PDA

View Full Version : AOBL Magazine: Week 6

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 10:36 PM
'Sup AOB. Welcome to the 6th edition of the AOBL Magazine. This week I let Sn00p take a vacation for this task so he could focus on putting my people in ovens. Major props to Dominate for doing about half the work, and shouts to Strikta for hooking up a nice interview. We're now close to the middle of the season and this week the first Champ Match will be taking place between your fearless leaders, Sn00p and Knucklehead. Sn00p just champed the Back2Basics tourney where he went head to head with Allen Knight, as well as being crowned in the Line 4 Line Cypher tourney. The winner of those two were supposed to battle this week for a contender spot, while I would have most likely thrown e-fist with Dominate. But in champing both, we will see the first king of the AOBL sooner than planned. I myself got to this stage by beating Hollywood last week in a close and dope match-up. From now on each week will have an unofficial contenders match to decide who is next in line for a shot at the title, so bring your A game if you plan on grabbing some flair for your postbit.

Now lets begin...

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Track of the Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgXpS7KGBYI

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Reviews
by Dominate

Hollywood vs. Knucklehead {Knucklehead wins}
This was a dope match-up between two of the league’s best. Holly has been dominating this league and most had expected him to take it fairly comfortably, but both brought a number of quotables and it was close as hell. Most voters made their decision on either Holly’s superior consistency or Knuck having the lotb and better wording. In the end Knuck scrapped through with a 7-5 victory and advances to a title shot this week. Knuck’s performance here probably elevates his status in most people’s eyes. It was disappointing to see Hollywood sign out of the league this week and we hope it’s not because of this loss.

LOTB: (Knucklehead)
No idea why ppl think you're Lyrs or 'Mander.. they'd put u in a sleeper bro
If NCGs think you're Sal via your verses, they must've been on that shit when readin' those

Ox vs. Lotto Smirk {Ox wins}
Another close as hell battle and it was interesting to see how much variance there was in this battle with what the voters liked and made their decisions on, so difficult to summarise. Would be interesting to see a rematch in a month or so. Lotto was an unknown factor before so it was good to see he has some potential. We hope this league will help him cultivate it. In the end though Ox’s experience got him over the line and he won 8-6.

L(s)OTB:

(Lotto Smirk)
Ox skips then gym on purpose, Personal trainer or his mates, hes known for shifting dates
So if your 'strong as an ox' It just means your a weak faggot who's scared of lifting weights

(Ox)
Ur wifey ain't a dime piece, so loose the Bitch is Hollow.
remove that smirk as i Flip the Throttle to Powerball & hit the lotto.

Sharp Nine vs. RPK
Cool little battle here. Sharp got it 6-0 but it wasn’t a complete landslide. Most people felt RPK had good concepts but lacked on the execution. This seems to be a recurring problem for him judging by last week’s comments. Perhaps it’s down to rushing on the verse. We hope to see him give his concepts a delivery that complements them better next time. I personally felt he had the line of the battle, but overall Sharp was more consistent and had better wording. Sharp seems to be improving every week and is starting to get all the elements of a good verse together. We haven’t seen a haymaker from him yet but if he keeps at it I think he will get good soon.

LOTB: (RPK)
ur girl thinks ur a tool,she knows that ur soft and mild
I don't have to spend money on that hoe...I make Sharpei and still fuck her doggystyle

Witty vs. Mac {Witty wins}
All voters felt this was a one-sided battle, with Witty producing a pretty solid verse against a verse from Mac that just didn’t have much going for it. Not to say Mac might not be good in the future, - he didn’t drop anything particularly wack – he just didn’t have anything that stood out this time. Witty on the other hand showcased good wording, multies, and better/cleverer/more creative concepts. We haven’t seen a haymaker from him yet, but he is definitely on the way up and will be a guy to watch out for in the future.

LOTB: (Witty)
A battling Mac like Ill, and he's Latin American like you...this coincidence is scary
U shud battle with Thesaurus too...along with spell check, and an English Dictionary

Dystopian vs. Rayge
Not a total blow-out – Dystopian got a couple of votes – but most people felt Rayge got this reasonably convincingly. Both showed they have the potential to become good and if they stay active in this league that will help them get there. Both need to watch out for played concepts and Dysto needs to tune up his wording a bit, but both were good with creativity which is prolly the hardest thing to fix if you don’t have it to start with. We look forward to their future verses.

LOTB: (Rayge)
da awards, da medals & plaques aint urs. So stop fronting with da keys
we'll never see a Dystrophy... i just hope he dies from dat muscular disease[/QUOTE]

Flo Real vs. Vinzr
Vinzr was up 4-0 with all voters feeling he got it pretty easily when Flo forfeited. Flo also posted some grumblings in the thread about voters not getting his lines. That’s a real no-no. There’s nothing to be gained by doing that, it just makes one look like a crybaby. He mentioned he was signing out to reconsider his delivery and I do hope that is the attitude he is taking, rather than just sulking. The onus is on the battler to make lines where the concept is clear straight away and the punch is appealing to a wide range of voters, it’s not on the voters to try to solve word puzzles. Vinzr showed remarkable improvement here... tbh the last time I peeped him I thought he was pretty fucking wack, this time he was not bad at all. Still got a ways to go, but if he continues elevating at that rate he’ll be good in no time. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

LOTB: (Vinzr)
I’d like to go off something to use on you but you have no past feats
Closest ur lines ever got to bein sharp was havin his name all over ur verse last week

The Rest
Unfortunately we had a lot of no-show battles this week. Not more no-shows than average, but we had only one double no-show, which means a lot of people who were ready and willing didn’t get to play this round. Perhaps after rankings are considered we should try to match people who have a track record of no-showing against each other in the future so that we have more double no-shows and more battles that go down, rather than more battles where one person no-shows.

In particular, Boredom, Meth, PowPowBang, Skunk and Trouble, you guys have no-showed twice already.

http://images.free-extras.com/photo/d/disappointed_turtle-155.jpg

Don’t let it happen again fellas!

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Track of the Week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE9vgWCZiD8

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Week 6 Rankings
by Dominate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Im_Pissed/Wk6.jpg

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Battle of the Week

Knucklehead vs. Hollywood

Knucklehead
The ppls faith in this undefeated faggot ends here. u bout ta get clowned
After this, we won't need a time machine & NAQs phone book to see 'WoodStock go down
No idea why ppl think you're Lyrs or 'Mander.. they'd put u in a sleeper bro
If NCGs think you're Sal via your verses, they must've been on that shit when readin' those
But u continue to try & fit in to the legend crowd.. stop sniffin' scat hoe
I swear if Hallux one more asshole, I'm gonna shove his own foot up his starting w/ that toe
Seriously, FUCK ur hype. I hate this salvation army closeout sale Charbroiled slime
Online you pretend to be a Veteran.. Offline u do the same with a dirty hat & cardboard sign
U ain't meant to spar w/ vets.. ill-nika left ya lifeless, you buffon
That Oldman just sent you Up to heaven without help from a talking dog & 1,000 balloons
U ain't Champed shit in txt - Knuck always in 1st place celebratin' w/ sluts in brothles
Only time u'll ever taste Gold.. is if I give u the privilege of kissin' my ring after this debacle
I left a dent in this artform, the new era looks to my legacy for lessons
If we look at Hallmarks.. it's leaving txt in a state of needing their get-well-soon collection

Hollywood
I go toe to toe w/ the dopest kids & open lids.. I hope it's sinkin in
just Sonic, and Knuckle's game only compares when he goes through rings to win
I'm blacker than licorice, but wow.. don't be spittin down to me
forget about my skin, Head... you get off watching Derek Vinyard's shower scene
high or not, your trolling won't hide a fraud.. plus you lie a lot, sport
how you gonna talk about warthogs & Dia when your dream is to die in Hogwarts
on any given day you're worse than ANY of the names I took out
if Bleak was a sitting duck, you're the whole menu at a cajun cookout
feared dawg? dear god.. go join some other queers on lame sites
our league would be better off w/ Headband than Paul Pierce on game night
if I expect a bloodbath, I'll be taking a coat hanger to your mug
if you expect a bloodbath, you'll be taking gang bangers to your tub
& if we're measuring the facts, you won't be weathering my rap..
so come on Yankee, Doodle your verse down... you're just another feather in my cap

Verse of the Week

Witty (vs. Mac)

Mac's verse is utter dogshit and I hate it.

^ I know this shit damaged his pride, he panicked, got frantic and cried..saddened inside
Now THESE voters will pan him like cake, when I leave him battered, flattened, and fried.
Got straight killed and didn't say shit, a dude push me I'm a lion, a bully, I'm mauling him
But I know Mac might revive, cuz this cat got nine lives, n he's a pussy in all of 'em
Two Macs on this site, I find it hard to tell the difference, got a problem kid? sue me
Because one of 'ems a straight up hoe, bitch ass lil girl, n the other has big boobies
Shit's true, b...I know you're mad and insane, ur bad temper has u stabbing the page
Ur anger problems ain't no secret bro, we all saw you lose your battle with Rayge
A battling Mac like Ill, and he's Latin American like you...this coincidence is scary
U shud battle with Thesaurus too...along with spell check, and an English Dictionary

No Show Shine

Defcon_5 (vs. PowPowBang)

ur not making noise..i'll have a title run or two here
notice the only difference between champ and chump is U queer
beatin me's a feat that not too many could ever do
u can Jet for that goal..n fuck around n get Lebron's worse than Terry dude
ur life must be hard..i bet it's not a positive journey
cause ur lines r basic as fuck..n u still couldn't get a spot in that tourney
ya bitch is choosy bruh..u have no insurance when she plays favorites
ya'll relationship is mayhem but i'll her in good hands like a AllState agent
let me suggest a new barber..i peeped every part of ur fade n..
..ur line up got more parts missing than the Yankees starting rotation

Everyone else just did the 1-10 bullshit.. :\

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Predictions
by Knuck & Dominate

Sn00p vs. Knucklehead

A definite contender for battle of the week. Knuck is coming off an impressive win over Hollywood last week and Sn00p just cleaned up both the B2B finals and the L4L cypher. Just going off their latest performances I'd say Knuck would take it, but looking over a slightly longer period of time I'd say Sn00p has put up dope bars more consistently. So who knows? Anything could happen here. Looking forward to a great battle either way. Do the league and the championship proud fellas.

Sn00p/Knuck: 50/50

Dominate vs. Sharp Nine

This will be a cool one. If Sharp comes with it it could be battle of the week. Dominate is just a force of txt nature though, one of the best to do it for awhile now. Sharp is coming along well and could MAYBE pull an upset, but I don't see it happening with Doms experience, wording, and brutal wordplay.

Dominate: 80/20

Witty vs. Strikta

Another dope one. I don't recall seeing Witty around on NC but he's an admin on RIA so he's most likely and RB head. I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen though, consistent hits.. but nothing jaw dropping. Strikta is a vet and comes with some dope bars. I haven't peeped his battles here yet, but if he's still on point like he was he is a problem for anyone in the league to face. Assuming he is since I hear he had a nice battle with Sn00p in B2B, he will take this more likely than not. It could and hopefully will be a close one though.

Strikta: 75/25

Rayge vs. Pimp Daddy Payne

Could be good or just decent. Bleak is a solid boarder, but his battle skills aren't the most fantastic. He comes with lulz though so that could help him a lot if he has sharp wording and nice punches to accompany his strong points. Rayge is pretty decent, one of the more enjoyable to read mid to low tier txtcees. He can put together a nice bar that hits pretty well but his wording is sometimes awful. If he gets that down and only throws good hits and doesn't have to many misses he could make this a good one, but my moneys on bleak dropping some bars with humor that'll edge it for him

Pimp Daddy Payne: 70/30

Hollywood vs. Defiant

Wow some really good match-ups. I don't care for either of these dudes as boarders, beefed with Diso for quite some time and Hollywood is showing his lameness with that disclaimer on his verse against me last week while still not revealing his alias. BUT, both still come nice. Defiant has a simpler style, with straight jabs and not to much fancy shit. It works in some bars and flops in others, but when he comes consistent it's usually more enjoyable than a bunch of wordplays and nameplays. Those two things Holly can do quite well, and has nice wording. Based on Defiants consistency and simpler style, I think Holly will win a good one with some zingers that hit harder than Disos.

Hollywood: 65/35

Dystopian vs. RPK

Okay. Dystopian aka Plot I'm highly assuming by now has been around for awhile. His style is very oldschool and he more often than not drops way to bland. Sometimes his wording is off a bit as well. RPK is good, an obvious alias or a head from somewhere else I've never been. He can bring nice bars when he drops something solid, he can have some bad misses as well though. Usually the misses aren't really bad and just eh. I don't really see Dystopian winning this because of his style, and RPK has been pretty good in the league.

RPK: 80/20

Ox vs. Cashius

So Ox won last week in a battle I thought he lost, I guess his style hits more for some than me. He isn't bad though, and if he comes correct can make this close. I don't know Cashius but GOW put him in his power ranks right away last week which I thought was odd. I trust Ronalds judgement though, so dude is probably pretty nice. With that, and Ox being mediocre last week, I'd take Cashius. But anything could happen. Ron might have been really high when doing those ranks for all I know.

Cashius: 55/45

-_- vs. Def_fuckin_5

I think this guys name is Robert, so we'll go with that. He came over when Corey came over from PR, so I'm going to assume he is Robert Dope. In that case, two veterans. Def was around NC on and off and did a decent job usually. He doesn't always WOW people but when he does it's some pretty nice shit. If Robert is from PR, he probably hasn't battled in a long time, and nor has Def.. but Def has battled more recently I'd imagine, so in Old guy vs old guy I'd take Def, though it could go the other way easily.

Def_fuckin_5: 60/40

Split vs. God Of War

Ronald is pretty low in the ranks due to noshowing, and I hope he doesn't again 'cus it's lame as hell. If he does show I don't see Split winning. Split is not a horrible txtcee, so he could make it a cool bout, but GOW is another level compared to him even at his best..

God of War: 80/20

Twenty One vs. namix

21 is a kind of gay name, either an alias or new guy. namix is old school and I haven't seen him battle since like 05 haha, but I'll assume he brings some fire.

namix: 70/30

Hush vs. Usury

Idk who Usury is, but unless he's a dope alias, he will get smashed. If he IS, he could win this, but even most vets don't get things to go their way when battling Hush. I was gone for awhile so maybe Victor has some serious rust, but I doubt it and he'll bring some clever and humorous bars.

Hush: 90/10

Mac vs. Lotto Smirk vs. Jimbo

This will most likely be Mac vs. Lotto. Jimbo is a weird name, could be yet another alias but we'll assume he no shows or drops eh. Mac isn't very good tbh, still needs to work on a lot of stuff, but he seems to have what it takes to elevate. If he does some research and tries his darndest, he could win. I'm gonna go with Lotto though. He impressed me vs. Ox and I think can drop a solid verse if he puts in a bit of effort. Who knows though.

Lotto Smirk: 50/30/20

~RustyGunZ~
03-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Mixtape of the Week

http://edge-img.datpiff.com/m2f09202/Lil_B_The_BasedGod_Pyt_pretty_Young_Thug_Mi-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-BasedGod-PYT-Pretty-Young-Thug-Mixtape.469638.html

SWAG

~RustyGunZ~
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Tip of the Hat & Wag of the Finger

Tip of the Hat @ boarding being at a much higher level lately

Wag of the Finger @ Big Game being born

Tip of the Hat @ Bags trolling mission to LyricalAssaults

Wag of the Finger @ VERITAS being an active member there for years

Tip of the Hat @ more heads finding us after discovering the wreckage of NC

Wag of the Finger @ Sassy Pants sassy verses (get it!!!)

Tip of the Hat @ Defiant getting that Pic Tourney going

Wag of the Finger @ all the ITT I TELL U WHAT I THINK ABOUT YOU thread

Tip of the Hat @ a 1-2 punch league starting, and props to @RPK (http://artofbattling.com/member.php?u=125) for getting things moving and modding it

Wag of the Finger @ those stupid pro-gay marriage profile pictures. those things never make any sense and aren't helping any cause. Unless your cause is making everyones profile look the same and making the newsfeed confusing.

Tip of the Hat @ Deliciousgirl making her very own txt forum!

Wag of the Finger @ her not inviting us...

Tip of the Hat @ me giving Sn00p a break from making this site run by himself, and props to everyone pitching in to help mod and do these mags

Wag of the Finger @ us still having too many noshows, shit needs to cease.

and big Wag of the Finger @ us having to stay open for votes a whole extra day for lack of votes

and in closing, later y'all. If I missed something let me know I'll add it.

For all of the no shows, you get no typical WSHH sexy video, instead this is all the WSHH seductive dancing you get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2SZGaQWNcE

~RustyGunZ~
03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Dominate Sn00p Lotto Smirk Dystopian Pimp Daddy Payne Allen Knight Hush Rayge Mac Witty Split God Of War Hollywood Defiant Usury Ox Cashius Def_fuckin_5 -_- Jimbo namix Twenty One RPK Strikta Sharp Nine

Dominate
03-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Good shit Knuck

Meth
03-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Good mag knuck

Witty
03-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Dope shit, awesome mag...props dude.

Flow
03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Lol I aint sulking an if -_- didnt piss me off I wouldnt of said shit..

But fuck it now I am going to grumble! How are these not obvious??? Seriously!

I aint Diasik but ill leave you speechless whether you post or not
You aint the king of shit but after im finished youll be postin dots
(Im leaving him speechless - he will be posting "..." which is what diasik did to everyones posts while at the same time im working it in with king of the dot... This should of been easy enough, even if it was a miss... no one mentioned it once!

He brought punchlines for dummies to help him get his votes..
But couldnt cough one up even if I force fed him the book and all his notes
The most simple concept and its the only one people mentioned...

You remind me of abortion and you breathing is an abortion Advertisement
Clear punch here - Again if you didnt like it fine but no one even mentions it

You lack the bite, your down an out in this league, scamperin on the ground
After this punch knocks veneerz out he'll be bloody, seethin, reachin for my crown
Veeneerz - crowns? Such obvious word play here....an personally the one worth mentioning from the battle - again not one mention in any feedback.

I wasnt complaining I lost because I aint like that - I never done it before when I have had a hell a lot more right to do so - But the feedback would indicate the voters didnt pay any attention if the only thing they mention is the most simple concept in there...

I knew I didnt bring it that week which is why i said i would go work on delivery but fo real - if no one is mentioning them i am going to assume it was lost on niggas and this shit wasnt exactly the matrix, its pretty clear....

Sometimes I get the impression people look at the first vote and just mimic there opinons to save themselves actually doing the work

Anyways nice mag - rant over

Sn00p
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Word, good looks on helping out, Knucklehead. Dope mag.

Dominate
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Flo you are just making yourself look worse. Don't get mad. Get better.

Def_fuckin_5
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
good read here :)

Flow
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Dominate I wasn't exactly trying to make me self look better - I couldn't really give a fuck just saying it speaks volumes when your delivering decent feedback an all your getting back is the same post mimicked.

Orc
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I DROPPED A 14 LINE VERSE Knucklehead

Split
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna make GOW wish hed never been born

God Of War
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm gonna make GOW wish hed never been born

IMA EAT UR SOULD

rofl

split get eng back here

and dope mag fellas

God Of War
03-28-2013, 02:45 PM
thought u done an interview

~RustyGunZ~
03-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Jesus Christ I knew I forgot something jdjwhskdjdhjwjsbd

God Of War
03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
lmap yeah u said and to strik for a nice itnerview n im like wait wheed that happen

Split
03-28-2013, 03:59 PM
IMA EAT UR SOULD

rofl

split get eng back here

and dope mag fellas

im trying

Allen Knight
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
dope mag

Lotto Smirk
03-29-2013, 08:54 AM