PDA

View Full Version : NBL MAG

Allen Knight
02-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Welcome to the new nbl u dumb assholes ran by me, shit is gonna be different.
Im making this league popping again sharp will still help also. Shoutout to him. I will be enforcing rules also an idgaf if ppl cry about shit. This week we have some good sign in's Murda sho, allen knight, nick james, plot...many more. Let's get right into shit u bitch ass muthafuckas.

BATTLE REVIEWS

Champ Match: Karaoke vs CtrlF4
This was a great battle for one that almost didn’t happen. Ctrl’s verse had a lot of played concepts, but his Crabtree and phone plan lines were hilarious. Karaoke was dope, his new rule and German light lines were the standout hits. Votes were pretty unanimous, giving Karaoke every vote. He’ll be defending his title against nik-A this week.

Contender Match: ill nik-A vs Jimmy
Cool battle. Jimmy’s been doing pretty well but I thought this was one of his better verses yet, he just didn’t have all of his concepts connected as well as they could’ve, like the back and hairline ones. Nik, on the other hand, definitely phoned it in but still had a solid verse. The Brandon Lee line was clever and there were no real misses, which gave him a strong edge and was able to take the vote convincingly.

Sharp Nine vs Tic Tac
This was my first battle in awhile, while Tic’s been one of the more prolific guys in the league. I thought the Natty Ice line was clever and hit pretty hard while the rest of his verse wasn’t too hard hitting. My drop’s standouts seemed to be the Pikmin and Slapstic lines. Tic’s issue is flipping concepts in ways that seem more original, if he can do that he’ll be sure to make moves in the NBL soon.

Sn00p vs Destroyer
This battle was mad close. Both guys came with a few solid lines, Destro’s skinny limbs and barking up the wrong tree lines were solid, and Sn00p’s sharp shooter and tag lines were equally dope. The deciding factor ended up being whoever had the better misses, and voters were split on it. Ultimately, Des took it by two votes and advances to a contender match.

Flossaurus vs Tyler
Alright battle. Flossaurus came with decent rhyming but most of the name flips have been done against tyler. With some better concepts he could probably do a lot more damage in his verses, since his drop read pretty cleanly. Tyler had some cool ideas, the tax return and gold digger lines hit pretty hard. Tyler had a pretty solid return and moves up to 1-0, while Flossauras drops to 0-1. Both dudes should stick around, Tyler’s already in the top tier, and if Floss upped his concepts he could do some damage.

JontheDon vs God of War
Glad this battle went down, props to Jon for showing even though he was pretty rushed. His property value line was solid, but the rest of the verse was kinda lackluster or full of near-hits that didn‘t quite connect. GoW came alright, the tennis shoes line was slick and he had no real misses. The voters felt GoW took it pretty easily.

ILL nik-A INTERVIEW by sharp

Alright, Sharp here with this week's contender, ill nik-A. What's up man?

Whattup Sharp... Good job on the league as I've stated thanks for sticking with it and being consistent

This week you're up against defending champ Karaoke who's sitting at a perfect record. What are your thoughts on this matchup?
Well I'm 7-0 vs him so tbh I don't see my perfect record coming to an pow do you think the league is doing? Is there anything you'd do differently?[/B]

It's great... If I needed to change something and I'm just nitpicking for the sake of the question... It'd be the due date to maybe a Thursday or Monday but regardless it's fine

What are your thoughts on the current state of NCs? Is there anything you'd like to see change?
NC seems to be a topical site now... A lot of talented writers in that department... Including dick faces I dislike... Whattup Dull? Still they bring variety and somewhat intelligent writing... I'd like to see more battles though like the old days

Who are your top active heads in text? Is there anyone you'd like to see getting active again?

Top heads haven't changed... Same ole gang... Glad to see Hush back, he's dope and his participation could peak interest for some of the top tiers not in it

Are there any up and comers you've liked reading or anyone you'd like to battle during this season?

None... Sorry but the new cats come played and vote cluelessly and sometimes becomes a turn off... But as a vet I'll take responsibility and need to lay down the laws of what's good or bad... Only way I see these cats improving

Thanks for doing this interview! I'll give you the last word for any shoutouts/callouts/whatever you want.[/QUOTE]

Shout out to u for doing a great job and all my peeps out there, bags, hush, innovator, Strikt,GOW and namix for keeping the movement

Pz
The real Goat[[/quote]

Allen Knight
02-07-2014, 12:32 AM
BATTLE REVIEWS

Championship Match: Karaoke Vs ill nik-A,

This will be a dope battle, both are good writers. I feel like kar is on a nice streak
And dropping some nice shit. Nik is definitely one the best and been dope
For a while. This will be a close on this is kars first real test as champ against Nika
Ima say 50/50 Can go either way, really close.

Contenders Match:Karaoke Destroyer Vs Lotto Smirk,

Another solid battle. Both can drop good. Lotto still new an working on his style
he drops some nice bars here an there he needs to work on consistency. Des
Old man river is good he has some dope bars here an there, I seen him winning
This being more consistent. Still be a cool read. 70/30 des

Tic Tac Vs Jimmy,

Solid battle, both on the same level of skill tbh. Jimmy could drop some
nice bars an tac can to, I think jim is more polished tho but he can't sleep
On tac he can win this if he trys, very close ima say jim 55/45

God Of War Vs Tyler,

Dope battle here def one im looking foward to can be BOTW. Gow is nice w/
The bars an he dropped cool last week an is a threat to champ..Tyler disengage
is good.too he's a former nbl champ he still a little rusty but he was pretty
Solid last week this is gonna be close. Ima say gow 60/40 only based on Tyler just
Coming back.

Defiant Vs Texcellence,

Another close battle, text still Tryna get his wording polished an def is rusty
he just came back from being mia for a while but this will be close.
I got def 60/40 here.

Fig Vs Tettris,

Never seen fig battle tbh an tettris ia dope an doesn't seem rusty at all
I got tettris taking this but fig can make it dope.battle but idk never seen a
Verse from him. Tett 70/30

Flossauraus Vs jonthedon,

This will be close floss isn't bad but he needs to be more diverse in his verse
Nameplays are cool but don't drop a whole verse full of only them switch it up
Don is decent he has some bars but can be inconsistent , hard to pick here
But I got jon winning 55/45

Sharp vs Scrypt,

Sharp is good an has elevated alot on nc 2.0, Scrypt I never see anything from
So idk if he's good or not. He cm surprise but idk I got sharp winning 80/20

Hush Vs Malachi,

Well this could be a good one mal got better since he won the newbie torney
But hush is a beast an hall of fall, this will be a test for young mal but I don't see
Him beating hush cuz he's still wavy as fcuk, I got dirty faggot mexy w/ the dub
70/30

Alphabet Vs Sho,

Sho has been away for a while so idk how rusty he is but he was dope before
He dipped, alpha has some bars he can be inconsistent but when he's not he's
Good, this could be a close one. I got alpha cuz shos rusty 60/40

Plot Vs 151,

This could be close, nick james I haven't seen him drop anything in a while
I can tell he'll be rusty. Plot is decent he has solid verses I got him winning
Due to nick not being active 60/40 plot.

POWER RANKS

1: Karaoke

2:ill nik-A

3:Destroyer

4:God of war

5:Tyler

Honorable mention to tettris, hush, allen knight

OUTRO
This point on this league is gonna be poppin we.just need the old school dope
Heads come back an new school to step up there game. Recruit ppl yah lazy bitches.
Pz shouts to sharp nine for helping with the mag.

Hush
02-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Salute

Clash
02-07-2014, 02:46 AM
I shall try my best, my niggas.

Destroyer
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
u know the league is in distress when I'm ranked 3
good shit, allen

tyler
02-07-2014, 10:56 AM