PDA

View Full Version : Metts, GoW, Genocide?

namix
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Offering my services fellas, happy to be an Admin or start as a Mod if you prefer. I have been around a long time, and am sick of sites falling down - probably the biggest thing to impact the prosperity of this thing we do called text.

Accolades:
- old school text head, and lame or not, i'm 'well networked'
- once we get this rolling, i could help finance improvements
- i'm an expert in SEO (which can be a huge differentiator, most text boards have minimal relevant/keyword rich content for being indexed in engines - it's a real low bar to clear).
- experienced in site taxonomy
- intermediate with network security (mod wouldn't help there, not sure if admin will, but at least can highlight high-risk items for ya'll to address until i earn your trust).

Not trying to over-sell this, because I have a lot of side-ventures I'm working on these days --- buuut, I am confident I'd be a good resource for your team.

Let me know your thoughts fellas.

peace.

Strikta
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
This is a no brainer imo.

Geno
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
I vote yayo

True decision makers would be j.metts and gow, or so it would seem. See what they say.sounds like an obvious winning bet to me though. 1

namix
01-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks Strikta :D

PS guys - not sure if it's common knowledge at this point, but I know how to make new threads at Netcees -- so we could make a relevant subject line and reference this site as an alternative.

Also, while it would be hella busy work, one of the key value-adds Lama brought to netcees was the archives, that shit got referenced all the time. Someone should start saving that work, at least starting with the main vets, and migrating it over... Just an idea.

namix
01-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks geno :cool:

Joe Metts
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Sup namix. I'll pm you here soon.

namix
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Sup namix. I'll pm you here soon.

sounds good pawtna

Orc
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks Strikta :D

PS guys - not sure if it's common knowledge at this point, but I know how to make new threads at Netcees -- so we could make a relevant subject line and reference this site as an alternative.

Also, while it would be hella busy work, one of the key value-adds Lama brought to netcees was the archives, that shit got referenced all the time. Someone should start saving that work, at least starting with the main vets, and migrating it over... Just an idea.

Very good idea

Swerve
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I vote Nay, Namix a bitchhhh

Geno
01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Werd @ archives. Problem with that is.. I think only a netcees moderator can transfer that material. I tried to get into one of my old forums and copy paste the forum address and it would bring me straight back to netcees archive. Lama was smart about not letting people use it to find new places to post.

Basically an admin or a mod at netcees would have to go into the archives and bring it here, that's prolly the only way it would work. I think anyway.. but ya, that's an idea that would benefeit aob for sure.

namix
01-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I vote Nay, Namix a bitchhhh

I only know you from the thread i said I didn't know you in.

and all i know that you know about me is that you liked my writing in the past but don't like my point of view on why threesomes with a girlfriend you hope to keep are a bad idea.

alas, since I am past my angry days, i do not threaten kids with netbus hacks or dos attacks. so the new me, which you call bitch, is actually much more stable emotionally and qualified technically lol.

you sure you don't want to just be friends?

namix
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Werd @ archives. Problem with that is.. I think only a netcees moderator can transfer that material. I tried to get into one of my old forums and copy paste the forum address and it would bring me straight back to netcees archive. Lama was smart about not letting people use it to find new places to post.

Basically an admin or a mod at netcees would have to go into the archives and bring it here, that's prolly the only way it would work. I think anyway.. but ya, that's an idea that would benefeit aob for sure.

Word? I'm actually not familiar with the technique you're talking about. Since it's across domains, I figured we'd have to take the good 'ol fashion search/copy/paste approach lol.

Joe Metts
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
You don't remember patrick nam? Pw?

namix
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
You don't remember patrick nam? Pw?

oh shit, playedwords?

man, SuperCrew alumn coming at me? not to mention our ohioan ties?!

for real though - wassup played. i had no idea that was you lol.

i'm glad we had this talk - and hey, even if you don't start acting cool to me, at least an eventual "pink slip" match will be MUCH MUCH more personal now haha.

Swerve
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
oh shit, playedwords?

man, SuperCrew alumn coming at me? not to mention our ohioan ties?!

for real though - wassup played. i had no idea that was you lol.

i'm glad we had this talk - and hey, even if you don't start acting cool to me, at least an eventual "pink slip" match will be MUCH MUCH more personal now haha.

Lmao, why do you think I was coming at you like that? Of course we know each other and I was just messing around. I was just waiting for you to put 2 and 2 together.

namix
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Lmao, why do you think I was coming at you like that? Of course we know each other and I was just messing around. I was just waiting for you to put 2 and 2 together.

lol, man i used to flip back in the day... i remember i literally made allah formally make a post apologizing to me on bboys so i wouldn't fry his hard drive... i was just a fucking ass man, so by comparison, yea i am a bitch lol.

glad you're still around and writing bro --- you still in the madison area?

Hush
01-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Admin this guy asap.

SiK
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Diggin that shirt Hush

Swerve
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
lol, man i used to flip back in the day... i remember i literally made allah formally make a post apologizing to me on bboys so i wouldn't fry his hard drive... i was just a fucking ass man, so by comparison, yea i am a bitch lol.

glad you're still around and writing bro --- you still in the madison area?

Nah, I moved...far far away. Too many negative influences and my life literally was going nowhere. I tried the whole published poet route and that took me nowhere too so I needed a fresh start.

namix
01-20-2013, 06:01 PM
thanks Hush!

Patrick - no doubt man, i hear you. I liked your poet side back in the day, unique concepts strong wording and good flow. I'm going back nearly a decade though - but you still writing topicals at all, or just battling?

Swerve
01-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I still write topicals or poems when I'm inspired, but I really stopped just because of time restrictions and where I was at with my life...as you remember, I was a bit fucked up at times back in the day. I wasn't planning on coming back and joined up at netcees as a gag to try and battle, didn't even really want to tell anyone who I was and figured most people wouldn't even remember. I was rusty as hell...still feel like I'm garbage compared to where I used to be.

Before I was writing to perfect my craft and even possibly further my career...now I just write for fun and am building on my bachelors degree in science.