PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 - Pinot Grij (0-1) vs. ZYG (2-2) - ZYG WINS BY NO-SHOW

Mike Wrecka
11-25-2013, 06:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png
Season 2

Rules

Verse Due Date - Saturday 23:59 PST (NO EXTENSIONS)

Voting Deadline - Monday 23:59 PST

Line Limits - 16 - 48 Max can be higher if both agree

Voting - Must vote on 3 battles and post voting links in this thread, preferably all in one post.

If you don't vote on 3 battle you will be given a loss. If you lose by votes and don't vote on other battles you receive a one week suspension.

Topic

"I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall it's buildings of concrete are"

Good Luck Pinot Grij ZYG

zygote
11-27-2013, 01:07 AM
DETACHED CONSUMERIST DYSTOPIA: ADVERTISING-CONSCIOUSNESS.

Awakened by “BUY BACON SNACKS TODAY! HEY BUDDY BUY EM!”
I feel hungry for Bacon Snacks brand cereal. Perhaps I should try them?
I drove a dispensable car to the Buy-Hall where I work selling Enviro-shoes.
The Buy-Hall is a Superstructure where goods are both produced and sold.
Incoming customers are directed by their subconscious ads.
Before the first wave, my boss entered my buy-stall; it looked like he wanted to rant.
“G.I.L. you’re a killer, a real killer, atta boy atta dude,
I love your style, love your ethic, I absolutely love your attitude!
But I hate your results, sorry dude, I gotta chew your guts,
C.E.O.’s need to move more stuff, dude you just don’t do enough!
But fuck it, you’re A.O.K., I’ll vouch for you to get on-board,
But dammit Gil, you just gotta sell a hell lot more!”

The first customer wore a Texan hat, his fist on his hip as he entered the store,
His fingers cocked into a gun – “Whachu got for me boy?” the customer drawled -
“That yonder stall’s sellin Hummer-shoes, so whachu got? Convince me!”
I told him Enivro-shoes are produced with green inputs and that they’re environmentally friendly.
The large hatted customer shook his head and was about to walk away,
I stopped him and said, “When you purchase a 3rd Enviro-shoe it’s 50 precent off today.”
“Well yeah boy, hot dog-it! Whatta bargain, you got yerself a real deal!
I’ll take them 3 Enviro-shoes, and at half price too! That’s a real steal,
Wrap and bag them doggies!” I held out the scanning device.
The fat cowboy held out his arm, I handed him his 3 Enviro-shoes and then we both moved on with our lives.

Repeat and repeat, for the next customer and next customer and so on and so on,
Staff-sellers have a ten minute break, I concentrate to make every moment feel prolonged.
A co-seller stood with me, she said “Hey Gill, how’s it going fellow staffer?
What are your plans today, you gonna do a bit of shopping after?”
“Yeah, I need to buy another DVD and music player.” I told her -
“Oh and I also want to buy some of that new Shhhhh-Soda.”
She replied - “Is Shhhh-Soda the one with that funny animal ad?”
“Yeah,” I said, “It’s the one with the dancing crabs.”
“I love that ad too, it’s so coo” Her face blanked out, an ad was being streamed into her brain,
Then she snapped back and laughed, “I’ve had that Soda before, but I’m gonna buy it again!”
She further asked me, “What’s your top buy, any other recommendations?”
“Nah not really” I replied, “What about you? Do you know of any new sensations?”
“HEY actually. I just love my new Vacuum-flex. It’s really great!
It can really clean all those hard to reach places and it keeps me in great shape!”
The day continued on. I sold 1,000 units, that’s still under the quota. I’m still behind.
I left the 55th floor of the Buy-hall. “BUY TODAY…” an advertisement was streamed into my mind.

Scientifically, Multi-Corp research and development discovered the Drag-Down Economic-Effect,
The theory simply was that every person who cannot buy or sell is an inherent Economic Threat.
Culturally, those unable or unwilling to purchase are considered socially inept,
Unemployment, stagnation, and savings - these are the words that are worse than death.
Politically, in Multi-Corp government policy the only way to ensure liberty is to eliminate poverty,
In this regard the homeless are the biggest threat as they cannot even hold property.
Environmentally, supplies are infinite and each natural product only exists for your personal pleasure,
The worlds resources cannot be exhausted, don't you know that upward growth continues on forever?
Religiously, Economicus 7:14 – “Let no man or woman who cannot buy become a drain onto others.
Everyone themselves must pay to receive and thus live together as consumers and sisters and brothers.”

It’s later now, and I’m holding old clothes (last week’s fashions) outside the Smoke-Hall,
The Smoke-Hall is a Superstructure where goods are both produced and destroyed.
While waiting in line I saw the distinctive Homeless Patrol Co. van - one of the only non-profit institutions left,
Homeless Patrol Co. is a public service designed to find and remove any Economic Threat.
I saw a person lying in the alleyway, I felt very ill in that moment for what it is worth,
She was pretty, but she was also obviously homeless by the way that her clothes were covered in dirt.
I locked with her eyes, the first homeless I’ve seen so close. No one else paid attention.
She gave the tiniest split second smile. It was not one of happiness, it was one of acceptance.
The line moved forward, I was carried by its flow closer to the Smoke-Halls entrance,
I looked over my shoulder, but the homeless person was small and the line was endless.
Inside the Smoke-Hall now, I dumped the old clothes into an incinerator,
I thought about the homeless girl, but then I thought I need to buy some new clothes later.
Back outside now, I look around for her but she isn’t there anymore,
“BUY MICRO Q-TIPS THEY HAVE AN IMPROVED ERGONOMIC FORM!”
I don’t know why, but from that moment I began to feel sick.
Deep in my mind I knew something but couldn’t grasp it. “BUY NEW GUAVA FLAVORED MINTS!”