PDA

View Full Version : AOWL WK 3: zygote (1-0) VS. c.d.m. (0-2) [ZYGOTE WINS, 5-2.]

King Ra.
02-25-2013, 11:36 PM
16 lines minimum, 32 lines maximum.

Verses are due THURSDAY at 11:59 PST.

Extensions are due FRIDAY 3/1 at 11:59 PST. NO LATER!!!

You MUST check in.

You must vote on 3 other battles and post links. For every absent link, you will be deducted ONE vote next week.

If you no-show, you will be removed from next week and have to sign back into the league.

TOPIC: Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Good luck to both participants. zygote c.d.m.

zygote
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
The End asked The Infinite “Do you know The Way?”
The Infinite replied “I don’t know today.”
The End asked The Nothingness the same question,
The Nothingness replied “I know The Way is predestined.”
The End asked The Nothingness “Can you give specification?”
The Nothingness said “I know The Way can be high, can be low, can be centered and can be dispersed within location.”
The End asked The Beginning “So who is right, The Infinite or The Nothingness?”
The Beginning said "The One who does not know is infinitely profound; the One does knows has nothingness accompanying it."

But where is the proof?
And what is the truth?

It’s the…
Condensation of steam into a consciousness stream,
Thoughts in the air hang like an erogenous dream,
Taken in by a confidence scheme,
A quest for dominant genes contravened by quasi-ideological Nazi regimes,
The ominous scream in a place where the obvious seems like a monotonous theme,
Anomalous beams glow aquamarine,
It’s the understanding of a force greater than self,
The Lord and the creator of Hell,
It’s the electron force between each layer of shell,
The reports set in place on a shelf,
An AIDS patient’s health and steady degradation of cells,
It’s the gravitational well, the projectile towards you as oscillations propel,
The pain is compelled, some wish it on others,
Others wish it on you and the ignorant slumber while the innocent suffer,
Sisters and brothers walking with blizzards and buzzards through a wintery summer,
It’s the gunshot to the brain and the shock from the pain as your system recovers,
It’s the invisible colors and wisdom discovered,
A deliberate blunder, formed from the coldest embrace its emotions replaced with devotion to hate,
It’s the synthesis structure of Mars Cydonian face, burning away like a corrosive sodium base,
Can you cope with the pain? There’s Ibuprofen to take,
It’s an explosion in space, the conclave shockwave of motion and waves,
The ripple in the ocean displaced, in this sense the truth is just a slogan or phrase,
Because the truth is the truth within a poem of phrase.

veritas
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Check. I regret nothing.

veritas
02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Molecule Man, flotsam frontiersman,
The neuron natural, toxic tears swam.
Life’s ointment salves the wounds for compromise
Hypothesize the fossils’ tries, as silver spoons metabolize
This the deepest hole where that rabbit hides…..

Most retain just sufficient proprioceptive sensations to coordinate their base nature,
this makes Contrapuntal intervweaivng of the different experiential modes my flavor

Against epistemological subjectivism, and moral relativism’s euphoria’s morbidly
So when I state your foolish sayings are boring me, It’s not stated metaphorically

The world is wicked, carnal man is strongly deluded, the wordly wise are heavenly fools
say I am gifted, but I just wish to be excluded from the prize that the Frienemies choose

expecting a ruse, a blatant subtle serpent statement, “don’t trust the man that found it”
but what if he paid his dues between ears that aint vacant, would u then have allowed it?

Your circular logic? I get around it. I get around, with the ghost of PAC in a tan minivan
Bumping Falco’s “Rock me Amadeaus” as we plan to shrug atlas’s shoulder span

The Truth is the WORD. The WORD holds together every atom of every dimension
And every dimension aint like this dimension did I mention that eternity is HEAVEN?

With certainty I step in the pile of elephant crap to remind me that I wont ever forget
The reason I know we are destined to die outside of it? the fact everyman owes a debt

And man wants to live like GOD is asleep, weep, gnash teeth, AND THEN REGRET?
When I tried to tell you GOD is awake and sin is death, death in every breath that’s left?

mortals miss the portals, and yet let the monarch programming dictate their beliefs
Piss on the straight and narrow, then try to get in through the window like some thieves?

I know that was me, I was an enemy of GOD, I only believed in myself and my eyesight
so what if I got degrees, a nice life, a good wife, fat stacks, and can rhyme tight?

My divine right was naught, because my human shell was trapped in sin
And because of this, as deep or as high as I would get, again I would begin

Maybe this is boring you but I know that the few who give my words a spin,
Will stand at the crossroads of lost souls within what GOD shows to win

The Greatest truth of humanity is an eternal lesson which no ones wants to remember
EVERY man is full of sin and ONLY JESUS can save you from it for forever and ever

But here is the hook, never never land where you don’t want to stay if you’re clever
See how easily I can fuck your mind? We call it the double header

While krang and the shredder spread their false gospels with joel olsteen smiles
I will be reading the King James and doing my best to pass all of life’s tests and trials

I could write for miles the transcriping of thoughts carried at warp speeds,
The point is that u are doomed to die unless u can overstand why JESUS bleeds

The BIBLE knew of the seven stars of the Pleiades long before your earthly telescope
Yes I found the truth, and my advice is pray for mercy and know my hope.

Put your faith in GOD’s grace and accept JESUS’ sacrifice on the cross
Call me a lame, but in time, “I told you so” when you taking the loss

Zen
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Fuckin dope fellas.
c.d.m.: Last week I felt you was just fuckin around for the sake of fucking around but this week you came with a dope well thought out piece and I enjoyed it. Dope rhyme scheme throughout that kept the flow moving very well and the concept of this piece was dope. Just an all around good drop the only negative would be it's over 32 lines but I honestly don't think anyone's payin attention to that lol.
zygote: I hated the conversation at the beginning of the piece and thought maybe you fell off this week...but I was wrong. Imo you're one of the dopest in this league, if not the dopest, and you proved it again this week. Dope showing and the message you came with felt to me like it was asking questions which were left unanswered in the piece because they're unanswerable. Maybe that's not what you intended but that's what I got from it.

Once again dopeness from both you cats and although I want c.d.m to get a win because he needs one because hes talented as hell, I gotta vote for zygote. His piece left a lasting effect on me. Dope battle you two.

Aesthetic
02-28-2013, 06:11 PM
zygote:

First of all I didn't like the beginning. Too many "the's" and not enough intensity/almost getting to the point.

Condensation of steam into a consciousness stream,
Thoughts in the air hang like an erogenous dream,

I really saw these lyrics and the imagery though it was abstract, a remarkable ability and hopefully I can see more of this. The only real problematic line I saw was

"Sisters and brothers walking with blizzards and buzzards through a wintery summer"

Its descriptive and abstract but im just not ok with such an exageration of context like winter-summer blizzards-buzzard, it was almost like you were detailing for flow rather then meaning.

Summary is,

Be more abstract
Watch your vocab even though it makes since too you
Details Details

CMD:

Dope beginning!

I would like too add before the critique that rapping the bible isn't really fair considering the story/morals/sins/commandments are relative to the greatest story ever told. Which I see at and advantage and besides; I wanna see your work, I dont wanna have too vote on you if your just gonna preach. But dont get me wrong your shit is fucking tight though I was hoping for more mindfucks and when you said you mindfuck I was dissapointed; Looking for the "Im a badass, I dont speak about it." But like more towards everybar shit aswell, you gotta mindfuck a lot more if your gonna put mindfucking in your rhymes.

I would say about 1/3 of your lyrics need improvement but that's on terms of relinquishment. Just try to be more realistic when you mindfuck; And dont stop what your doing, just add on too it.

Summary is,

Mindfuck more
Dont talk contraversal
Create your own stories
Dont preach
Dont talk about boring the reader

So you both know, im high as fuck off hydrocodone/codiene syrup.

So like, get at me if you have questions about the critique I would be happy too edit my post too reitterate and specify what needs work when im sober.

V/Zygote

Mike Wrecka
02-28-2013, 10:22 PM
dope battle. a very workable topic if you ask me.

zygote- damn that verse was insane. ridiculous even. you kept some multis going forever line after line which is really hard to do. sick word choice and rhyme scheme throughout. and stuck with the theme.

cdm- very nice verse man. I was wrong when I said you cant create an impressive flowing verse. this was it. it had everything. good read.

overall- cdm is doing everything right but keeps getting barely beat out. this week he posted a dope verse but zygotes was just better.

vote-zyg

Geno
03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Zygote.
Your opening had me concerned for a minute. But when you got into your verse it was just nasty man.

C.d.m.
You did a lot better this week, I still think/know your capable of greatness in this league. I've seen oms from you that just blew my mind. I think you faired well against zyg but he just showed a little more superiority this week and sealed the win for me. Both of you did well with the topic.

V-zyg
Don't give up c.d.m. ..I know its there dog

Camp Bell
03-02-2013, 04:02 PM
im going with zygote on this one, he had a crazy verse. the flow was smooth throughout.
i also felt it was just a better read than CDM, who i really didnt feel his structure which
was made the read long and dragged out. good battle anyway tho.

Vote: zygote

Frank
03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Zygote. Nice flex.. If I don't say so myself. Some quotes...

It’s the invisible colors and wisdom discovered,

Veritas. Good adaptation to the quote. I went a similar path this week. Some quotes..

I know that was me, I was an enemy of GOD, I only believed in myself and my eyesight
so what if I got degrees, a nice life, a good wife, fat stacks, and can rhyme tight?

Vote - Veritas

Greater interpretation with the topic given.

Split
03-04-2013, 07:48 PM
zygote.
this was on par for certain. the opening three lines were heavy. it sort of slid into imagery, is my only complaint. i see the connect w/ the topic.

cdm. damn dog why don't you flow like that all the time.

And man wants to live like GOD is asleep, weep, gnash teeth, AND THEN REGRET?
When I tried to tell you GOD is awake and sin is death, death in every breath that’s left?

coo

but i still feel like your verse is choppy.. just linking it all up from bar to bar/ scheme to scheme/ concept to concept, felt more like a presentation than a declaration if that makes sense

it's probably because you develop arguments by asking questions.

v/ Veritas, think that he ended stronger and kept more directed throughout his verse. both battlers seemed to be diving into point by point depictions of the theme as a cautionary whole and i liked his delivery better. kind of stupid at times, but that doesnt really matter, its not the argument its how you present it this week. imo.

King Ra.
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
ZYGOTE WINS, 5-2.