PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Magazine - 9th Edition

Mike Wrecka
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png
Season 2

9th Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGD3DIBLtVU

What up people. AOWL Magazine 9th Edition is going down like this, we got Certain on Week 9 Reviews and Certains Corner. King Ra. wrote the Power Index as a guest writer this week. And we have Chief Wreck on the Predictions and Previews. Dropped a Heltah Skeltah video above. . They rocking out with the Native American garb to match our weeks theme, Native American quotes in honor of Thanksgiving. Our current title holder Pancakebrah comes out of a extremely controversial matchup to reign supreme. He whose name shall not be spoken, is just a ball of fury and rage after last week. Finally his shenanigans back fired on him, hopefully he learned his lesson. We have a big title match between Brah and Vulgar. Should be must read stuff. This is the week before the playoffs, everyone is jostling for position and fighting for a playoff spot so lets drop some gems. Lets take a look back at last week.

Week 9 Review - by Certain

Title Match: PancakeBrah (6-1) won via Frank (6-3) disqualification.
In short, Frank continued editing his verse after PancakeBrah made a point of posting second and Frank was warned to stop. I'm not sure who was ducking who here. Honestly, I think both competitors were looking for excuses and trying to get every edge. That's not a negative. We're here for the competition. I respect both of these guys, but it didn't have to be this way. I've read these verses several times. Ultimately I think Frank would have won, though I wouldn't have voted for him. His verse was a bit sloppier than normal, as he seemed to force rhymes with the goal of matching PancakeBrah's schemes. But he had a pretty good concept that I think would have won over more voters. PancakeBrah went with a very PancakeBrah verse, with a complex scheme and poignant descriptions and unusual rhymes. He operated in the vague a little more than I prefer, but it was a strong effort. This would have been battle of the week. I doubt Frank needed that much to edit his verse. Anything would have been better than what happened. Frank still has not lost by votes in this league. But he seems to intentionally make things tougher on himself.

Contendership Match: Vulgar (5-2) beat Vividlyvague (6-3) 7-4.
The only close battle of the week was a little disappointing, but I have to blame the topic pretty much 100%. The topic was a picture of The World Turtle with a house on its back. Neither verse specifically addressed the details of the picture, but that probably was a good thing. Vulgar's verse was sarcastic and clean and had a worthwhile point. Vividlyvague's verse was vividly vague. It didn't make any sense until you got to the final four lines, and on a re-read, it only made slightly more sense. But there were moments of great writing, as he tends to show. This battle always was going to come down to Vulgar's polish against Vividlyvague's frantically aggressive style, and Vulgar won out after a close start to the voting.

Certain (7-2) beat breathless (3-5) 6-1.
breathless brought his best verse of the season, and he seems to be getting better every week. He wrote about societal trust and sort of told a story. The "sort of" probably reflects why he lost. I wanted to do something different this week but hadn't decided what exactly until breathless asked for a line extension. At that point, I decided I would try to tell a ZYG-style story and further it by using a mix of PancakeBrah's schemes and Frank's rhymes. I didn't do anything as well as those guys, but a concrete story usually holds up well against a vague one. I will say this: I think I nailed the dialogue in the wake of a Certain's Corner about that element. This battle probably was the best of the week, judging by breathless' verse and my easy victory.

NYCSPITZ (4-3) beat Mr. J (5-4) 8-0.
As I mentioned in this week's chat and predictions thread, Mr. J has had by far the toughest path in this league. But he now has lost three in a row. The topic was a picture of a girl sitting in the corner of an undecorated room, seemingly crying while surrounded by thick books and roses. NYCSPITZ basically went right at that picture, giving the girl a background story while describing it. The character sketch was the safe option, but NYCSPITZ can afford to do that because he's one of the five best writers in this league. His rhymes and diction were outstanding. That's how he outshined a sloppier verse from Mr. J, who used the picture as impetus for an argument against practicing making perfect. With cleaner exectution, Mr. J would have come away with this victory. But he seems to write quickly and frequently for the most part. Still, the verse was pretty good, and this battle was pretty good and probably either the best or second-best of the week.

Mike Wrecka (5-4) beat patrown (3-3) 9-0.
Mike Wrecka is on a tear, having won three in a row as he heads into a Week 1 rematch with Mr. J. His take on his topic was the best of the week, as he took a weird picture of a child-tree thing and turned it into a story about uprooting a family from a beloved home. His execution could have used a little polish, but for the first time this season he seemed like the same guy who champed the Writing Challenge League. patrown writes a lot of 16-line verses, but in this case, those 16 lines weren't as clean or interesting as what he normally presents. He needs to step up to make the playoffs, but he is capable.

Diode (4-0) won via Adonis (3-5) no-show.
Diode wrote the best verse about a Mexican seagull this week. Adonis told him in advance that he wouldn't be able to write, which is a very nice thing to do.

ThisisDAM (3-0) won via King Ra. (2-5) no-show.
ThisisDAM's style reminds me so much of the one I connect to the RSTL's early years, specifically Peril-Eyes and Warren Worthington III. If you were around back then (or have done your topical history homework), you know that's not a slight. He's very, very good and what he does, and this was the cleanest and best verse he has dropped yet as he shakes off rust. He took a two-headed picture and turned it into a verse about a decision of life or death. More clarity on the scenario would have been appreciated, but the writing was the highlight here, loaded with rhymes and interesting thoughts. King Ra. claimed he was going to blow our minds. Then he blew his shot at the playoffs, which seems about right for King Ra. this season.

Buddha (3-4) won via symetrik (2-4) no-show.
Buddha (also know as Zenland) has had a ridiculously up-and-down season, which seems perfectly in step with his personality. Here he showed his writing talent with a very well-rhymed and well-written verse. The concept was on the weaker side, and I think symetrik probably could have beaten this verse, though I seem to think more of symetrik than most voters. Buddha wrote a short story about seeing his own death, or at least that's what I took from it on a quick read. He now enters Week 10 with a decent shot at the playoffs, but he will need to improve on this verse.

ZYG (2-2) beat Mordycai (1-1) 8-0.
Mike Wrecka hit the nail on the head in explaining why ZYG may write the way he does: "it appears that you are to the point that you feel like you have nothing left to prove to anyone but yourself. so you challenge yourself as a writer each week." ZYG has eschewed most of the basic tenets of text rap in favor of gearing his writing toward thought-provoking content. His writing could be cleaned up a lot, but his story telling remains at a high level, as shown by this Aesop's Fables-style tale of a woman and an octopus settling a debate. Mordycai has a lot of potential and seems to really want to improve. But he apparently was a bit uninspired by the strange picture and used the old diss-the-topic conclusion to his verse. If he had developed his actual story better, he could have made this into a battle. But for the only battle of the week without playoff ramifications, this one was an enjoyable read

Week 10 Previews and Predictions - by Mike Wrecka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhzdH67l0Y

Power Index - by King Ra.

Ah, the playoffs must be near. You can feel the anticipation in the atmosphere. As the AOWL season comes to a close, every match up this week is very important, except for one (Nigma vs Mordycai) while the ZYG vs Pinot Grij match is an important one for ZYG and not Pinot. There are a few other battlers who've missed out on chances to contend for a playoff spot. Both YDK & Innovator both have 3 wins & if they participated this week, they both would be in the race for the last few spots. Minus those two, there are only 12 spots available and out of those 12 spots, 7 are sealed regardless even with a loss this week and 5 are up for grabs. Of those 5 spots available, 8 competitors are going to fight their way in, leaving 3 missing out more than likely. YDK & Innovator both have a shot, a very minimum one, if there aren't too many 4 match winners after this week. But I will tap into that more in-depth in this section. First off, this week, I am putting together the Power Rankings, from my perspective, so let's get ready to check out the TOP 10.

I am hoping this in-depth breakdown of the Top 10 (and my playoff analysis) will assist Mike Wrecka in who gets in & out, mainly because these rankings are based not only on who I feel are the top 10 best in the league, but also based on record & strength of schedule, and margin of victories/losses by votes. Any win/loss streaks are taken into account as well, but I mainly factor the strength of schedule/opponents & vote margin, as this really separates the elite from the average. While most writers are very exceptional in their craft, this ranking places little emphasis on skill level. No show losses & weak wins, upset losses play a factor. So let's begin:

10. NYCSPITZ (4-3) this week: vs. Certain (7-2).
key wins: Mr. J, 8-0. (week 9)
key losses: 2-no shows. (week 4 & 6)

NYC is one of the most prolific writers in the league despite the fact his record does not show it. But his lack of consistency may hurt him come playoff time. His only quality win has been against Mr. J (5-4) (last week). This week he can make a major statement and head into the tournament riding a 3 match win streak if he can get past Certain (7-2). He's already clinched one of the 9 spots that have already been sealed, so a loss wouldn't knock him out. I'm banking on him to flex his writing prowess as a warm up for the playoffs this week, though.

9. ThisIsDAM (3-0) this week: vs. Diode (4-0).
key wins: ZYG, 5-3. (week 8)
key losses: none.

DAM has stepped in and is making his prescence known, tallying 3 quick wins and enters this week looking to solidify a spot in the playoffs. He seems to be in gear & I'm sure he has yet to even reach his peak yet, which would spell doom for Diode (4-0) this week and anyone he faces come playoff time. Speaking of playoffs, it seems based off analysis that even with a loss this week, he will still make it. I like him this week over Diode, which seals him a spot & I believe he will be a serious threat to anyone if he puts it all together come playoff time.

8. Diode (4-0) this week: vs. ThisIsDAM (3-0).
key wins: ZYG, 7-3. (week 6); Just Write, 5-3. (week 8)

Diode is one of two unbeatens remaining in the league (ThisIsDAM, 3-0), whom he is also facing this coming week and has solidified a playoff spot, so this weeks results would not effect him in any kind of way. While he has pulled off two key victories, he hasn't truly shown his best work, imo, which means this week would be a good time for him to show everyone that he too, can be a favorite come playoff time.

7. Mike Wrecka (5-4) this week: vs. Mr. J (5-4).
key wins: none.
key losses: YDK, 4-3. (week 4); breathless, 7-4. (week 6)

If there is a competitor who is really charging into the playoffs on a roll, it's none other than Mike Wrecka, who has won 4 of his last 5 match ups. He seems to be gaining his form & he will be a dangerous foe (winner of the Writing Challenge league), capable of champing the AOWL. Biggest question is can he keep up the momentum? Or will he run out of gas? He's up against Mr. J (5-4) this week in a match which will possibly be for a place in the Core 4 (depending on scenarios).

6. Mr. J (5-4) this week: Mike Wrecka (5-4).
key wins: Certain, 7-1. (week 5)

Word in the league is Mr. J is guaranteed a spot in the Core 4, due to his strength of schedule and I don't know if that is the case for sure. But if it is, I'd like to make a case why I think otherwise. All of Mr. J's losses have been to elite competition, but out of his 5 wins, one has come against an elite opponent (Certain, 7-2) and the other a DQ win over Vivid (who is a top 5 competitor) but again, I feel he does not have enough quality wins. But a win this week I believe could change that, imo. He and Mike Wrecka (5-4) have the same record but he did beat him earlier this season. Another win & a loss by Vulgar in the title match would ensure, IMO, a solified spot in the Core 4. But again, Mike is gunning for the same accolades which makes the match up that much important. I don't believe J has even shown his very best this season and has been in a slump. A solid win and writing would prove he is a threat.

5. Vulgar (5-2) this week: vs. PancakeBrah (6-1, title holder).
key wins: NYCSPITZ, 7-5. (week 2); Mr. J, 6-3. (week 8); Vividlyvague, 7-4. (week 9).

Vulgar is one of the best writers on the internet but this season we have yet to see him at his peak. Despite that, he has one of the best records in the league, which is a testament to how good he is even when he doesn't produce at an elite level. One can only wonder how dangerous he will be come playoff time. And what better way to spark his flame than being in a champ match, the last of the season, against someone who previously beat him (week 7). Revenge anyone? Vulgar cracks the top 5 and can easily be a #1. I don't imagine V slipping up anymore, and he is definitely a favorite to win it all. A win here should guarantee him a spot in the Core 4, as if he needs anymore advantages going into the playoffs.

4. Vividlyvague (6-3) this week: vs. Frank (6-3).
key wins: Mr. J, 6-2. (week 3).

Vivid got off to a fast start this season (4-0 at one point) but since has been up and down. He's the only writer this season who has displayed a very unorthodox style of writing which at times has worked to his advantage and has also been been his Achilles heel. When Vivid is on, he is definitely one of the best. Question is can he put together a style that will resonate with the voters & can he produce at an elite level come playoffs? He hasn't fared well against the best but this week he can prove he can contend as he goes up against Frank (6-3). A win notches him a Core 4 spot and a bye first round but a loss would put him in a very difficult position to get to the championship.

3. PancakeBrah (6-1) this week: vs. Vulgar (5-2).
key wins: Vulgar, 8-1. (week 7)
key losses: King Ra., 5-3. (week 2)

Pancake has the best record in the league, record wise, but when you analyize the numbers behind it, he really hasn't notched any major wins other than week 7 against Vulgar, while his lone loss came to somebody who is 2-5 (I wonder who that could be). He has (3) no show wins, (1) DQ win & (1) other win against someone who is two wins under .500. In other words, he hasn't had much competition, albeit the no shows which he can't control. But he's managed to stay consistent and has shown he is a serious contender. He's up against Vulgar once again who he beat handily last time, but I doubt this match (for the title) will be so easily won. Pancake has all but locked up a Core 4 spot, win or lose. If he manages to successfully beat Vulgar again, I'm sure anyone he goes up against will take notice.

2. Frank (6-3) this week: vs. Vividlyvague (6-3).
key wins: Mr. J, 8-2. (week 7); Certain, 8-0. (week 8)
key losses: PancakeBrah, DQ. (week 9)

We have a lot of talented writers in this league. Writers who are very good at putting together words, forming great imagery, piecing together stories from beginning to end flawlessly and even dropping very deep conceptual pieces. But there is one thing no other writer has that Frank does when it comes to competitive writing: unprecedented swag. What I mean is he brings the talk to match ups along with a unique way to formulate a story that is highly voter-friendly. If there is one person who can defeat the top tier in a gauntlet, it's this guy. Frank's personality can disturb the peace but when he is focused, he can beat anybody in the topical game. In his two title appearances he beat Mr. J & Certain a combined 16-2. That's very impressive for a title match win. When Frank is unfocused though, he no shows.... but that's it. There is no writer here who can say that they are untouched. Minus the 3 no show losses, Frank is 6-0. Aside from the two no show wins, in the 4 matches that have went down he has a 26-6 voting edge. I believe Frank is the favorite to win AOWL barring a no show or disqualification. Why isn't he #1? For the very reasons I just mentioned.

1. Certain (7-2) this week: vs. NYCSPITZ (4-3).
key wins: Vividlyvague, 5-0. (week 4); Vulgar, 7-0. (week 6)

If there is one guy aside from Frank that you could put your money on, I'd have to say it's this guy. Certain has been a mainstay in this league every week and could possibly be the only competitor with 8 wins out of this 10-week season. He has been very consistent and his only downfall has been in a title match and a contender's match. If we look deeper into Certain's analysis, we see he is just as impressive as Frank when he wins (though he has 15-1 voting margin in losses). Aside from the two no show wins in the first two weeks of the season, Certain in the other 5 victories, has an astounding 33-3 voting edge. This includes (2) shutout victories. No one else in the league boasts such a margin, and this is due to Cert's great knack of putting together very good topical pieces. You can easily agree he is also a major favorite to get the title. He goes up against NYC (4-3) this week, and win or lose, he earns a spot in the Core 4, possibly as the #1 competitor entering the playoffs.

Now I want to talk a little about the playoffs and what who, what and how I see things going down after a very critical week 10. It looks like there are 8 spots solidified so far (these spots secured by competitors with 4 wins, (9) if you want to say ThisIsDAM has a spot, because more than likely even after a loss, a (3-1) would probably be enough to get him in since of the (4) competitors with 3 wins, only two will walk out of week 10 with (4) w's). With that said here's how I see things after week 10:

PLAYOFF SEEDING
The Core Four
1. Certain, 8-2. Cert gets past NYC and secures the top spot giving him the advantage throughout the whole playoffs.

2. Frank, 7-3. Frank secures a top 4 spot & earns a first round bye after defeating Vivid.

3. Vulgar, 6-2. Vulgar wins the final title match of the season & heads into the playoffs with a Core 4 spot and a shot to win the season championship.

4. PancakeBrah, 6-2. A loss to Vulgar drops Cake to getting the last Core 4 spot, but the advantage of a first round bye should prove to be a big help.

THE LAST 8
5. Mr. J, 6-4. Despite defeating Mike Wrecka in the season finale, Vulgar's win keeps Mr. J from getting a Core 4 spot, but he secures the 5th spot by virtue of wins and a strength of schedule boost.

6. Vividlyvague, 6-4. [i]Vivid loses in Week 10 & stumbles into the playoffs looking to redeem himself.

7. ThisIsDAM, 4-0. DAM finishes the season unscathed and enters the playoffs as a possible underdog favorite.

8. Mike Wrecka, 5-5. Despite losing his final seasonal match up, Wrecka remains a threat in the playoffs.

9. Diode, 4-1. Diode loses his first match up of the season, but gets in the playoffs despite the loss.

10. NYCSPITZ, 4-4. An inconsistent season for NYC finishes with a .500 record but is a low darkhorse to champ the playoffs.

11. Adonis, 4-4. Adon secures one of the very last spots with a Week 10 win.

12. Buddha, 4-4. The Zenmaster sneaks in and takes the final playoff position.

The Power Rankings & playoff scenarios are solely based on my analysis and may not necessarily reflect how Mike Wrecka will put everything together. Nonetheless, 4 wins seems like the curve in which is needed to make the playoffs. Only possible scenario which one final spot will be up for grabs is if DAM loses to Diode and has just 3 wins. In that event, ZYG & Just Write will contend for the final spot as well, but DAM has the tiebreaker over ZYG regardless and Just Write has been missing. Innovator (3-4) & YDK (3-5) are possibly still in it mathmatically along with breathless (3-5), patrown (3-3). Any combination of (2) from these four battling this week (Adonis vs patrown & Buddha vs breathless) will secure a playoff spot with a win.

That's all for the Power Rankings and playoff scenarios. Good luck to all competitors

Certain's Corner (now with more ass) - by Certain

I wanted to grab it. I was on the long escalator up to the street level at the Chinatown Metro stop in Washington. She was wearing a short skirt, the kind that fans out a bit and shows the curvature of the underside of the butt. She had nice brown hair with a slight waviness, but I wasn't looking at that. I wanted to grab her ass.

There's a philosophic debate to be had about how we are defined. Are people the sums of their actions or the internalized emotions on which they never act? I didn't molest that girl on that escalator because I am not Rawn MD, but I did think about it. I did consider, however briefly, the social, legal and mental consequences of reaching out my right hand and cupping this stranger's glorious asscheek. So who am I? Am I the pervert who wants to grab an ass or the restrained, sexually frustrated man with decency and common sense enough to avoid it?

When we create fictional characters, we battle with how to create that fuller picture, the duality of a character's thoughts and actions and how they may not be related at all. What's more, because our stories, 48 lines or fewer, are developed in a vacuum, we must strike a balance in deftly developing characters while leaving room for a plot. The challenge, then, is squeezing a lot of character development into a few images and thoughts, to make a character seem unique and human and something more than cipher while not spending all verse describing the same person.

The easiest way is to throw a ton of it at the top of a verse, before the story starts. That might sound like a copout, but it actually serves as a good way of introducing readers to new faces and setting the scene for a story. It also grounds the characters before they start making important decisions and taking importand actions.

patrown, who often cuts the character development out of his verses entirely because he writes so short, offered a strong example of opening with development in what was, not coincidentally, his longest verse of the season back in Week 3.

pearl looked out the only window and peered at a vacant mat,
wishing her time was taken, but she patiently sat,
on a mattress with clean sheets, wipies, shades drawn tight.
she liked it there. it's where she'd stay all night.
a product of parents conduct or a red light distraction,
it's still sometimes the only way for social interaction.
other days, bumps and grinding kept her head simmering,
and a withering mind left her soul shivering.

Here, we meet Pearl. Using context clues, we can tell she is a prostitute and introvert. patrown uses a nice image to start the description, but you will note that he never actually describes Pearl's own looks. Often, describing looks is largely irrelevant and wastes space. We all have our own images of Pearl. I am imagining a white chick with wavy brown hair and a nice ass that I want to grab.

patrown leaves a lot up to the imagination while giving us enough to fill those holes adequately. Frank is more grounded. He was able to spend a bit more time developing four characters in his 99-line verse against YDK back in Week 6, and the strongest sections were the ones grounded in specific details.

Mom was green in the eyes, lean in the thighs
Far from as black as Jason…
If you thought she was acting racist,
Know that the demeanor of the guy, who put a seed up in her - died
As soon as Steven had arrived, JUST LIKE THAT it was back to “hey bitch”
See Stacey was just a baby - 16 with his older brother -
Big dreams put on a quick lean till the boulders shuffled
Owning nothing, son in hand; book to her chest;
Couldn’t tell which was darker, her son, or the looks she would get...
She’d cook the best she could when the ingredients lacked
Saved tips; bought him Adidas with these jeans from the gap.

Frank gives us a timeline for this woman's life story. But he does it in a way meant to explain where she is now rather than how she got there. All of these details provide context for Stacey's actions in this story, which actually is about her younger son. The bigger details flesh out the backstory, while the smaller ones flesh out the personality. The last line is crucial because it provides that granular focus.

Split Eight doesn't explain things, though. Split Eight doesn't connect dots for readers, but his best verses are the ones where the dots come together even without those lines. His verse in Week 5 was more linear than most, but it still shows how he paints fragmented images.

I cut the inappropriate slang with a cough,
despite the enormous ration of shots.
In light of transportation-based costs,
we were just a walk from her home.
Falling in close, I thought of the pause of my touch,
and lovers and love is brushed as broad as dawn and the dusk.
We'd met in the park over casual coffee, among the rabble of Harvard.
Caught up fast over scatter-brained grey matter reserves,
the growing pains college days can have on your nerves...

What makes these thoughts and characterizations so poignant and effective is we know what they mean. They are grounded in the common modern human experience. Even if you have not lived the argyle life of Split Eight, you have seen movies or TV shows or other people in these situations. Split Eight uses his images to allow you to build his characters for him. In doing so, you have no choice but to feel connected to the characters. They're [i]your characters, after all.

We don't have enough space in these verses to build our characters nuances and quirks and thought processes the way novelists do. We don't have the unrestricted form to explore structural changes and tonal changes the way some free verse poets do.

But we have the space to develop characters, real characters with real emotions and real thoughts. And doing so can make our stories feel as full as escalator girl's skirt

Outro - by Mike Wrecka

Ok the moment we have all been waiting for is almost upon us. For those that wont be moving on I would like to thank you for your participation. And be on the look out for an upcoming topical tourney run by Pancakebrah that will commence once the AOWL is finished in its entirety. But in the meantime, lets keep it glorious. AOWL the best text league on the net. That's a fact.

Text isn't dead its alive and thriving in the AOWL!!!!!!!!!!1

pz

peep this joint bros. FT. Mick Jagger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIwmJMqrco

Eŋg
11-26-2013, 09:44 PM
certain your corner thing can be interesting.

PancakeBrah
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkQceIFxK4

Split
11-26-2013, 10:02 PM
remember the weight of the world as a sound that we used to buy, on cassette and forty fiiiive

PancakeBrah
11-26-2013, 10:28 PM
o0o0o0o0o random spoon lyrics u r very hip!

Certain
11-26-2013, 10:30 PM
This video, though. Fucking trippy.

Certain
11-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Mike Wrecka is very bitter about a Week 1 loss.

Certain
11-26-2013, 10:41 PM
What site did you use for that, Mike Wrecka? I liked that. I would do a video mag like that.

Split
11-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Top 4 Playoff Seeds in a tag team special would ether the internet

Certain
11-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Frank can't play nice with anyone these days, though. But if he knew my old alias, he might be willing to.

Split
11-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I know your old alias

I backtraced you

Certain
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM
I had never registered to this site before Certain Serpent or posted on other rap forums since moving to my current apartment.

PancakeBrah
11-26-2013, 10:56 PM
POW MOTHAFUCKA POW COME UP OFF THAT CHAIN

UNNNNNGGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHHFHGHFHGHF

Certain
11-26-2013, 11:02 PM
PancakeBrah, I hope you aren't condescending. Killer Mike is great.

breathless
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
What if Certain IS Frank...

PancakeBrah
11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
PancakeBrah, I hope you aren't condescending. Killer Mike is great.

I've listened to 'Big Beast' at least once everyday the past four days in my car at the highest volume possible.

The line I keep posting, when the beat kicks up, odfjgpworgnon I WWANNA FUCK SOME SHIT UP

YOU WITH ME CERTAIN !?!?! FUUUUUARRRRRKKKKKKKKKMKOI NTJNEKJBNKJF

Certain
11-26-2013, 11:28 PM
I am with you.

I am not Frank.

Nigma
11-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Mike Wrecka Who died and made you the greatest Mag author of all time? Well done everyone involved, I'm glad you are upholding the legacy.

You did, however, predict against me which is shameful. I've been writing non-stop in my time away so this motherfucker is RUST PROOF

Some CLASSIC ass matches this week, this league is still #1 on the net easily

zygote
11-27-2013, 01:20 AM
That CGI was politically incorrect but also very entertaining. Certain's Corner was great analysis and humorous writing.

Certain
11-27-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm glad your server processed our humor.

e11even
11-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Fucking great mag. I'm gonna bribe frank to bribe red glare to vote for me.

Split
11-27-2013, 07:33 AM
i dont think im argyle. i have deferred to Team Serpent now

Diode
11-27-2013, 09:58 AM
i knew i recognized Mike Wrecka from somewhere. this week's video proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5o_r4Lyc0

Certain
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM
i dont think im argyle. i have deferred to Team Serpent now

You're so argyle.

ThisisDAM
11-27-2013, 11:26 AM
I have a lot of ideas for Season 3 whenever you guys decide to put that together.

Mike Wrecka
11-27-2013, 03:47 PM
What site did you use for that, Mike Wrecka? I liked that. I would do a video mag like that.

its a program that came with my laptop called Cyberlink Youcam. they have a website to download it but i don't think its free. not sure.

dead man
11-27-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm glad your server processed our humor.
lol'd

i am interested in any of your old aliases as well in case we might have interacted on another site. but it's doubtful.

dope magazine as always. will be reading all playoff verses, looking forward to it

Mike Wrecka
11-27-2013, 05:15 PM
wouldn't it be funny if Certain revealed his true identity and no one ever heard of him

Mike Wrecka
11-27-2013, 05:16 PM
PancakeBrah , the site records still need to be updated.

sharp nine would have had them done by now

Certain
11-27-2013, 05:20 PM
My most active days were from about 2003 to mid-2005. A few people definitely will recognize me.

Zen
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Dope.

Mike Wrecka
11-27-2013, 05:48 PM
thoughts on the Will.I.am ft Mick Jagger song?

mick still got it his part is dope

Frank
11-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah , dope shit, the puppy face got me rofl

Appreciate all the thought put into this

Just stepped it up to the point the playoff mag has its work cut out for it

Once again, i think i speak for everyone, dope shit

Certain
11-30-2013, 02:21 AM
I've got a few special things in mind for the playoffs magazine, including a top 20 verses of the regular season.

Pent uP
11-30-2013, 02:26 AM
My most active days were from about 2003 to mid-2005. A few people definitely will recognize me.

So I def know u. Wtf

e11even
11-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Frank to thread. U ready?

Certain
11-30-2013, 03:32 AM
The deadline is in 23.5 hours, which means he'll be ready in 24 hours.

e11even
11-30-2013, 03:40 AM
The deadline is in 23.5 hours, which means he'll be read in 24 hours.

Yea. I don't know why I bother. Ah well. Imma drop anyway. Fuck it.