PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Magazine Week 2- 'The KING Edition'.

King Ra.
02-20-2013, 11:06 PM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/d7c36dbde835bc1525eb569fd25a4ed3/l.jpg

The Introduction
Yo, whuddup? Welcome to AOWL magazine, week 2- the KING edition. If you thought week 1's mag was dope, well this one may be even better. A lot of dope writers threw it down the previous week, Split & myself will review each match up . Dropped your piece & got no showed? Don't worry. I got you. We'll check out the drops that got avoided. Got these predictions for week 2, which looks like another round of high quality match ups (but when you're in a league as dope as this one, how can you have anything less?) Two writers chose to have a discussion with the King, so we will check how that turned out. Also we look into the Open Mic to see what's been going down, this week 3 writers get the spotlight. Genocide breaks down each writer (that dropped) from week 1 & we look into who is bringing what to the table. So with so much jammed packed, just sit back, relax & enjoy the read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTfbkk0rpw

OPEN MIC FEATURE #1

'Genodus' written by Genocide

Empty inside, its I, before my mom and dad ever collide
With their testicles tied, this is me on a molecular side
A stencil of mine, the rough draft I was founded upon
The cytoplasmic cabin, a spawn, a dope rapper devolved
Back into small, before I ever mattered at all, I was a germ
Divided from sperm, a worm, for lack of more popular terms
Not your concern, these are just the facts of development
Passed as irrelevant, but we've all been plasma, the delicates
Let me take you back to your elements, absent inteligence
Back when your measurements microscopically sediment
Obvious, evident, that we've come far from bacteria, growth
Debate youve evolved but can't deny the theory, it shows
Serious though, sick of hearing how my nucleus is really a hoax
But No, cause nowadays I have some feelings, some toes
Exposed, some actual buzz, proud as fuck I ain't the capsule I was
That would be tough, I'm more satisfied about the casual stuff
Asthma and dust, the grass being cut, a fine womans gradual touch
The words I write, master, conduct, the action of love
The fact my daughters world hasn't begun, the fact that she's here
Damn, If not for dna we never would of happened, appeared

What the readers are saying....

Figurative- "The flow was on point but it got a little repetitive after a while. Nice use of vocab though, and just enough multis."

zygote- "Enjoyed the progression from cell to fetus - highlight was "some feelings, some toes.".... your writing/topic here stimulated some thought."

WEEK 1 Recap
by Split & King Keith

Rawn McDon vs. Innovator
The topic was a wide shot of the Statue of Liberty overlooking New York, with the Twin Towers still intact. Rawn took the picture very literally, what it encompassed- and described the Statue as it stands and what it encompasses. Innovator wrote about what it symbolizes- a beacon of hope, that when you draw close, you see is almost forlorn, a whiff of the American dream that serves more as a reminder of our naivete than our nations promise. Rawn was praised for his flow and rhyme scheme, as well as his strong vocab. Most wished he had developed his piece further. Innovator was praised for his angle on the topic, his poetic lines, and the range of emotion that feels very distinct to New York City, but saw his lines as bordering on overly-simplistic.

Voters gave this one to Innovator, 6-2.

c.d.m. vs. dead man
This battle came as a surprise to me. Dead man dropped a very strong verse, tight rhymes, really encompassed a very difficult topic- the location depicted on the steps, the atmosphere on the steps themselves, then wrapped it in a nice metaphor. C.D.M. had a loosely rhyming piece about justice, vengeance and righteousness.

Voters leaned heavily towards deadeth, and he won 9-0.

Coup vs. ZenLand
Coup came with a more abstract piece, showcasing his vocab and style, lightly addressing the topic. ZenLand had a very good take on the topic, writing a surreal piece about the Holocaust, the passage of time and the way fate impacts his main character's perception of time through a severe mental ordeal. ZenLand really grabbed hold of the topic, and has some strong concepts and mechanics.

The votes went to ZenLand in a 7-0 blowout.

Frank vs. Mike Wrecka
Frank came with his signature style, driven to kick off things right & did so over Mike Wrecka. Mike dropped a nice, emotional-like story but it wasn't enough to get the voters to select him.

Frank won in a blowout, 9-1.

Genocide vs. Orc
Orc's return to the topical wargrounds probably didn't go as expected. Genocide rode this match to a solid victory. The rust was evident but Orc still did a nice job.

Genocide cruised, 10-2.

Split vs. Malachi
Malachi's debut ended in defeat to one of the up & coming writers in Split. Voters were pretty impressed with his story though, especially for a first time topical written.

Split wins in a knockout, 6-0.

A Word With The King Part I

Malachi is a new writer in the topical genre & is looking to become one of the best, if not THE BEST, writer to grace the net. The kid is certainly inspired & driven. Procrastination is a bitch though. He better tame her, otherwise his dreams will become nightmares. I caught up with the young god & here's how things went.

King Keith: First off, introduce yourself to our readers.

Malachi: Yo wassup, its Malachi aka Prophet from Netcees. AOB's youngest.

King Keith: The youngest indeed, ha. Doing the damn thing too. How's that school life going? Still peeking at that cute teacher you like cleavage? Or they all have sandbags?

Malachi: Sandbags, but my IT teacher has an ass damn. Anyway yea I guess schools aight, we have testing and shit all this week, cant wait till summer break tho so I can really focus on my craft.

King Keith: Aha, alright. Summer is right around the corner so hang in there. Let's talk about your craft. You dropped your first topical last week. Though you lost, how did you feel about your first drop & what are your thoughts on the critique?

Malachi: Yeah, I thought it was okay especially being my first topical match. If I had took more time on it and not had "half assed" it like c.d.m put it, I think i could have done way more but what can I say, procrastination gets me every time. As for the critique I didn't think I was going to get that much props. Its much appreciated though, just wait for my week 2 drop, way more effort.

King Keith: I hope you do bring it this week. You got mad potential, just got to work at it. Speaking of week 2, any match up(s) that you have your eye on & who do you think will win?

Malachi: Yo I really wanna see how that Strikta vs. Frank match goes. I've never seen Strikta do a topical. I want to see if he's as good at battling as he is at topical writing. Frank is real dope with it but you never know. I think Frank will win, if he shows (said he wasn't though), but if he does I wouldn't be mad if Strikta came out on top either. Also I can't wait to read Zenland vs Zygote. Zygote, in my opinion, one of the best writers I've read. Lol nigga posted his verse in thirty minutes, the concept of his verse was cool a well. Let's see what Zen can come up with.

King Keith: Strikta & Frank will be a good one indeed. Idk how Zygote just writes that fast but even so it comes out dope. I see you're signing out week 3. Why & when do you look to return back to the league?

Malachi: Very soon, actually maybe like for week 4 or week 5. I have a bit on my plate. School homework, I'm working on a collab for Open Mic and a future flex plus i got that Ultimate Tourney & the AOBL. Coming back with a vengeance though.

King Keith: We'll be sure to keep our eyes out on that. This is the end of our discussion so say your last words & shout outs.

Malachi: Bow to the young god. Holla.

OPEN MIC FEATURE #2

'The Cave' written by Zenland

I start depictions of Mars descendin near the atmosphere
In large descriptions as I lay scarred but ridden
Of bizzare inflictions. Which I soon removed
With carved incisions into the hull of my skull
Down in my brain where horrors remain charred but livin
As memories of miseries which turn into bars I've written
With jarred precision til I learn lessons of my transgressions
And they are forgiven. Until then they stand guard of forbiddens
As I lay trapped in a cave, where minutes lapse in a day
As I'm clasped, A slave of the past I face,
My laughs decay into a drastic craze of wrath and rage
Til I collapse and pray and synapses portray imagery near me
Of lastin praise which last and stays
And which maps away across the paths in the brain
And I master the waves and crack the chains as sparks flew,
And I chart my cruise through the passageways
And I start anew but my hearts confused, Earthly gains, Is it a worthy game?
Its hard to choose with only but bizzare clues,
I can only hope and plead that this isn't what's supposed to be
As serotonin pleas for me to go to sleep,
Rest in peace, I scream into the morning breeze.

Coup- "As for the mechanics, great job there..you ahve a good sense of rhyme and just by reading 4 pieces from you I think I would never mistake a piece by you with another...."

Figurative- "You have a very unique structure that is fun to read alongwith. Also, i love the interpretation you leave up to the reader."

Witty- "....the rhyming was great, and the imagery and emotion seemed both effortless and real, I could feel what you wanted the reader to feel and I understood everything clearly."

King Ra.
02-20-2013, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Y2VVGlk_4

WEEK 1 WRITERS BLOCK
written by Genocide

Ok folks, first off -dope ass fucking first week here at the AOB Writers League. Aside from a few no showers, we had some serious verses and really sick battles. This segment is being provided to break down every individual writers first week based on their showing.

So here it is....

Rawn MacDon

"She breathed of fresh air, with her high-nose to the crowd
a bacillus of beauty, froze; toes close to the ground
Stood for her ideals, principals, sentiments, truths
Screamed of silent struggles; drowned in cemented shoes"

a decent show, came short and sweet and perhaps.. just perhaps, may have slept on his a opponant a little bit. Rawn is a seasoned vet who came in last week kind of soft if you ask me, he has the potential to be a problem -but he definitely sized his competitor up the wrong way if you ask me.

Innovator

"Finally the day is here, dreams are found; the land of plenty
Is bountiful and beautiful as expected
Naïve eyes see dreams and everything else is neglected
Because you see what is isn’t really presented"

innovator brought a new set of skills to the table. i say new because i dont think many people are familiar with his writing, and having said that.. is the reason i believe rawn slept on him last week. obviously has skills and is off to a good start. lets see if he can keep up the good work and maintain a winning record.

Frank

"Who knows how many noes you had reenacted into shapes -
All I know, is your nose is pointed at the pyramids that backed you in the grave...
Somebody tried to flatten your cosmetic being and crash you out of space
Black or white. Androgynous. Out of wack. Are you insane?"

one of the more renowned and respected writers here. Frank is a problem in every term of the word and had no problem proving that last week with the v erse he wrote. his style is very unique and of his own. his only problem may be that he holds a very high opinion of himself. hes off to a good start, but can he remain on point and humble enough to capture more wins this season? most likely if you ask me

Mike Wrecka

"whether that means climbing or deep sea diving,
from the mountain tops to the depths of the ocean, im trying/
even if it means flying, till me and space are colliding,
im redesigning constellations till our stars are aligning/"

this guy here is an ole G for real. been around probably as long as i have -if not even longer. ive seen his verses and am very familiar with his work. mike is be coming more and more dangerous with every verse he writes. very sharp and to the point mechanically and conceptually. considering him a push over could be your biggest mistake.

Genocide

Only science exists, cause everything is dying or dead
Found a few resources, i macgyvered the rest
Apply and connect, what looks like broken violin necks
And try to invent, with things that show the signs of neglect

not gonna say to much about myself here, but i think everyone knows whats up. i learned a lot based on the comments i saw in everyones votes last week. werd. GL to erryone this week!

Orc

"long after this proprietors gone, the night trickles on scribing the same
hiding it's pain, the story of night is neither gory nor light
- it's silence and rain..
the dark's blinded with change. making way for the brightness of day
the worlds entirely gray, but one mans thoughts give this writer it's page.."

one of the dopest writers to grace the net, Orc is a highly respected battle writer who is trying his hand at topicals again. he had a sick showing last week, and honestly i was honored to grace the same thread as him with a verse. always a threat, and should never be slept on in any degree. look out for orc to come back strong this week with a more polished verse

c.d.m

Time is a funny thing, it can make us forget who we were, and the motivations that move us
It can rust away the chains of the soul, or rush to entwine, so that in time we lose us....

the mind fuck himself. people might not realise it based on his verse last week, or maybe they do? but this man right here is a very strong writer who if given a second chance, might actually knock the same opponent off that he lost to last week. the guy has a wicked style with vocab to match and even though he faired poorly last week.. stay on the lookout and dont take him as a joke if your matched up with him this week.

dead man

it's change, chance, choice to stay and grasp for a source
we understand. but can't describe once we've established rapport
waves lapping ashore. starship silhouettes with shadows aboard
waving goodbye to blue skies, hello axial core

possibly the most talented man in this league. dead man is a polished, hard to defeat, sick fucking writer who adds some of the dopest descriptions and vivd details ive ever seen in a verse -anywhere. he's favored to champ this league and theres really no arguing with that. the guy has every tool needed to do just that. look out!

Split

Distractions- I faltered but I believe time'll tell-
Every blip, chips diminished, stand, think I never will,
Between folded hands- written note on hands, soft as daffodils-
"you couldn't understand how i lost myself"

split is a sharp writer, the mans content can surprise you at any moment. not always the best mechanics youll ever see, but defini8tely some of the most original and dopest content you can find in a verse. his ideas alone carry the weight of his verses even in the absence of mastered mechanics. hes a problem anywhere you polace him and i wouldnt take him lightly.

Malachi

I was 22 she was 19
Dropped out but was bright like lightening
she wanted to be famous with that violin of hers
It never occurred that my vision was blurred.

malachi is an up and coming writer who is still making a name for himself, a young cat who gets better everytime i read his work. hes still finding himself and gets better with piece he drops. i feel bad for the person he flexes on when he has total control of all his talent

Coup

Now today I occupy this table chair in agony
My back turned away against life so anti me
My rib cage is unable to sigh a word to speak
It's stiff outside, hot inside in my chest oblique

very abstract writer, his ideas will blow your mind based on what i saw from him last week, he has the ability to take the obvious and paint a completely surprising picture of what your already looking in a very different way. didnt fair well last week, but i think he has the potential to really climb the ranks heavy in this league. look out for coup to come back strong in week two and shock the league with some really sick shit

Zenland

Through my darkness, I don't choose to be heartless
But the worlds got me chewed up and bruised up destined to lose before I start this
Track called life, Because it turns out I'm burned out and lack all rights
It seems I'm stuck in a dream searchin for facts all night

this guy reminds me of someone, just not sure yet who. he has a very primed style and definitely attacks his verse with strong, and deliberate content. took his battle last week and completely ran away with it if you ask me. the dude is gonna do well and i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the running for an early champ match in this league. look out for this guy

Kuja

'I miss you Steven' whispered the voice of his wife
'When are you coming to join me from that life'
His heart in overdrive, his eyes leaked salty tears
At the sound of her voice which had been absent many years

was very surprised when i read this mans verse, this is a talent that needs to go noticed. the guy has true skills and its a shame he was no showed last week. the verse he dropped was sick and needs feedback in the OM forum. look out for kuja to make some strong appearances in the weeks to come. ive even seen his name mentioned in champing this league by someone

Hello Kitty

A moth alights upon one who's seen fairer days
the color of death - rises as his sclera fades
Thorns surround memories like aloe vera strains
and death's dew contrasts his soul's sahara blaze -
such a curious countenance...a chimera's gaze.

look, i dont know where this dude came from.. always knew he had skills, but the nyc i remember wasnt this fucking polished and dope. the verse he layed last week was probably imo the verse of the league so far. if you havnt peeped what he dropped yet -you need to do so before you find yourself facing him and not knowing how sick he is. asside from the gay shit he was talking about in the chat thread.. i favor this guy heavily in this league. look out for some serious competition coming from hellokitty

POHFIG

She takes the flowers away and puts them in a hour glass vase
Her smile gave a powered display of mascara clouds on her face
I took out my phone to take a pic of her dress full of ass
She pushed out in pose, which sidetracked me into pressing the flash

another surprise read from last week came from this guy. not sure who he is yet, but i think i might have an idea, and if im right -the leagues in serious trouble. not gonna say anythiing else about it, but he was no showed and dropped one of the sickest stories in the league last week. be careful if you find yourself facing this guy in the weeks to come, i got a feeling he's the alias of one of the sickest writers ive ever had the chance to read. word

Witty

My heart it can't recede, this light in the dark is meant for me
My life is in these words, I write my scars to set me free
This book is my life, it's my wand, my suit...it's my strife
Losing my wife and kids, gave me awful blues..
...But I knew I had to choose, and I knew I was right

if you wanna talk about someone who has a set of skills that speaks for itself, then its definitely gotta be witty. ive faced him in other leagues on other sites and he was always a challenge worth stepping up for. the guy is a problem and his battle was supposed to be the best of the week.. to bad cake no showed him last week.. was it fear? or pure lazyness.. who knows. witty is a threat through. keep your guard up

Camp Bell

the lonely witness with the gold appearance and boldest spirit since midas died
i've rode wit niggas in drive-by's as strays find lives of only children, the driver side
high fives, 40 chillen but unknown to them, homie skydived on his co-defendants
i know where the blow was sitting after the drama died but never going to prison

another up and comer who is trying his hand here in the league. the dude has dope potential, he got no showed and i honestly think he just dropped a quiick verse last week because he expected as much from his opponent. dont take the kid softly though, i think he has what it takes to pull off some serious upsets in the league if he isnt taken seriously. look out for the soup king !

Nigma

My work of science was the birth of sniping, certain shot in the dark
Embark on the target, far abroad to the Nazis with the heart of marksmen
Walked in dropping lots from afar, return a carcass from the hardest of targets
I saw their medals glimmer like the eyes of venison shot in the dead of winter
SS lieutenant's in my scopes direction, head was bigger, bend the trigger

dont know much about this guy. but if he can produce verses the way he did last week at any given time, then he needs to be watched out for. nigma is a new name to me and probably most of the people on this site -but i see good things to come from him and a lotta of losses at his doing

The Following is a list of NO SHOW names.

Unfortunately for them and the rest of the league, they will not be broken down because they did not supply SHIT, nothing, FUCKING NOT SHIT. GodDAMNIT!!!!

Objective

Bleak

Mr Sinister

CakeCakeCake

Rayge

Tyson

Matriarch

Dystopian

and that list of fuck faces pretty much wraps up genos recap of what happened last week, hope yall enjoyed it. peace and GL to the rest of yall. 1

King Ra.
02-20-2013, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beI66nntjBw

No Show Love

Got no showed? Well have no fear. This is a new feature in the magazine which will show you a bit of love. You'll never have to feel like you wrote for nothing ever again. The no show drops were very dope this week. These guys certainly brought it. I will shed a little light on each piece.

[6] Camp bell
No showed by Rayge but we expected some no shows this week. Camp bell had a very short drop that went off like a gangster in a shootout with an opposing gang member. It reads pretty nice though it had some hiccups. With the picture he was given, I'm certain it was a challenge.

my whole existence has been cold and frigid
sitting wit bosses since '65, not a sinister type, jus living my life, one sip at a time
the lonely witness with the gold appearance and boldest spirit since midas died
i've rode wit niggas in drive-by's as strays find lives of only children, the driver side

[5] pohfig
The Fig dropped a V-day special (if that's what you call it) and it was actually pretty cool. Though it lacks really in any interesting content/concepts compared to the others that dropped, it was a solid piece all around. Maybe this was just a warm up & he knew his opponent would not drop. Didn't see much connection with the picture, the only instance being near the end when the guy character leaves, but that is not that close.

She finally sees what she's done and to my disbelief, she begun
Rubbing it and bent down closer and gave a lick with her tongue..
Then spit on it once and when it stood up, the pain was so throbbing
I couldn't fuck if she had two twins and a train was an option
My head's shaking and bobbing in my refusal to stop her
Futile to blocker her and my performance should be reviewed for the Oscars
Punching her pillows as if to give Gina more credit and props
When really I'm wishing she'd stop and take her head off my cock

[4] Kuja
Kuja is one of my favorites in topicals because he can tell a good story, and his piece this week was not disappointing. Titled 'Old Nick Complex', he dives in 3 rooms, with 3 characters who seem to be possessed by a voice, the last character ended up burning the whole complex to bits (oops! SPOILER ALERT). You should read it for yourself. Kuja will definitely be a force in the league.

Once an urban nightmare, now masked in a concrete jungle
A reminder of the battle, the pain & constant struggle
Once a vision, the future, born from an artist’s impression
To avoid congestion, mankind’s ascension closer to heaven
No blood was spilt; the complex was built with manpower, bricks & mortar
Finished with home comforts, polished fittings & running water
The residents became the towns envy, smitten & smug
With the world at their feet & the stars written above

[3] Witty
Witty is an established writer & it's disappointing that his opponent Cake did not show because this could have been the match of the week. In any case, Wittster left us a solid gem of a writer, trapped in a battle in which he can't seem to stop writing. One thing about Witty is he structures his pieces so well & it really brings out his stories more.

As he sits and faces a new day, his face is a blue/gray
The gloom in his basement raises his mood's flames
As the last withering flower decays in the bouquet
He meant to give his wife, and he hates that it's too late
He's standing and pacing, finding his place in his new fate
The choice he made took faith, it raised and removed weight
Now he can't regret, he has to face it and look straight
Into the eyes of grace, and the taste on his new plate

[2] Nigma
Nigma has been quietly on the rise when it comes to topicals. His drop this week shows that hands down. An interesting scheme but the imagery & detail was very rampant in his story. Who knows how things would have turned out if Tyson showed but I'm certain this piece would have been hard to beat.

But now suspicions hammered home, three nights and days we battled on, I'll have no more
Between the tanks within a shrapnel cove, shadows black as coal there was a glassy glow
"I do not move, I am a stone" my finger twitch the trigger, then a massive jolt
The bullet travels home, the sound of cracking bone as it pass his skull
Small entrance hole but back exploding with his last of thoughts
Hours after all this happened I walked down and grabbed his scope
In my assassins tome, last chapter closed
My name is Vasha, Russia's lasting hope

[1] HelloKitty
Didn't I mention Mr. NYC is a darkhorse to be AOB's first ever topical league champion? He most certainly is & his piece garners my #1 spot for No Show Love. His flow/rhyme scheme is unprecedented & his piece did not lack this at all. Not only was the flow on point, but the technical aspects of his verse were practically flawless & the content within caught me off the the bat. His opponents will have much on their hands this season.

A moth alights upon one who's seen fairer days
the color of death - rises as his sclera fades
Thorns surround memories like aloe vera strains
and death's dew contrasts his soul's sahara blaze -
such a curious countenance...a chimera's gaze.
Road to ruin which so many human eras paved,
Death grips his scythe and offers a prayer of saints.
Back then he stopped crime and shunned classless acts
Nebulous thoughts crystallize when life flashes back:
Intuition godlike.

OPEN MIC FEATURE #3

'YOU' written by zygote

You wake up tired feeling like an empty shell.
Mind blanked emotions numbed,
You think maybe today you should kill yourself.
Go to the bridge and jump,
Human scum.
You sit up and look around.
See a girl passed out on the ground.
She looks kind of young.
Fuck it. You don’t care.
You run your hand over your head,
You feel the dry vomit in your hair.
You get up from your mattress bed,
Eat a piece of cornbread.
You yawn it’s not worth the effort.
Fucking idiot. Last night remembered.
You try to think ahead.
What were you supposed to do today?
You always feel like this,
Hopefully what you have to do will go away.
You go to take a piss,
Start and realize you need to shit.
Damn today has started bad.
You try to think how it feels to be mad or sad.
You feel like only nothing can exist.
Abyss.

Split- "this was powerful.... i think that the very simple word choice gave this a poetic feel"

Genocide- "Very strong.... You continue to be in my eyes, one of the most well ballanced and technically capablee writer I've seen."

Figurative- "It leaves no room for interpretation, just the relatability of the reader with what's presented here. A powerful piece this is."

WEEK 2 PREDICTIONS

Malachi (0-1) vs. Coup (0-1)
What's the deal?- One of these battlers will enter next week with their first victory, the other will still be winless. Both Malachi & Coup suffered knockout losses week 1, though both showed promise. This will be an interesting battle.

Who wins?- A match up that can easily go either way. Malachi is still fresh to topical writing so many will probably give the edge over to Coup. I do these predictions for a reason: to see some surprises. I picked Coup last week to pull off a win over Zen & that didn't happen. Malachi says he will bring it this week. I believe in the kid. Prediction: Malachi pulls it off, 5-3.

Hmph (0-0) vs. Red Glare (0-0)
What's the deal?- Two brand new competitors join the league who, I'm most certain, are not new to the topical scene. I don't know much about either, but if week 1's matches were any indication of how good this league is & it's competitors, then I believe this match will not fall short of such.

Who wins?- I don't know either one so this prediction is solely based on a guess. I see this match being very close. My hunch is, it could be just as good as any of the spotlight showcases. We will see. I'm going to choose the guy with the stare though. Prediction: Red Glare wins debut, 5-4.

Mike Wrecka (0-1) vs. Camp bell (1-0)
What's the deal?- Intriguing match up of what looks to be two very different styles. Mike took a loss at the hands of Frank & is looking to rebound. Camp bell was no showed but dropped a lil piece nonetheless. But will that be the warm up to making it two in a row?

Who wins?- Camp bell is one of the newer heads who has impressed many with his rhyme schemes. Mike is no pushover, however. Based on their pieces last week, I'd say Wrecker has an advantage, especially coming off of that match against one of the primier writers. But don't think Camp bell won't be just as good. Prediction: Mike Wrecka sqeaks by, 6-4.

c.d.m. (0-1) vs. Rawn MacDon (0-1)
What's the deal?- Both of these gentleman took hefty losses last week. c.d.m. was a late addition & though he put up a valiant effort, it wasn't enough to woo the voters away from the dead guy. Rawn took a surprising loss IMO, I was expecting a solid win to kick off the season but his piece just didn't satisfy the readers enough.

Who wins?- If anything is certain, it's that one of these guys must be driven to come much better this week & win. Veritas requested a rematch against the dead man but it was rejected by league officials, but he understood the reason & said he'll take whoever. That right there is the fire. I guessing Rawn will have to use week 3 to recuperate & catch his first win. Prediction: c.d.m. gets on track, wins 7-2.

cakecakecake (0-1) vs. Innovator (1-0)
What's the deal?- To my disappointment, Caker did not show last week in what was potentially, the BOTW against Witty. This week, he faces The Vator, who cruised to a 6-2 victory over Rawn. Cake must redeem himself. Another no show or loss would put him at 0-2 to start the season- if he is to chase the dead man, he must win & do it consistently.

Who wins?- I picked against Vator last week & all roads lead to me doing the same here. Cake is a giant of an opponent & if he happens to show, this will be no cakewalk. Vator nonetheless showed us some mad potential & he could definitely give Caker a run for his money if he can put together a very good story. Vator, I hope this motivates you. You can be 2-0 with solid wins under your belt early in the season. Prove you're one to not take lightly. Prediction: cakecakecake shows up to victory, 8-2.

SLEEPER MATCH OF THE WEEK!!!
Zenland (1-0) vs. zygote (0-0)
What's the deal?- zygote steps in week 2 of AOWL & I'm certain he is ready to prove that he is the best. This weeks opponent, Zenland, is a confident writer looking to rise the ranks & be a force in the league. This will be his chance.

Who wins?- zygote is known to drop lightning fast & when he drops, watch out for the strike. He is a great writer who can just about switch style/technique & given time. Zen will have his hands full but he can put up a good fight if he can piece together a solid drop. Everyone loves a good underdog story but zy should take this one, barring a better story from Zenland. Prediction: zygote wins, 7-0.

SPOTLIGHT MATCHES

Genocide (1-0) vs. pohfig (1-0)
What's the deal?- pohfig is coming off a no show win but his opponent Genocide is coming off an impressive win over Orc & he looks to begin a consistent streak here. poh is obviously a veteran, and it is believed that he is Pent, whoever he is, this will be a good match judging from their pieces last week.

Who wins?- This is a difficult match to pick a winner from. It can easily go either way & preference may be the deciding factor. I thought Geno did a great job with his picture last week, incorporating it's content & making a very well written story while poh's bit didn't really have any connection to his picture at all. I'm gonna go with the one who is consistent & maybe even motivated. Prediction: Genocide wins a close one, 7-5.

Orc (0-1) vs. King Keith (0-0)
What's the deal?- If you want to know what's the deal here, peep some of the others predictions in the chat thread. What I can say is this will be a good battle. Orc shook off some rust last week & I have some shaking to do. Don't sleep on this match though. No prediction.

Witty (1-0) vs. Split (1-0)
What's the deal?- These matches just keep getting better huh? This one is oozing BOTW potential, though another match IMO gets the honors, but this one will be highly interesting. Witty was no showed by Cake, and who knows how that would have turned out if that went down. Split is coming off a sort of "warm up" victory over Malachi. Is he ready for primetime?

Who wins?- Difficult to choose a clear winner. This one should be close come voting. Witty dropped a really nice piece last week & I've mentioned before, his verse structure & storytelling ability are up there with the best. Split is a unique writer, I believe he can definitely excel in ways that could seperate him from the rest. Idk how this one will go, but Witty was not phased in showing last week against Cake, I'm thinking he will slip by 8 in a close bout. Prediction: Witty wins by a bit, 8-5.

dead man (1-0) vs. Nigma (1-0)
What's the deal?- dead man continues his quest for topical dominance & this week he is pitted against a riser in Nigma, who was no showed last week by Tyson. The question is can Nigma put together a verse that can contest Black & possibly give him what would be an unexpected loss?

Who wins?- If there is one guy who can go undefeated, it is Black. I don't see him losing in this one, at least barring he happens to not show. Nigma is a solid writer without a doubt but this match may prove to be a bit too much to pull off. Back to back KO's? Prediction: dead man cruises, 7-0.

HelloKitty (1-0) vs. Kuja (1-0)
What's the deal?- I know these two remember those ol' TS days? This match has that feel. HelloKitty looks to make it two in a row as he faces off another favorite in Kuja. Both of these guys were no showed last week, unfortunately but that didn't stop them from putting together great pieces to read.

Who wins?- Based off of what I read last week, Kuja can definitely make waves with his storytelling capability. I've always admired this ability & it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with this week. NYC on the other hand dropped what I thought was the VOTW though he got no showed (and yes, I felt it was better than dead man's jawn), and it seems he is ready to make major noise this season. He can easily do that. So do it, sir. Prediction: HelloKitty wins it, 8-2.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK!!!
Strikta (0-0) vs. Frank (1-0)
What's the deal?- The previous matches could be BOTW but I chose this one because of the added flare. Strikta, making his season debut, calls out Frank & got what he wanted, and this match up should be as good as advertised. Some question whether Frank will show or even put in the effort, but I think otherwise.

Who wins?- Both of these gentlemen are highly motivated, though you can never be sure with Frank. But I don't believe he will let this one slip by. Strikta is a good writer & if he brings it as he says, this has the makings to be a classic. A win by Strik would probably drive Frank to slack.... but I'm going to say that this will keep Frank's mojo going longer than we all may think. Prediciton: Frank edges it, 8-6.

A Word With The King Part II

King Keith: Welcome to A Word With The King. Introduce yourself to our readers.

Zenland: It's ZenLand, a.k.a Delsym, a.k.a That Guy That Everyone Doubts Will Win Because I'm New But Fuck Them. Ya dig?

King Keith: I'd dig if I had a shovel, son. I believe I predicted you to win last week though.... okay, checked last weeks mag- nahhhh. Lol. Do you believe you're an underdog this season?

Zenland: Haha shovel. I'm absolutely an underdog but honestly it's all good. I believe I can give anybody a run for their money and I'm bound to surprise some people this season for sure. BELIEVE IT!!

King Keith: That is the spirit, good sir. You cruised to a 7-0 victory over Coup. How do you feel about the win & what are your thoughts on the critique given?

Zenland: Well honestly Coups a cool cat and I was pretty surprised it was 7-0 I thought it'd be a hell of a lot closer but as far as the critique goes I appreciate all the feedback. The feedback I noticed the most was Frank's and he gave some good pointers as far as setting up topicals so I appreciate that...even though he said he wasn't sold on me as a writer lol

King Keith: That's Frank for you. Take those words & run with it like the Gumpster. So here in week 2, what matches do you look forward to & who do you have winning?

Zenland: Honestly all match ups this week look good but dead and nigma and split and witty are the ones that I think have potential for BOTW besides my own battle of course

King Keith: The size of your conceit is grand, son. Grand. I like your fire though. How do you feel about your match up against Zy this week?

Zenland: Haha I'm truly humble I promise, but I think I got him personally. Reading his post was dope though(even though I just now realized that was his verse) but I think his way with the picture could throw some people off or pull votes towards him. It could go to either of us. May the best Z win.

King Keith: Indeed. This marks the end of our discussion. Any last words or shout outs?

Zenland: Well I gotta tell you topical bastards to go drop feed on my OM piece The Cave and go vote on mine and zygotes battle. Peace and afro grease niglets. (Zenland was not told of his open mic feature in this magazine.)

Well that's it for this weeks mag, folks. Hope you guys enjoyed it. The league continues to get better & better & we're only two weeks in. Next edition we will try and raise the standards even higher. Shout out Split & Genocide for their contributions. Shout out to Malachi & Zenland for the interviews. Definite shout out to all those participating in the BEST league on the net. And they say text is dying. Writers NEVER die. Remember that. Holler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCwUxVRBXs

King Ra.
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Enjoy niggas.

Split
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
awesome mag. props to doing a lot of it yourself, ill be around to help more this week.

also I can do prediction for your match next time

hellokitty vs kuja BOTW

ZenLand VOTW

callin it now. GL all

dead man
02-21-2013, 12:42 AM
writers never die

fuckin right..

brilliant. i especially enjoyed the individual profiles from geno and the no-show shine critiques. really think it's dope to give them their fair shake at the end of the week, they deserve it and more. stellar work gentlemen..

hit me for w/e you might need in the next week's edition.. id be happy to contribute some if there's anything that needs doing

NYCSPITZ
02-21-2013, 04:06 AM
cool mag bros...appreciate the effort, read it twice

Split
02-21-2013, 04:22 AM
writers never die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXrO9gbDY5g

Geno
02-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Illmatic, your the man king.

Inno
02-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Dope fuckimg kids props on the effort...I am motivated now lol!!!

Strikta
02-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Very dope mag.

Inno
02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
lo finished ready it again..this was trully some cool shit...goe to show you how far a site can go with dedicated MODS

Zen
02-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Hands down dopest dope I ever smoked. Props to Keith, Geno and Split. Keep up the good work yall forreal

Witty
02-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Once again the mag is of the very highest standards....thanks for putting the time in dudes, it was a great read, you pretty much cover every aspect of the league with these which is dope, props bros.

Oh and thanks for the kind words, they made my heart glow.

veritas
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Respect to this.

TYSON
02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Lol @ fuck faces...

Dope mag bro seriously. Giving the no showed some shine was pure genius real talk. That was excellent.

Dope

ill nik-A
02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Nice mag gimme a week or 2

Frank
02-23-2013, 10:16 PM
^no gamble votes aight haha

elbow drop

Frank
02-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Mag is thorough, nigga needa be paid for dis shit