PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 7 Mag

Sharp
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Introduction
Yo guys, Sharp here with another mag for you guys. Last week we saw an increase in battles that went down, always a good sign. Some good heads in right now, and with the champ matches now in effect and more guys signing in things are looking up for the NBL. If you guys keep doing what you do I'll keep running this league best I can. Let's get started.

Reviews

Karaoke vs. Unfukwitable
This was a cool battle, the only thing that kept Unfukwitable down was cornier flips. Almost any name flip on someone like Karaoke is going to end up missing most of the time. Karaoke keep up the current event lines and stayed fresh. The votes were almost unanimously in Kar’s favor, unfukwitable earning a few. But for the most part, Karaoke was incredibly consistent throughout while Unfukwitable had a few misses, allowing Kar to take the win with a decent margin.

Orc vs. Sebastian Brawl
This battle was kind of a blowout. Sebastian doesn’t really have the best ideas to work with and comes kinda corny. Orc, on the other hand, was polished with a few solid hits. He was able to handle Sebastian’s showing rather handily with lines like Cryogenic Treatment and Jump Street. Votes agreed that Orc had the much better drop and gave him the win. Orc advances to 3-0 and is in a contender match, while Sebastian drops to 2-1.

Neighbor vs. Mordycai
This was kind of disappointing, Mordycai’s drop was just kind of multisyllable rhymes that didn’t work as either a swag and flow or a battle verse. Neighbor responded by dropping a half flex half battle verse that was just meant to beat Mordycai, which it did. Voters all agreed that he took it with a few half assed punches and a good strikta line. Neighbor becomes the other contender for the champ title and Mordycai signs out in shame after biting the Neighbor’s Mordycai/More dick I flip on RB. Lol.

CrtlF4 vs. Tic Tac
I thought this one was a little one-sided. Crtl had a nice showing, with some cooler flips like taxi and nightstick. Tic Tac wasn’t bad, but he fell into the trap of trying to explain his lines (and the impression tends to be that if you have to explain it, its not that good) - even though most of them didn’t need explanation at all. Seemed like voters thought this one was closer than I did, Ctrl ultimately taking it 6-3 and remaining undefeated.

Plot vs. Greed
Both guys kind of underperformed here. Plot had his usual clean verse, but the punches themselves weren’t really there. His spirit of giving and point of view lines were alright but everything else was a little iffy. Greed’s had a few solid hits in his verses for the past few weeks, but this week he seemed a little off. It was kind of strange seeing a supa hot fire line, but there it was. Voters were split on who took it, but Plot managed to edge it out 5-2.

Lotto Smirk vs. Plethora
This was a good battle. Plethora doesn’t quite have the most effective punches but showed he has a good handle on text, which is always great to see from a new face. Lotto, on the other hand, had a great showing, doing current lines and name flips effectively. Hoping to see more from both heads, since Plethora was basically in the same spot Lotto was in last season, and Lotto is looking to provide fresh competition for mid tier battlers.

Top Punches

7. Plot vs. Greed
Passing this faggot a loss, He aint got skills in lyrical dissing,
Nobody cares about Greed right now, seasons about the spirit of giving.

6. Phuck Yew vs. Boredom
you Murder me? i would really kidnapp this fuckin clown
so if you make a Sound, Bored .. il pull your plugs quicker then DJ's Shuttin Down

5. Lotto Smirk vs. Plethora
When I be braggin they say I got many skills,but your wack as fuck
I'd say I've got a plethora of styles,but that'll be like admitting I suck

4. Neighbor vs. Mordycai
I body shit w/ that shotty gripped; blow ya cabbage out the back of ya couch
Clutchin that pump.. catch so many bucks to ya front door, Strikta'll try & jack your account

3. CtrlF4 vs. Tic Tac
Bitches stay avoidin you..Don't act like some playa, clown
Cuz we all know if taxi see a bitch & approach, they IMMEDIATELY wave them down

2. Karaoke vs. Unfuckwitable
Forreal, how can you be Unfukwitable when half your raps reek?
I read your verse bro, and saw that I wasn't the only one who killed Concepz last week

1. Orc vs. Sebastian Brawl
Shhh homie. Yappin like u wilin wen u meet chicks
Bitches dnt give u th Cold Shoulder. U cop that cryogenic treatment

Track of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGnu1DYv9wE

I'm not a fan of tunes with lyrics while I'm reading. I know you heard this sampled before. Just groove.

Sharp
01-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Interview with Orc

Alright, I'm here with the legendary Orc aka Burden. Thanks for doing this interview, what's up?

Not much man. Just back from work. Looking forward to this weeks matches. Some hot ones for sure.

So this week Karaoke is taking on Phuck Yew for the first champ match of the season. Any thoughts on this matchup?

Its a warm up for my title match next week. Congratulations to whoever wins it. You'll only be holding it for one week. Karaoke is the favourite.

You're against Neighbor in a contender match too. How do you think this one'll go?

I think ill win. It will be a good read but u always should feel like you'll win. I dont think theres anyone left that is better than me and im out to spark activity. If I can help bring txt back by dropping heat then ill do that.

What do you think about the league in general? Anything you'd like to see or you'd do differently?

I think you're doing a good job. Consistency is key. We just need people to show up at this point. This needs to be better than lll. Lll dont have the talent we do.

What's up with you and Aero? I didn't actually notice you guys beefing til he called out out the other day

He's a strange man.

Who are your top guys in the league right now? Anyone you'd wanna battle or wanna see sign in?

Apart from me i think Neighbors good. I like karaoke hes different. Karps smooth. Off the top of my head. Id like to see bags sign in. Aero too. Joe metts. Seyance. Swerve. Allen knight. Anyone whos good sign fucking in. None of you can beat me.

Alright, thanks for doing this interview! I'll give you the last word for any shoutouts/callouts/words of wisdom

Later man. Shout out to legion of legends ;)

Previews

Champ Match: Karaoke (6-0) vs Phuck Yew (5-1)

Dope matchup of the two top winners in the league. Phuck’s been consistently winning since no-showing in week one, though he hasn’t really had a huge challenge yet. Boredom could’ve been that challenge but that match never went down. Karaoke’s been undefeated through the league’s 6 weeks, up against some of text’s deadliest competition including Allen Knight and Cashius. Both of these guys have been on hot streaks, but Karaoke is just the better battler - on paper, this is a battle he can take but Phuck is good enough to sneak in if Kar sleeps on him.

Karaoke: 70/30

Contender Match: Nieghbor (4-0) vs Orc (3-0)

Very likely BOTW right here. Two of the most heavily adorned heads in text are battling for the chance to receive another accolade. Both of these guys have had relatively easier paths to the contender’s spot, Orc beating Sebastian Brawl and Neighbor beating Mordycai (with a flip that Mordycai would later bite on RB). That said, Orc’s come in solid form despite having little competition while Neighbor has only really done all he’s needed to in order to win. I haven’t seen Neigh drop anything too hot lately so I have Orc with an edge here. That and Neigh’s check in hurt my feelings so I want him to lose now. :)

Orc: 60/40

CtrlF4 (3-0) vs Plot (3-1)

Should be a good battle. Ctrl’s been doing work since signing into the league, undefeated after facing nik but really no other competition. Plot’s been doing pretty well, decent wording has been carrying concepts that can get somewhat confusing. He ended up in a close call with Greed that kind of showed that weakness. All in all I see Ctrl doing his thing, and netting a close victory. That said, Plot could make it uncomfortably tight or even upset - I see him as a guy who will be doing heavy damage once concepts click for him and really that could happen at any point now. But at the moment Ctrl has a lot more behind him and I think he should be able to get by.

CtrlF4: 65/35

Boredom (3-2) vs Unfukwitable (3-3)

Through pure coincidence Boredom has faced off against all 3 RR heads we’ve got active in succession. Boredom could be doing big things in the league if it weren’t for no shows (and possibly a lack of voting ;)…) but is still in a position to make moves and I expect him to do so. Unfuk has been iffy here and there, generally good but has a problem with using concepts or flips that have been done to death. its pretty cool that Boredom gets to take on Unfuk after the questionable voting two weeks back and now Phuck’s extension denial. I think he’ll be especially motivated this week and that could make the difference in a cool match between guys around the same level.

Boredom: 60/40

Alvin Karpis (2-0) vs Greed (2-2)

This one should be pretty one sided. Karp has some of the meanest wording in text battling and has yet to have an opponent show. Hopefully he’ll be raring to bring flames against Greed, who’s dropped to 2-2 after a close loss to Plot. Greed has run into some decent competition after two no show wins, but is capable of doing more damage than he gets credit for. The quality of this battle will basically come down to how Greed’ll show, and he has the power to make it entertaining but I can’t think of any reason why Karpis wouldn’t win.

Alvin Karpis: 80/20

Sebastian Brawl (2-1) vs ill nik-A (2-1)

Sebastian had a good start to his league run, managing to beat knucklehead’s four lines and rise to 2-0 but last week and this one see him against two tough opponents, Orc and now Nik. Seb’s verses read well, but most of his concepts are fairly weak. Nik, on the other hand, is far and away one of the best guys in text. He’s consistently effective when he puts effort into his verses, and after a touch loss to Ctrl a few weeks back I think he has all the reason to not sleep for the rest of the season. Nik should take this easily.

ill nik-A: 80/20

Lotto Smirk (2-3) vs Tic Tac (2-3)

This one should be close. Lotto has come up a good deal from last season and is now coming with strong concepts, the only thing holding him back is occasionally shaky wording but last week showed he was capable of putting punches together effectively. Tic Tac, on the other hand, can come with iffy or played ideas but gets them across pretty well. This one could really go either way depending on who shows up with their best or who has an off week, the only indicator I see is Lotto not checking in makes me think he could NS.

Tic Tac: 55/45

Jimmy (0-0) vs Texcellence (0-0)

Two guys who have both made their way to netcees after plenty of experience in text. They both seem to have been on hiatus, since each of their battles have some lines that seem pretty played. I can’t make the best call on who could pul the win but if I had to guess I would say Texcellence, who I think comes less played. That said either one could surprise me and I wouldn’t be disappointed to see one come really nicely,

Texcellence: 60/40

Hugh G Rection (0-0) vs Plethora (0-1)

Plethora had a decent showing last week for a new face - clearly has some grounding in text but doesn’t quite have the power in his punches needed to do a ton of damage. He could be a guy to watch with a little bit more by way of concepts. If this is the same Hugh from NC 1.0, then this could be a funny read. If it’s a cheap imitation I may cry. But I have to keep hope alive, in which case, I can only see this going to the hero text needs, the once and future king, Hugh G Rection.

Hugh: 99/1

WTFs

WTF Allen Knight Lurking this mag while I'm making it. Just sign in already bro I see you in the LLL, come get a real challenge
WTF @ Cashius retiring from text as quietly as we could've expected. Miss you already bro, gone but never forgotten
WTF @ Corrective Lesbian Rape
WTF @ The Chiefs blowing a 28 point lead and the Eagles purposely losing to allow Beastquake II to happen
WTF @ Me doing wtfs
WTF @ Me questioning my own wtfs while doing them, am I turning into meth?
WTF @ Meth and Sn00p signing in for next week already. Dope. But we need even more.
WTF @ Mordycai biting Neighbor on RB. lol

Outro

Alright guys, hope you liked the mag, keep showing with dope verses and we'll see more guys signing in. We have the talent to be the best league on the net by far, and if you guys keep up your end I'll keep up mine. See you next week

Sharp
01-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Karaoke Phuck Yew Neighbor Orc CtrlF4 Plot Boredom Unfukwitable Alvin Karpis ill nik-A Sebastian Brawl Greed Tic Tac Lotto Smirk Jimmy Texcellence Hugh G Rection Plethora NotMeth Sn00p

Allen Knight
01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Lol dope mag an one league at a time for me brah
Not really motivated to write that much right now

Plot
01-06-2014, 07:35 AM
60-40 to win against the NC punching bag, hes got no authority,
Yeah he's really dope! but If you disagreed, you'd be in the majority.\

think everyone missed that nameplay, shoulda maybe done: Diss a Greed