PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 6 Mag

Sharp
12-15-2013, 11:20 PM
INTRODUCTION
Hey guys, Sharp here with yet another NBL magazine. Last week had 5 open battles with 7 no show wins, so hopefully this week'll have all the guys who would no show weeded out. We've got the first two contender matches of the season up, the winner of Karaoke and Unfukwitable to face the winner of Phuck Yew and Boredom in the season's first champ match. Should be dope. Lets get going.

REVIEWS

Tic Tac vs Shank Sinatra
This one ended up with some controversy over votes, but now that I actually read it I can see how close it was. Neither guy dropped all that hot, votes basically came down to who each individual voter thought had the biggest hit of the battle. Tic Tac probably would’ve taken it with a better Sinbad line, but most voters ended up favoring Boredom’s melanin line and gave him the win.

Apex vs Plot
This one ended up kind of one-sided, Plot was able to handle a rushed verse from Apex pretty easily. Neither guy dropped as hot as I’ve seen them do before. Plot’s missing link and mael line were thought to be the best lines in the battle and voters gave him the win unanimously.

Seth Scheinberg vs Sebastian Brawl
This one was kind of strange. Knuck went with a strange strategy and figured two bars of his would beat Sebastian’s whole verse. Voters mostly thought otherwise, the general consensus being that Seth could’ve taken it easily if he showed up with a whole verse, but they gave it to Sebastian for having a complete verse. Sebastian moves up to 2-0 while Seth drops to 1-1.

Karaoke vs Concepz
This one was pretty one sided, Karaoke didn’t come as strongly as he could but was more than enough to top Concepz, who had alright wording but came with really played Kar flips. He seemed kind of rushed while Karaoke did his thing and the voters all agreed he took the win easily, maintaining a perfect record.

Unfukwitable vs Phuck Yew
Phuck probably had the most quotation marks I’ve ever seen in one verse lol. This was another close one, with most voters quoting almost the same amount of hits from each. Both dudes brought solid flips, Phuck’s ’Unachieved’ line was pretty cool and Unfukwitable had a slick hanger line. Voters ended up giving Phuck the win in a close battle.

Top Punches

1. Karaoke vs. Concepz
Knowing that u suck in live and in text battles must make your chest throb
Cuz that Blue Collar work u got showed that u were better suited for a desk job

2. Unfukwitable vs. Phuck Yew
So I don't wanna hear'em on any Ipod, cd player or Walkman
His hooks make for sucha dead delivery I'm surprised if you're against Hanger abortions .

3. Seth Scheinberg vs. Sebastian Brawl
You're worth nothing, u couldn't champ the weakest tourney queer
2 bars vs. ur weeks work & we'll still see ya Fall, Brawl.. worse than this years

4. Tic Tac vs. Boredom
We know he's a bitch, at the club he'll 'pop lock & drop it' for service
Since this chicken tender, I'll put Boars head in a bag quicker than Stop & Shop workers

5. Plot vs. Apex
No one believes your gayness, I'm more evolved at text n spitting ink,
And the only people who care 'bout Ape X...keep asking for the Missing Link.

6. Phuck Yew vs. Unfukwitable
'Stupid' fuck ur trash, but thats not even the top of it
cuz on Netcees ur future is 'Dim Wit' & ur exactly that for thinking the opposite

7. Boredom vs. Tic Tac
& ur a fruit who uses fruits as sex toys /w boys. This is a fact
Tic Tac’d love to get that melanin and I don’t mean wishing he was black

No-Show Shine

Orc vs Sho

thoughtsa being sodomized makes this geek excited
yea they say ur bodys a temple. that don't mean you let priests inside it
the league been wack. u still shitty tho whore
maaan if u returning The Prestige trust it's to your local videostore
he be riding K Shine hard. im like duuude filter
the ONLY ppl screamin Zip Em Up. is chicks when u pull outcha 2 incher
GETDATNIGGAORC. my old squeeze was better than dude
.. so if ya talk about my Exile mention ur self-imposed one weneva u lose
stop it friend. ionno y u even wana box again.
dog. you choke at the top quicka than mountaineers w. out oxegen
O's definition is CRACK. if it's a threat im fiending
sho's definition is wack: &&&now im hoping voters'll get my meaning
if u tryna act i ain't the greatest.. well, that shits rotten
thats like the pot calling the kettle black b4 making him pick cotton
ya crib ain't baaallling like that. there's hardly a bed
so if we seeing a huge ass Tubman it's definitely strikta's Harriet thread

Sharp
12-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Mixtape of the week

click the cover and give it a listen while you're readin the rest of the mag

http://media.jrn.com/images/busta-rhymes-q-tip-abstract-dragon-cover-lead.jpg (http://www.datpiff.com/Busta-Rhymes-Q-Tip-The-Abstract-And-The-Dragon-mixtape.557088.html)

Interview with Boredom

Alright, I'm here with Boredom aka Shank Sinatra. What's up my dude?

huuung the fuck over, was my girls staff xmas party last night got fucking haaammered drunk.

How do you think the league is going this season? Anything you'd like to see changed?

tbh now that you n ctrl took the league over things seem to be running a lot better.. only thing that really need to happen is for people to stop no showing.

So this week you have Phuck Yew in one of the Contender matches. What are your thoughts on this matchup?

considering dudes a complete and utter faggot whose life revolves around text i'm sure he'll be putting the effort in..soo as long as i take some time to write a verse and don't rush it it should be a good a battle.

Between the four guys in contender matches who do you see taking the first Champ match? Any guys you see champing further down the line?

hopefully i'll champ... can see kar taking it as well. and as far as down the line neigh, orc n karpis are more than likely going to be on there way to it.

Bags shocked us by shitting himself while at the gym. Who do you see destroying their dignity next and how do they do it?

lolol that story was fucking hilarious, shout outs to bags for being man enough to tell a story like that.

annnd people destroy there dignity on the daily here so it's really up in the air, shit it could of already happened with a post in disc while i'm doing this interview..

Marry, screw, kill - Me, split and Meth. Go.

lol wtf is this? kill you for asking this question.

Thanks for doing this interview, I'll give you the last word for any shout outs/callouts/observations/confessions/whatever you want.

shout outs to everyone dropping verses and who are not no showing

Predictions

CONTENDER MATCH: Karaoke (5-0) vs Unfukwitable (3-2)
This should be a dope battle. Karaoke’s been up against some of the toughest guys around this season (including Allen Knight and Cashius) and has managed to remain undefeated. Unfukwitable is capable of delivering some heavy hits but has been beaten a few times. That said, he always brings a few solid punches with him so he can’t be counted out here. That said, Karaoke is one of the most consistent guys around, and it’s really impossible to bet against him when he’s got a perfect season so far.

Karaoke: 80/20

CONTENDER MATCH: Phuck Yew (4-1) vs Boredom (3-1)
These are two solid competitors matched up coincidentally by seeding, despite butting heads a bit last week. I’m looking forward to seeing if and how that comes up in their battle. Phuck’s been on a consistent battle kick since arriving at netcees, and his NBL performance shows he’s been able to stay sharp. Boredom’s proven to be just as deadly before, and if both guys can avoid anything that’s too badly played out this should be a great second contender match that’s too close to call IMO.

Either way: 50/50

Orc (2-0) vs Sebastian Brawl (2-0)
Orc’s champed this league in better days against some incredibly strong competition and still has some of the best wording in text. Sebastian’s proven to be capable of beating no verse and half of a verse in weeks past, but I don’t expect him to fare against a complete verse, let alone one written by a HOF’er. He’s definitely capable of being good competition, but this is something of a mismatch right now. Orc should be able to take this if he shows

Orc: 90/10

Neighbor (3-0) vs Mordycai (1-0)
Last second match, so huge props to Mordycai for hoping in early after Neighbor asked for a match. Admittedly, I haven’t seen anything from Mordycai outside of a topical where he misspelled the title. I’m looking forward to seeing him battle since he seems like good, active competition, but not knowing what he can do makes it tough to bet against Neighbor, who’s proven to be effective in just about every facet of text. Neighbor will likely take this, but I won’t count Mordycai out.

Neighbor: 75/25

CrtlF4 (2-0) vs Tic Tac (2-2)
Ctrl’s one of the better guys in this league pretty easily, while Tic Tac is someone I haven’t seen for very long but I’m looking forward to seeing more from. Tic hasn’t been the most consistent but is definitely capable of doing damage, if he loses its usually relatively close. On paper, Ctrl should be able to take this, but Tic can make this a good, if not close battle.

CtrlF4: 65/35

Plot (2-1) vs Greed (2-1)
Plot’s a sleeper pick to make waves this season if he hangs around. He’s got some of the smoothest wording right now but can be a little off with his concepts themselves. Good wording could make the difference against Greed, who had a solid showing against the munster last week. But if both show as well as they could, I’d expect Plot to take it in a refreshingly good battle.

Plot: 60/40

Alvin Karpis (1-0) vs Cymbicort (1-0)
This is another mismatch. Karpis is the most recent addition to netcee’s HOF and has some of the meanest wording in text. Cymbicort’s a promising young battler, but the way records lined up didn’t smile on him this week. Karpis should be able to take this pretty easily.

Alvin Karpis: 90/10

ill nik-A (1-1) vs Apex (1-2)
This could be cool. Nik’s still got some of the strongest battle chops after years in text and while Apex isn’t as polished, he’s had some nice verses. Last week wasn’t his best showing and he is capable of better, but I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he could beat nik.

ill nik-A: 90/10

Lotto Smirk (1-3) vs Plethora (0-0)
Not sure what to expect from this battle. Lotto’s been around for a bit and is showing plenty of improvement when he shows, and Plethora just showed up. At the moment I have no concept of how Plethora writes, so I’d give the edge to Lotto if he shows. But if Plethora proves me wrong I won’t be disappointed.

Lotto Smirk: 65/35

Concepz (0-1) vs King Ra. (0-1)
This battle could easily be killer if both guys show up. Concepz had a good showing against Karaoke last week, but was beaten. Ra, like Concepz is no stranger to text and capable of some solid hits, but he does have a certain propensity to no-show. If both show up, it could be dope. Haven’t seen much from either (lately, at least) so the deciding factor for my call’s really just Ra’s history of no-showing.

Concepz: 55/45

Strikta (0-2) vs megatron (0-2)
Strikta’s a great battler when he shows. And megatron, for as long as he’s been around, has always been worth reading. These two should make for a great battle if they show but the edge will probably go to Strikta. But if he sleeps on his competition, megatron’s definitely capable of the underdog win here.

Strikta: 70/30

Outro
Hope you guys liked the mag, if everyone shows up with some solid shit and votes they'll only get better. Hopefully now that we got champ matches coming we'll start picking up steam and remember:

If you dont vote during two weeks you're in the league, you can't compete in champ/contender matches until you make up votes

So if say Boredom doesn't vote again this week, but still wins his contender match, he'd be ineligible for the champ match and the spot would go to the top ranked contender slot instead. But I know that won't happen :). We've got a good deal of talent sticking around and signing in, so let's make this week as dope as it can be. Peace.

timeless
12-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Good read. Anyway I can get them votes cut before any battles are open?

Sharp
12-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Good read. Anyway I can get them votes cut before any battles are open?

How about voting on the fall brawl champ match in discussion and a BA match?

DLB
12-16-2013, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKxjTRV6ms

IF NBL IS DEAD BEFORE I AWAKE
I LOAD AN EXTENDED CLIP AND MURDER THE TEXTCEES
ROLL TO EVERY IP, MURDER THE TEXTCEE
ROLL THROUGH WITH YOUR IP, MURDER THE TEXTCEE
IF TXT BATTLING IS DEAD BEFORE I AWAKE
I LOAD AN EXTENDED CLIP AND MURDER THE TEXTCEES
ROLL TO EVERY IP, MURDER THE TEXTCEE
ROLL THROUGH WITH YOUR IP, MURDER THE TEXTCEE

timeless
12-16-2013, 01:33 AM
How about voting on the fall brawl champ match in discussion and a BA match?

Works for me ill get on that when I get off in the morning

Allen Knight
12-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Dope mag

Orc
12-16-2013, 08:48 AM
good read man

KwaL!ty
12-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Dope mag Sharp Nine props ..

Unfukwitable
12-16-2013, 10:01 AM
nice mag bro

Boredom
12-16-2013, 04:46 PM
word at putting the time in, i'll get my votes in. and what can i do to clear up the -4 votes this week?

Sharp
12-16-2013, 05:03 PM
word at putting the time in, i'll get my votes in. and what can i do to clear up the -4 votes this week?

if you hit the FB final in disc and 1 BA match it'll be cleared up

Alvin Karpis
12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
good mag

King Karaoke
12-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi...

Good stuff...

Bye...

timeless
12-18-2013, 04:39 PM
lol @ these extensions.