PDA

View Full Version : AOWL #1 CONTENDER MATCH: zygote (2-0) VS. Genocide (2-1) [ZYGOTE WINS, 6-2.]

King Ra.
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
AOWL #1 CONTENDER MATCH:

zygote (Platinum) (2-0) versus Genocide (Titanium) (2-1)

16 lines minimum, 48 lines maximum.

Verses are due THURSDAY 3/7 at 11:59 PST.

Extensions are due FRIDAY 3/8 at 11:59 PST. NO LATER!!!

You MUST check in.

You must vote on at least 3 other battles and post links. For every absent link, you will be deducted ONE vote next week.

If you no-show, you will be removed from next week and have to sign back into the league.

TOPIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qUbVjGbmWE

Good luck to both participants. zygote Genocide

Geno
03-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Rnd III old friend, let's get epic in here!
G/L. √mate.

Geno
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Puting in for extension now. I know I'm going to need it because of the snow were supposedly getting. Causes chaos @ work. Fucking county plowing contract. So Ill be busy as fuck working. Should be able to post by Friday night. Lemme know zygote

zygote
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
(All extensions are always O.K.)

I fucking despise how it’s all about who writes more multiple rhymes,
I feel like discussion and concept is thrown off to the side,
What you write is less important than how you structure your lines,
Do you agree? Or is this just a product of my dysfunctional mind?
Am I primed to find errors because of my work and sceptical nature?
Call me cynical-miserable, flowers smell sweet but it’s just Benzene chemical vapors,
I view gullibility and susceptible behavior as an unacceptable failure,
You praise ambiguous writing that reads like random text generators.
C.D.M. should have won last week - the LORD was a good approach to pursue,
I finished my writing with a circular statement “the truth is the truth”
All that I wrote meant nothing; it was just a pointless review,
“A slogan or phrase” designed to say nothing but bring enjoyment to you.
And if you feel uncomfortable it means a good topic is just discussed,
I initially wrote about our earth’s formation from a spinning cloud of rocks and dust,
Here’s an excerpt: “Call it a cosmic mush,
Gravity drew heavy elements inwards and they got crushed.”
But then I remembered the last two times against genocide where I followed in this direction,
I compared art to religion – it got called a history lesson,
It was just self-expression, contrasting two different things - a simple progression,
I enjoy criticism but hate it when people completely miss the connection.
But forget complaining, it’s probably starting to get on your nerves,
Maybe you tuned out at the start and already skipped to the end of the verse.

Geno
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
...and when the beat drops..

Mind on cruise control, til the deep seaded truth unfolds
Difficulties of a recent time, and the ones that I used to know
Everybodies got a fuse to blow, a music note, a vent to breath
Eventually, cause everybodies got a bad temper -allegedly
I let the message speak, expressing me, my depth unique
What you scheptics think? Desperately, I'm just a guy who's nuts
who's rhyme is clutch, wanted to merk this track -but the timing sucks
I can't justify the punch, my goals, or what controls the frontal lobes
Physically I'm unbeknownst, a hoax, to you I'm just a fucking ghost
A bunch of notes, a joke, a mediocre flow you only humor for liesure
A rumor, appeaser, demonstrating only for whom I'm a teacher
Grooming the readers, a movieless theater, an act for rehearsal
Hassel, commercial, or maybe I should mention zygote in my verse to
Let's go universal, we both move in circles, straight winging this shit
Lately I've been limp, dimwit, no size is too big -great king of misfits
Round three -triplets, I'm off track here, sorry -my disc skipped

Thanks for the ext.

Zen
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Dope battle you two. Honestly this is really fucking close imo.
zygote: The man who made me look like Papa Doc, how goes it? Well I gotta say you had a slick rhyme scheme and dope flow as always. I mean it was damn near perfect in terms of that...but as you said in the last line I got tired of hearing you complain honestly. What are you complaining about you're undefeated lol. But besides the content of this piece I loved it. I mean the way you drop each line looks a feels different from any writer here. Good drop as always.
Genocide: Geno the way you started off this piece was dope. Multis were dope throughout with a great scheme in the verse as well. The flow was dope as hell until the mention zygote line to me. Rehearsal/ zygote to doesn't rhyme to me, maybe it's an accent thing. But besides that I have no complaint about this piece. Props.

As I've said before this is a close battle, zygote had the better flow, geno had the better content. Honestly to me this seems like a tie but if I gotta pick a winner I'd go with.........fuck.........I'm gonna say zygote but I have a feeling this battle could go either way

Inno
03-08-2013, 11:55 PM
zygote

dam you fucking flowed on point with the beat...i mean it was just fucking dope man i got the flow as soon as the beat dropped and started reading.
i read along with the beat on to catch the tone and vibe that it would give along side your words. and i must say your word and imagery painted this
beat to the T. the fast pace and real shit your where saying captured the essense of this beat..great job man.

Genocide

you man you did the same as well you had a more cmpact flow but just as dope just pointing out the difference lol. anyway like your oponnent you
also put together a vibe that fit this beat. your mechanics are on point son i mean no complaints at all there really. tbh honest with you i like where you took
this..it had honesty lol..i mean to mention you would of killed this track..and you where on your way man..obvious you didnt have the proper time to really
dig into this....

overall

both dudes dropped some fucking fire man..for real and both really dont have to many errors in my book both did an excellent job creating the vibe the beat
neeed to come alive. both flowed immaculate and both did and great job with the content. in the end im going with zygote on this one..heres why he kept the flow
and scheme going he created the vibe and he managed to tell a good story with some real depth to his words..so he gets my votes..great battle, can i be honest and
say this should be actually rapped cuz this was some dope rhyming fellas.

ZeeDee
03-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Zygote, this is one of the best verses I've read this week and the fact that its about the writing process and what it means to you personally gives the content more voice, plus you made itkep apply to the construct of this league which even as a new person within this league, I understand and relate to. Your content, narration an direction all kept me interested from start to finish and I was actually hoping for more by the end which is something you will rarely read from me for anyone. Then the flow.. all that and I'm just now getting to the flow which was smooth and brough out the skill level of the narration and content. Inspired by frustration in the way writing has developed I guess, but very nicely said and put together.

Genocide, this was nicely written and easy to follow with a fuck y'all if u think this type of narration.. the flow was cool and kept it moving... basically the content spoke to me and said that within its narration... you know ur dope even though you don't always know how to show it in various examples like punch use and shit which is very understandable and an honest and humbling view that a lot of real rappers would wanna learn from and set those standard... some clever lines too and a good display of overall skills.

Vote Zygote because his content had more direction and the narration was more detailed to make his point.

Adonis
03-09-2013, 06:25 PM
zygote - Going through these votes quick. I assume..."sceptical " is skeptical? Couldn't find what you wrote in dictionary. I couldn't catch the flow with the beat listed, maybe you rap much faster then I, but with beat off the flow in your verse was 55 times better...however I would take the word...Benzene...out for flows sake and it wouldn't hurt line concept. As a whole, I loved the back and forth from past losses to criticizing voters and competitors. It made me smirk, and yet you kept up with the flow...I also appreciated the inners, I've read like 10 verses from this site ever, and I think this might be the first verse I read ever with inners here @ AOB. All in all I enjoyed the verse and can't complain one bit. Except the excerpt...That piece I might have liked, I don't mind being enlightened or having to think to get a concept, but that bar was nothing to write home about.

Genocide - First, love the Av...completely off topic but it must be said. your verse paired well with the beat, so kudos on writing a verse with a flow to match a beat. Not many people can pull that off. LMFAO @ you both misspelling or using wrong tense on the same word...skeptics, skeptical, sceptics...FYI you both. "Everybody"...So you seemed to take the same route as your counterpart as far as concept go...And while I liked you flow better, it seemed like at points you rhymed for flow alone, it always made sense but it just felt added...maybe the fact that this was Key'd??

Vote - so this is close, both short and to the point, it seemed like neither edited or entered in a spell check, both used the same concept it seemed...Gen had a better flow for the beat, while I liked Zygote's flow more because it felt like his verse was just "meatier" to me, yet still had a decent flow...All in all, extremely close vote, you both stylistically mesh well, but I will say I enjoyed Zygote's verse more, however, slightly.

Mike Wrecka
03-10-2013, 11:02 AM
sick battle as expected.

zygote- another complaining about voters verse. ummm its getting a little stale but it was once again very well done. I enjoyed it. the flow was sick, and it just worked on so many different levels.

genocide- your verse had a good flow, it had a direction , sort of. I wish you would have maybe picked a more definitive topic cause it seemed a little free flowing in some spots. the structure was dope. but it wasn't your best work by a mile.

overall- I think both displayed the immaculate flow and structure I expected. just in the end zygote had a better message.

vote-zyg

veritas
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Geno: you said alot with a little and that takes skill......I usually enjoy that. I also appreciate your ability to weave numerous syllables into a short line and make it work. I was feeling this verse, problem is, I was feeling Zygote's more

Zy: your opening lines were something that I promise I have thought, for my work has always been more about substance than presentation, and presentation unlike any other....and you spoke my thoughts better than I could. The point you made in your piece is like you reached into my head and telepathically typed them. props.

overall: great match...I hate to say it, but to me geno was the pent up of his match...a great verse that would have beat many, but Zy came real....he basically killed the whole game and exposed its fallacies. well done.

mvgt zy

Split
03-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Zygote continues his never ending tirade to get us to stop liking his verses lol. Content was cool, wordy for my tastes- not enough pauses and hesitation thrown in to get this to flow easily. It did flow, it was just hard to stomach lyrically. Like too many words and phrases to wrap around. I liked the meta conversation you have with your audience, it gives an air of personal connection that is hard to not react to

Genocide. I thought you murdered this beat/topic. Almost like frustration about being unable to write which have the intstrumental a new shade to it. The lyrics came easy and were interesting to the last drop

V/genocide

Split
03-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Zygote continues his never ending tirade to get us to stop liking his verses lol. Content was cool, wordy for my tastes- not enough pauses and hesitation thrown in to get this to flow easily. It did flow, it was just hard to stomach lyrically. Like too many words and phrases to wrap around. I liked the meta conversation you have with your audience, it gives an air of personal connection that is hard to not react to

Genocide. I thought you murdered this beat/topic. Almost like frustration about being unable to write which have the intstrumental a new shade to it. The lyrics came easy and were interesting to the last drop

V/genocide

patrown
03-11-2013, 03:17 AM
zygote- although i agree with damn near everything you asserted, there were too many "I's"
it's very hard for me to vote against your piece for the very point you were making.
thing is, you just.. well, your piece was statements i think we can ALL agree on.
soOo. . rather than making a point and really going with it.. i think you were stating the obvious.
rather than drawing on the obvious and being creative with those observations.
however - i really did enjoy your piece, and am only being a negative fuck because that's how i roll.
too many "i-'s" for me to vote your way. for the record i feel bad about it because that's what your verse was about.. i think i'd have voted for you without so many "i's"
help me to see that, rather than philosophize on it, so we can really see your art. cuz you have all the tools.
^what he said. (in a diff match this week.)
gen- although i almost want to vote against you for an obvious response verse-
i can't do that .even mentioned triplets in the last bars.. it was a good response.
you made some good observations and worded them well. even more importantly - you developed your piece based on general statements we can all agree with (^) but worded them eloquently.

/v gen - what really got me was how you broke up the patterns of sounds to the beginning and end of following bars. sometimes dropping second is an obvious advantage.. this is the case here, in my opinion.

King Ra.
03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
ZYGOTE WINS, 6-2.