PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Discussion.

King Ra.
03-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Alright folks, with the beginning of championship week looming, I've heard suggestions of altering the time of battle deadlines. Geno suggested that matches be due on the weekend instead of the middle of the week, which IMO, makes some sense because the majority of people work Monday through Friday. It'd be great if everyone can drop their input in this thread so we can come to a decision before we begin next week.

So please drop your thoughts in here. When is the best time that battles be due? That includes the day they are due & the extension day.

Genocide Split dead man pohfig Coup ZenLand zygote Innovator Mac Nigma TYSON Vinzr Red glare Mike Wrecka Frank Camp Bell Rawn MacDon Aesthetic Kuja c.d.m.

Mike Wrecka
03-02-2013, 12:51 PM
weekends would suck. I like thursdays

King Ra.
03-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Okay, so we have 1 for the format we currently have. It's actually been working very well, being that most people are not even on much on the weekends, and that could ramp up the amount of no shows.

Witty
03-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I always thought Sundays were a pretty good day to post, the end of the weekend, the night before work starts again....a lot of people are at home with free time.

Camp Bell
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I agree. Maybe due date Saturdays, extension til Monday or Sunday midnight?

dead man
03-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Sundays are cool

King Ra.
03-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Sundays seem reasonable. Idk about making battles due on Saturdays tbh Camp Bell. Though, Sunday deadline, Monday extension seems solid. But the weekend still concerns me though. Voting has been very good this season so far & it seems voting on the weekend isn't much of a problem. But posting battles may be. Let's see what others say.

King Ra.
03-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Okay, I'm hearing a lot of Sunday. Mike Wrecka, what do you think about Sunday & why do you prefer the current format over a possible Sunday-Monday?

Inno
03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Sunday is the logical choice...

Geno
03-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Sunday is best for me. At the same time though.. I'm almost like fuck it since its been doing so well the way it is. Maybe a test run week to see how it goes.

Mike Wrecka
03-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Okay, I'm hearing a lot of Sunday. Mike Wrecka, what do you think about Sunday & why do you prefer the current format over a possible Sunday-Monday?

weekends is when I spend time with the wife and kids. going out doing things. like sorry kids we cant go to the zoo, I have to post a topical instead. but I mean ill manage to post no matter what you decide. im still gonna participate to the fullest. but ya my vote is stays the same.

dead man
03-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Just because its due Sunday doesn't mean you have to write Saturday night. Namean

Inno
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Sunday is best for me. At the same time though.. I'm almost like fuck it since its been doing so well the way it is. Maybe a test run week to see how it goes.

Test run that bitch

Geno
03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Excuse me?

Zen
03-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I think it's fine the way it is. If people need extensions during the week because of work, then people will need extensions over the weekend because of whatever they're doing during the weekend like Mike said. That's my opinion I'd leave it since everythings worked fine right now

Inno
03-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Excuse me?

im agreeing with you..a test run would be coo. lol

Geno
03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Fuck it. I brought this topic up and I will dissmiss it. Rules and regulations are staying the sam. League has been the most active writers league that I've ppersonally been involved in in a lonnnggg ime and I think due dates and vote due dates are one of the main reasons. For that alone I think things should remain the same. Case closed

Please delete this thread King Keith

Geno
03-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh. And I see what you did there now innovator, no harm done. But easily mis comprehended if you know what I mean. Thanks for clearing that up, thought I was going to have to punish you for that lolololol. J/p

Coup
03-02-2013, 05:56 PM
no matter what the due date is you will most likely get just as many no-shows and extensions...just human nature to be well intended and fall short of commitments. I'm for whatever.

King Ra.
03-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm going to co-sign Geno. There is no need to change things with the league running well with the current system. No need to take any risk at the expense of the league. Decision final.