PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Magazine Week 3- 'The Championship Preview' Edition.

King Ra.
02-28-2013, 12:18 AM
http://www.boston.com/business/blogs/global-business-hub/assets_c/2012/03/trophy-thumb-175x304-67271.jpg

AOWL Week 3 Magazine: The Championship Preview Edition.

Welcome to the 3rd edition of the AOWL magazine. This is the Championship Preview Edition. We are one week away from the title being put in rotation, so we will be taking a peak at the conferences, records, rankings preview & a possible championship/contenders match up scenarios. The league continues to grow & despite the amount of no shows last week, we are still 12 matches strong. Got those lovely No Show Love pieces that you probably missed out on. We recap week 2, got this weeks predictions & as always special guests who sit to have a word with the King. Let's not forget our Open Mic features. There is some very, very big additions that will be in effect this season that we will also reveal in this magazine. If you thought this league was starting to slip, you thought wrong. Now kick back & dive into this weeks AOWL magazine featuring The Game's "Sunday Service/Jesus Piece" selections. Holler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGvjX8U8_Lk

OPEN MIC FEATURE #1

'Hip Hop Hero' written by SiK

Hellish demons with selfish reasons released to lurk the streets
In search of rap relics unspoken unless worded over a perfect beat
The earths in danger as a perfect stranger arrives cloaked in black
Armed with nothing more than a mic and what’s left of a broken bat
Alleyways provide cover his pride smothers any thought of weakness
Secretly trained by the Gods so he’s ready to shadow box with demons
The Hero reveals himself no shielded stealth n everything to fight for
He likes war, blood stains remain from past enemies on his mic chord
The son of death approaches, with unaffected focus he squares his feet
On sacred ground, were challengers of the past have fallen, buried deep
He draws a blade with paws of rage always noticed for his heroic actions
Throwin slashes with a sword heated and formed by the throat of dragons
Plugged into his mic jack he fights back, words alone can destroy the demons
He deploys his freedom of speech and defeats em with the voice of reason

what the readers are saying....

Sharp Nine- "Liked the heavily imagery-driven approach you took, really brought out some nice moments. That, paired with some nicely rhymed/flowing parts created a really nice drop.

Zenland- "I really dug the inner rhymes you had laid in throughout to keep the flow going."

Figurative- "The wording here was great, very clear and concise, perfect for a storyline. All in all, i enjoy the piece."

WEEK 2 RECAP

Rawn MacDon sneaks by c.d.m., 6-4.- What was at first thought to be an almost certain KO for Rawn, turned into a slugfest, as voters started to swing towards Veritas near the end but not enough to take the win. It seemed as if the early voters were not impressed with V's piece at all but the late voters thought otherwise. As said by Aesthetic in reference to voting for c.d.m., "He had a deeper storyline that was straight and on point. It also seems like he put a lot more thought into it, which usually means there is a lot more meaning behind the eyes." Rawn put together a solid piece, but it seems as if readers are still waiting for that gem. He enters next week with his first victory (1-1) while c.d.m. falls to 0-2.

Mike Wrecka earns first win over Camp bell, 6-1.- Wrecka added 1 to the win column, as he cruised to an easy 6-1 victory over Camp last week. A great storyline & solid character progression was enough to get the voters approval as Camp bell seemed to struggle with his piece. "yea man, i was struggling with it cuz i couldnt get a feel for the pic.... mike you bodied this shit tho fam, good shit!!" was his response after the first vote dropped. He did receive a vote however but that wasn't enough.

dead man adds another KO, knocking off Nigma, 6-0.- One of the rising talents in the AOWL, Nigma, battled against the heavily favored dead man, losing 6-0 last week in what was one of the highly anticipated battles. Don't let the 0 votes fool you. Many were impressed with Nigma's showing & his verse could've beaten many of the other verses in week 2. However his opponent was overwhelming, putting together a very creative conceptual piece that wow'd the voters greatly. Said c.d.m. in his vote, "Deadman was just on another level.... I am learning you, I see what you do, the abstract imagery metaphor. I have seen many fail at this and yet you succeed. I love the message you convey.... Epic." Dead man has beaten his first two opponents by a count of 15 votes to nothing. Nigma looks to bounce back this week.

zygote stuns Zenland 28 mins in, 6-1.- Maybe it was the fact Zy did not like the picture he was given. Maybe it was just his creative approach to the image. Maybe it was just because.... zygote is THAT good. It showed last week as he shocked The Zenmaster, 6-1, posting a verse 28 mins after the match was set up. It's nothing new, as zygote has always been known to put together a topical the same day the time to the deadline kicks off. His approach to the picture this week was noted heavily by the voters, one even stating that zy was possibly strategic in somewhat challenging his opponent to come up with something more clever. Zen dropped a solid piece but it wasn't enough to get a victory. He faces another tough challenge this coming week.

Coup shuts out Malachi for his first W, 9-0.- The young Malachi didn't do enough to challenge his opponent, as once again, he falls by a knockout, 9-0, this time to Coup. Voters didn't like the very weird ending that the Prophet came up with, which seemed to be the Achilles heel to his loss. Voters stated that he has great potential & he still needs some more time to continue fine tuning his skills. The Coupe dropped a nice piece which had some mixed reviews, but nonetheless was enough to get the W. Malachi falls to (0-2) & has signed out for the time being, while Coup looks to build on momentum and earn his second straight victory.

pohfig wins thriller over Genocide, 5-4.- This battle came down to the very last vote. That's how good this match up was. Pent managed to edge it out 5-4, in what turned out to be one of surprising match ups last week. The votes went back & forth which is very rare to witness. Some were impressed by poh's creative take on the image & his exceptional wording, while others were loving Geno's scheme & entertainment value. This battle could've went either way as both competitors were looking to earn the 2-0 start. The final vote came down to dead man who stated, "i hate to break the tie because it feels too heavy but i gotta throw my vote to POHFIG. simply for producing the more thoughtful piece of writing this week." While Geno looks to recover this coming week, poh faces off against dead man, in a match that would more than likely pit the winner in the first championship match of the season.

A Word With The King, Session I: Nigma Discussion.

King Keith: First off as always, introduce yourself to our readers.

Nigma: Greetings mortals, I go by Nigma, on Netcees I was Nigma the Nephalem, and before then have simply been known as Enigma. Mr E, the jack of all trades and man of many names, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

King Keith: Word. By the way, happy birthday man. You turned 24 today. How does it feel & what have you been up to/or still plan on doing?

Nigma: Appreciate it! Been a quiet morning so far, went out to lunch, and have some dinner plans soon, fam is cookin up some of my favorite food and I'm pretty excited to muck tbh.. Since its a midweek birthday I'll probably just get drunk at the house with family and friends but this weekend is going to be a wild one for sure

King Keith: Ain't nothing like spending time with the good, ol' family, indeed. Don't go out and do anything you would regret off the liquor though. So let's dive into the AOWL. What do you think of the league so far & what are your expectations this season?

Nigma: I'd like to think that my wild days are behind me, but all mayhem is fair game once the whiskey hits my lips! I'm honestly extremely impressed with the caliber of talent across the board in this league. It encourages everyone to constantly bring their A-Game and makes for some terrific reads each week. As far as expectations for this season, I feel we already have an extremely solid foundation to work off of and I expect things only to go up from here. As far as personal expectations, I am just looking to have some of these writers to grow more accustomed to my writing style, what I'm capable of, and what to expect from me on a weekly basis. People have recently stated I've been improving, and although that may be, I feel it's more-so that these individuals are beginning to get to know me as a writer. I'm confident in my writing abilities and during the course of this season I expect the general public to understand why.

King Keith: You are definitely one of the risers in this league. Last week you faced off against dead man, whom we all know as Black himself, and you lost, 9-0. What did you think of dead man's piece & how did you feel about your verse compared to his? Could you have wrote more, was the image a challenge?

Nigma: To be honest, I had a hard time finding motivation for that particular image. Aside from being busy for the portion of the week, time I did have to work on it was hindered by writers block. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the time to write a longer verse. Once I got a start on it, I had some momentum and I feel I could have added a lot to make it a longer and more enjoyable read. But, at the same time, I feel the extra effort I coulda-shoulda-woulda put into would have been in vein when taking Blacks verse into consideration. He came up with the concept I wish I had thought of and did a fucking amazing job with it. I have absolutely no problem taking that loss against him, however I look forward to a potential rematch down the road. He's the type of competition that encourages any opponent to dig deep and put everything into a verse just to make the battle close. Nothing but respect for him.

King Keith: Well said. This coming week you're up against me (how ironic), are you prepared & how do you feel about our topic? Also, what matches are you looking forward to & who are some of your winners this week?

Nigma: I'm excited to work on this weeks battle. I'll be keeping the quote in mind this evening and see what I can get brainstormed tonight, then I'll be dedicating tomorrow afternoon to getting it written. Quotes as opposed to images seem to offer less limitations so hopefully we'll be seeing some creative verses this week.

Without a doubt the battle I look forward to most this week is deadman and pohfig. If both show up and write at the level we expect them to I can see that battle being one of the best this league has to offer. I would rank them 1 and 2 from what I've read so far, and the aftermath of this clash will dictate which is which. When the dust clears, I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner of this battle going on to be the first champ of the league.

Geno vs Camp Bell should be another entertaining one this week. Although the records are similar, I'd give Geno the definite edge although I wouldn't be surprised if Camp made it a tough decision. Zygote vs CDM, I've got to lean towards Zygote. He's a writer I'm quite familiar with, the two of us having wrote on the same site for quite some time, a lesser known battle site that has since died. I know CDM is better then hes shown so far and I'm excited to see him write in a more serious manner, however he's got his hands full this week. Frank and Zenland is another interesting battle, two writers with very different styles. The contrast can either favor one writer or the other, however I feel that this will be one that's going to be a tough call.. If I had to guess, I'd lean towards Frank.

Those are the ones I'm bold enough to call, however there are going to A LOT of close ones this week in my opinion, I just hope everyone shows up!

King Keith: Lot of dope matches, indeed. This could be the first week where every battle goes down, which will make my work for next week's mag, even tougher, haha. We will see what happens. Well birthday boy, this concludes our discussion. Appreciate you taking the time out to talk. Any shout outs or final thoughts you have for our readers?

Nigma: First off, big ups to you Keith. This writers league is heart and soul of the site right now and you are doing a fantastic job keeping it together and moving forward. Dope mags weekly on top of the standard obligations of putting together matches and assigning topics. Aside from all that you take the time for in depth votes on several matches a week, that's some dedication and I for one appreciate it! I believe it's Genocide helping you out so ups to him as well, thanks for everything gentlemen!

King Ra.
02-28-2013, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSqeQlnOhJQ

NO SHOW LOVE

Once again, dedicating the time to give those no show verses love. Because we all know your opponents were scared. Yeah... SCARED.

"Hall of the Slain" by Innovator

This fell way short of the 50 lines that Vator stated he was going to drop at check in, but then again, it'd had been a waste being that he ended up being no showed. Nonetheless let's check out his piece & see what he put together.

“With Glory surely ahead
The winds filled with the scent of home
Id rather be here instead, war is never out grown
Calm sea’s is all I see…searching for that storm”

Off bat when I read this opening, I immediately felt that poetic vibe. What makes this read so well is the rhyme scheme, which transitioned smoothly. If you didn't peep his match up thread, the picture was of a ship in the ocean heading towards a giant dragon. This introduction gives us a bit of taste of what this story will tell.

The dragon age disintegrates all
That has been and regenerates none
Prolific lit tongue integrates rhetoric
In the faces of our sons, now pessimists ‘
From the fear of all out pestilence.
So they cower the cowards sour at the
Site of the beast

But we must defend……

I don't know if this is some sort of new trend, as Nigma also had a poetic-like verse this week, but this short line format seems like a coming trend. Once again, the scheme is pretty solid, to be able to keep from losing the reader. This almost reads like the opening section, giving us a tiny bit more detail. The only knock I really have is there isn't enough really revealed here to begin drawing me in, would have been nice if more lines were added.

She’s a feet, a monument of a task
With said fact we march east
To kill the scaly hag
A steady wind and sturdy boat
A ready sword and lumpy throat
Nerves itching from under the skin
Wars inching closer, its wonder is sin
To the pits we march and death steps aside
We tip toe in the mush, almost burning alive
Up the river bend and through the flames

the dragon is set to play its reindeer games

Here is where the story comes into clearer view. Imagery is somewhat lacking. It's very descriptive which is the highlight of this piece, but the image wasn't really incorporated to it's fullest capacity. The rhyme scheme has been solid throughout & Vator does a great job with descriptions. This piece could have certainly used more lines & a some creativity, but then again, he could have struggled thinking of a story with the image given as did other battlers had during the week. All in all, a nice piece that could use a bit more content, imagery & some creative storytelling. I'm sure Vator is looking to step it up a notch this week.

"o.D." by Frank

They say we die twice... Once when the breathe leaves our body and once when the last person we know says our name.

Close your eyes and feel that fucking rush that everybody's talking about...
Yeah it's a ten dollar high but I got these hundred million dollar coffins picked out -
You ever been cordially invited to a coroners couch???
Sat across from somebody that-had-that-look like they about ta snap?
& everybody laughs and the tension cracks like A lumberjack axe sawing in half, hogs in the back,
in the back of the torturers house....?
You ever walk past morgues in your town with a sword & a smile,
pacing back and forth with a frown?
Waiting for the first person to turn the corner and BLOAH!!!!!!
You ever drove around with a corpse in your porsche with your top down listening to Pac while
The law puts strips down and you spin out - get out - and POP!POW!
Your pulse is now... Wow............
187 beats per second...........
You're having a cow - now settle down, I'm going to grab a fork and a towel -
Gorge on the scowl - black out. get lost and then found
Absorb enormous amounts of Xylazine from the horses carroll
You ever looked into-a scorners eyes with adoring moral ,
And saw evil forming inside their corneas cloud?
-You ever saw a child drawing chalk around-yellow tape enforcing a crowd?
jump roping in front of the hounds in the playground on Dr. Kevorkians grounds?
You ever hung upside down off the cross while the warden was bound -
Took a tour of New York's poor in impound -
Smell hell - let the sulfur surround - open the door to it's gown -
We're in the underbelly of the sword swallowers mouth being coerced in it's dose;
This is a recording from the walkie-talkies accounts; endorsing your oust
I've over dosed; Holy ghost; launched to a trounce...
At the gate way, where, drugs get you across unannounced.

If this battle went down, who knows how it would've turned out, but Frank took the no show win, and left us with a bit of a taste of a story this week. His piece centers around a drug experience & he uses many different elements to describe it. The first thing I was impressed with was the rhyme scheme. I've been seeing a lot of dope rhyme schemes which really bring out the quality of pieces. Frank's was very nice, great transitions. Imagery was also a plus. Storytelling wise, this had potential, compared to the picture that this was written to, I was hoping for a classic Frank story line, but this was more of a conceptual approach taken. Nonetheless, a solid written piece by one of the better writers in this league.

"Chapter 8: Molly's Intervention" by King Keith

"To supress one's mind, the thinker must first divide between what's real & a lie. Space & time, matrix wide where spaceships hide."- Dr. Phillip Colbott, The Power of a Child's Imagination, chap. 1, pg. 3.

PART I. The Analysis.

There is a fine line between-
fiction & truth. Just picture the roots.
A tight rope of nostalgia from missing the days of your youth.
Must be the reasoning behind her oath of silence, ill feelings removed.
Or the dead chill in the air which consumed all that stood in the room.
It's science renewed. Defiance construed. With bias imbued
within the bounds of a liars cocoon tied to a higher pursuit.
S'why the great minds take risk & aspire to prove,
that anything is possible when you set fire to rules.
We acquired the tools then hired some fools, with hopes of unlocking a mystery.
One which breached the bounds of a psychics reach mentally
& if recorded, would make every bit of history splendidly.
We've searched endlessly & now that day is finally here,
opened the door to her room-
....... & gazed upon a wondrous masterpiece meshed with our greatest fear.

this week King dropped a dope verse only to be no showed. no doubt a great piece that deserves some praise as well as constructive criticism..so lets begin. first off this starts off a bit choppy with the flow and the wording in some lines lended to that fact. but towards the end of this first part the flow and wording piccked up and the story actually started to come together...first half of this wwas a bit abstract..wrong word, no real direction. the last 6 lines if this was outstanding story telling with great mechanics to get that dope story across. so far so good folks.

PART II. The Occurrence.

Molly stood at the center infused with a luminous energy.
A vast mass of water stretched out far beyond, a beautiful, pleasant scene.
The city stood in a distance as if afloat with the clouds,
the heavens opened up & the sun shined, then Molly turned around.
"Are you pleased, Doctor?-
.... who could have dreamed or authored such a dazzling display,
a resounding visual of an imagination conveyed & a realistic image portrayed.
"I am pleased, Molly. You've been a very good girl today.
The world shall be amazed at this discovery"-.... but then a sudden change.
The waves began to rage. The city swayed.
The sky darkened into a hue of bluish gray.... a ghoulish haze.
"Doctor I refuse to stay, you promised to set me free.
You said I'd see my parents again- you're a liar & a thief.
I don't care what you think, nor what you believe.
You will never use me again & this world will not be able to see."
What we originally deemed as the sun was most certainly not.
Because the temperature in the room rose til it got scorching hot.
My staff caught fire, running amock & before they started to rot,
I watched Molly ascend to the heavens-
.... a child's mind can be as vast as a barren desert
& as dangerous as an archangel wielding a weapon.

the flow continues to improve here. you go in with this part lol the scene seems to be coming together nice and as i was reading this the imagery become so much clearer. i pictured a young girl placing her hopes on a person(in this case dr colbott) who promised her freedom from her anguish and pain..and when she gets to the edge of serinity she gets pulled back and returns with anger. reminds me of jean grey's story tbh. overall this was some fire man. at first i wasnt really feeling the direction but you managed to bring it together very nicely man...when i got to the end i honestly said to my self...Ha!, that was a dope ending lol...could of used a stronger opening sequence but other than that..this was a dope verse. imho its open for a continuation....

OPEN MIC FEATURE #2

"ARTEMIS ROADKILL" written by dead man

new conviction, noose affliction, hang me to pass
euphemism - true religion, related at last
neutralism, view the prism, stop. find your description
find agreement, peer reviews, now it's science to children
objectivity and symbolism. divided conditions
numbers represent a thirst for quantifiable wisdom
moral fiber and fiction - imagination's faithful regrets
ACT like you have a future while you're taking the test.
SAT upon your chair, where darkness carefully crept -
theres no blanket or breast that can replicate the safety of death
aquarius wept a water-world Atlanticus prime
showed my face at Sunday mass and watched a pastor resign
it's not passionate drive. or maybe that's all that it is,
coughing charcoal arteries and carcinogens
while roadkill rots and fertilizes, Artemis lives
twin dragon arson persists. firefights, Apolloan myths
spit on your gravestone to prove a zombie exists
but he's never seen a coffin or crypt.

what the readers are saying....

cakecakecake- "Readers more familiar with the myths might enjoy this even more than I did, but even in the portions where the message was a bit muddy for me I still enjoyed the form. Good stUff, fer sure."

Split- [i]"what really rings a bell for me is the dimly lit metaphors branching out from the heart of the verse into abstract aspects of being human... the way you sidestepped the artificial feel of indirect concepts with authentic false memories/ actual memories that somehow make readers feel nostalgic.

Genocide- "Whole piece was flooded with subtle metaphors, very dope way to say something and then define it suddenly and shortly thereafter with a couple different words. Your definitely one of the masters of this particular technique."

A Word With The King

We have some new additions to the league. In this edition of 'A Word With the King', I will break down these new additions which further enhances this league even more.

Introducing.... The Awards.

Yes, at the end of this season, as with the end of future seasons, awards will be given out & kept on record. I will be looking to have a special sub forum added for record keeping but that's down the road. Let's review the awards which will be given out.

AOWL Topical Champion (given to the winner of the end of season tournament between the Titanium conference champion & the Platinum conference champion)

AOWL MVW (given to the leagues Most Valuable Writer)

AOWL MIV (given to the leagues Most Improved Writer)

AOWL BOTY (given to the leagues chosen Battle of the Year)

AOWL VOTY (given to the leagues chosen Verse of the Year)

AOWL Titanium Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Titanium Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Platinum Conference Champion (given to the winner of the Platinum Conference tournament bracket winner)

AOWL Regular Season Champion (given to the regular season's number one ranked writer)

AOWL Voters Recognition Award (given to those who dedicate the time to place votes in battles)

There is another change to the AOWL & that is in reference to champion & contender match ups:

Being that there are two conferences, champion & contendership matches will always pit the top ranked Titanium conference member against the top ranked Platinum conference member in title matches & the second ranked in both conferences in contender matches.
(this is subject to change any time during the season, depending on how things work out.)

In the event that activity seems to dip, the format will change. Until then if it ever happens, this system will be implemented. This will give every battler an opportunity to get a title shot. But of course, winning is everything. No show wins won't jump you up the ladder as fast as a non-no show win would. Also, the strength of your opponent plays a major part in your ranking. It's not all about your record! No shows & losses are a negative impact to your overall standing!!!

Also, be on the lookout for different topical challenges throughout the rest of the season. Every writer will be challenged & you never know what lies ahead in your road to be crowned the AOWL Topical Champion.

King Ra.
02-28-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3AAuQ1DtLQ

AOWL POWER RANKINGS:

1. dead man (2-0)------- this week: VS. pohfig (2-0)
key wins: nigma, + key losses: none.
A win this week against pohfig will place dead man in this seasons first championship title match & add another key victory this season.

2. pohfig (2-0)------- this week: VS. dead man (2-0)
key wins: genocide, + key losses: none.
pohfig has quietly risen the ranks & has a chance to make a huge statement in this coming match against dead man. A win puts him in the championship match. A loss won't hurt either, as he will more than likey earn a spot in the contender match next week.

3. Frank (2-0)------- this week: VS. Zenland (1-1)
key wins: mike wrecka, + key losses: none.
Frank is off to a good start & this week faces Zenland. Staying focus is key. A loss here will hurt & drop him a bit in the rankings.

4. Innovator (2-0)------- this week: VS. Mike Wrecka (1-1)
key wins: rawn, + key losses: none.
The Vator has been rising. A win against Wrecka will put him in the championship as the Platinum conference representer. Can he pull off the victory?

5. Genocide (1-1)------- this week: VS. Camp bell (1-1)
key wins: orc, + key losses: none.
A tough loss last week, but a win here will definitely put Geno back on track.

6. Mike Wrecka (1-1)------- this week: VS. Innovator (2-0)
key wins: none. key losses: none.
After losing week 1, Mike looks to make it 2 straight as he looks to give The Vator his first loss this season.

7. zygote (1-0)------- this week: VS. c.d.m. (0-2)
zygote gets in the championship match with a win here & a Innovator loss.

8. Zenland (1-1)------- this week: VS. Frank (2-0)
The Zenmaster can jump up some spots if he manages to pull off the upset over one of the best writers in Frank.

9. Nigma (1-1)------- this week: VS. King Keith (1-0)
Despite the loss to dead man, Nigma can possibly get into the championship match but he would need a dead man loss, a zygote loss & Innovator loss to slide in there.

10. Rawn MacDon (1-1)------- this week: VS. Coup (1-1)
key wins: none. key losses: Innovator, -
Rawn MacDon got a w last week & looks to keep up the momemtum.

WEEK 2 PREDICTIONS

Vinzr (0-0) VS. Aesthetic (0-0)
What's the deal?: Two new competitors join the best writing league on the net & make their debuts. Very little is known about these two so there isn't much I can really say. As good as a lot of these matches have been so far this season, if this one goes down, hopefully it lives up with the trend.
Who wins?: This is a toss up here really. Never read anything from either competitor. Word through from the grapevine is that Aesthetic is pretty good. I'll play my hand on that tidbit. PREDICTION: Aesthetic wins debut, 6-1.

Rawn (1-1) VS. Coup (1-1)
What's the deal?: MacDon is coming off a tight victory over Veritas in which, if voting lasted another day, possibly would've swung the other way, but nonetheless he edged it out. This week he is up against the Coupe, who's also coming off of a win, 9-0 over Malachi. This should be an interesting match up of two completely different styles of writer.
Who wins?: Rawn has yet to truly show his best though his schemes have been on point. Coup has slowly been building up as a riser with great potential & he has the chance here to take another step forward. Does he have enough to pull off an upset over MacDon, who is still trying to find his footing? I will play this one close to the chest. PREDICTION: Rawn sneaks by, 5-3.

Red Glare (1-0) VS. TYSON (0-1)
What's the deal?: Iron Ty returns after a one week hiatus & looks to redeem himself after no showing in week 1. His opponent, Red Glare, made his debut last week but was no showed. It appears Red is a seasoned vet at topicals, so Tyson should not take this battle for granted.
Who wins?: Tyson is one of a few who have steadily risen as a writer. He's pulled off wins against some good competition in the past, but now after a bit of a break, can he continue to rise or will he take a stepback.... or two? Mr. Barakon is probably hungry to write & with the championship to be put in rotation starting next week, a win here will put him that much closer to getting a taste. PREDICTION: Red Glare pulls it off, 6-3.

Mike Wrecka (1-1) VS. Innovator (2-0) [SLEEPER MATCH OF THE WEEK] [UPSET OF THE WEEK]
What's the deal?: Wrecka got back on track pulling off a win against Camp last week & two straight victories would look very nice. He is up against The Vator, who looks to be an undercover force in this league. The pictures are tossed so the doors are wide open. Will The Vator beat another solid writer?
Who wins?: This match up can go either way. Mike seems to be catching momentum and winning last week should add fuel to that fire while The Vator looks to get another key win in an impressive start to the season. Now usually playing the favorites is the safe way to go & who can go wrong with choosing Mikey? On the other hand the underdog can bite- and, well.... I see The Vator making a statement here. PREDICTION: Innovator upsets Wrecka, 7-5.

zygote (1-0) VS. c.d.m. (0-2)
What's the deal?: It's the Fastest Writer Alive versus Mr. Freud's Teacher in what should be a very intriguing match up. Veritas nearly came back in votes against Rawn last week but suffered his second loss in a row, while Zygote's debut ended in an impressive KO victory. Veritas is a competitor and never backs down from a challenge, don't be surprised if this one goes down early.
Who wins?: Zygote is a problem match up for anyone he is up against because he can switch styles so easily without any missteps. Veritas shouldn't be phased & will not be phased. Question is, can he produce a solid piece of writing to give the voters something to think about. I believe he can but it won't be quite enough. PREDICTION: Zygote wins, 7-2.

Genocide (1-1) VS. Camp bell (1-1)
What's the deal?: Camp bell is looking to redeem himself after suffering a 6-1 loss to Wrecka last week, and this weeks match gets no easier as he faces off against Genocide, who lost a last vote thriller to pohfig last week. Both of these competitors are looking for win number 2, but who here wants it more is the question.
Who wins?: This is one of those match ups where you can probably say the more renowned writer will win & that's what we have with Geno. If anything, last week showed that this guy never lets up, even if the topic/picture is a challenge. Camp bell has the skills but really hasn't shown us his potential though his rhyme scheme game is on point. He will have to construct a well written piece to topple Giant Geno. He will improve but I'm picking the veteran here. PREDICTION: Genocide wins easily, 7-0.

dead man (2-0) VS. pohfig (2-0) [BATTLE OF THE WEEK]
What's the deal?: It's as if every week all eyes are on dead man & what he comes up with next. A win here more than likely guarantees him a spot in the first championship match of the season. But the other guy here is no pushover. pohfig is coming off that last vote victory over Geno, and his writing so far this season has been very good. If there is anyone who can possibly pull off the upset, he can do it. Will he turn the tide of power in the league?
Who wins?: Black has KO'd both of his opponents this season & both are pretty solid writers. A win here probably puts him in a very good position to go undefeated this season. Pent is a great writer & we can expect probably a very tight match up with votes possibly swinging either direction. Who would you choose? Pent will have to put together a really good piece to make it tight against Black. I see some votes possibly going his way, but Black secures a championship spot right here. PREDICTION: dead man wins, 7-3.

Frank (2-0) VS. Zenland (1-1)
What's the deal?: The Zenmaster faces another challenge this week, this time against Frank, who looks to also get a spot in the championship match. So far, Frank has showed up this season & he must be really motivated to prove his worth. However, he must not take his opponent lightly. Though Zen lost to zygote last week, he has the chance to establish himself as one of the up & comers, so I expect nothing short of a solid challenge.
Who wins?: When Frank gets really creative, it's damn near impossible to beat him. That could easily happen here. Zen needs to come up with a creative piece with little to no mechanical errors because any slip up may be the difference between pulling an upset, making it close or getting KO'd. He has talent but I see Frank putting another nail in the coffin here. PREDICTION: Frank in a blow out, 7-0.

Dave (0-0) VS. Mac (0-0)
What's the deal?: Another set of newcomers in the league face off here as Dave goes up against Mac. From what I know, they have a bit of a history, so I'm expecting this to be an interesting match up. Both writers have a shot here to woo the readers/voters & after this week, we will have a bit of an idea who is bringing what to the table.
Who wins?: Another toss up match. I don't have anything here to build on other than taking a guess. I'm guessing Dave is not new & has been doing this writing thing for some time. I will take the chance with that. PREDICTION: Dave wins, 8-2.

HelloKitty (1-1) VS. Witty (1-1)
What's the deal?: What is the deal with these two? Two of the more funny guys on AOB (or maybe weirdos), with mad talent when it comes to writing, but both were no showers last week, disappointingly. This week is a chance for redemption & if this battle does go down, it most certainly will be one of the better match ups this week.
Who wins?: Whoever shows up wins. If both do, then it's a close one at the end with votes probably coming down to preference & creativity. Both of these guys can write so I expect this to go down to the wire. Witty's storytelling is one of the best in this league, while NYC oozes the potential to be the best here. He is my darkhorse selection for champion. I won't give up on him just yet, but another no show puts him down the dumps where the Cakester is. If NY shows, I'm banking he wins. PREDICTION: HelloKitty in a close one, 7-5.

Defiant (0-0) VS. Split (1-1)
What's the deal?: This match was added to the line up a day later but nonetheless it is most certainly going down. Enter Defiant, coming to dabble in the topical fever against Split, who had a no show last week, looking to re-establish himself. Many questions arise on both sides of the fence, we will see which competitor will take the W here.
Who wins?: Hard to decide really. Split is going through some real life issues it seems, so he hasn't really been around as much & time seems to be a bit against him. Defiant hasn't written anything for a good minute from what I know of so he must be looking to shake some rust and see what he can do. This all is dependent on Split really. If he shows, I believe he takes this but not easily. Defiant shakes the rust, but falls short here. PREDICTION: Split wins a tight one, 5-4.

A Word With The King, Session II: The Vator Discussion.

King Keith: Introduce yourself to our readers, sir.

Innovator: Whats good peeps and peepettes if theres any in the league lol. i go by innovator or as some of you have coined vator..which in hinesight makes me feel jelous cuz its a dope name...but on to the intro, ive been around for a while, for those who didnt know prolly dont care. i was numerix on NC. been around for a while jumped from site to site till i found this one..which seems to be the only one with an active league. thats about it, looking forward to competing this league has alot of talent i would love to bite from...not saying im a biter..but for later purposes..like the internet goes dead revives but all the history gets wipes off complete...i take some of your verses post them on the new internet as my own...i get respect, bitches
bow with no one the wiser...

King Keith: LMFAO. What an introduction, sir. Classic. So how's living? Any plans this coming weekend?

Innovator: well tbhh, im a home body myself. i work 6 days a week so i just chill at home smoking mad amounts of weed. shit now that i think about it im high all the time, all the time

King Keith: 6 days a week? What is your occupation? And damn.... your brain cells must be enhanced to the 2nd power by now, huh? Haha.

Innovator: every plant looks like weed to me...its gift and a curse, im a construction worker
cuz i failed to pay attention in school. pays the bills lol

King Keith: Hahaha. I feel you. And word? I do construction as well. What a coincidence. Now to the matter at hand, what is your take on the league thus far this season & what are your expectations?

Innovator: werd.

the league

the league is prolly the best ive seen in a bit. its a shame what SV is going through right now...but this league doesnt seem like it will have that problem. didnt like 8 more people sign uo for next week. and we only in week 3, dam. mad props on the dedication from you and genocide as well as split. ive said this before a league is only as good as its moderators. if the MODS shows interest then members will do the same and the league will continue to flourish. one thing though seeing alot of extension, feel like cutting the deadline from 7 to 5 days is a good idea if i do say so myself cuz i just said so myself lol....i mean im sure people will still ask for extension but it wont feel like forever for the next week to start.

i guess what im trying to say is..the league magnificent.

King Keith: I can most definitely toast to that. So right now you're 2-0, going for win number 3 this week against Mike Wrecka. How do you feel coming into this match up & what do you think of your topic?

Innovator: man this is the second time i face MC..i lost to him on NC and it was close..i think mic posted in haste lol..but yeah man really im 1-0, i hate claiming no show wins. and shouts to rawn for the battle.. as far as the topic goes. that shit had me scratching my head foreal foreals..im at the gas station peepin the topic on my phone and when i saw it i said aloud...WTF is this bullshit. lol

but once i wrapped my head around it i got a concept..actually writing it inbetween your questions..or am i answering your questions inbetween writing? is that the same thing?

King Keith: No it's not the same. It's the same because you left the possibility of the similarity, while underlying the possible chance of a difference. But that's the kind of shit you have to deal with when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Lol. Definitely best of luck in your upcoming battle. Any match ups you have your eyes on & who are some of your winners this week?

Innovator: lmao...battles huh..well that frank and zenland should be dope. cdm and zygote i peeped earlier..man i gotta sit down and read those again cuz the skills just have me amazed lol..its a toss up there. havent seen tyson but herd hes dope and red glare is def no slouch look out for him. but that deadman and poh should me epic...peeped aesthetics verse..dude is onpoint..thats about it. looking for anothe dope verse from geno...and hopefully witty gets a match cuz dudes nice with it to..i would enjoy seeing him lose gracefully...sup witty lol...nigma should have an easy week.

King Keith: Haha. That's word. Appreciate the time you took to have this discussion. This marks the end of our journey. So do you have any shout outs or final thoughts you'd like to put down?

Innovator: shouts to the league MODS..looking forward to the competition..

i leave with this little tidbit

artifical raspberry flavor is milked from the anal glands of beavers.
thats fact look that shit up.
pz

Well that's our close to another edition of the AOWL magazine, week 3 Championship Preview edition. The season continues to move forward as we near our first championship match up. I will try and get this magazine done in a more timely fashion, but bare with me, I'm trying to make amends with work & my time devoted to the league. Nonetheless I look forward to this weeks match ups & the continuing growth of the AOWL. Shout outs to Nigma, and a happy birthday to you, & Innovator for their time with this weeks interviews. Shout out to Vator for the no show critique on my verse. Shout out to Genocide for his input on the new additions to the league. A major shout out to all who participate & vote. Without you, the league would not be running the way it does. Hope you enjoyed this weeks edition. Til next time. It's the King, signing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4IB9oZfn0

King Ra.
02-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Enjoy, niggas.

Inno
02-28-2013, 12:49 AM
i actually read the entire thing..first time thats happened

this was a great read and a well put together mag, no bull..straight to the meat of the league.

props.

Rawn M.D.
02-28-2013, 12:55 AM
LOL; well done King Keith...

but ayo Innovator...u were not alone with the head scratching on that one...i rmbr kickin it with a female, and being like wtf I gotta write a rhyme on the statue of liberty...and she laughed @ me...so word...maybe I should stop key'n my verses at the last min, but I like the urgency factor...

but what Im seeing voting wise is ppl have taken notice to my word choice (which is deliberate, I've always said there is 1000 ways to say one thing, but there is only one way to say what u want correctly,) and my schemes (but I feel that scheme wise, although one of my strong suites, in topicals, sometimes it goes overlooked, but thats just the audio side of me, and tbh I really don't want to alter that bc it may affect my irl steeze...non-the-less I appreciate the voter input, and do take that sht to heart so thank you aryone...

now c.d.m.; man LMFAO @ that sht u wrote, I guess u been itchin' to psycho-analyze me, so u seized the opportunity..i can't fault u though, I was amused/entertained..and if time permitted, and if i read prior to writing (which I don't typically do, bc it may change my approach and effort) I may have done what Zygote suggested...::shrugg:: good match though.

~RustyGunZ~
02-28-2013, 01:08 AM
did this keith fella just review his own verse

NYCSPITZ
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM
very dope ty

Inno
02-28-2013, 01:18 AM
did this keith fella just review his own verse

i reviewed it.

Rawn M.D.
02-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Of course he did Knucklehead...

what u think that being 'King' was just a figurehead position? Its much more then that, U get to review and vote on ur own stuff too...thats how his 'rule' perpetuates itself...duh.
Plus, big up'n urself is a good look for arrogance and ego; come on man, I thought u already knew all of this...smh.
Damn we aint spoke for a good year n a half, and obv u forgot a lot.

TYSON
02-28-2013, 04:04 AM
Best league ever and the mag is the icing on the cake. Dope....

Rawn M.D.
02-28-2013, 04:16 AM
good sht though for real King Keith...also keith, peep my question that I wrote in predictions/reviews regarding current standings pls....gracias.

Zen
02-28-2013, 10:16 AM
King Keith...You are the fuckin man. And I love my new nickname. The Zenmaster.

Vinzr
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Sickening mag, mate

Good stuff!!

Witty
02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
and hopefully witty gets a match cuz dudes nice with it to..i would enjoy seeing him lose gracefully...sup witty lol

Lmao, lose? Come on bro...you know me better than that.
Innovator

Witty
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
This was a great mag, as us-u-al.

Props dudes.

Mac
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
dope mag, great job

Inno
02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Lmao, lose? Come on bro...you know me better than that.
Innovator

Lol..is why I mentioned it

Witty
02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Lol I hate losing, but when it happens it must be accepted with a smile and congratulations to the victor.

That is how a gentleman loses *tips hat*

Good day sir.

Sn00p
02-28-2013, 03:50 PM
King Keith going the fuck in on these mags. Mad props, dude.

Defiant
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
the mag was dope props

Split
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Good mag. I'll help on the next

Mike Wrecka
02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
best mag so far. which says a lot. dope

Geno
03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Yo, you a fucking beast in here keith. Major props on handling basically everything yourself this week. Killed this mag dog

King Ra.
03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Holler.

zygote
03-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Appreciate your time and effort to write these weekly reviews.

Split
03-02-2013, 04:12 AM
King Keith I'm finishing my verse within an hour or so. Caught up by the police cause a friend was walkin with an open container.

Ink
03-02-2013, 10:39 PM
This was quite a mag... very impressed. I'm looking forward to joining you guys in a week or two.