PDA

View Full Version : Split (1-1) vs. Flo Real (2-1) SPLIT WINS

Split
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Rules: -cap it at 16 lines -due at 12 PM EST 3/8/13 (post later if you have to) -no recycling - AOWL house rules TOPIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLkNCu6bXD4

VOTERS: Vote as you would on a normal topical battle, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to flow perfectly with the beat, its just based off of it
Flo Real

Flow
03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Split just to clarrify

we using the title as a topic or just going to the beat?

Let me know, probs wont be able to drop till weekend.

You need to clear your inbox btw

Split
03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Split just to clarrify

we using the title as a topic or just going to the beat?

Let me know, probs wont be able to drop till weekend.

You need to clear your inbox btw

write to the beat

Flow
03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Split extension til Monday? Hope that's cool can't get online now til then

Split
03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
ok

Flow
03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Vote links up tmoz

I've lied about random shit from da philly streets to my name,
They're trying to figure out if flo's true or is real insane,
Being hated don't mean shit to me,
Fuck the haters and da blame, i get off from addin fuel to the flame
Upset the apple cart with my acting, but I ain't blushin
Fuck your art n jus leave battling half of y'all aint nothin',
Sit back in your seats, staying still, while i flex,
Crushing limbs breaking necks, trust me bitches you'll be next*
Eatin MC's whole with no chew,
Got balls but i like nuts, eat eminems, like who knew?*
Fair doos you caught me on my rouse but I aint the one for the blues
Be serious none of you have a clue whos standing in my size nine shoes
You Jus been served by da gordan ramsay of rhymes
I mix Fresh combos of beets on my fresh combos of thyme

Rushed dude you probs got this one literally listened to the track an just wrote whatever came to my mind. If you up for a rematch I'd be cool with that - weekends just really bad for me Split Cheers for the extension though

Split
03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Kony 2013. Same phony pity, dripping with 3D- perfectly rendered graphics.
Chemos ravaged the addicts, cancerous cause. It happens the tumor's left in vivo abroad,
Africa's too reportedly 'proud' to stand for applause. Fuckin negroes need our reparations,
What do these kids know of horror of enslavement? Django was off the chain, right?
Capo'd Rufus Wainwright, played a spiritual gimmick- the irony's thick with this day and age, innit?
I'm a serial cynic. Super cereal mission. Spinning pirus and crips, miniature figures for action.
With the pop appeal of savageness, flip half of a shipment, before getting tried as a racist.
Oh, you're black? Here's a slap on the back bein' aware of ya situation?
It's fair to say whites rule society today. Dripping with hate, irony's the posterchild for rage,
I hope denials your favorite flavor, it's all we're carrying today. Words for your statement:

age distorts love, subtle like nerve agents, and hate distorts drugs like K holes and tracers.
The come-up, takes hold once you break through the fakeness.

Defiant
03-14-2013, 02:32 PM
LINKS?

Spartacus
03-17-2013, 10:26 AM
You Jus been served by da gordan ramsay of rhymes
I mix Fresh combos of beets on my fresh combos of thyme

VS

I'm a serial cynic. Super cereal mission. Spinning pirus and crips, miniature figures for action.
With the pop appeal of savageness, flip half of a shipment, before getting tried as a racist
age distorts love, subtle like nerve agents, and hate distorts drugs like K holes and tracers.
The come-up, takes hold once you break through the fakeness.

Besides the quotables i think Split had a better delivery to go with the beat

Vote=Split

Split
03-23-2013, 07:49 PM
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4995-bleak-%285-0%29-vs-Def_fuckin_5-%280-0%29
http://artofbattling.com/forum/showthread.php?4353-RPK-%283-1%29-vs-Flo-Real-%282-1%29-OPEN-FOR-VOTES

Flow
03-25-2013, 04:52 AM
http://artofbattling.com/showthread.php?4949-Pancakebrah-vs-Split-Eight
http://artofbattling.com/showthread.php?4427-Vinzr-(0-0)-vs-Jay-(0-0)

Wicked
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I think Flos verse fit the beat better and rolled with it better, but he was lacking the content.
Split had a choppy verse as far as matching the beat and I couldn't really catch his flow, but that was probably just me. But his content had the same feel as the beat and was better than Flos in my opinion.
Good battle
V: Split

Sharp
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Cool battle, i thought generally each of your pieces were solid with flow but when it came down to content split had the stronger drop by a decent margin. Flo, you're definitely capable of some slick imagery or rhyme schemes, i'd like to see that worked into flexes in the future. Your drop wasn't bad, it was a little bland, stay up.

V/ Split

Jah Homie
04-12-2013, 07:32 PM
V/Split.
Split was a lot more original. I felt, conceptually, this fit the beat better (DJ Premier is real old school, does beats for KRS etc). Conceptually, Split put in more work. I spit the rhymes for second, and I felt the pauses and syllables actually fit the beat best in Split's verse. You could tell split was experienced, and he kinda had home field choosing the beat.

Flo Real was good, but I felt he was predictable, and his verse was a little too simple and too short to top Split.

J C
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I got more into Flos.