PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Week 4 Chat & Predictions.

King Ra.
03-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Week 5 Match Ups:

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: pohfig (3-0) VS. Frank (3-0)
AOWL #1 CONTENDER MATCH: zygote (2-0) VS. Genocide (2-1)
AOWL #2 CONTENDER MATCH: Mike Wrecka (2-1) VS. dead man (2-1)

c.d.m. (0-3) VS. Mac (1-0)
Nigma (2-1) VS. Rawn MacDon (1-2)
patrown (0-0) VS. ZeeDee (0-0)
Pryde (0-0) VS. Adonis (0-0)
IAmBenT (0-0) VS. Ink (0-0)
bleak (0-1) VS. Zenland (1-2)
Vinzr (1-0) VS. TYSON (1-1)
Red glare (1-1) VS. Innovator (2-1)
Aesthetic (0-1) VS. Split (2-1)
Boredom (0-0) VS. Kuja (1-1)

Who do you got this week?

King Ra.
03-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Genocide Split if you guys can edit in the instrumentals today, that'd be dope. Genocide you'll have to choose Split's, Split you'll have to choose Genocide's.

King Ra.
03-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Will update the standings & post rankings soon.

Geno
03-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Shit man, I'm @ work. Can't do it until late! Split
Here's your topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkAOD99Tgk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Please edit that for me, I'm gonna be super busy cause of the snow they're calling for today.
Thanks

TYSON
03-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Topics???

Adonis
03-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Topics???

Ayoooo

Zen
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah. Topics would be nice....

Zen
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
And I did request Makaveli as my beat lol. Oblige me

TYSON
03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
And am I right? Are the topics instrumentals? I can step up to the plate and all. Just seem like flow will be a critical ingredient needed to succeed.

TYSON
03-05-2013, 11:28 AM
And with that being said, this is the best league I have particpated in.

Zen
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Yeah Tyson they're instrumentals this week. But I think they've all ready got them they're just not online to post them I think. Idk.

TYSON
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Word this will be interesting....

Split
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I have class til 2 then I got you guys

TYSON
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Fuck school this is your future. The pay is shitty but atleast u will be happy.

Zen
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Personally I'm too cool for school. And too broke for school. Mostly just too broke for school.

TYSON
03-05-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm broke cause of school, and maybe cause I was so drugged and liquored up so much I don't remember anything I learned. Yea associate degree down the drain.

Aesthetic
03-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Yall just gonna put me against 1 of the scarier rappers ok.
Gonna impress myself this week, sorry again about the vote shit; I sent Deadman and pohfig a little better of a vote even though it's too late, hopefully they are happy.

Bomb up some topic so I can think before work!

Zen
03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
I just wish people would realize college is nothing. It's just a way for people to take thousands of dollars from you and four plus years of your life, and in return you get a piece of paper that says your qualified. Noone goes to college for the education except for the old people who just wanna get out of the house and haven't realized they can learn ANYTHING online. The education system needs a total revamp. Sorry I had to rant for a moment. As you were

Sn00p
03-05-2013, 12:01 PM
King Keith, you probably meant Week 4 Chat and Predictions in the title. Just a little heads-up. Keep up the good work, dude.

Zen
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
You're good people Sn00p. You have a keen eye my friend

TYSON
03-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't agree. No college is not a necessity but 70% of the people who go have a better life then those who don't. Hate it or love it I applaud at my black folk and all people who go to college.

Zen
03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes because they went for a piece of paper. I'm not saying education is a bad thing at all. The current system however is a bad thing. Leaving people in debt is never a good thing. America sadly is only a nation of debt collectors. Why not train kids in advanced education in high school? Or make colleges not private instutions but public instututions? You see what I mean? I'm not dissing you or education, I'm just calling for education reform

TYSON
03-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes because they went for a piece of paper. I'm not saying education is a bad thing at all. The current system however is a bad thing. Leaving people in debt is never a good thing. America sadly is only a nation of debt collectors. Why not train kids in advanced education in high school? Or make colleges not private instutions but public instututions? You see what I mean? I'm not dissing you or education, I'm just calling for education reform

So true. Can't argue with that.

Zen
03-05-2013, 12:19 PM
It's the truth sadly. Damn.....But hey Split what you think about running a TK2G today or tomorow? I could help run it if needed

Inno
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I decided to rob houses instead of going to school...bad decision lol

Zen
03-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Never mind fuck that TK2G...I'm too fucked up.
And I'm a goon fuck learnin. I'm goin to thugs mansion when I die

dead man
03-05-2013, 01:06 PM
aesthetic - you come across as somebody who knows how to closely read a piece of writing and give it an intelligent, critical response..... that is false

but thanks for trying.

Inno
03-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I wish...I could be a rapper now

Sadly im not convincing

Atheist
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Ok, so this week we write a verse along to a beat? so basicly any topic but flow it with the beat?

Zen
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Anyone can be a rapper these days. You want proof, go to a store that sells cd's and look at all the new rap albums. 1 out of every 100 cds you pick up and listen to will be good. You can be a rapper, you've just got to believe.

Zen
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah Kuja but I personally don't like the idea but we shall see how it goes

dead man
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Anyone can be a rapper these days. You want proof, go to a store that sells cd's and look at all the new rap albums. 1 out of every 100 cds you pick up and listen to will be good. You can be a rapper, you've just got to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyibFd6WaA

Atheist
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
lol reminds me of Peter Gabriel - Solsbury hill, well the start of it did.

Inno
03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Lmao

Split
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM
U rappin: GOOOOOD

Kinda true.. not for engineering. I'm on a Formula SAE team which basically does exactly what I wanna do after college, and its highly competitive

Also Rob Drydek's new show is terrible. He should really stick to being mentally handicapped

Split
03-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I'll also take "scary rapper" as a compliment lol

Topics going up in a min, don't get yo knickers twisted niqqa

Zen
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
You shoulda posted Bob Ross's pretty little clouds video dead man lol.
And Split what I said still works for engineering by making colleges public instutions. Public means free but sadly that won't happen. They want college to remain unaffordable so those that have continue to have while those that don't continue to left out. It's the facts of life my friends.

Split
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
they want college to remain unaffordable so we don't run our economy into the ground

Zen
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
By having our men and women accumulate an unpayable amount of debt? Come on man. As I said to tyson I'm not dissin you either I'm just explaining these things man. The system ain't broken it's FIXED people.

Split
03-05-2013, 01:54 PM
the United States literally has the best higher education system in the world, bar none. it's not free? cry me a river lol. there are countless programs to allow people (have shown dedication OR ability) who can't afford to go to attend.

pretty much nobody has to pay the full cost of university here.

the system isn't broken. people taking on debt that they "didn't know" would be so high is ultimately the people's fault. you got taken advantage of? don't be so stupid.

Zen
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I have accumulated no debt. Sorry I'm just not a capitalist so I can't agree with America's system truly. I don't agree with exploiting others man. I just can't I'm not just Zen in name I try to be Zen in my daily life lol. Your views are your views and I respect you for voicing them honestly but I can't agree with America's get rich or die tryin mantra. I really can't. People should be helped man. People should be equal.

dead man
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
actually many european and english university programs are far superior to any US school..

not to mention all the developed countries that provide a free college education for their citizens

i would not say US is the best, BAR NONE. by a long shot. yes we have a pretty accessible higher education system. but we also have a lot of people in debt from their student loans with no jobs available to pay them back. you can attribute that to personal failures or the system. either way, it's a problem.

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah US is like 30th or 40th in the world or something like that now I saw from some ad during the pres election but I can't say if that's true or not. But yeah I believe the system and the idiocy of the people are to be blamed, neither deserve the full blame I agree with that Split.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
dead man

I meant bar none in terms of the efficiency and quality of the higher education system, like all colleges and universities put together

but our education as a whole is kinda fucked up at the moment... meritocracy/ too many people getting useless degrees and not enough skilled labor

which sometimes pays better than workers at jobs that require degrees

i agree people should be helped, but capitalists on the whole (especially Americans) help more in terms of charity than any other nation.

equality of opportunity is wayyyy better in practice than equality of outcome/ resources, at least so far

anyways i respect your views as well, i just like arguing tbh

Split
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
maybe in public education we are 30th. but universities and colleges, we're 1

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Haha arguing is my favorite past time.

And I agree about the equal of oppurtunity over equal share of resources SO FAR. But in America I see no equal oppurtunity at the moment. I see America as a big ass real life version of Monopoly but all the properties have been bought up and we the middle class or the working class is just going around the board paying taxes. I would say our government should fix these problems but they couldn't even sign a bill for the past three months to fix the economy....Wait let me rephrase that I meant the past three years they couldn't lol

Split
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
pretty baseless, but okay

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
What's baseless?

Witty
03-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Scandinavian countries are literally the best countries in the world....Norway, Sweden, Denmark.....in everything, education, welfare, economics etc...they just know how to take care of their citizens. Other countries, including my own, could learn a lot from them.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:17 PM
But in America I see no equal oppurtunity at the moment. I see America as a big ass real life version of Monopoly but all the properties have been bought up and we the middle class or the working class is just going around the board paying taxes.

^

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Scandinavian countries are literally the best countries in the world....Norway, Sweden, Denmark.....in everything, education, welfare, economics etc...they just know how to take care of their citizens. Other countries, including my own, could learn a lot from them.
This is right. The bottom line is not what's important. The people are.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM

i'm incredibly jealous of their drivers' education for sure

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Oh. Well I see no new businesses that have really sprung up except for maybe facebook which has taken off and that's because social media is a relatively new market. Monopolies were made illegal but shared monopolies still exist. Look at all the stores or products around you and two or three companies control the entire market. Apple and Microsoft control computers at the moment. Even in fast food with mcdonalds and burger king are the best example since capitalism is based on competition because competition ensures low prices, but bk and mcds aren't competing with each other. They have different options from each other(but they sell practically the same thing) but the prices are identical. Just saying how I see things

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Not to mention that most of these stores are under an umbrella from a conglomerate like Time Warner, Walt Disney, etc.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
lots and lots of new business have sprung up.. very few peep through the rainforest canopy that is America's developed economy. i.e. Groupon, OKCupid, etc

my friends made a restaurant app and website that gained 15k likes in two weeks and have gotten $25k in investments, and a million dollar offer at a trade show for their business that theyve declined. theyre just two kids from Lowell. all you need is an idea.

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok the rain forest thing is capitalist imperialism. Exploiting others lands for personal gains of a corporation who sends these people to third world countries to "nation build". Hate it.

And I'm glad for them. Ideas are good and as long they manage to keep scraping in capital their business may survive until a new corporate business moves in down the street and they'll be forced to sell or go bankrupt.

Btw I love this debate it is entertaining me to say the least lol. Good job Split you good people

dead man
03-05-2013, 02:32 PM
whats the website your buddies made Split?

Adonis
03-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Sort of confused about topic...It's just a beat so I assume I can write about whatever and just make it flow?

I won't but I can essentially just flex or what?

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Curious about that myself. I hope this week won't turn into flex fest.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
whats the website your buddies made Split?

it's called grab-abite. i dont think the app has launched yet but i have an advance copy on my phone

EDIT: http://graba-bite.com/

also its got less than 15K likes. the owner was hyping it up to me in the car I guess haha

Split
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Sort of confused about topic...It's just a beat so I assume I can write about whatever and just make it flow?

I won't but I can essentially just flex or what?

i mean you could

what's wrong with a well-written flex? it's one of the most neglected topicals in leagues... this week is going to let people exploit that if they desire. this week is kinda meant to be open-ended within constraints

i think.

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I can't even view my topic :(. Fuck it I'll just drop a post peeps and hope I get lucky and match the flow lol

Atheist
03-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Hah im fucking clueless what to write, ill sleep on it.

Split
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I can't even view my topic :(. Fuck it I'll just drop a post peeps and hope I get lucky and match the flow lol

your topic is the instrumental to "Respiration" by Blackstar

god save your soul if you dont own that song

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
No I don't.....I apologize. God please forgive me

Aesthetic
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM
You got the dopest beat, jealous. Looking forward too more song choices.

By the way, are we recording or is that prohibited? I got a shity ass mic but it's still good enough too hear

Split
03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
you can always record as well if you'd like, but only text in your battle

also I think whoever got Nujabes- Battlecry got the dopest one

tho that Blockhead beat is illy

if you don't like your topic, hmu w/ a valid reason and ill consider changing it

Pent uP
03-05-2013, 02:57 PM
So I can make my topic the beat title and disregard the beat itself if I want
yeah?

Zen
03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Well I won't complain Split and cause problems for the league. Alls good friend. I'll just write up something and hope it's dope enough to win the battle

Adonis
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
your topic is the instrumental to "Respiration" by Blackstar

god save your soul if you dont own that song

Lmfao

Also, I wouldnt mind flexing, but I find it more challenging to write a topical, and more fun. Flexing is just bla to me, I could just record a freestyle then type it up, not very fun

Split
03-05-2013, 03:06 PM
So I can make my topic the beat title and disregard the beat itself if I want
yeah?

yeah, if you'd like. good luck.

Frank
03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
How does the championship get the wackest beat

Requesting hip hop instrumental

THANKS LOL

Adonis
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
How does the championship get the wackest beat

Requesting hip hop instrumental

THANKS LOL

I think I wrote my first ever song to that beat...at least I know it was a blockhead beat, about how the moon was jealous of the sun

crazy song, crazy flow. I spent like a month on it

Split
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
ay frank why dont you learn to not sniff farts

request accepted. ask for another, i dare you.

Zen
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Please play nice fellas

IamBenT
03-05-2013, 05:23 PM
RSTL in the house.

What's up Gays.

Inno
03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
is that you diddy dum diddy dam?

TYSON
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Aesop rock? Really? I hate his music well the one song I've heard. Maybe ill make a "I hate aesop" anthem.

Split
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
TYSON the production on his songs is incredible idgaf about what you say about his rap. Blockhead is dope

TYSON
03-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Lol. If u say so. I just actually listened to it and I like it still not a fan of his music but I can work with that. Whoever reads my battle please don't expect the flow to be like his.

Adonis
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
If you change mine I'll sully your name all over PR like I did to Immac

Split
03-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Adonis sick sig

TYSON
03-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I agree.

Pent uP
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I think I wrote my first ever song to that beat...at least I know it was a blockhead beat, about how the moon was jealous of the sun

crazy song, crazy flow. I spent like a month on it

I remember that verse and all i couod think was sage francis did it first

Adonis
03-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I remember that verse and all i couod think was sage francis did it first

I never posted it anywhere...I posted the topic and Paytience used it

That and the fact that I wrote mine a few years before sage did. I gave paytience the concept after sage did it. I gave it to him because I never finished it, and didn't care to....what?!?

I wrote mine when that blockhead album was first released, I'm sure that had to be before sage dropped the album with the song you refer to

Ink
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
IamBenT finally, i get my rematch! topic is pretty interesting though... never wrote with an instrument as a topic

Pent uP
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I never posted it anywhere...I posted the topic and Paytience used it

That and the fact that I wrote mine a few years before sage did. I gave paytience the concept after sage did it. I gave it to him because I never finished it, and didn't care to....what?!?

I wrote mine when that blockhead album was first released, I'm sure that had to be before sage dropped the album with the song you refer to

Early 2000?

dead man
03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
props on upping the line limit King Keith

just noticed that

cigarettes just went up another dollar in chicago.. i fucking quit

Inno
03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
i just herd my beat...i got some work to do

Nigma
03-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Although I don't think I read Macs verse for his win, I know CDM is a good writer, and after three consecutive losses he will be coming for blood this week
Not familiar with either, however I've seen patrowns name more often then ZeeDee, so I am wagering he will win via forfeit.
Again, unfamiliar here but I think Adonis had a nifty sig pic which will grant him the powers of redbull as he flies to victory
I should have read the names in this weeks matchup before beginning this I suppose. Another I am in the dark about, however I do know that that Ink is the essence of writing and that has to be in his favor here
I remember liking bleaks writing but can't recall anything in particular, and I know Zen is better then his win/loss is showing, and that he recently went on record calling me a genius, so he will undoubtedly take the W here.
Vinzr (1-0) VS. TYSON (0-1)
Vin had a strong showing last week in his debut, this will be a close match but I feel Tyson will be fueled by hopes of a bounce back week and will do everything he can to avoid the embarrassment of falling to 0-2
A noisy noise annoys an oyster
Aesthetic (0-1) VS. Split (2-1)
I'm going to cast the tie breaking vote in this close battle for Aesthetic without reading either verse because Split has still not got his collabo verse to me
Boredom shall sacrifice 3 prepubescent transgenders to the zebra god to garner his blessings and steal the victory in his debut.

Split
03-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Nigma I have three lines and more coming in

Nigma
03-06-2013, 03:52 AM
haha no worries man, im not toooooo worried about it, just riding your ass so it this collab happens

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Just read your predictions Nigma and realized TYSON's record wasn't updated. He is actually (1-1). He won his match last week.

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 06:49 AM
dead man yeah I increased it because I know some people may go a lil bit extra & I think 48 lines is a good cap. It's not too much & so far, a lot of pieces don't even crack the 40 mark. Now no one should be breaking the limit.

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 06:54 AM
c.d.m. Pryde Boredom pohfig I'm sure you've seen your matches but remember to check in for battle confirmation.

Split
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Who wants to do a Q&A for the mag? First to reply gets it, might do two

Can't have already interviewed you everyone else may apply

Tagging bleak cause he owes me one

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Split I had already got in touch with Camp bell & pohfig about an interview. If you want you could interview them for me. They should be available later on.

Split
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Split I had already got in touch with Camp bell & pohfig about an interview. If you want you could interview them for me. They should be available later on.
You got it, if they agreed to do one already

Pent uP
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
My topic changed. ...thats fucked up.

Just start pming me questions

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Camp Bell clean out your inbox. It's maxed out.

Zen
03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Anybody wanna collab on something? I'm bored as hell and ain't got nothin to write

Nigma
03-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Do this weeks predictions! All the cool kids do it..

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Word.

Nigma
03-06-2013, 06:39 PM
+100 internets to any and all who feed my OM collab <3

Mike Wrecka
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
+100 internets to any and all who feed my OM collab <3

if you RTF I got you

Nigma
03-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Done deal

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Mike Wrecka interview?

Mike Wrecka
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM
sure

Mike Wrecka
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
King Keith your inbox is full

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Mike Wrecka cleared now.

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the mag, and I must apologize but I'm going to need another day. So definitely tomorrow night.

Split
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I'll have my part sent by tonight so it can be up before battles close.

wheres Storyteller?

@Storyteller

King Ra.
03-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Cool. I guess you'll email it to me. I'm off for tonight fellas. Holler.

Split
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Adonis due dates mean thursday going INTO friday

Adonis
03-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Split I'll post in a few...but you got the dates mixed or something..

Verses are due THURSDAY 3/7 at 11:59 PST.

It's the 7th now and it's friday...so this means 12 midnight today...No problem here, I'm finished..just saying

Also sorry, I know from experience running a league sucks dick, but you gotta be a dick to do so I learned. Will be so happy when mine is finished

thanks for voting and shit too

Split
03-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Wait what

It's the seventh

At 1159 PM pst tonight, Thursday, going into Friday, verses will be due. On the 8th they'll be late

Idk Keith did the dates blame him :p

Split
03-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Wait what

It's the seventh

At 1159 PM pst tonight, Thursday, going into Friday, verses will be due. On the 8th they'll be late

Idk Keith did the dates blame him :p

TYSON
03-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Just read your predictions Nigma and realized TYSON's record wasn't updated. He is actually (1-1). He won his match last week.

Good look king. I was gon say something when I read his predictions but u on your job. Appreciate.

King Ra.
03-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Split Adonis I get what you're saying but the dates are correct. If it was EST time it'd be on point, but being some live out West, I use 11:59 pacific time which means 3am Friday EST time. But everyone knows what it means. Deadlines are Thursday going into Friday & extensions are Friday going into Saturday.

dead man
03-07-2013, 09:43 AM
there's a good chance i won't make it this week King Keith

i would suggest finding an alternate before mike gets no showed :/

Mike Wrecka
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
there's a good chance i won't make it this week King Keith

i would suggest finding an alternate before mike gets no showed :/

dead man ur showing. problem solved

Adonis
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
just write me a love letter black, that rhymes occasionally.

Zen
03-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Week 5 Match Ups:

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: pohfig (3-0) VS. Frank (3-0) Gonna be a close one but I gotta go with Frank
AOWL #1 CONTENDER MATCH: zygote (2-0) VS. Genocide (2-1) Shit....I'm leaning towards zygote on this one
AOWL #2 CONTENDER MATCH: Mike Wrecka (2-1) VS. dead man (2-1) dead won't show apparently so it could give mike the win

c.d.m. (0-3) VS. Mac (1-0) cdm's getting his first win this week like a boss
Nigma (2-1) VS. Rawn MacDon (1-2) should be dope as hell but I'm leaning towards Nigma since hes a genius and what not
patrown (0-0) VS. ZeeDee (0-0) patrown? idk these fellas so I can't say
Pryde (0-0) VS. Adonis (0-0) Adonis doesn't seem to be new to this he'll win
IAmBenT (0-0) VS. Ink (0-0) Ink?? or maybe IAmBenT will win? One of these guys is gonna win this battle.
Vinzr (1-0) VS. TYSON (1-1) Tyson's been doing this a minute I hear so he's got the edge.
Red glare (1-1) VS. Innovator (2-1) Innovator's got this
Aesthetic (0-1) VS. Split (2-1) Split's got this
Boredom (0-0) VS. Kuja (1-1) Kuja's got this

Split
03-07-2013, 12:36 PM
AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: pohfig (3-0) VS. Frank (3-0)
Frank.

AOWL #1 CONTENDER MATCH: zygote (2-0) VS. Genocide (2-1)
Zygote

AOWL #2 CONTENDER MATCH: Mike Wrecka (2-1) VS. dead man (2-1)
Mike Wrecka

cdm

Nigma (2-1) VS. Rawn MacDon (1-2)
mah nigma

patrown

adonis

inkkkk

bleak, upset

Vinzr (1-0) VS. TYSON (1-1)
Tyson. dope matchup.

Red GLare

Kuja

Adonis
03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
So I just realized the confusion over the due date...it's Thursday today...I thought yesterday was thursday

Going to a concert Friday so I was all pumped this morning, alas, a day early

bleak
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
you still need an interviewee? I've been sick.

Zen
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Anyone else notice how at random times the site just dies and noone is posting? Its like real life takes over everyone at the exact same time.

King Ra.
03-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Lol. Shit I just got home from work. Bout to work on the rest of this mag & then go out later. Split send me everything when you're through.

King Ra.
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
dead man I can't really do anything because that's a contenders match. I'll see if I can do something.

Pent uP
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I hate writing to famous beats...

I feel like I'm battling mos def more than frank.....ugh

King Ra.
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Lmao. Oh yeah, pohfig I got you next week on the mag. Same with you Frank. It'd be nice after this title match comes to a conclusion.

Mike Wrecka
03-07-2013, 10:11 PM
you know what pisses me off. when people ask for extensions after their opponent has already dropped his verse. shit looks weak. like you need more time to concoct something to beat what you just read. just peeped two battles and saw this happen twice. shit needs to be abolished.

Frank
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
yo pent up whattup

Pent uP
03-07-2013, 10:35 PM
im 24 in...ill be done in a bit. im haggling for a car and writing.

Frank
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
cool. ima take the extension

Pent uP
03-07-2013, 10:56 PM
http://ragegenerator.com/images/ragebuilder-faces/Miscellaneous-2/gay-seal.jpg

ima PM my verse to the mods when im done then

Frank
03-07-2013, 11:03 PM
save face

bleak
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4636-AOWL-Week-4-bleak-(0-1)-VS-Zenland-(1-2)

up for votes.

I don't like famous beats either, unless they ride as easy as that one does.

King Ra.
03-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Split I'm done for the night homie. I put extensions on all matches that requested extensions. If anything else pops, handle it if you can.

Mag is up folks. I'll see y'all manana.

Ink
03-08-2013, 12:10 AM
great mag king!
Im pulling an allnighter at work tonight, so it was a nice break.

And no, im not Inkwell that also happened to be at aznraps and RM.. Thats just an unfortunate coincidence

bleak
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
You from BBE Ink ?

Ink
03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Nah.. I only started going by ink when i joined RM.. Anyone outside of that is most likely the other Inkwell, though i think he's been gone for a while now

Split
03-08-2013, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=692lit7Fszw

dead man
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
oh shit. you left my battle open?

cool. i will be here

EDIT

that is, i will TRY. got some other shit going on so its really up in the air at this point

Zen
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
bleak I assume last night you was asking for an extension? Well I'm not on during the nights and extensions are always accepted. Dope post btw

Zen
03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
you know what pisses me off. when people ask for extensions after their opponent has already dropped his verse. shit looks weak. like you need more time to concoct something to beat what you just read. just peeped two battles and saw this happen twice. shit needs to be abolished.
True. But judging from 10 battles extended right now and only two open for votes maybe we should abolish extensions for a week and make people post on thursdays. Just try it for a week and I would imagine people would post their verses on thursday on time. Maybe not but I think it could be worth a try

Pent uP
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
True. But judging from 10 battles extended right now and only two open for votes maybe we should abolish extensions for a week and make people post on thursdays. Just try it for a week and I would imagine people would post their verses on thursday on time. Maybe not but I think it could be worth a try

Or move due date

Zen
03-08-2013, 02:13 PM
You move the due date there will still be extensions needed no matter what the day is

bleak
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Taking away extensions would piss all the procrastinators off.

University of Procrastination, est. next year

Zen
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM
And those procastinators piss off those who are on time. Ah the world is a strange place

King Ra.
03-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Can't get rid of extensions. They are necessary. You lost activity if you don't grant such because a lot of times people have things come up. Other times they need a bit more time with their pieces.

My take is that if everyone voted from Thursday to Sunday, and all matches have sufficient votes, then battles could be set on Sunday night. That would give everyone from that point til Thursday to write, which is a lot of time. Niggas just need to vote. When battles need votes, even if you have your 3 links, you should help out and vote to help get battles closed. The faster that's done, the earlier matches go up, the more time you have to post your verse.

But extensions will not be rid of.

bleak
03-08-2013, 04:11 PM
raise it from 3 links to 5.

There's a lot of battles to vote on.

And if everyone voted the way they're supposed to be, we wouldn't have to add those extra votes to make up for their faggotry

Zen
03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I know it can't be rid of just ventin from frustration at the lack of open battles on time this week but thats the way it goes sometimes

Frank
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Aight 44 sent

Zen
03-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I see allota new guys lurking but you're not dropping votes fellas. We don't like that kinda behavior round these parts.

King Ra.
03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Power Rankings & Conference standings are updated.

King Ra.
03-08-2013, 09:08 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR VOTES.

Atheist
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

Fuck yea !

Atheist
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Ps why do get this god damn massive indent, everytime I post dead man
hah sorry black i just love you responses, hence the link =-)

Ink
03-08-2013, 09:53 PM
finally dropped my verse, sorry for the delay...
literally was working nonstop from yesterday until an hour ago.. dealing with client emergencies..

and now i gotta work again. a rough week its been...

Inno
03-08-2013, 10:03 PM
word to hark work^^

posting soon

dead man
03-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Ps why do get this god damn massive indent, everytime I post dead man
hah sorry black i just love you responses, hence the link =-)
what?

Inno
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
King Keith

dont close my battle im posting in a few man

Nigma
03-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Rawn MacDon are you gonna show?

Nigma
03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Was waiting to see if he was posting but I'ma drop my verse soon.. If I get no showed again I'm out for awhile. Not to sound dramatic or anything, he could post or w/e but if not, my patience has surpassed its threshold

Inno
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Red glare

Ink
03-09-2013, 12:04 AM
me and Bent's battle is open for votes! don't let the extension fool you, both verses are in.

TYSON
03-09-2013, 01:27 AM
This was difficult.

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 02:18 AM
I usually don't close battles until Saturday morning, around 9am EST, which means you niggas still have a chance to post your shit. Don't slip. I feel you Nigma but you don't have to necessarily have to call it quits. I feel you on the no show thing.

patrown
03-09-2013, 02:29 AM
nice drop z

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Not bad with the no shows this week. 6 more hours before I close all battles if you haven't already posted. Aesthetic Rawn MacDon Vinzr get on your jobs.

Another note in reference to no shows:

2 no shows = 1 week suspension. No show 2 more times after that, same thing. It will effect your chances at contender & title matches plus playoff qualifications. I will post a full breakdown on the rules so that everyone gets a grasp of how things will run since we now have a system in place.

Red glare
03-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Red glare

my bad man

Split
03-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Holy shit... best percentage of showing in matches I've ever seen in such a a large league, major props folks

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Let's just hope the votes get in and done by Sunday night. I believe we should increase the amount of links to 4 or 5. Split

Split
03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't think that people are going to vote o. 4-5 matches, JS. But I'm down to try it

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
We'll see how things work out this week.

Aesthetic
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Votes will be late, Im recuperating; Almost had too kill last night. Sorry guys Ill be back :/

bleak
03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Split is there a gimmick next week or not?

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes there is. I have a gimmick I want to try out next week. More details soon.

Adonis
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
2 Questions...

1. When is voting supposed to be finished? I could't find that listed in rules or anywhere else I looked.

2. I'm posting my voting links in my thread, but if it's closed where am I supposed to post them?

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
You don't have to post voting links really. That is up to you. I check to see who's voting and who's not. Voting ends Sunday night, IF there is sufficient votes for every battle. Starting next week the rules will be set in place. We've been experimenting for the first couple weeks.

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Innovator I'm going to need that mary mary soon homie. Ha.

Adonis
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
King Keith

I can if you like, what ever's easiest for you really. Let me know. I've ran a few Leagues and I know every little bit of help goes a long fuckin way

Also, I just had me a fine date with Marry....She blew my mind

Witty
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
May I please get back in next week? :)

Adonis
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Witty

There's a sign in thread, probably better to ask there to ensure the proper person sees it.

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Camp Bell Witty

Vote on 3 battles since you're both signing back in.

Witty
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Witty

There's a sign in thread, probably better to ask there to ensure the proper person sees it.

I guess I could...

I probably won't though :(

Witty
03-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Camp Bell Witty

Vote on 3 battles since you're both signing back in.

Will do.

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Adonis If you can PM some ideas you have in relation to topics, that would be dope.

Adonis
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Do you want topics? Or a concept for like an entire week?

I save Topics such as quotes, pics and regular "word topics" each week @ my home site. I save the good ones anyways, for future tournaments. Let me know what you want and I'll send some over tonight...like if you want pics I can do, quotes I can do, topics I can do....just not all together, its a lot

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I could use some quotes for next week.

Witty
03-09-2013, 06:55 PM
This guy did this one thing that time - Witty

Use as you see fit, I just supply the genius.

Ink
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
i'll get all my votes in tonight

Split
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Just re-upped with that Sour Chemical Diesel
This guy did this one thing that time - Witty

Use as you see fit, I just supply the genius.

Second quote was better than the first

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
You live too far to deliver homie. I see you though.

Split
03-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol @ slinging bags to forum users

its an untapped market

King Ra.
03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
It's got great marketing potential. Ha.

Inno
03-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Lol werd son let me know

TYSON
03-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Ill start voting when my battle gets one vote...

Nigma
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
I feel you Nigma but you don't have to necessarily have to call it quits. I feel you on the no show thing.

Word, not going all crazy emo saying I'm done for good, just need a week or two build up some motivation

Rawn M.D.
03-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Nigma - my b bro, I just got to much sht goin on irl..i really wanted to write to that too...
King Keith - imma log out until irl settles down, no showin aint a good look.

Witty
03-10-2013, 01:15 PM
dead man signing out when I come back...ohhhh u scurrred dawg.

<3

Come back soon muh fucka.

Zen
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4636-AOWL-Week-4-bleak-(0-1)-VS-Zenland-(1-2)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES

VOTE

dead man
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
this is true

when i have practiced writing poems in blood from my own scrotum on damp maple leaves in pressurized chambers constructed by a clan of extinct air-bending monks... i shall be ready to return to the same league as you. until then, i am afraid :/

Witty
03-10-2013, 01:38 PM
this is true

when i have practiced writing poems in blood from my own scrotum on damp maple leaves in pressurized chambers constructed by a clan of extinct air-bending monks... i shall be ready to return to the same league as you. until then, i am afraid :/

I understand, that is something we must all go through, this is what you need in order to fulfill your destiny and challenge the God for his throne, I will be here waiting with my hand outstretched to welcome you back into the ring, we will duel once more when the deed is done, you are a warrior and a gentleman, I wish you luck.

Witty
03-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Now THAT is how you vote.

bleak
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
So was the beat even relevant?

I thought this week was more about writing on beat?

Mike Wrecka
03-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I think beat week was too open ended for my taste. people could basically write whatever the fuck they wanted. I felt like I was reading open mic pieces all week. harder to judge cause I cant say who had the better spin on the topic cause there basically wasn't one.

bleak
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I mean idk what the point of the beat is, if people didn't even have to write to it. I'm not going to elaborate until the voting is over.

King Ra.
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
We've been experimenting. It was a dope idea that wasn't fully meshed out. It can definitely work. Next week is quotes, so things will be on the normal side of things. By mid-season everything will be in order. Patience.

TYSON
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I deserve to lose. I did not give this my all.

Split
03-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Voting tonight

Ink
03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
win or lose... i just hope my battle with Bent isn't decided by just one voter =\

Mike Wrecka
03-10-2013, 10:03 PM
ink I just hit it up. everyone needs to peep that battle, those guys put up two very good verses. don't sleep people.

all the newcomers this week have really impressed me so far. this league is getting stronger and stronger. cant wait to champ it!

Rawn M.D.
03-10-2013, 11:26 PM
word Mike Wrecka

I agree, although despite me no showing....the beat shoulda been like an added part, a topic should still have been given...or like 3 options and u chose one..

but I cant fault keith for trying something different.

Split
03-11-2013, 01:25 AM
More votes maƱana, gotta wake. Early, put my car together before Ican go get my scrip renened

patrown
03-11-2013, 02:46 AM
some people actually thought my last weeks drop was about something in real life.
i am flattered and annoyed simultaneously.

edit: if in this case it is up to the opponent, i think zeedee shouldn't be discounted for a few extra bars here.( because i came very weak. )

King Ra.
03-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Let's get these battle voted up on folks. I will be closing later today after work and new matches will be up tonight.

Split
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Mike Wrecka Lmao you really want me to use inners huh? I feel you, peep my verse this upcoming week

Sn00p
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
King Keith, you cool w/ me editing that Open for Votes thing in your title? I had to shorten the name a bit for it to work.

King Ra.
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM
@Snoop it's cool. Much appreciated.

King Ra.
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4639-AOWL-Week-4-Vinzr-(1-0)-VS-TYSON-(1-1)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4633-AOWL-Week-4-IAmBenT-(0-0)-VS-Ink-(0-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4638-AOWL-Week-4-Red-glare-(1-1)-VS-Innovator-(2-1)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4636-AOWL-Week-4-bleak-(0-1)-VS-Zenland-(1-2)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4631-AOWL-Week-4-patrown-(0-0)-VS-ZeeDee-(0-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4643-AOWL-CHAMPIONSHIP-MATCH-pohfig-(3-0)-VS-Frank-(3-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES

These battles really need votes. Looking to close this week up later tonight. Let's get it.

Inno
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
no beef what so ever...but Adonis

how does express and excess not rhyme?

i literally sat here and said express/excess atleast 10 times and i dont understand how it doesnt rhyme lol..

im honestly not trying to stir anything up i was just reading through some battles and peepin peep' votes and i saw that, left my head scratching
so i figured id ask.

Inno
03-11-2013, 06:56 PM
nevermind lol..i should of read it all the way through before commenting lol..my mistake.

Inno
03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Red glare

thanks for the match dude.

King Ra.
03-11-2013, 10:50 PM
The remaining battles need some extra votes. I will leave them open. If there are sufficient votes in the morning (if I wake up early enough), I will close battles and post the new ones. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Tuesday night for new battles to be posted.

Vinzr
03-12-2013, 03:46 AM
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4639-AOWL-Week-4-Vinzr-(1-0)-VS-TYSON-(1-1)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4633-AOWL-Week-4-IAmBenT-(0-0)-VS-Ink-(0-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4638-AOWL-Week-4-Red-glare-(1-1)-VS-Innovator-(2-1)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4631-AOWL-Week-4-patrown-(0-0)-VS-ZeeDee-(0-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4643-AOWL-CHAMPIONSHIP-MATCH-pohfig-(3-0)-VS-Frank-(3-0)-OPEN-FOR-VOTES

These battles really need votes. Looking to close this week up later tonight. Let's get it.
i'm on em right now

King Ra.
03-12-2013, 06:30 AM
New matches to be posted later today after I get off work. Hopefully more votes come in, otherwise I'll have to close battles. I'm going to also have to push this weeks due date to Friday & extensions for Saturday. This may even be the new rotation. I'll see you guys this afternoon.

Dove Dozer
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Sup y'all. Im new here. I suck, but lookin to improve. Cant wait to start writing. (So i can get laughed at)

Split
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Sup y'all. Im new here. I suck, but lookin to improve. Cant wait to start writing. (So i can get laughed at)
Avin a giggle ther m8?

Dove Dozer
03-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Avin a giggle ther m8?

what? lol

Dove Dozer
03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
how do the topics work here? do we write to the same topic in the battles? I saw one thread where it just had a beat in it. Can we write whatever we want to a beat each week.. if so thats dope as fuck.

Split
03-12-2013, 10:42 AM
how do the topics work here? do we write to the same topic in the battles? I saw one thread where it just had a beat in it. Can we write whatever we want to a beat each week.. if so thats dope as fuck.
the beats were really more of an experiment, most people actually didnt like it.

basically there's a theme for a week, the moderators assign each battle a topic that goes with the theme

Dove Dozer
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
aiite thats cool. Ima start brushing up on my pen game. I have a feeling Ima get roasted in this league lol

bleak
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Close my battle with Zen, I'm bout to supersway the shit out of this thread.

King Ra.
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Disappointed to come back and only one vote had been drop since my post this morning. Y'all will be disappointed, but it's Tuesday and we're extremely late. This week things will be different. Rules will be in place. A lot of you will be disappointed that matches are closed without a solid amount of votes but oh well. Moving on.