be official or have any bearing on anything aside from my rankings. The goal will be to measure who is doing best in the league (excluding myself). You will not always agree, and I encourage you to post your own rankings. These are not verse of the week rankings, to be clear. They often won't line up with results or even necessarily with my own votes. So deal with it and enjoy them for what they are.

10. Vividlyvague (4-2)
He seemed to intentionally shoot himself in the foot last week, but hopefully the reduction in pressure will help him bounce back.

9. patrown (3-2)
Like raccoons, he scavages for wins in the dead of the night and often comes back successful.

8. Adonis (3-2)
He's already conceded this week, even though he's written well the last few weeks.

7. Split Eight (2-1)
Inevitably, he will write too abstractly for his own good at some point.

6. YDK (3-3)
The sign-out move was silly, but the way he has improved from week to week is tremendous.

5. Genocide (1-1)
He might have had the best verse of last week, but I still don't think he'll be willing to step out of himself when the time comes.

4. Vulgar (3-1)
Everything he writes seems like a small part of a giant body of work that forms a statement about world corruption.

3. PancakeBrah (3-1)
He's really gone on a rhyming tangent lately, seemingly challenging himself for uniqueness but still putting together good verses.

2. Frank (4-2)
He didn't need to write 100 lines. But that's Frank.

1. Mr. J (5-1)
I thought his verse was better than Vividlyvague's, anyway, but I don't blame him for not allowing the line extension.

Special Feature - ENTERTAINMENT - by Mike Wrecka

What do I find entertaining? This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSY2_aC8WQ

Interview - by Frank

[U]Interview with YDK

frank: Welcome AOWL to your first installment of the Frank Show. Today we have special guest YDK. YDK, What does YDK stand for anyway? yankee doodle kitten caboodle????? No seriously. What does YDK stand for and how did you come about choosing that name?

ydk: Honestly I always went by yd (Whitey) cuz that was a nickname in school. Kinda a sarcastic name cuz I only got along wit black ppl lol well my yd account got banned on RB so I just added a k...I guess now it stands for something that starts with y...David kuhn

frank: Interesting. So you were brought up in black neighborhood in a trailer park? It's funny how you just added the K after people kept banning you like you came to the realization people were just going to keep banning you. Do you ever stop and think, I should create an acronym out of YDK? If so what would it be, off top.

ydk: You dont know Lol na I grew up in right in between the country an the hood an never liked hill billies cuz the redneck shit is gay as fuck

frank: Where are you from? And how has it shaped you as a Artist?

ydk: Im from Kentucky like 15 mins from Cincinnati, an I guess being around nothing but small cities an shit helped me stand out in the community with my writing. Nobody at my schools could really write like me so I was a published poet by 4th grade

frank: Yeah what Im mean is who are your influences muscially from your state - what kind of sound is kentucky known for?

ydk: Nappy roots is the only ppl I know of from here that I listened to growing up, I really listened to eminem an lil Wayne's old shit an stuff like guns n roses an other random musicians. Nobody else in particular

frank: Ok who's your top 5 topical writers on netcees? And where do you see yourself?

ydk: I see myself at the top just unproven lol but vulgar pent up certain and you but only CIA I'm like 0-3 against you. I. Think anybody can beat anybody tho

frank: No doubt. You've been in a couple seasons, how does this league compare to the leagues of past? Talent wise? Management wise? How do you feel this Season ranks up their with the AOWL 1 NWL 1 AND 2?

ydk: This season is easily the most talent filled one I've been in yet honestly. Ppl I've competed against before plus a ton of new guys I haven't, text ain't dead is an understatement. I think the competition this season got to my head last week being so close to a champ match, so fuck you and you 100 bar verse for talkin that from me lol

frank: Yeah well you was talking shit. So you caught a slap upside your head. I made an example of you. lol Speaking of examples, what kind of example do you hope to set for your kids? Did your girlfriend hear about your meltdown? Do you bring the board home? Does she know my Name? Or do you turn off the screen and forget all about it? Did that lose affect your real life?

ydk: Yeah I acutally my her wear a hi my name is Frank sticker an beat the shit out of her in front of the kids, I smacked her with a hundred bars of soap yelling "hows those excessive bars feel now FRANK!?"
and after she came out of the fetal position I took her sticker off and asked wat heppened to her

frank: What is your writing process like? Are you high on pills? Do you need silence? What is your ideal writing situation? Is it a chicken parimagian with a blunt on th3e patio? Or is it a quiet atmosphere, after you put your kid to sleep? How do you get your best writing done? What is the perfect sceniaro for a YDK verse

ydk: The perfect scenario would me hearing a new verse on the radio pulling over on the side of the road by myself and using the verses inspiration to go with my feelings atm to write exectly wat I want. But the best scenario I can usually get is doing a perc when everybody's sleeping Sittin on the toilet for an hour an perfecting the one or two bars I had written through out the day lol

frank: Yeah a lot writers seem to gather their thoughts while their in the bathroom, either on the edge of the tub or on the toilet, why do you think that is?

ydk: Probably because nobody has much reading material lol all you got is a small room a locked door an your own thoughts

frank: You almost ODed during NWL season 2, you talked about giving pills up? What happened?

ydk: With the od I just had alot of free percs an was going through a rough patch an realized I needed to stop. Now I do em very rarely cuz my family an bills are more important so when I do em its actually for pain and to relax. Definitely managing them better now

frank: Yeah you ever find yourself getting high off what you write? Afterall writing is the ultimate drug

ydk: In a way yeah, but I'm so ocd wit my verses I'm hardly ever happy enough with one to get that happy "high" off it

frank: Yeah so you said your shit was published, how did that come about and has it been profitable? How do our readers go about getting published?

ydk:The first time I was published was as I said 4th grade, I won a poetry competition against everybody in the school and was put in whatever book it was that was holding the comp. After that I won a few others on poetry websites an my college's writing comp. So I figured I'd write my own book an cut the middle man lol just Google publishers did some reasearch got accepted and a few months later an a lot of paper work I had a book for sale on Barnes and noble borders and a couple other sites

frank: you steadily stepped up your avy , shout outs to certain and others for making that happen. Which textcee, judging by their online persona could steal your girl based on their lyrical prowess?

ydk: None of em tbh, that's not my ego speaking, it just...she love my tongue work lol

frank:Has the avy changed the way we vote? If their was no avy, no identity, how do you think most writers would fare? Do you think the usernames avy affect your vote?

ydk:Naw I don't think so, I mean personally I judge ppls avys an might think o they're new or damn that's tight, but nothing skill related

frank: Yesterday November. 5Th did you vote? Whats your stand on politics?

ydk: Na I ain't vote on anything yet this week. And fuck politics. They should get rid of the Democrats and Republicans and any other 3rd party's and just let ppl vote for the best candidate that can try an fix something lol

frank :well said. what are your predictions for week 7

ydk:
Title Match: Mr. J (5-1) vs. Frank (4-2)
I honestly haven't seen much of Mr J's stuff to know wat he's about but I hope he writes a thousand bars against a short verse from you and wins

Contendership: Certain (5-1) vs. Adonis (3-2)
This could be really interesting, certains been on a roll but Adonis has the potential to sneak the win, certain 65/35

PancakeBrah (3-1) vs. Vulgar (3-1)
Pancake just annoys me with his ego and I think vulgar could set him in his place after the loss last week vulgar 70/30

Vividlyvague (4-2) vs. patrown (3-2)
Vivid started off strong this season an is still finding his style, patrown is an up an comer feasting on the learning experience. I got patrown in an upset 55/45

breathless (2-3) vs. Split Eight (2-1)
Fuck split and his bipolar ass snide comments Lol breathless by a vote

Genocide (1-1) vs. ZYG (0-1)
Could be battle of the week if both bring there best 50-50

Mike Wrecka (2-4) vs. Zenland (2-4)
Both have somehow managed to not have a winning record, this goes to whoever wants it more bit I got Zen with a close one 60/40

Diode (1-0) vs. TYSON (1-1)
Don't know either very well but diode impressed me last week diode 55/45

symetrik (2-1) vs. ThisIsDAM (0-0)
Who knows

YDK (3-3) vs. Innovator (2-3)
Im switching my style up again to a more basic one this week. Inno might get me because of it 50/50

frank: okay we're going to take a question from our audience

patrown: How'd YDK land some ass that fine when his baby got arms bigger then he does?

ydk: Well considering my daughter don't have bigger arms.that's irrelevant anyways, the big enough ta pick her up an fuc her. Besides it ain't my arm size she craves

frank: Okay that about does it, what do you want to tell the league, the floor is yours

ydk: Vote for Pedro! Side note, I'm gonna change my name to Pedro.
but incase I don't...vote for ydk!
And fuck Frank
thanks Frank

frank: This has been a live broad casting of The Frank Show. All proceeds went to YDKs babies trust fund. Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

!@#$%&*

Outro - by Mike Wrecka

Hope you liked. We added in some more features to the mag. Enjoy. Should be a dope week. AOWL, we stay killing it. Best league on the net.

Text isn't dead. Its alive and thriving in the AOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa3gO7tL-c

PZ outro

symetrik
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Position lost, fuck.
I'll pour myself some vodka to getting it back.

PancakeBrah
11-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I should've beat King Ra.

I'm still relatively bitter.

Nice mag. Watching video portion now.

Diode
11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
fyi i did not post that looking for feedback, i posted it because i wasn't sure if PR was going down for good with these fucking saudis at the helm. then split pm'd me about the hall of names and i told him to move it there.

JUST AN FYI.

Zen
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
This is some good shit.

PancakeBrah
11-05-2013, 10:27 PM
fyi i did not post that looking for feedback, i posted it because i wasn't sure if PR was going down for good with these fucking saudis at the helm. then split pm'd me about the hall of names and i told him to move it there.

JUST AN FYI.

Word.

Certain
11-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Rocky V? Really?

patrown
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
i enjoyed MW's matter of fact, fuck you, approach. refreshing, honest. good shit.

and CC came through this week. keep that up man. enjoyed the advice on character development and plot streamlining. that's shit i needed to hear. waiting till like eleven before i start negative repping YDK.

zygote
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol that is funny ha ha, but I am only a fellow RELEVANT_SPECIES.txt just like you are.

Frank
11-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Zygote is normal.Whatsup ZYG?

I would like to interview you.

Dope mag btw

I never before have ever asked for a line extension. Make that clear. Search the archives, ask my opponents. Mike said it would be a hell in the cell so thats what it came down too.

I aint never been shiesty, i go out of my way to comment on verses and vote every week on every battle.

If I can bring the chip back home im defending it as Red Glare, the true champion of AOWl season 2, with all due respect to black.

Very indepth magazine though. Exactly how I pictured Mike Wrecka. Almost to a T. Scary. We look alike only im more dapper.Good shit though, you almost made this shit 3d

patrown
11-06-2013, 01:28 AM
:| where that ydk interview

e11even
11-06-2013, 04:52 AM
:| where that ydk interview

e11even
11-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Position lost, fuck.
I'll pour myself some vodka to getting it back.

preach. screwdrivers over here. on my fourth. t this rate i won't be writing. sober, at least.

patrown
11-06-2013, 05:21 AM
where'd'at

YDK
11-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Lol maybe I wasn't typing as clear as I thought. I blame the al al al al al al al alcopercs

Split
11-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Mike Wrecka looks how I imagined him as well, but how talks a lot different

YDK we will always be bros because our names are both Dave

and by bro I mean never my bro, faggot

Mike Wrecka
11-06-2013, 06:48 AM
the Frank and YDK interview has been edited into the mag. very entertaining. good shit guys. Frank you delivered bro

King Ra.
11-06-2013, 07:12 AM
This is hands down the best mag of the season thus far.

Wrecka cut up with the Reviews. Lmao. I liked the little sports feature. The Rocky clip was dope. Pancake does a superb job with the predictions. I like the details. Certain, props on the shout out, but I like your two cents on writing- it helps a bunch.

Frank the Great, though. Interview with YDK was as entertaining as I expected.

Y'all have took this season and made it run smoothly. It's still very competitive, though I believe season 1 was a bit more deeper talent wise, but the voting has been better where other areas of the site lack it on a consistent basis. I'm impressed.

I should've beat King Ra.

I'm still relatively bitter.

I mentioned this before, I feel I should be 0-4 right now, I honestly didn't feel that my piece that week was really all that good, I'm surprised it got the votes it did.

These last three weeks though, whoever I face, and I hope I get 3 tough opponents since most of my competition this season has been on that level, I will be relentless. My arsenal is loaded, so bring it.

Again, props on this edition.

PancakeBrah
11-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Lol @ ydk not liking me because of my ego.

And here I thought we were friends. For shame

Vulgar
11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Props for a very entertaining watch / read. MW you had me laughing with 'you wish you soft'

breathless
11-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice mag... Really enjoyed the interview, best yet imo. I always assumed YDK stood for you don't know. And dying at patrown's audience question. Best certain's corner as well, I'd like to see that format be used again sometime, the what went right/wrong stuff and what not. Good job guys, honestly, when pat referred me to here I thought it was just going to be another forum I put my pieces and votes on and don't give a second thought about (although at RM I ended up spending most of my posts in the sanctuary) you all are really entertaining and I'm slowly becoming addicted.

Geno
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Yoooo, havnt completely read this yet, but its dope as phawk

I'm already fucking slayed by the frank show title, and I havnt even had time to read any of the damn interview. Gonna do it tonight. Good shit to everyone involved. Pz

YDK
11-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Lol I love you to Split Eight
An no worries pancake we cool, your ego with the actual battles wat I was talkin about

PancakeBrah
11-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Explain.

Zen
11-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Everybody's got an ego towards their work except me lately. I've just dropped random shit because I like it but it makes no sense unless you don't think about it.

YDK
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Explain.

Cake boarding>>>cake battling

PancakeBrah
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm not following. I could beat you in a shutout of votes so I don't understand your audacity.

Mike Wrecka
11-06-2013, 04:51 PM
were you guys familiar with that ESPN montage?

Props for a very entertaining watch / read. MW you had me laughing with 'you wish you soft'

lmao the freestyle skills are all gone. have been for a long time now but thanks for watching

breathless
11-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Damn Mike, that video was pretty damn entertaining, , didn't realize it was actually you til now, I usually skip the video parts cause they take a minute to load on my phone..straight up though I would watch em every week. Brings a lot more personalness to it... and fuck you too... Nah, just playin... But seriously... My piece last week was just a slightly embellished reference to my experience with this league and personal life, with highly vague connections to being a car wreck (trainwreck cliche). The other video had me chuckling... Watching it while taking a shit probably had my mom wondering what the fuck was going on in there... Good shit though man, very enjoyable

YDK
11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm not following. I could beat you in a shutout of votes so I don't understand your audacity.

Example to yourself lol ego is gay

Zen
11-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I just realized there's a video mag to this since I always scroll past the vids without looking at them. Now I got something to watch tomorrow.

PancakeBrah
11-06-2013, 07:22 PM
YDK why are so mad? Understand, I do want you as a fan.

I'm not getting the ego thing. If you don't like how I write we should collab. I like collabs. Strong dissonance, it could be a thing of beauty.

PancakeBrah
11-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I just realized there's a video mag to this since I always scroll past the vids without looking at them. Now I got something to watch tomorrow.

Good video review mag. I enjoyed it. You should smoke the purple dinosaur hydro and watch it on repeat; you'll see Zion.

Zen
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Good video review mag. I enjoyed it. You should smoke the purple dinosaur hydro and watch it on repeat; you'll see Zion.

Don't give me any ideas.

Geno
11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Lol, yoo. My nigga mike don't look noting like I expected.. straight G tho my nigga, big up for the vid. Dope ass mag.

Certain
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Lol, yoo. My nigga mike don't look noting like I expected.. straight G tho my nigga, big up for the vid. Dope ass mag.

I assumed y'all Skyped on a regular basis.

Geno
11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Haha, nah man.. I ain't in that circle.. remember? Lmao

J/p lol

breathless
11-06-2013, 11:39 PM

I was struck with the appearance to the douchebag brad facebook meme

Certain
11-06-2013, 11:42 PM
He reminds me more of Good Guy Greg.

http://i.imgur.com/IKBGnKX.png

breathless
11-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Lmao, where's the "if they mated" app?

YDK
11-07-2013, 01:14 AM
YDK why are so mad? Understand, I do want you as a fan.

I'm not getting the ego thing. If you don't like how I write we should collab. I like collabs. Strong dissonance, it could be a thing of beauty.

Im down for a collab, an I wasn't dissing your writing I meant it like your a good talented writer an know wat your talkin about but the ego when you talk about it makes me wish you were clueless so I could tell you shut up cake.
But when its just bullshit chat you my dude lol

breathless
11-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Im down for a collab, an I wasn't dissing your writing I meant it like your a good talented writer an know wat your talkin about but the ego when you talk about it makes me wish you were clueless so I could tell you shut up cake.
But when its just bullshit chat you my dude lol

Sí... Dude pmed me about a write week pm I sent him and I wasn't sure if I forwarded it right, then sent him another copied one asking him if it came through and never got a response, totally cried myself to sleep that night. really though, brag is just fresh enough to make it okay in my book

PancakeBrah
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Lol my bad. I did get it though! Much appreciated.

e11even
11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Lol my bad. I did get it though! Much appreciated.

i never did find my list. do you still need it? I hafta scrounge through my office.

PancakeBrah
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Nah, Strikta had a pretty big lead. Another vote wouldn't have changed the winner.

e11even
11-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Cool beans, gene.