03-11-2013, 10:23 PM
AOBL
ArtofBattling.com Text Battle League

Rules

Due Dates:

Verses are due Thursday,
March 14th 2013 11:59 PM PST.
Voting ends Sunday 11:59 PM PST.
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are normally 24 hours
(unless requested otherwise, that is),
can be no longer than 36 hours
and have to be granted by your opponent.

Line Limit:

Min. = 10 lines
Max. = 16 lines
The max. can be higher if different is agreed upon by both.

Voting:

Must vote on 5 battles and post your links.
Post the links in the thread titled "Week 4 Voting Links".
You will be punished if you don't post all 5 voting links.
You will not like the punishment, so just vote so you
don't have to cry later. Details about this are to be
found in the "Week 4 Voting Links" thread.

General Rules:

1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
Feeding = DQ.
Recycling = DQ.
Biting = DQ.
No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
means you will disqualified.
Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
must match the 1st person's line amount.

Dystopian Vinzr

Vinzr
03-12-2013, 03:45 AM
check

Plot
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
10?

Vinzr
03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Battle raps based on disses, that’s the way to go if you want to own it
It’s funny cause the only way Dys does that is if he throws himself at his opponent
You ain’t running this joint so bitch you better stay in line
Now I ain’t ever seen your ass around here, but that might be cause you’re way behind
I aint threatened by you, I seen your battles and at best you’re a loser…
Props on ur losses, but even if you try cover ‘em up we’d still see how bad you are
Took you a while to realise NC was dead, heads popped over here fast
See even after the move from NC, we still seeing this chump, Dysplace last
Not sure about your potential, right now its clouded with doubt to ever be found
This was a flawless victory but that’s obvious cause against me you never stood any ground

Plot
03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
This dude aint confident with martial arts, the idiot will get injured fast..
Shurkien think he’ll win, but the fact is I’ll have him riddled with ninja stars.
Ive got Vinzr outclassed, and with his half-assed attempts it’s time to blast geeks,
How you gonna put an end to me? You haven’t even finished your verse from last week!
With wordplays I’m the wittiest, but your vocabs the shittiest you dumb illiterate,
Like, what’s that word? It’s always on the tip of my tongue… um, your mothers clitoris.
This gimmicks fucked with English, his every drops a field day for the critics
But its similar to trying indian cuisines, showing Vin da loopholes in his lyrics.
Imma batter ya arteries with a fence post faggot, and leave you a bleeding mockery
Dying in a puddle with a stake-out ya torso like I was casing ya chest for a robbery.

Flow
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
It’s funny cause the only way Dys does that is if he throws himself at his opponent

vs

With wordplays I’m the wittiest, but your vocabs the shittiest you dumb illiterate,
Like, what’s that word? It’s always on the tip of my tongue… um, your mothers clitoris.

Dys you had good concepts but bad delivery and poor punches. Vinzr you had poor wording and weak punches but felt more consistent.

I am going to have to come back to this one cus im struggling really on who edges it.

Orc
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Dys won his opener was the only good line in the battle.

Nomad
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Imma batter ya arteries with a fence post faggot, and leave you a bleeding mockery
Dying in a puddle with a stake-out ya torso like I was casing ya chest for a robbery.

That was the only thing that stood out

V/Dys

bleak
03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Kinda weak battle, Dys had the opener, even tho I've seen somethin along those lines. The last line was gunplay but still a lil sting.

Vin had dysplace, i guess. The 3rd bar didn't rhyme.

I'll give it Dys based on those 2, it was better than what Vin had.

Origin
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM

VS.

Shurkien think he’ll win, but the fact is I’ll have him riddled with ninja stars.

Though it probably won't be battle of the week, I think Dys took this one pretty easy. Vinzr didn't have anything that hit hard and I had to reread that 3rd bar as loser and youer instead of you are so it'd rhyme.

My vote is for for Dys.

Witty
03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Wasn't feeling it
You ain’t running this joint so bitch you better stay in line
Now I ain’t ever seen your ass around here, but that might be cause you’re way behind
Too simple man
I aint threatened by you, I seen your battles and at best you’re a loser…
Props on ur losses, but even if you try cover ‘em up we’d still see how bad you are
Ehhh
Lol I liked this one, pretty clever and funny
Not sure about your potential, right now its clouded with doubt to ever be found
This was a flawless victory but that’s obvious cause against me you never stood any ground
Nah, weak closer

vs

Didn't like it, and didn't rhyme tbh
Ive got Vinzr outclassed, and with his half-assed attempts it’s time to blast geeks,
How you gonna put an end to me? You haven’t even finished your verse from last week!
Cool
lmao...feeling this
But its similar to trying indian cuisines, showing Vin da loopholes in his lyrics.
lol dope
Not bad..not great either though

Going with Dys, felt this battle was a bit of a mismatch tbh I like Vinzr...I've felt quite a few of his verses in the past, it just didn't seem like he really tried very much here. Dys had a couple misses for me, but he also had a few hits that were pretty dope, so I'm gonna go with him.

Vote - Dystopian

Maximus
03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Vinzr
1. Ok wordplay and concept but i felt u coulda taken it from another angle
2. Toooo basic
3. Statementish
4. Eh,ok....coulda done better with the dysplace flip..good try though
5. Played out
vs
Dystopian
1.could be cool in swag and flow match, otherwise i aint feeling it. Plus fast dont even rhyme with stars
2. Basic, simple, non-effective
3. OK hit
4. Another ok hit
5. Not feeling
Well, props to yall for showing up firstly. Vinz i see u dropped better than this before man, but u far from consistent here and had too many basic stuffs, the nameplay attempts were ok tho, so keep at it. Havent read much from u Dys, u do have some cool concepts but work on rhyming, creativity and stay consistent.
V/dys for having a slightly better verse with less misses

Sharp
03-16-2013, 02:19 PM
(Battle raps based on disses, that’s the way to go if you want to own it
It’s funny cause the only way Dys does that is if he throws himself at his opponent)
Could've been a pretty nice nameflip, didnt exactly work out

Vinzr didn't have a great showing here, had a few ideas that could've been expanded on pretty well but as it stands didn't do all I feel like he could've. Dystopian has a pretty nice general scheme as well as solid wordplay. Not his strongest showing, but still pretty nice and enough to take it with one more quote and generally better misses.

V/ Dystopian