PDA

View Full Version : WK2: dead man (1-0) VS. Nigma (1-0) [DEAD MAN WINS, 6-0.]

King Ra.
02-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Verses are due Thursday 2/21 at 11:59 PST

You MUST check in.

Extensions are due Friday 2/22 at 11:59 PST. NO LATER!!!

You must vote on 3 other battles and post links. For every absent link, you will be deducted ONE vote next week.

If you no-show, you will be removed from next week and have to sign back into the league.

TOPIC:
http://img.fotocommunity.com/images/Digiart/Digital-editing/Imagination-a23311094.jpg

Good luck to both participants. dead man Nigma

dead man
02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
nice

Nigma
02-18-2013, 04:42 PM
glhf!

Nigma
02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
will need ext, goin to see vinnie paz and ill bill concert tonight BOOYA

dead man
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
thats dope man.

i don't think i will be able to post a verse tonight. i have to be at some bullshit event in garfield park with my lady, and have not had a free evening yet..

if someone else is getting no showed as well, feel free to posit an alternate or extend this one more night.. either way i would like this battle to happen

your call Split
Nigma
King Keith

Nigma
02-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I have no problem with another night if mods are down with it. That concert was fucking unreal. I got beside the stage directly in front of them, some solid vids, shook Vinnies hand

Nigma
02-23-2013, 03:30 AM

A Child's Imagination

Its like we're stacking pots and pans
Across the land to see them crash and fall
Colossus smash broadcast across the land
From Autumn grass to lawns of blackness
Plants withdraw to sandy cracks and harden
The path of man is darker with absent water
As fog advances on, I look back a day or two
When these vacant ruins portray the tombs
Of the brainless fools labeled humans
Stoned in place, no movement, face in view
Of the great Medusa whose snakes consume you
Cage and noose until you pray for doom
Well I'm the God to give it, crosses flip
Not flawed submissive by the laws of physics
One day I'm called The Ripper, doctor logic
Switch and spawn an infant brought to kill you
Dropping bombs that hit so calm and simple
Brains of straw have limits, thoughts abyssal
Dark abyss, so lost within the mind of a prince
Confine you within the designs you forbid
I'm a tyrant whose lips whisper Hiram Abiff

dead man
02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
yo

nestle trucks outside your house. hoses, tanks and machines
draining life. draining calories and draining for free
canned mother earth & sold her for a pocket of paper
sew threads while faceless enterprise is rocking a blazer
weigh your options, which option is greater?
the now or the later?
try to sell a Coca-Cola, sans it's ultimate savior
Aquatic marine, lagoon, streams, ocean or creek
we're lost - promotional greed, yet a blind man knows what he seeks
be a hero for the natural, we're waiting for help
it's hard when love's symbology starts hating itself
how the roses fall,
the eagle flies,
the river despairs -
the molecules are bottled as 'medicinal air'
create fictional characters - act like their realistically care
they do to us what Mr. Tortoise did to the Hare
it's wicked, i feel guilty for destroying the planet
everytime i flush the toilet or apply ointment to bandage
we feel great when waste dissipates and our houses are clean
but shit doesn't disintegrate inside a fountain of dreams
i'm a coward it seems. buying Evian and Crystal Geyser to sip
advertisements like a microchip designed to encrypt
false image to consumerists inside an eclipse
looted for our treasure like a pirated ship. I am the disc.
yet, knowledge pervades our public. science persists
Fiji bottles are a hydrant for our fire, when it's lit
fire in a pit - fish fly to the bricks for a comfortable change
cigarette lighters, super soakers, one in the same
grass seed, oxygen tanks, one in the same
we play to survive. far surpassed the love of the game
business changed the faces of presumptuous gain
our relationships shifted once a single customer came
to town on a dolphin with an outrageous request
he said, water's dirty and it needs to be fresh
so we'll filter it, bottle it, and call it invention
i felt mother nature hang a rope and fall in that second
spine swollen, face bloated, calm as convention
conglomerates make billions on their water-refreshments
dolphins were prophets, intellectuals. an honest suggestion
but all that's left is profit margin for another investment
when humanity leaves riverbeds like cracks in a palm
a dolphin won't be worth the leash it's fastened upon.

soak it up

- DEAD MAN

Geno
02-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Yo.. this was a dope fucking battle.

Nigma. Let me just say for starters man.. you kept it real with black dog. That's a tough t ask to accomplish man.

Your verse had a different rhythm to it then one would usually see. Its flow felt a little choppy to mhink you slayed your verse man. Killed the topic nicely. Had a dark touch to it in light of what the absence of h20 would bring. Actually captured very dope.

From Autumn grass to lawns of blackness Plants withdraw to sandy cracks and harden The path of man is darker with absent water As fog advances on, I look back a day or two When these vacant ruins portray the tombs Of the brainless fools labeled humans Stoned in place, no movement, face in view Of the great Medusa whose snakes consume you Cage and noose until you pray for doom Well I'm the God to give it, crosses flip Not flawed submissive by the laws of physics

Only thing I didn't like was how you went from observationist to calling yourself a god. That didn't fit the bill to me.. after these qouted lines it kind of drifted on point a little bit to. But very dope piece nigma

Black..
Loved what you did here. At first when I started reading I was like.. man I think nigma might have an upset here. But as I got into your verse I was swept away but what your message was.. I mean the fact that you produced how we basically destroyed our planet with the products of everyday life was a genius path to take on this piece. And the mechanics and flow of it were supreme in comparison to your rival..

So after a couple reads and better comprehension of both verses I have to go with black.
What started out as an almost seemingly upset battle here, turned into an obvious clean sweep imo anyway. Black shined with concept, style, flow, and all around better mechanics in his verse.

This was a dope battle. And I think if nigma had stayed on track a little bit longer and pulled his verse together with better flow he would have gone neck in neck with votes against black. But as I see it right now I have black demonstrating why he is so renowned as a beast this week

V-black.
Ill be watching you though ngma. I have you grrowing very rapidly throughout the ocurse of this league. 1

veritas
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I have to agree. Nigma you are def a dope writer and I loved this following line:

As fog advances on, I look back a day or two
When these vacant ruins portray the tombs
Of the brainless fools labeled humans
Stoned in place, no movement, face in view
Of the great Medusa whose snakes consume you
Cage and noose until you pray for doom

that was excellent insight and smooth writing.

Deadman was just on another level. Black, I am learning you, I see what you do, the abstract imagery metaphor. I have seen many fail at this and yet you succeed. I love the message you convey. Do you know that multinational corporations charge third world citizens a fee to store rain water for bathes and consumption?

conglomerates make billions on their water-refreshments
dolphins were prophets, intellectuals. an honest suggestion
but all that's left is profit margin for another investment
when humanity leaves riverbeds like cracks in a palm
a dolphin won't be worth the leash it's fastened upon.

epic. I am not one for complimenting unless it is meant. other people have called me a genius, I doubt it. People have called you a genius, they are right. I just wish you werent evil/demon possessed....but we will get to that in time.

all in all mvgt deadman.

King Ra.
02-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Nigma, you are most certainly getting better & better as writer. I think everyone should definitely be on the lookout. There have been some very impressive rhyme schemes this week & yours was pretty nice as well. Despite the short lines, you still managed to paint a vivid picture conceptually, and your content was top notch. Unfortunately for you, Black came with a better piece, but that doesn't knock what you did because your piece could beat some of the others this week. dead man, what can I say. Your writing skills are on point, we all know that, and once again it was top notch. But it wasn't your scheme or the clean mechanics that impressed me. What impressed me was the story you put together based on that picture & I must say, I am freaking in awe at what I read. The idea you took molded was nice & the way you were able to mesh the elements in the picture in your piece was the best I've seen this week. And it had to be this type of showing from you, which I'm sure all expected, that had to be done to top what Nigma was able to put together. This was definitely VOTW hands down. Great battle here.

MVGT: dead man.

Frank
02-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Vote - Black

Everytime I flush my toilet I shall think of you.

Pent uP
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Nigma, flow was a cool off que read, but easy to follow and really nicely narrated. I actually recently start learning more about the templars and masons and hiram abif, but I have no idea what hiram abif has to do with a childs imagination.... ur narration followed it more tho and it was a good read. A lot of nice imagery displayed

Dead man, a lot of great lines throughout. Consistent flow for a smooth read and kept that content moving. The use of the dolphin metaphor was kinda cool and kept me interested for a while to see where it as going. It didn't go where I thought, which was actually even more cool... you kept giving me surprises in the strcuture and the ending was dope. The flow got even better towards the end and put it all together nicely.

Vote dead man

NYCSPITZ
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Nigma did a great job catering to the picture. A nice laconic piece with good allusions to the text. You did a nice job weaving profundity in there and I liked how you ended. Black was nice and I feel he brought the same elements and took it to another level with creativity. He always has lines that make me stop and think. It was a nice battle, but black brought too much, nigma's was hot tho, would like to see u build on that my nigga maybe a lil longer verse.

v/black

King Ra.
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
DEAD MAN WINS, 6-0.