PDA

View Full Version : Second Round Discussion & Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

PancakeBrah
01-19-2014, 10:35 PM
The Winter Topical
Discussion & Predictions

<iframe src="http://challonge.com/wintertopical/module" width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

SECOND ROUND
dead man vs. Witty
ZYG vs. big baby
Nigma vs. trap
NYCSPITZ vs. oXus
Pent uP vs. Wise Ways
Lars vs. Certain
Vulgar vs. Split Eight
uh-oh vs. Oats

What a stacked round. Congratulations to everyone for making it past a closely contested first round.

Any discussion, shit talking, bitching, and predictions go here.

Certain
01-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Fuck your Oxford commas.

PancakeBrah
01-19-2014, 11:00 PM
y u do dis

oats
01-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I assume nigma vs. uh oh should be me vs uh oh?

PancakeBrah
01-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Fixed. Also fixed tagging you twice.

So much things right now.

Certain
01-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Nigma, please.

Diode
01-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Vulgar still want that review.

Vulgar
01-19-2014, 11:24 PM
And so you shall receive it.

Certain
01-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Fuck your double conjunction.

PancakeBrah
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Certain is going extra Certain it seems.

oats
01-19-2014, 11:30 PM
dead man vs. Witty
ZYG vs. big baby
Nigma vs. trap
NYCPITZ vs. oXus
Pent uP vs. Wise Ways
Lars vs. Certain
Vulgar vs. Split Eight

Pretty much all of those are toss ups, but for the sake of choosing that's my prediction.

Diode
01-19-2014, 11:35 PM
the better wager is how many rounds until nyc no shows because he is too drunk to write something before the deadline

Certain
01-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I'll bet ZYG vs. big baby is the first battle open for votes.

Frank
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
DIE

PancakeBrah
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
It's going to be okay, Frank.

Topical League starts after this is over.

Frank
01-20-2014, 12:15 AM
I`LL CRACK YOUR FACE SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE

PancakeBrah
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I`LL CRACK YOUR FACE SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f231/CruxisAurion/timetostopposting.jpg

Wise Wiggles
01-20-2014, 12:19 AM
LOL

Certain
01-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Random observation: Five of these battles pit an American against a foreigner, and that's counting oats as American.

dead man vs. Witty
ZYG vs. big baby
Nigma vs. trap
NYCSPITZ vs. oXus
Lars vs. Certain

big baby
01-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Random observation: Five of these battles pit an American against a foreigner, and that's counting oats as American.

dead man vs. Witty
ZYG vs. big baby
Nigma vs. trap
NYCSPITZ vs. oXus
Lars vs. Certain

im from hell you bitch

Certain
01-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest.

Certain
01-20-2014, 12:48 AM
I want to start out by saying I love you all, including Frank.

dead man vs. Witty
Topic: “Justice?—You get justice in the next world, in this world you have the law."
Analysis: These two share a lot of strengths. Witty's verse last week was very well written, but he didn't connect with the topic enough. That's probably the exact wrong way to go about facing dead man, who simply doesn't get outwritten. The topic favors him, as well, as he'll be able to write a topical instead of a story with little problem here.
Prediction: dead man 71-29.

ZYG vs. big baby
Topic: "Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition."
Analysis: This battle is fucking mesmerizing. It probably will be up before I even finish these predictions. These two have opposing styles in every way. big baby will need to pay attention to the topic because ZYG never slips on that aspect. This comes down to ZYG's concept vs. big baby's words, but I think ZYG is stronger with words than big baby is with concepts. In an Open Mic contest, I'd favor big baby. But ZYG is my pick to win it all.
Prediction: ZYG 52-48.

Nigma vs. trap
Topic: "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
Analysis: Neither of these two would be grouped among the 10 writers most likely to win this whole thing, but they're both dangerous. trap came very conceptual and loose last round, and that suits his style. So does this topic, I think. Nigma is at his best when his ambitions are boldest. I love this topic. I really, really love this topic. I fucking wish I had this topic. It suits trap more, though, and I think that will be the difference.
Prediction: trap 57-43.

Totoro vs. oXus
Topic: "I am secretly in love with everyone that I grew up with."
Analysis: The National! Neither of these guys listens to The National, I bet. I think this battle is actually really close, with two of the most polished lyricists in this tournament facing off. oXus doesn't particularly care for the entire sport of topical writing, though, and I could see him taking a bit too abstract an approach here. Then again, Totoro sometimes ignores the topic altogether. But he has an X factor: oXus is starting down four votes.
Prediction: Totoro 68-32.

Pent uP vs. Wise Ways
Topic: "You've got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down."
Analysis: Wise Ways definitely outwrote Pent uP last round, as he had one of the three best verses I read. But everything is new again. This topic just seems perfect for Pent uP. I think Wise Ways is the better writer in a void, but Pent uP has a lot of experience and isn't overmatched against anyone. He'll better his effort for this round, especially with a topic that fits him.
Prediction: Pent uP 61-39.

Lars vs. Certain
Topic: "Thanks to words, we have been able to rise above the brutes; and thanks to words, we have often sunk to the level of the demons."
Analysis: Good luck.
Prediction: Battle of the week.

Vulgar vs. Split Eight
Topic: "The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half."
Analysis: This topic seems heavily slanted toward Vulgar, to the point where I don't think I would predict anyone would beat Vulgar on it. Split Eight was my pick to win this quadrant, though, and I think he has a real shot at knocking out Vulgar because his style is so contrasting. He'll need a very lucid effort because you can't beat Vulgar on the abstract tip.
Prediction: Vulgar 59-41.

uh-oh vs. Oats
Topic: "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Analysis: I've only read one verse by uh-oh, so this is going to be somewhat ignorant. Still, I like this topic and think they both will be able to handle it well. I'm going to lean toward oats writing a more refined and complete verse, though.
Prediction: oats 63-37.

oats
01-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Hawaii was illegally overthrown and absorbed, I still see it as an independent monarchy. So you can add my battle to that list.

Wise Wiggles
01-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Damn @ this big baby kamahamaha that was unleashed on Franklin Cherry Stellar...

I was being nice to your sore loser self but now you're not cool in my book you lame ass writer. People gas you up around here like you're a topical threat, you aren't EVEN that, and that's your only claim to victory. Stop pming me like a little crybaby pussy because I voted against you when pancake easily manhandled you. I'll let you borrow my bib to wipe your tears and pancakes/nigmas cumshot off your face you cumbucket. Nigma ether this loser before I do it indefinitely. Feel my baby cock in your bellybutton till your organs implode. You're bad. The only reason you get far in any topical scene is because nobody signs up except fig who always no shows and he'd ether you if he did. And the only tournament where/when real talent actually joined, with real threats, guess who got knocked the FUCK out in the first round? You take this so seriously and you need to learn so much. if you ask nicely, me and some of my buddies can teach you how to write so you dont get shut out by pancake again (though i'll bet an abortion, my crib, my circumcision foreskin that you'll get shutout again by him if i did help you) like uh-oh said, he took the words out of my baby mouth. Last time you tried to hijack my thread like you were some big shit promoting your lame ass battle. This is my area. If I wanted to join topical tourney's you wouldnt make it past any round you got matched up against me. but, i don't really care for this, i actually just joined to read the mags and watch you get ethered again. don't ever say i write like you again, that's not even a subtle compliment on your patronizing behalf. it's actually an insult to someone like me. or my buddies, or anybody in my imaginary netcees faction.

Vulgar
01-20-2014, 01:08 AM
lmao

Vulgar
01-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Zygote is a god.

Pent uP
01-20-2014, 01:11 AM
The Winter Topical
Discussion & Predictions

<iframe src="http://challonge.com/wintertopical/module" width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

SECOND ROUND
dead man vs. Witty - BOTW? I have deadman in a nailbiter
ZYG vs. big baby - wtf? Zyg by more than a cunthair...two cunt hairs
Trap
oXus
Certain
Split Eight
Oats

big baby
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Zygote is a god.

ironically me and him get along pretty well. he's very quick.

Certain
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Zygote is a god.

Address your gods by their preferred names. He's ZYG now.

big baby
01-20-2014, 01:24 AM
SECOND ROUND

dead man vs. Witty - upset - deadman comes with a beautifully worded verse as usual, witty imitates him and pulls the stunner, comedic effect come from behind. Witty/ZYG showdown becomes greatest topical battle in history. Scholas refer to it as 'legendary'

ZYG vs. big baby - hopefully zyg doesnt read my memory, as @certain said he's my favorite to win. I'm better but he's zyg. Scholars refer to it as 'big baby is a god, but ZYG fucked athena with his octopus suction cups'

Nigma vs. trap - closest battle this round - they both come with the same exact verse except 3 words are different. those 3 words decide the winner

NYCSPITZ vs. oXus - easiest battle to decide cause of oxus's laziness, hopefully nyc shows - or probably two no shows.

Pent uP vs. Wise Ways - most interesting battle this round - upset - pent up underestimates and wise ways takes advantage to shoot a hadouken in his face.

Lars vs. Certain - second most interesting battle - upset despite seeding - controversy over voting links. Lars calls certain a pussy moderator.

Vulgar vs. Split Eight - upset, come from behind by split in votes, Vulgar disqualified for using made up word with 19 syllables.

uh-oh vs. Oats - reserve battle. oats with 3 digit lead. Uh-oh roasts frank some more. Frank votes against uh oh.

Certain
01-20-2014, 01:27 AM
big baby, you should write an Open Mic magazine someday.

zygote
01-20-2014, 01:49 AM
Sure was a good topic to have for the so-called "robot alien" - What is this 'human condition?' Need to activate all my empathy sensors to figure it out. Good luck big baby.

dead man vs. Witty - The topic slightly favors dead man. Predicted writing approach from deadman to contain themes about natural law - a kind of modern psychological look at Hobbes and Aquinas. Predicting Witty to go for a story, one dealing with themes of injustice and inequality, maybe something cool about Irish history.
Nigma vs. trap - Personal feeling is Nigma will concentrate to create something unique this round. Trap was impressive against Copypat, his submission was very refined, it could stand up well against Nigma's more slant-ish rhymes and phrases.
NYCPITZ vs. oXus - NYCPITZ could mesh well with the topic. This one is a bit of an unknown, don't think either will write a story, maybe something semi-autobiographical, but more likely it will be a philosophical kind of multiple rhyming contest.
Pent uP vs. Wise Ways - Pent uP will write an excellent submission that is for sure, but many people are underestimating Wise Ways, he writes a lot of topical submissions, notably after tragic events. This topic also suits WW style of writing, it is a bit ambiguous and good for a kind of OM-type submission, it doesn't lend that well to a story, which I'm pretty sure Pent uP will go for, it depends what kind of approach he can create.
Lars vs. Certain - Contest of the round prediction. Best quote for stimulating writing as well. Predicting that both will have stories, one will be a more literal take, the other more abstract, both will relate tangentially to main theme of the quote rather than the stuff in the quote itself.
Vulgarvs. Split Eight - Enjoy both competitor's writing but this topic heavily favors Vulgar, it is quite abstract and lends itself well to a further exposition. Predicting Vulgar to pick up on the 'a man's life' aspect, writing about patriarchy and stuff like that. Split Eight is a bit of a surprise package, difficult to predict, good writer with potential to submit something great, uses a kind of innocuous writing tone it may mesh well with the introspective nature of the quote.
uh-oh vs. Oats - Predicting uh-oh again, the last round submission was my favorite from all of them I read. He will need to write a bit more though, Oats is excellent in all facets of writing, and one of his strong points is audience manipulation, he knows how to make individuals respond. I was really impressed with uh-oh's underlying themes though, if he can write another thing like where it's a simple story with powerful and non-cliche underlying themes, it's perhaps a winning formula.

Witty
01-20-2014, 01:54 AM
Dammit ZYG now I gotta change the concept for my verse.

Smh @ knowing the theme of my piece before I write it lol

Are you Jesus?

Edit: It was the Irish History part that you correctly guessed, i was pondering it as soon as I saw the topic, I had nothing confirmed in my mind tho so in all likelihood the concept would have changed anyway, I always think of a few different directions to go in.

Split
01-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Zygote cant be a robot alien, hes just a lil fetus

http://underdesign.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/alien-chest-bursting-costume.jpg?w=700

Witty
01-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Also nigma vs trap has the best topic Imo.

Split
01-20-2014, 02:16 AM
I like TotoXus an Zybaby's topics

Certain
01-20-2014, 02:51 AM
I like TotoXus an Zybaby's topics

It's always snowing in your stories. If you ever moved anywhere warm, you'd have nothing.

Also, Pancake.

trap.
01-20-2014, 07:22 AM
I REALLY like my topic. Good luck, Nigma.

Nigma
01-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Good luck broseph lets do it some justice

Lars
01-20-2014, 07:49 AM
YEE HAW!

Split
01-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Vulgar thanks for the breakdown

Fox the Tibetan Fox
01-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Fox the Tibetan Fox respects the art of the topical writer.

You have been kind to Witty.

He is a gentle human, his heart is in the right place.

Though he is vulnerable and easily led....I worry about him.

You have embraced him and made him feel welcome.

Fox the Tibetan Fox appreciates this.

Fox the Tibetan Fox does not consider you food.

Keep it that way.

Diode
01-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Fox the Tibetan Fox respects the art of the topical writer.

You have been kind to Witty.

He is a gentle human, his heart is in the right place.

Though he is vulnerable and easily led....I worry about him.

You have embraced him and made him feel welcome.

Fox the Tibetan Fox appreciates this.

Fox the Tibetan Fox does not consider you food.

Keep it that way.

:|

Fox the Tibetan Fox
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
:|

Explain what this signifies.

Now.

PancakeBrah
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Mags done just waiting on oats and Split Eight for the interview answers.

Yell at them guys. Yell.

Certain
01-20-2014, 05:41 PM
oats is Hawaiian. Split Eight is argyle. Neither can be trusted.

Wise Wiggles
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS

Pent uP
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
oats Split Eight

Wheres the money lebowski

uh-oh
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
was one of the questions you asked oats, about how bad im gonna DESTROY HIM THIS WEEK?

never mind. abort. im illiterate. my brain is dead from work and i have no idea how to structure the sentence above. i think the sentiment comes across tho

oats
01-20-2014, 06:27 PM
been out and about on this beautiful day off. I'll do the interview at the beach tho

big baby
01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
oats is hawaian he reminds me of otto from rocket power

Wise Wiggles
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Oats is haole

Certain
01-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Split Eight is eating bisque.

Diode
01-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Vulgar, pent vs diode review pls

Certain
01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
You're needy.

Pent uP
01-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Diode breakdown you promised plz

Certain
01-20-2014, 07:45 PM
You're needier.

Pent uP
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Needier
And seedier
Pun intended
The speed eater and dream ether.
Spun in seconds - breathe easier
And feel these words run the record

Split
01-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm downloading an Xbox system update 1sec

Ghost1
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Wheres my battle?

Certain
01-20-2014, 09:26 PM
You lost to oats.

PancakeBrah
01-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Got oats' interview.

JUST WAITING ON SPLITONIOUS

Figgly Wiggly
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
OATS >>>>>>> bags...

PancakeBrah
01-20-2014, 09:59 PM
So I just saw that the Winter War has a graphic logo.

I feel that I've failed us in some deep way.

big baby
01-20-2014, 10:10 PM
So I just saw that the Winter War has a graphic logo.

I feel that I've failed us in some deep way.

signing out of this tourney im joining another one sry lame cake

Figgly Wiggly
01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/206/f/d/yoruichi_winter_war_cosplay_by_3vill3ob-d58l7fd.jpg

Figgly Wiggly
01-20-2014, 10:13 PM
That's my mom

Certain
01-20-2014, 10:31 PM
No. No.

No.

Split
01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
PMs

Diode
01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
that actually is figs mom tho

Split
01-20-2014, 10:37 PM
are those praying mantis casts

Vulgar
01-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Pent uP

Tumultuous is a word I thought of after reading your verse. I read it a couple of times due to my procrastinating this breakdown of both submissions. Korova milk war is a clever pun. I'm glad it didn't turn out like an anti-militaristic babblethon, similar to what I dream of soon after watching Paths of Glory. You achieved a modern air with this one, probably because you mentioned things falling in line with subjects like Cliodynamics, DARPA robots and negotiation with force. The Libya coffee mug, essentially, with extra calcium and reinforcement fibers. Interesting content. The rhyming wasn't your best, but I attribute this to your just getting back into competitive topicals. I applaud you for not mentioning a country in your verse. I would've been way too tempted to mention a Russian city of some sort to establish a colder type of atmosphere. Anonymity ensured this could be City of Tomorrow or Major Metropolis of Reader's Choice. I could criticize some lines here and there, but overall it was a solid one.

Diode

From how I understood this, it was about how a man of status puts up a mental bloc of his own assembly against the messenger of humility who tends to sprout from the hearth. Civilizations start with the slow composition of dust and pebbles, and they end with blood and gunpowder. In the past, steel and medieval Creatine. Yes. Moreso than racially ignited warfare, the poor vs. the rich is an ancient concoction, and it's not going anywhere. Using the "act" of a pebble or the synchronized tumblung of an earthly object with a path and a direction, you drew a flip-through picture of a tyrant eliminating the Robin Hood of his time, successfully. Unsuccessful as a righteous king; effective as an deceiver and an assassin.

we watched it all from here, my family and i
built amidst the starting struggle as a dividing line
i started as a pebble before that shot was focused
and so i am again since that shot's been posted.

Just so you know, this part was VERY "meh" to me. I didn't like it. I think you dropped the ball on the ending... personally, I would've ended it without mentioning a first person perspective or his family (the guy in the photo, that was "posted")

Keeping it locked in and pertinent with the Hassan vs. Ali tale would've been wiser, I think.

My vote would've went to Pent Up for taking it a little further with his execution. Diode had the right idea going, but endings for me are chief causes for defeat.

Diode
01-21-2014, 12:11 AM
The narrator was a stone in the wall. I thought about the cliche of the man in the photo being a physical manifestation of a pebble in the avalanche that is the war and shied away from it intentionally.. apparently not too intentionally though.

;)

Thanks for the read.

Vulgar
01-21-2014, 12:18 AM
The narrator was a stone in the wall.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114151711/muppet/images/a/a2/Ernie1980's.jpg

Fig
01-21-2014, 12:20 AM
Lmfaoooo

Pent uP
01-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Cheers. Thanks vulg

Certain
01-21-2014, 12:47 AM
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114151711/muppet/images/a/a2/Ernie1980's.jpg

Agreed.

timeless
01-21-2014, 06:43 AM
my bad for not voting ill drop some this round for sure. when do sign ups start for aowl?

Certain
01-22-2014, 09:33 AM
my bad for not voting ill drop some this round for sure. when do sign ups start for aowl?

During the finals of this.

Nigma
01-22-2014, 02:32 PM
I got some lines written today, mission successful. Not starting 2 hrs before deadline feels good

Nigma
01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
WADUP FAWKERS, whose gonna no show?

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Still a day before deadline and two before the extended deadline. I'm optimistic.

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Damn, how did I miss this?

I'll be lurking; am I able to drop some votes?

Someone AIM me when the next one starts/league starts in case I miss it again.

philoinfinitum

NYCSPITZ
01-23-2014, 03:14 PM
i like sacrifice

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
I like you too, whoever you are. Ha.

Certain
01-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Is that actually Sacrifice?

Pent uP, can you confirm?

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
He has an open mic posted if that helps.

Diode
01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Damn, how did I miss this?

I'll be lurking; am I able to drop some votes?

Someone AIM me when the next one starts/league starts in case I miss it again.

philoinfinitum

hayyyy gurrrrrllll

are you still recording

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Yes, I am actually Sacrifice. :)

Diode
01-23-2014, 04:16 PM

gimm finally put out his album

surprised the world didnt end

you can find him and all the old guys over at

http://www.projectrhyme.com/forums/f4/

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 04:20 PM
No doubt, I'm mixing a few tracks for him - he just tossed me his album last night.

Currently working on a few projects - one solo, one with Tali and some others.

Witty
01-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Do I know you?

oats
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
sacrifice live in the flesh

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Maybe.

I've been around the block a few times, but not everywhere.

Ya'll should go check out:
http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=47991

First drop from my new album.

Certain
01-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Get TaLi to come here, too.

We go way back.

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I'll bring it up - I doubt he'll re-enter the forum world.

Certain
01-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Well, tell him Tha Talent says hi.

Eŋg
01-23-2014, 04:47 PM
sacrifice you prolly don't remember ving rhymes but hey 'fice. lol.

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
I remember you man, from RSTL I think. Maybe not, but I do remember. Haha.

Pent uP
01-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Is that actually Sacrifice?

Pent uP, can you confirm?

Yeah I got a hold of him last night

Split
01-23-2014, 05:38 PM
gimm finally put out his album

surprised the world didnt end

you can find him and all the old guys over at

http://www.projectrhyme.com/forums/f4/
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8149/uppercutnegee7.gif

uh-oh
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
lol sac's been a member of PR but word

i remember we battled in the rhyme and i got 2 votes with a terrible verse

aka sac is trash

#SHOTSFIRED

but nah sac is the type to go deep with it, one of the better topical dudes i've ever read. i just don't like thinking that much yo. entertain meeeeee

sacrifice
01-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Hahaha. What's up da god.

uh-oh
01-23-2014, 06:19 PM
chillinnn watupppp

trying to figure out how im gonna write something for the deadline tomorrow. too tired to think after busting ass at work every day this week.

i beat soulstice last round. which is dope. but he wrote to the wrong topic so i can't take pride in it. and 6 retards voted for him anyways off the strength of his name lmao

but word

same shit another site

Split
01-23-2014, 06:47 PM
in a battle of this proportions, between a relatively unknown topicalist and a premier writer, one must give benefit of the doubt, and trust the instincts of the more seasoned writer

Certain
01-23-2014, 06:53 PM
I disagree entirely. You vote for the better verse by your own standards without the context of the writers' pasts. I would rather have someone whose standard is to vote for the better verse regardless of topical correlation than someone who votes for the bigger name in any close battle.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Word. When I read that from Frank I rolled my eyes. Worst reasoning for a vote I've seen in a minute. You're better off just not saying that and saying v/whoever.

Split
01-23-2014, 06:57 PM
in order to keep things truly unbiased I don't even read the verses before I vote. keep my voter intuition untainted

Lars
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM

yo, its Baron Mynd, long time no see fam

waddup?

uh-oh
01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I disagree entirely. You vote for the better verse by your own standards without the context of the writers' pasts. I would rather have someone whose standard is to vote for the better verse regardless of topical correlation than someone who votes for the bigger name in any close battle.

word i agree, except with assigned topics

but even then i agree, because 2 people could approach the same topic differently, and the better overall verse would win. but the two people have to actually make a connection with the topic lol

if the better verse wins no matter what why even put a topic in the thread

i'll just keystyle buffoonish thuggery and win out

Certain
01-23-2014, 07:06 PM
word i agree, except with assigned topics

but even then i agree, because 2 people could approach the same topic differently, and the better overall verse would win. but the two people have to actually make a connection with the topic lol

if the better verse wins no matter what why even put a topic in the thread

i'll just keystyle buffoonish thuggery and win out

My votes probably are more based on topic approach than anyone's. I was using that as a hypothetical. Anything is better than voting based on name.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
My votes probably are more based on topic approach than anyone's. I was using that as a hypothetical. Anything is better than voting based on name.

Yeah but I write better mags.

Certain
01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/titreGs.gif

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 07:47 PM
lol

I will aim for 20,000 words next round to prove it.

<font size="1">Expect some filler</font>

Certain
01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Size doesn't matter.

oats
01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I remember my match against sacrifice on that one site with the alleged $500 winner's fee. Is that site still up?

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Size doesn't matter.

In theory, yeah. But I've dropped two 10,000 word plus mags and none of it's been filler except that hipster superbowl thing, but I thought it was funny. Analysis has been spot on, my opinion. So if quality's equal then size matters.

Although I should include a 'Certain's Corner' type section. Those were dope.

Certain
01-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Your magazines are good. I'm not crazy about interviews, but others like them.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I like them. Thought they've been good this tourney. Except Split. Split mailed it in.

I'm going to steal the certain's corner idea. It's happening.

I have 'TWL Mag 3 Due' in my monthly planner. Srs.

Certain
01-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Certain's Corner is a league concept. In theory, it hopefully will lead to people trying new things. Tournaments are about comfort zones for most people. You can't experiment if you can't afford to lose.

Stealing it will lead to me destroying you.

Don't make this happen, Pancake. We are friends.

uh-oh
01-23-2014, 08:08 PM
someone say something dumb so i can post this NDT gif of him rolling his eyes

Certain
01-23-2014, 08:09 PM
someone say something dumb so i can post this NDT gif of him rolling his eyes

Joe Flacco is worth every penny for the Ravens.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I think I'm more than prepared to handle Tha Talent in a beef.

But what of our PM conversations :(.

It will be called 'Pancake's Parcels'.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Joe Flacco is worth every penny for the Ravens.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/BEMC/u-r-one-cheeky-kunt-m8-i-swear/image.png

Certain
01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
I think I'm more than prepared to handle Tha Talent in a beef.

But what of our PM conversations :(.

It will be called 'Pancake's Parcels'.

Tha Talent was no pushover, but Certain is a monster.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
You're probably a better writer, purely, than me.

But you do not want the beef aspect to come into play.

I will resume the PancakeBrah persona.

Certain
01-23-2014, 09:02 PM
I can't support biters. Come up with your own gimmick.

PancakeBrah
01-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't get it.

We're enemies now, right? That's what I got from this.

GOODBYE TO HALF MY 'SENT PM' ACTIVITY!

Certain
01-23-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't know. We'll have to see what the contents of the quarterfinals magazine entail.

We'll have to see.

Certain
01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
uh-oh, where is that gif?

uh-oh
01-23-2014, 09:26 PM
im waiting for someone to say something stupid

i only see knowledgeable well thought out statements

Pent uP
01-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I think Ma$e can still make a comeback

big baby
01-23-2014, 10:04 PM
veritas is good

Pent uP
01-23-2014, 10:06 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

Certain
01-23-2014, 10:21 PM
dead man, you are a master of karate and friendship. If Witty no-shows, Fox the Tibetan Fox will be banned.

Split
01-23-2014, 10:35 PM
dead man, you are a master of karate and friendship.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JUlXh7sP8

Couch
01-24-2014, 12:24 AM
I can't believe I found this site again. I'll be waiting for the league to start while watching this. Hi to some of you(most of you) who I remember.

Nigma
01-24-2014, 01:13 AM
PSA: VERSES ARE DUE TMRW NIGHT. NEWS TO ME. WILL BE EDITTING THE SHIT OUT OF MY VERSE. GRAVEYARD SHIFT = WTF DAY IS IT

Diode
01-24-2014, 02:37 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8149/uppercutnegee7.gif

oh no not a neg

sac came up on bboys and pr

you were busy playing bionicles

its ok

Lars
01-24-2014, 05:31 AM
dope how Nigma managed to fit the word mordycai into his verse hahaha

Nigma
01-24-2014, 07:25 AM
dope how Nigma managed to fit the word mordycai into his verse hahaha

Not sure if praise or scrutiny lol, thanks for the read tho brooooseph

Witty
01-24-2014, 08:32 AM
dead man, you are a master of karate and friendship. If Witty no-shows, Fox the Tibetan Fox will be banned.

NYCSPITZ
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
M.O...P IS WASSUP
WE IN THE CUT
BROWNSVILLE IS HEATIN IT UP

Diode
01-24-2014, 09:01 AM
I can't believe I found this site again. I'll be waiting for the league to start while watching this. Hi to some of you(most of you) who I remember.

WHAT IS MY COUCH DOING POSTING ON THIS FORUM?

The Mind Assassin

PancakeBrah
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Verses/extension requests are due in 14 hours; Midnight Pacific 1/24/2013.

oXus trap Witty Wis Wavy Certain Vulgar Split Eight big baby oats uh-oh

Certain
01-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Lars filed.

PancakeBrah
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm going to fight u irl

Certain
01-24-2014, 01:00 PM
It will serve as a bonding experience.

Witty
01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I wanna be referee.

Certain
01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Witty, I was serious about Fox.

Witty
01-24-2014, 01:08 PM
I'M GOING TO POST, CERTAIN.

Jeez.

Also, why threaten the Fox? What has he ever done to hurt you?

See, this is my problem with society....we kill all of our prophets, Jesus, MLK, Fox the Tibetan Fox etc etc

NYCSPITZ
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
i gave ox the ext via mention or user cp messages w/e that is

NYCSPITZ
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
visitor messages

Lars
01-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm just back from work, grabbed some food, then I'm outtie!

dead man
01-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Granted witty the ext

oats
01-24-2014, 03:31 PM
I'll try to post tonight uh-oh but I may need the extension. lmk if that's cool

big baby
01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
ZYG extension?

may not need it, just lmk

Wise Wiggles
01-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Pent uP extension? You can go 50 lines instead of 48..

I might need it.

big baby
01-24-2014, 05:32 PM
I actually don't want to write, so scratch the extension. Good luck ZYG.

Witty
01-24-2014, 06:41 PM
:(

Witty
01-24-2014, 07:19 PM
uh-oh oats already asked for an ext.

look upwards.

uh-oh
01-24-2014, 07:31 PM
I'll try to post tonight uh-oh but I may need the extension. lmk if that's cool

all good. im in the same boat. just got home i have an idea for what i wanna do but i don't know if i'll be able to flesh it out tonight

Pent uP
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Pent uP extension? You can go 50 lines instead of 48..

I might need it.

Lol what kind of one way sportsmanship is that?

Pancake you make the call

Wise Wiggles
01-24-2014, 07:45 PM
line ex & time ex are completely the same, you're right!

dead man
01-24-2014, 07:46 PM
I actually don't want to write, so scratch the extension. Good luck ZYG.
much reverse so psychology very drop out

dead man
01-24-2014, 07:47 PM
i guess extensions are inevitable with friday due dates but damn can we get ONE battle up tonight??

Certain
01-24-2014, 07:51 PM
i guess extensions are inevitable with friday due dates but damn can we get ONE battle up tonight??

Mine will be, albeit probably after you go to bed.

zygote
01-24-2014, 08:04 PM
All time/line extensions, anything, are always OK against me. Don't even ask about it, it will always be granted 100%, no exceptions. I only care for the contest, to see the opponents upload submission and read the comments comparing each.

Split
01-24-2014, 08:09 PM
<3 Zygote <3

big baby
01-24-2014, 08:28 PM
<3 Zygote <3

my mancrush back off little eight

Certain
01-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Why are you making him unhappy then, big baby? He only cares for the contest!

big baby
01-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Why are you making him unhappy then, big baby? He only cares for the contest!

you're right.

PancakeBrah
01-24-2014, 08:54 PM
wow @ the difference between those edits

PancakeBrah
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Lol what kind of one way sportsmanship is that?

Pancake you make the call

I'm not sure, but it just seems that he's offering the line extension you originally wanted for a day extension.

Unless I'm reading it wrong. Which is possible because I am experiencing an all day hangover.

Pent uP
01-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Hes offering me a line extention that I no longer need because my verse is done and asking me for an extension after denying me one.

Yes u can have the extension Wis Wavy

Ghost1
01-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Garage

Diode
01-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Boatyard.

big baby
01-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Hes offering me a line extention that I no longer need because my verse is done and asking me for an extension after denying me one.

Yes u can have the extension Wis Wavy

say extension one more time

big baby
01-24-2014, 11:38 PM
i will be showing, btw. listening to ravel with these noise cancelling took me to a planet nobody has ever heard of before. this is beautiful, i can taste things with words

PancakeBrah
01-24-2014, 11:41 PM
i will be showing, btw. listening to ravel with these noise cancelling took me to a planet nobody has ever heard of before. this is beautiful, i can taste things with words

So I take it you still want the match extended then?

Pent uP
01-24-2014, 11:41 PM
say extension one more time

I'ma stick a weave on big baby when he asks for extensions

big baby
01-24-2014, 11:58 PM
So I take it you still want the match extended then?

cake plz do admin stuff and stop with silly q's

Split
01-25-2014, 12:15 AM
tfw you don't know if she likes an artist because she knows you do, or if she legitimately enjoys the artist

Split
01-25-2014, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKz1TnFcy18

big baby
01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
KINDA FUCKING AMPED FOR THIS TOURNEY OUTCOME NOW

Couch
01-25-2014, 03:21 AM
Vulgar

I'll want a rematch with you next season

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
yeah shit up couch

dead man
01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Split Eight are you a vic mensa fan as well?

Eŋg
01-25-2014, 09:59 AM
so i've noticed we're all sort of affable in here. it's cute.

i am about half done Totoro i should finish tonight.

Nigma
01-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I granted trap an extension via telepathic communication

dead man
01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
happy that big baby da big baby decided to post vs. Z-Y-G. that is definitely my favorite match so far. very contrasting styles. going to be a really difficult vote..

english eat a bag of monkey dicks with your earl gray you streetwalking BITCH

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I think I'm feeling inspired today. It's a beautiful day. Yesterday I took the closest pic of a bald eagle I've ever taken. It's a powerful thing. 8 ft wingspan.

dead man
01-25-2014, 11:28 AM
u have a beautiful spirit bro

dead man
01-25-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm going to buy some gewürztraminer for my bitch. i mean girlfriend. its her bday tomorrow. her bat mitzvah should be fun.

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2014, 11:41 AM
How old is she turning. I've never heard of that German thingy but I googled and looks good. Wine fucks me up. I'm a binge drinker though. Very off putting sometimes. Got yakked the fuck out right after I posted that crazy thread, weds. had no clue that was coming. Almost thought my pops was going to swing on me Thursday (Old man has a very short fuse). He apologized for exploding in my face though. I've just been stresssssssed lately. Car took a dump. Pulled over for expired tags. Just got the o2 censor put on yesterday. Need to find another roommate. Blah. How old is your girl turning?

Eŋg
01-25-2014, 11:56 AM
streetwalking

THIS BIT HURT MY FEELS.

wait...

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/Eng2489/WP_000105_zps6ef5b801.jpg

...most thoughtful birthday present i've had in about 8 years. mainly because i don't (let people) do them.

dead man
01-25-2014, 11:57 AM
google bat mitzvah next.

what crazy thread?

bingeing is for the birds man. keep a steady habitual buzz. stay functional. sucks about your car homie i assume public transit in portland aint really shit..

Nigma
01-25-2014, 12:10 PM
I think I'm feeling inspired today. It's a beautiful day. Yesterday I took the closest pic of a bald eagle I've ever taken. It's a powerful thing. 8 ft wingspan.

Dude last year at work (was working at a golf course then) there was a golden eagle just chillin with its head furled up backwards in its body, i thought it was fake at first and started to walk away but then threw a stick to check and it slowly unwinded its head and looked at me, I was literally in arms reach of the thing. I noticed it was injured later watching it move around so I called the wildlife reserve people and they picked it up, the thing died a few days later of nature causes, old age. One of the craziest fucking things ever, I wrote a verse on it instantly while it was still fresh in my head

Not sure what the size difference between golden eagles and bald eagles is but the talons on that motherfucker were scary as shit, and bright yellow. The thing was taller then my waste perched there injured so I'd imagine its wingspan was pretty fuckin huge too

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2014, 12:23 PM
google bat mitzvah next.

what crazy thread?

bingeing is for the birds man. keep a steady habitual buzz. stay functional. sucks about your car homie i assume public transit in portland aint really shit..

Naked bitch running around outside mid day thread.. But yeah I have a breathalyzer on the whip til April 26th.. So I can't really drink during the week. Cuz I start work at 5:30 am. My car didn't "take a shit" really just had to get it up to emissions standard. The whole keep Oregon green thing.

And yeah eagles are cray. I've worked at a golf course for years. Saw a coyote ten ft from me on Thursday as well. Hawks are all over the place here. The eagles put them to shame. Usually eagles don't let you get close to them at all. Sucks that one died though.

PancakeBrah
01-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Nigma I don't think trap is going to show. He PM'd me awhile ago saying he wouldn't be able to post. I held out hope he'd change his mind but it seems that he won't be showing.

Nigma
01-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Nigma I don't think trap is going to show. He PM'd me awhile ago saying he wouldn't be able to post. I held out hope he'd change his mind but it seems that he won't be showing.

typical

Nigma
01-25-2014, 12:36 PM
You can probs close the battle if thats the case and I'll drop my verse in the OM

PancakeBrah
01-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Done. I'll be sure to feed the piece when you post it.

On the plus side you're in the final 8.

Certain
01-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Nigma, don't forget to vote or you get docked next round.

dead man
01-25-2014, 01:31 PM
THIS BIT HURT MY FEELS.

wait...

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/Eng2489/WP_000105_zps6ef5b801.jpg

...most thoughtful birthday present i've had in about 8 years. mainly because i don't (let people) do them.
what is it? a letter opener?

Certain
01-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Likelihood of no-show rankings:

1. Witty
2. oXus
3. uh-oh
4. oats
5. Wis Wavy
6. Split Eight
7. Vulgar
8. Pent uP

Probably only Witty, though.

Eŋg
01-25-2014, 01:54 PM
what is it? a letter opener?

sorry i should have unsheathed it: metal beard comb. handle made from shed antler... (i think) a 20/20 buckshot's hull casing binds them together. i would've preferred Eng instead of the full nomenclature, but she didn't know that and it was a surprise. it's pretty much perfect.

i won't no-show Certain

Certain
01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I only put you second because of time zones.

Pent uP
01-25-2014, 02:09 PM
You realize my verse was submitted yesterday, certain

Eŋg
01-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I only put you second because of time zones.

8am sunday. i think?

Certain
01-25-2014, 02:13 PM
You realize my verse was submitted yesterday, certain

You guys with your edits. The check-in post gets deleted anyway if it's left.

Pent uP
01-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Old habits die hard.

NYCSPITZ
01-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Old habits die hard.

THAT RAINY DAY BAG BURIED IN THE BACKYARD

dead man
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Witty has assured me he will be showing so I hope not.

Certain
01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Witty knows the fox will die. Witty also no-showed 12 times last year, he says.

Split
01-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Split Eight are you a vic mensa fan as well?

I like Orange Soda but havent listened to the rest of his tape

big baby
01-25-2014, 02:41 PM
deadman cool now.

big baby da big baby HATE old ppl

Certain
01-25-2014, 02:43 PM
8am sunday. i think?

Yes.

Witty
01-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Certain, I'm showing.

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2014, 04:04 PM
So your girl turning 12 then...?
dead man

ur funny

PancakeBrah
01-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Vulgar Split Eight oats uh-oh Witty oXus Wis Wavy

Friendly reminder that the final deadline is in 9 hours. Midnight Pacific, Tonight.

big baby
01-25-2014, 06:16 PM
"friendly"

PancakeBrah
01-25-2014, 06:18 PM
I knew you would comment on that. Just like you did last round.

Why must you do this?

uh-oh
01-25-2014, 06:22 PM
im gonna get SOMETHING up

Split
01-25-2014, 06:25 PM
I am putting beers in my backpack and going to the library to enter a meditative writing trance

Vulgar
01-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm home, we'll see what happens now.

oats
01-25-2014, 10:52 PM
just so you know, it's been a beautiful fucking day out today. GLAD I'M INSIDE WRITING THIS VERSE

Certain
01-25-2014, 10:55 PM
You live in Hawaii, oats. It will be beautiful tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after. But nothing will help with the rampant poverty, alcoholism and tourism problems.

big baby
01-25-2014, 10:59 PM
You live in Hawaii, oats. It will be beautiful tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after.

loling.

Pent uP
01-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Vulgar and oats about to post...shits getting real.

oats
01-25-2014, 11:13 PM
You live in Hawaii, oats. It will be beautiful tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after. But nothing will help with the rampant poverty, alcoholism and tourism problems.

Nothing...until this verse I'm about to post. Ecotourism: A Topical de Force.

oats
01-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Also winter is the rainy season on my side, so it's only sunny and nice out like 3-4 days a week now.

Witty
01-25-2014, 11:16 PM
In Ireland, every season is the rainy season.

Pent uP
01-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Ireland is europes seattle

Nigma
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Seattle is America's Vancouver

Split
01-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Vancouver is the NHL's pissbasin

uh-oh
01-25-2014, 11:39 PM
i got something up now oats

still got a few hours

oats
01-26-2014, 12:03 AM
posted mine. had to run some quick errands - protein was 25% plus 5$ off and then my boy hooked me up with a quarter for 80, which may be normal for the mainland but around here it's some true blue homie hookup

PancakeBrah
01-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Nothing...until this verse I'm about to post. Ecotourism: A Topical de Force.

Is it true natural Hawaiins dislike white people? Please inform me.

oats
01-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Is it true natural Hawaiins dislike white people? Please inform me.

yes, to the point that you should be aware of it while visiting, but no in the sense that it shouldn't prevent you from visiting. if you a) are a normal human being and b)don't wander too far from touristy places, it's fine.

Eŋg
01-26-2014, 12:42 AM
if everyone shows i'll post a picture to roast.

Certain
01-26-2014, 12:44 AM
oXus, did you just wake up or stay up overnight?

PancakeBrah
01-26-2014, 12:45 AM
if everyone shows i'll post a picture to roast.

Strong logic seeing as how we already have a no show.

I see you oXus. Well played.

Eŋg
01-26-2014, 12:48 AM
i haven't slept. but i was watching fights. then read some of Villette. got bored. started reading Tristram Shandy. wanted to masturbate. realized i should finish my verse before i sleep. finished my verse. gave an over-elaborate answer to Certain. got caught out by pancakebrah he is so perceptive. going to smoke. and then sleep.

Vulgar
01-26-2014, 12:53 AM
i haven't slept. but i was watching fights. then read some of Villette. got bored. started reading Tristram Shandy. wanted to masturbate. realized i should finish my verse before i sleep. finished my verse. gave an over-elaborate answer to Certain. got caught out by pancakebrah he is so perceptive. going to smoke. and then sleep.

lol..

Split
01-26-2014, 02:14 AM
some negro in my home town (actually a white trash faggot that drives a beater automatic Eclipse and smokes DayQuil out of mechanical pencils) tried to charge me $45 for an eighth. I laughed so hard.

Wise Wiggles
01-26-2014, 11:55 AM
So sorry

dead man
01-26-2014, 12:25 PM
BURR

GUCCI

uh-oh
01-26-2014, 12:26 PM
some negro in my home town (actually a white trash faggot that drives a beater automatic Eclipse and smokes DayQuil out of mechanical pencils) tried to charge me $45 for an eighth. I laughed so hard.

where do you live

45-50 an eighth is the norm here for top quality

i got the hook up tho, and pay NOTHING

Pent uP
01-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Yea split thats reg prices for high end shit