PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals Discussion & Predictions

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM
The Winter Topical
Discussion & Predictions

<iframe src="http://challonge.com/wintertopical/module" width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

QUARTERFINALS
(1)dead man vs. (9)big baby
(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats

One of the best quarterfinals in recent memory Congratulations to everyone who's made it this far and to everyone who's helped us get here. Mag will be up either 1/28 or 1/29.

Any discussion, shit talking, bitching, and predictions go here.

Witty
01-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Am I the only person who can't make a prediction on any of these battles?

I really dunno, all of them could go either way.

oats
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
1)dead man vs. (9)big baby - this will be an interesting matchup. Baby is capable of the upset if Black doesn't bring his A game.

(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus - Only question for me with Eng is his consistency, if he's gonna show up or not. If he does, he's one of the top writers here. Nigma is an enigma to me, not sure what he's capable of.

(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars - tossup, can't call it. Probably BOTW.

Certain
01-28-2014, 02:28 PM
These are some interesting pictures (so I made up bland names).

(1)dead man vs. (9)big baby | "Dead People Around a Rock Hole"
The topic favors storytelling, which neither quite excels at but dead man is more experienced with. big baby, though, has been on his game with arguably the best verses of the first two rounds. I think he can come up with something dark and demented. But dead man loves writing to grim topics. I could see him turning this into a dissertation on religion. Hopefully he finds himself inspired again.
Prediction: big baby 52-48

(21)oXus vs. (R)Nigma | "Strange Stuctures in the Desert"
The dark horse matchup features two interesting writers. Nigma has a fantastic imagination and should be able to run with this topic. oXus will have to step out of his comfort zone, but his writing is more polished and interesting. I think there are quite a few good ways to approach this picture, and I am guessing Nigma will go large-scale storytelling while oXus might develop what these structures are and why they reflect on humanity.
Prediction: Nigma 54-46

(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars | "Underwater City Also Has Whales"
I don't know what to think of this topic, which seems to my eyes to be by far the hardest to write for. Pent uP has the better style to approach something fantastical like this, but Baron Mynd is a pro's pro. I think Pent uP will spend more time developing his concept and write something enormous and showy, while Baron Mynd will shoot straight and crisp with a more minimalist bent on underwater living or something like that. The former approach works better here.
Prediction: Pent uP 53-47

(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats | "Man Looks at City from Cliff"
This is the best, boldest topic of the round. It suits Vulgar particularly well. My guess is he will go with a bold return to his more abstract bent and give us a fundamental deconstruction on city life. oats will counter with the story of the man. This battle is going to come down to which writer goes all-in on his approach, and it's my clear-cut battle of the week.
Prediction: oats 51-49

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Some credit goes to Vulgar for the topics. I picked them out from the EOW(?) Art topic he made awhile back.

Certain
01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars - tossup, can't call it. Probably BOTW.

Coward.

Vulgar
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Nice topics.

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Nice topics.

Always thought those eow pics you posted would be good for writing. Should've used them in an earlier round tbh.

Certain
01-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Today, I finally came up with an ideal approach to my topic vs. Lars. It was right under my nose the whole fucking time.

dead man
01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Today, I finally came up with an ideal approach to my topic vs. Lars. It was right under my nose the whole fucking time.
do tell

Split
01-28-2014, 03:53 PM
SUPER DOPE TOPICS THIS WEEK HUH

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 03:59 PM
SUPER DOPE TOPICS THIS WEEK HUH

I though you were died.

You went complete Wild Turkey Split mode for a few posts then nothing.

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
What's up, Pancake?

Split
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
yeah, i stepped out of my office to smoke with this womanfolk.

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 04:11 PM
What's up, Pancake?

I'm tired. Going to run, go to the gym, and watch a few episodes of HIMYM after work. Then go to sleep. THEN BANG OUT THE MAG ON THE MORROW.

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:11 PM
How far along are you?

Split
01-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Barney dies.

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Opening section, bracket breakdown, previews. Have to do reviews, interviews, and get Bags' video mag.

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
No, I meant in How I Met Your Mother.

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Season 7 episode 12(?) I think. Last episode was when Marshall and lilly actually move to their suburban house

Soulstice
01-28-2014, 04:18 PM
is a league beginning shortly after this tournament?

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:20 PM
is a league beginning shortly after this tournament?

Yes, sign ups will go up around the time of the semifinals.

Soulstice
01-28-2014, 04:20 PM
yay

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Season 7 episode 12(?) I think. Last episode was when Marshall and lilly actually move to their suburban house

You're at probably the weakest run the show has had, but stick with it because this season is great.

PancakeBrah
01-28-2014, 04:26 PM
I've liked it all the way through. Can't recall not liking a run of episodes. Writing and actors are too good for a slump, at least for me.

Certain
01-28-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm probably the biggest How I Met Your Mother apologizer around, but there are a few clunkers in late Season 7 and early Season 8.

Split
01-28-2014, 04:38 PM
QUARTERFINALS
>> too close to call. dead man could pull one out with a more conceptually contained verse as opposed to bb's open dialogue type writing. both write dope rhymes like its their 9-5. bb might get inspired and drop to full enlarged infantile capacity.

(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
>> i have oxus taking this, nigma seems exhausted.

(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
>> another tough call. Pent uP rhymes lucid dreams together, but Lars deconstructs them so. there is that. i feel like Pent will take this by a slim margin.

(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats
>> dope match-up... Imo both have been a tad reserved, calculated. saving effort for later battles. this would be one they'll need all they juice. I have Vulgar with more recent competition experience.

big baby
01-28-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm tired. Going to run, go to the gym, and watch a few episodes of HIMYM after work. Then go to sleep. THEN BANG OUT THE MAG ON THE MORROW.

whats ur average mile time.

big baby
01-28-2014, 04:59 PM
(1)dead man vs. (9)big baby | "Dead People Around a Rock Hole"
deadman enters nirvana and meditates with NYCspitz on a nether realm. Hyperbolic time chamber makes deadman very muscular. big baby da big baby drops a fucking bomb. deadman withers the storm. stay tuned on the next episode of dragon ball z
Prediction: over 9,000

(21)oXus vs. (R)Nigma | "Strange Stuctures in the Desert"
oXus stuns the crowd with a twist. He pronounces everything with a big accent and ends every sentence with matey. Nigma retorts in his verse with 'this verse should be in the OM HOF...BITCHES' there's an argument in the voting section about how this is a us based site/server and oxus should be banned for no patriotism. 3 admins die.
Prediction: Nigma 100-0

(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars | "Underwater City Also Has Whales"
pent up googles lars's verse before he even posts it. The whole time pent up WAS lars. Pent up admits to being banged in the ass by his girlfriend. Lar's whole persona is thrown off. Kills himself. Reserve battle is taken place by nyc and certain. Netcees isnt the same again
Prediction: Pent uP R.I.P aka lars

(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats | "Man Looks at City from Cliff"
Vulgar makes up another 3 words. Graduates from his college with a degree in englishomics. BOTW verse. Oats knows what the 3 words mean though because 'hes a teacher'. Oats makes a video response to vulgar text response of him on a cliff in hawaii. Zooms in on his lips while saying the verse. Gets votes for creativity. Bolsters site activity. New wave of video topicalists join the site. Text topicaling is dead. Pent up gets HOF removed for death and inactive obsolete credentials. Oats becomes the face of a video topical poem surge. Becomes famous. Gets sued for smoking weed with students. Faces 9 years in jail for child endangerment. Finds strikta and kills him for me.
Prediction: oats 63- 37

Wise Wiggles
01-28-2014, 05:17 PM
botw - black vs bwahaha

dead man
01-28-2014, 05:39 PM
There are seven incarnations (and six correlates) necessary to becoming an Artist:

1. Explorer (Courage)
2. Surveyor (Vision)
3. Miner (Strength)
4. Refiner (Patience)
5. Designer (Intelligence)
6. Maker (Experience)
7. Artist.

First, you must leave the safety of your home and go into the dangers of the world, whether to an actual territory or some unexamined aspect of the psyche. This is what is meant by 'Explorer.' Next, you must have the vision to recognize your destination once you arrive there. Note that a destination may sometimes also be the journey. This is what is meant by 'Surveyor.' Third, you must be strong enough to dig up the facts, follow veins of history, unearth telling details. This is what is meant by 'Miner.' Fourth, you must have the patience to winnow and process your material into something rare. This may take months or even years. And this is what is meant by 'Refiner.' Fifth, you must use your intellect to conceive of your material as something meaning more than its origins. This is what is meant by 'Designer.' Six, you must fashion a work independent of everything that has gone before it including yourself. This is accomplished though experience and is what is meant by 'Maker.' At this stage, the work is acceptable. You will be fortunate to have progressed so far. It is unlikely, however, that you will go any farther. Most do not. But let us assume you are exceptional. Let us assume you are rare. What then does it mean to reach the final incarnation? Only this: at every stage, from 1 thru 6, you will risk more, see more, gather more, process more, fashion more, consider more, love more, suffer more, imagine more and in the end know why less means more and leave what doesn't and keep what implies and create what matters. This is what is meant by 'Artist'.

oats
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Coward.

Pent vs. Lars - In any tournament, both would be headliners. Battle of true heavyweights. It's TOO CLOSE TO CALL (ahem, Certain), but if I had to choose, I'd give a slight edge to Lars for his technical mastery, makes him tough competition. Could go either way.

Witty
01-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I've had a very sore head for about 4 days and i'm not sure why but i think i might be dying.

oats
01-28-2014, 05:45 PM
big baby has the best predictions.

dead man
01-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I've had a very sore head for about 4 days and i'm not sure why but i think i might be dying.
you still off the cigarettes?

Witty
01-28-2014, 05:55 PM
you still off the cigarettes?

Nah, although i do smoke a lot less.

Eŋg
01-28-2014, 07:23 PM
i quit smoking for two months and then commuting to uni underslept today totally fucked me up and i chainsmoked about 15. feel ill. leaned @ bb's predictions.

uhm. let's see. i haven't done this yet.

blacketh/bwahaha -- two writers that basically ooze ability to the point it is brimful. they're too good. possibly the best two on this site. minus frank. black has pretty much sharpened his patent brand of writing to a masamune, excalbur II and/or master sword. the other guy is a seemingly precocious talent who can smear words that could threaten the very fabric of existence with the excrement from his diaper. if he can fashion a swordbreaker out of an Æsahættr he can take this. big if, but he is capable.

prediction: me/nigma lose to either in the next round. fml.

oXus/nigma -- nigma drops a piece that should get om hof but it's only the fourth best of this round. begs for feed. the former changes his name to Eŋg, by popular demand, with the latin character ruining the potential for mentions. feigns indifference. girls like that. says he is happy to have simply fucked up cake's seeding. secretly wants to win but is writing about the conflict of passion and duty in Jane Eyre and wants to kill himself. prefers Villette but can't write about it. nigma is canadian. Emmanuelle Chriqui is 10/10.

prediction: did my topic get changed?

pent up/lars -- the old guard. grizzled veterans. it's Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto vs. William Munny. one rhymes exceptionally well and tells great stories. the other rhymes, well... exceptionally and tells great stories. what would set them apart is their approach, and in turn, their ability to coax voters. interesting battle. how many times have you two met before and who is winning the series? how about you both fuck off and let new blood win tournaments instead.

prediction: lars goes over the line limit and pent invokes the dq clause.

vulgar/oats -- oats is just a cool motherfucker who happens to be top-tier. lets teaching heavily influence his writing. even in his extra-curricular activities this nigga teaches. sanctimonius son of a bitch. plays a uke (guitar for retards). is hawaiian and a staunch bj penn fan. i'm not hawaiian but am a staunch bj penn fan. will probably friendvote for him because i still owe on something he proofread for me. not that vulgar isn't my friend. he is. he just keeps making fun of my semitic ancestry and/or kickboxing prowess. tell me when you're next in England, son. vulgar is probably the most esoteric writer in this entire tournament, capable of creating his own, storied, mythos. a frightening prospect.

prediction: this battle is pretty much even, predictably, like every other. i hope my friendvote tips the scale.

Certain
01-28-2014, 07:27 PM
prediction: did my topic get changed?

No, I was on my phone when I wrote my predictions, so the image was small and I thought it was a desert instead of mountains.

Certain
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Lars, let's schedule our third battle for 2024, tentatively.

Nigma
01-29-2014, 04:03 AM
prediction: me/nigma lose to either in the next round. fml.

this is accurate, fml2. double no show plz

Objective
01-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I'll probably vote on a couple battles this time around. The match ups and topics looks dope af.

PancakeBrah
01-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Nigma I deleted Franks post. Idk if you want to edit your response into a check. Seems like you're kwazee without Franks post there.

Also;

Expect the mag tonight, 100%.

Lars
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
how many times have you two met before and who is winning the series? how about you both fuck off and let new blood win tournaments instead.

we've only faced once before I think?

we were crew, met in a title match at RM, there could be more but my memories shot

old age comes to us all haha!

Lars
01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Lars, let's schedule our third battle for 2024, tentatively.

LOL

I'd never heard the term 'rubber match' before you said that

Witty
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Someone remind me to vote this round plz
Pancake Certain

oats
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
LOL

I'd never heard the term 'rubber match' before you said that

I guess anything to do with rubbers nowadays carries a different connotation, eh?

Wise Wiggles
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Who uses rubbers anyways, amirite?

Lars
01-29-2014, 04:20 PM
lmao I guess I'm the only guy on the board still a fan of prophylactics and anal play huh?

Certain
01-29-2014, 04:32 PM
You're engaged, though. You should be going in raw.

Lars
01-29-2014, 04:40 PM
lmao you guys know far too much about my life outside of here already

but for the record i do on occasion, just not midweek when she has work the next day is all

oats
01-29-2014, 04:47 PM
I can't remember the last time I threw a rub on.

Witty
01-29-2014, 04:52 PM
so, um, I saw a video of a guy go unconscious while skydiving today and he lived.

Red glare
01-30-2014, 04:43 AM
[center]The Winter Topical
Discussion & Predictions[/center

QUARTERFINALS

Dead Man Vs Big Baby. Is big baby bwahwaha? Even I can't figure that one out. Big baby may be leeching off the accolades his predecessors left behind and people are associatung him with another paragraph icon? I am now convinced this big baby fellow is a seperate entity. He has created some seperation with his recent verses. I don't see him in dull boys shadow anymore. Dead man is an icon around here. He's like the undertaker at wrestlemania, 20 and 0 or some shit, haven't watched live wrestling event in yearrs. Does Dead Man bring out old school paul bearer and tombstone the baby? Or is he going to ride the harley out, with a bald head, washed up and fuck up his knee on a chokeslam? Black was running on all cylinders last week but I think the people will need to see what hes made of this week going against a rookie out of high school. A LeBron james of sorts. This matchup has more at stake than advancement to another round. No. This match will decide the true king of the the open mic forum. This match up is ppv worthy. Looking forward.

(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
Nigma can write. Occasionally, he will drop a free flowing waterfall flow. When he is at his peak form, he can be a very tranquil read. Oxus aka English. A very articulate writer who delves in the art of intri***ies and peculiarities. A cunning linguist. Goodluck to both writers. I got Nigma winning the whole tournament.

(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
Combined stats, this match is top 10 in the wirld of text topicals. Two writers with storied pasts. Baron Mynd, a brilliant mind, read up him in his hay day. Pent uP a veterans veteran, almost gets a pass but has proven to be a household name. Always an abstract read. Lars has been the posterboy, rocking the avy and all. He has shown strides of the old rstl days but for the most part he is now a refined shadow of his former self. Pent up stepped it up last week with October feast. Which was, echoing others, a slight improvement from the previous week. Both writers are well oiled and running now on all cylinders so they should collide at full speed in a double knockout headbutt. These two have been on Netcees all this time and now its time to see who the real rstl netcee representative is (excluding talent).

(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats

I like oats. He's Hawaiian. He writes his shit sipping coconut he climbed up into the tree to get, maybe he threw a rock or something, not to keen on the coconut gathering methods. He probably does that wierd shit with his hand. You dont know if hes trying to give you a thumb up or hes trying to pinky promise you something. Vulgar is One of the most creative writers I've come across. A melting pot writer whos plot thickens to a stirr so dense it cracks the wooden oar. I got Vulgar. I have not read much by oatmeal but he is another writer who must step up to the plate and deliver to solidify his argument for topical hierarchy.

There are moments that define you.

This is one of them.

Goodluck.

NYCSPITZ
01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats

Soulstice
01-31-2014, 01:32 PM
(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats

deadman vs oxus
pent up vs vulgar

deadman vs vulgar
deadman wins

Certain
01-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Based on my predictions from earlier, I'll say oats beats big baby in the title match. Bags may or may not be involved.

Certain
01-31-2014, 05:26 PM
I have been listening to alt-country a bit lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOegK3iIu4

Frank
01-31-2014, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9V0tdWSYLE

Lars
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM
(R)Nigma vs. (21)oXus
(2)Pent uP vs. (7)Lars
(3)Vulgar vs. (R)oats

I thought i'd done this already, no?

deadman vs big baby is a complete style clash, both vividly vague in their approach, these topics suit both of their styles I think. dead man can beat most on their day, but big baby's proven himself to get this far.

I give the slight edge to deadman because I've been crew with him longer. they both the homies lol.

nigma and oxus - again, two dope styles, i'm a big fan of enigmas writing. I think I voted his piece in the hall of fame open mic section? brilliant creative writer. oxus has never got the respect he deserves here, dude has fought his way into this bracket. his rhymes are crisp and storytelling intense, in a toss up i'll edge it to oxus.

vulgar and oats - again, two great battlers, two of the best doing this. vulgar is notorious, I've known of him from rapflava days, but oats from his RB run where he was wrecking heads. again, similar styles, but with their own unique stamps on them. I think in this one i'm leaning towards oats by a hair.

oats
02-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Vulgar ext cool? Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary so idk if I'm gonna be able to write much.

Vulgar
02-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Course, no problem.

oats
02-02-2014, 03:15 AM
you da man. btw I watched zeitgeist last night, thought of you

Vulgar
02-02-2014, 03:31 AM
I thought it was terrible tbh.

oats
02-02-2014, 03:45 AM
me too. but in a fun way.

PancakeBrah
02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
dead man big baby requested an extension in the mag thread. Don't know if you saw it or not.

dead man
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Yea no worries.. I'll be posting up shortly

Certain
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Split Eight and I had our own fake and meaningless quarterfinal match: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=49829

Everyone should vote. Your vote will be repaid.

Vulgar
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Have any of you heard of OMNI magazine?

Certain
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Have any of you heard of OMNI magazine?

Yes, I read a short story originally published in it for a science fiction class I took.

Vulgar
02-02-2014, 11:49 PM
It's back. Now it's called OMNI Reboot.

I've got some interesting news about it pertaining to a verse I wrote on Netcees coming soon...

Certain
02-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Is the news that your verse was published in it?

Vulgar
02-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Soon. I won't say anything yet because nothing's happened yet.

Nigma
02-03-2014, 01:09 AM
oats Vulgar i thought the zeigeist that had to do with money, addendum maybe? was done well

PancakeBrah
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Pent uP Lars oats Nigma oXus big baby

Verses due roughly 9.5 hours from now.

oats
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm gon try

Certain
02-04-2014, 12:12 AM
big baby has not been on in almost 24 hours, oXus in almost 12. Pent uP already has declared he will no-show. oats, please show.

PancakeBrah
02-04-2014, 12:23 AM
oXus informed me he probably won't be able to show.

oats
02-04-2014, 12:23 AM
I got this, y'all

oats
02-04-2014, 01:10 AM
hey I know this might be kinda lame, but is it possible to have a few extra hours? I'll get it done before I go to bed tonight for sure (which won't be late because I work early). Just been a nuts night tonight is all.

Certain
02-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Alert to Pancake and Vulgar.

Vulgar
02-04-2014, 01:18 AM
You can have as long as you need..

Lars
02-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Soon. I won't say anything yet because nothing's happened yet.

i do exactly the same, hate counting chickens before they hatch, life has a way of throwing them all into an omelette. sometimes a burnt one haha!

big baby
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
give me a half an hour porfavor. I have been preoccupied.

oats
02-04-2014, 03:18 AM
dropped. thanks for the extra time

oats
02-04-2014, 03:31 AM
looks like me and Vulgar might be BOTW by virtue of being the only battle lol

edit: nvm

big baby
02-04-2014, 03:33 AM
dropped. thanks for the extra time too. If its even allowed. Night

dead man
02-04-2014, 10:17 AM
prediction: nigma will win the Winter Topical via no-show.

Pent uP
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Feel horrible for no showing but shit happens. Sorry guys. Will vote

Split
02-04-2014, 10:47 AM
:/

Lars
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Feel horrible for no showing but shit happens. Sorry guys. Will vote

We'll meet again at some point. It took us ten years but me and Certain eventually got it in.

We're too good to not tangle at the top again.

Certain
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Every round has had exactly two no-shows. That does not bode well for the title match.

PancakeBrah
02-04-2014, 11:52 AM
One bad round is pretty good for a tournament as a whole. Hopefully the winners this round are focused seeing as how its the semis/champ match next.

Eŋg
02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
yea. sorry nig/everyone else. the picture was cool i was just never motivated, nor free enough, to sit down and bang out a verse. i'm not really built for tourneys or leagues. too much innate rebel complex.

should vote tomorrow. tourney can still be dope -- it has four top heads. make it happen.

Nigma
02-04-2014, 03:05 PM
shit happens. was a dope pic but not very inspiring in terms of conceptual writing

oats
02-04-2014, 05:43 PM
there was just a funk in the air this week it seems. I'd like to say it was Super Bowl related, but Oxus is a red coat so that ruins that theory. idk.

Nigma
02-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Posted my no show verse in the OM if anyone is feeling adventurous

big baby
02-05-2014, 11:14 AM
oats I was really busy this week, and there was snow and stuff. And my brother got married and I was in NY watching broadway plays and doing stuff. I got up around remembering the tourney and didnt want to be another no show @ around 0300 and saw that you requested a few more minutes so I began writing there and then thinking I could fall under your umbrella of time. I showed with the best of my capability in the time allotted without being too leniant on the half hearted request on your behalf. My apologies.

oats
02-05-2014, 12:45 PM
oh no need to apologize - I was just observing that this weekend seemed to be busy for a lot of us, myself included. I'll vote and leave feed tonight, btw.

oats
02-06-2014, 02:20 AM
soooo, this tourney hit a wall real fast

Certain
02-06-2014, 02:54 AM
I'm requesting a voting extension. No wall, oats!

Lars
02-06-2014, 02:54 AM
I voted

oats
02-06-2014, 03:08 AM
I mean, there has to be a voting extension lol. idk where everybody went so suddenly.

PancakeBrah
02-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah there will be a voting extension. Each battle will get a sufficient number of votes before being closed. I'm voting tonight or tomorrow.

dead man
02-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I mean, there has to be a voting extension lol. idk where everybody went so suddenly.
well shit man. half the matches this week were no-shows, and big baby didn't even have time to write a real verse (according to him).

so there was a total of one legitimate battle this week.

not a big deal, just a bit disappointing for any spectators i'd imagine. especially after a few weeks of really great competition.

Certain
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah there will be a voting extension. Each battle will get a sufficient number of votes before being closed. I'm voting tonight or tomorrow.

I can vote Friday morning or afternoon.

oats
02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
well shit man. half the matches this week were no-shows, and big baby didn't even have time to write a real verse (according to him).

so there was a total of one legitimate battle this week.

not a big deal, just a bit disappointing for any spectators i'd imagine. especially after a few weeks of really great competition.

I understand. I'm not complaining, this tends to be the usual trajectory of tournaments. Plus taking writing extensions (as I did) usually kills steam as well. Just trying to bring back the vibrant discussion and hang out that this place was for the last few rounds!

PancakeBrah
02-06-2014, 01:06 PM
I figured the discussion thread wouldn't be as lively due to most everyone being knocked out of the tourney but I thought the showing/voting would still be strong. Disheartening

oats
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM
TOPICAL DISS

dead man? you’re dead, man. you’ll be the last to win
I think we can all agree you put the ass in assonance
no handshakes you damn fakes, save your daps I don’t care
watch pancake get pancaked - flattery will get you nowhere
you faggots get buttfucked till your anus reaches where your larynx is
not trying to be vulgar…cuz then I could barely write a coherent narrative
big baby’s a bit shady, posting less lolz than Darth Yoda ever did
only thing less impressive than your baby dick is your use of literary references
Lars killing his brain with beer, this alcoholic is truly the worst kid
thats why nobody has to think at all to understand your verses
I got a stigma against nigma, I’d rather be drowning this dude
put so much fluid in your lungs, your rhyme schemes are bound to improve
Certain’s an urchin, only thing to shut this hipster up is a cock in his mouth
music tastes like your content - so obscure that no one knows WTF you’re talking about
dead man Pancake Vulgar big baby Lars Nigma Certain

Certain
02-06-2014, 02:38 PM
My favorite singers are Bruce Springsteen and Prince.

PancakeBrah
02-06-2014, 02:53 PM
#bars

oats
02-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Certain I don't care about your rebuttals unless they are in topical diss form.

oats
02-06-2014, 08:24 PM
So much for my attempt to bring people back in here. I tried, guys. Lord knows I tried.

Nigma
02-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Lol props oats goooood shiznit. I can have votes up in the near future!!! Busy week for this guy

Vulgar
02-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I'll vote on the other battle tomorrow.

Eŋg
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
ether oats

Lars
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
lmao i am a terrible lightweight drunk atm

haven't touched anything hard for almost two months

just poor strength lager

oats
02-07-2014, 01:14 PM
just to be clear, I didn't mean those things I said in that verse. I love you guys xoxoxox

Witty
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
I hate all of you.

Split
02-07-2014, 07:14 PM
good nite sweet netcees

oats
02-08-2014, 02:04 PM
good match Vulgar. truth be told, even though I barely started writing by the time you dropped, I knew you had me - just a way better concept than anything I thought of. guess I'll have to wait till the rubber match!

Nigma
02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Whens the next round start? Pancake

oats
02-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Also Pancake lmk if you want/need help with the mag. I'd like to see this tourney to finish strong

timeless
02-09-2014, 02:07 AM
gonna vote extensively next round

siked to get aowl season underway though get them sign ups open thatll bring back a little activity around here

Nigma
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Looking for a pulse? Let me know if you see one

oats
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM
soooo, this tourney hit a wall real fast

PancakeBrah
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Matches/next round will be going up tonight.

All apologies. I was looking for more votes but it seems the matches have been decided and we'll move on. I've been preoccupied by this foreign 'real life' shit lately and I dislike it immensely.
oats if you want to help with the mag that'd be more than appreciated.

Vulgar
02-09-2014, 08:03 PM
good match Vulgar. truth be told, even though I barely started writing by the time you dropped, I knew you had me - just a way better concept than anything I thought of. guess I'll have to wait till the rubber match!

I'm confident we'll battle at least twice more down the road. Good match.