PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 Punch Season 1 Preseason Mag

RPK
03-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Introduction

Welcome to the first season of Art of Battling's 1-2 Punch League. My name is RPK and I will be the sole mod of this league, although I may need help on mags. With that being said, just by glancing at the roster, this league is going to be dope! There appears to be a multitude of vets ending their hiatuses in this league, which will be evxciting to see. There will be some incredible match-ups in this league which will be impressive, to say the least.
With all this, however, comes rules, which I will do my best to enforce. No-showing will result in you being signed out from the league, with three no-shows resulting in your removal. Failure to post links will make you ineligible for champ matches. Battles will be posted Monday, punches are due Wednesday, and votes are due by Saturday. I will post the finished mag on Sunday. There will be no extensions granted, but there will be a six hour grace period for all events, as I cannot stay up until 3:00 am to close battles.
With that being said, lets make this season incredible and have lots of fun!!

RPK
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Let's meet our competitors

Witty
Witty seems like a pretty decent battler. He's active in all of AoB's leagues, so he is good all round writer. He's been around for a while on multiple sites. He also seems like quite the character in the discussion forums. If he can drop dope every week, we should see him in the playoffs.

Allen Knight
Allen is definitely a chap you should look out for. He recently came in second in the L4L and the B2B. He has also champed a Key to Greatness. If he drops to the top of his abilities, he should be able to champ sometime or another.

God of War
The man himself. GoW is a legend on multiple sites, champing various leagues. If he shows up to his battles, he should be able to win them. He has won a season of 1-2 on RB, so it goes without saying he is a major threat.

Barcotic/Cronus
Barcotic came out of nowhere and joined my league, which is an honor for me. For those who don't know Bar has champed multiple battle leagues. But he is coming off a hiatus, so he may very well be rusty. Even so, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks before he starts dropping incredible lines.

Knucklehead
Knucklehead is easily a head on this site. He currently is in the champ match for the AOBL, so he should come up with some cool shit. He will also help me with mags sometimes, which will be very helpful. He is definitely going to be a major competitor in the league. Expect clever nps from him.

Bags
Bags is not only a good battler, but also a great character in discussion. Most of you may know him from Warthogshed (let us take a moment of silence, lest we forget), but he is also a vet when it comes to battles. He hasn't really battled on the new site, so he may have to shake off some rust before he drops dope.

Jesuits
Tbh I don't even know if he battles, but he seems like a pretty cool guy in discussion. Unless he's a dope alias, he could see some major elevation and hopefully make playoffs.

Cashius
I haven't seen Cash post a lot, but I've seen enough to know that he is pretty dope. He will probably be a major threat in the league and will offer many exciting battles.

Hollywood
The only thing darker than the mystery behind Hollywood's true identity is his skin tone. Holly has been killing it lately in all leagues and was nearly the BA champ. With how dope he is, he clearly must be an alias. Expect him to drop some dope punches this season.

Ox
I battled this guy in AOBL, and he seemed pretty decent, in my opinion. He knows how to throw a punch, and just needs to work out a few wording issues. If he can do that, he can expect to win quite a few battles.

Chyeahhh!!!
I have not seen This dude battle, but he seems quite well known and is active in the discussion. Unless he is a head who hasn't battled in a while, I will guess that he will need to elevate to become competitive. If he was a battler at some time, he may need to shake off some rust.

NAQ
NAQ seems to fall into the same category as Chyeahhh!!!. I have never seen him battle and would have to figure out if he is dope or not. He also is active in the discussion, so he may be a battler as well.

King Keith
In not sure how Keith is in battles, but I know he has been a topical head on many sites, so he obviously knows the format and how to rhyme. Whether he can adapt that to battles or not is the question.

Pimp Daddy Payne
Bleak may be a newer cat, but he shouldn't be underestimated. He has quickly elevated and has battle experience in the AOBL. He should be able to throw punches well. If he can drop consistently, he should make playoffs.

Malachi
Malachi seems to be more of a topical cat as well. He hopefully should be able to master the battle format and throw some solid punches.

Meth
Meth has participated in multiple battle leagues and tourneys. He seems to be a newer cat, but is elevating quickly. If he can smooth out some wording and concept issues, he could win some battles.

Innovator
Innovator is also a topical cat. He should be able to figure out the format as he is obviously very eager, seeing as he posted before the mag was even completed.

Immaculate
Immaculate is a okay battler from the little I have seen. She seems to be more active in the discussion. From what I've seen, she is constantly trolled for fully body pics. Hopefully she will be in some ROFL worthy battles.

Mike Wrecka
Another topical cat who seems to be winning a few battles, Mike could be a threat if he can master the battling format, because he will already have rhymes and style down.

RPK
A textcee with a silly gun name. You can expect cliche nameplays from him.

Def_fuckin_5
Def recently came off a long hiatus onto AoB. He has wording and style down, but may struggle on dropping fresh concepts, as he will not know what is played now. However, he should drop mostly quality bars.

Genocide
Genocide has been battling for years. Although he is mostly a topical cat, he participated in the Ultimate Writer, so he may have elevated a great deal in his textceeing skills.

Destroyer
Although I don't personally know Destroyer, he was a vet on NC. He will definitely bring fire every week. Because he is coming off a hiatus, may be slightly rusty, but he should be solid enough to win a number of battles.

Dystopian
Dystopian aka Plot has been battling for a bit. He knows how to throw a punch, but he comes a little bland at times. He can definitely drop dope in 1-2 battles, as I remember him on RB.

Twenty one
I don't know who this is, but she seemed to have dropped decently in the AOBL this week. Either she is an alias or is just decent. She should be able to drop well in the league.

2 Beautiful
Robranda is more of a discussion head than a battle one. What she lacks in skill, however, she makes up in self esteem. She can use this as a good opportunity to elevate.

Lotto Smirk
Lotto Smirk is a newer battler. He seems to get the basic concepts of battling. He should be able to win some matches and elevate a good deal.

Inno
03-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the mention coo mag tho lol

Allen Knight
03-31-2013, 02:11 AM
dope mag rpkizzle

RPK
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
Score Format

In order to avoid possible conflicts as to whom deserves a champ or contender match, I will be applying RPK's patented score algorithm. Don't worry, it's not as fancy as it sounds (or patented). Essentially, there are five key parts.
Winning a battle will be worth +2 points.
Winning through no show will be worth +1 point.
Losing a battle will be worth -1 point.
Losing a battle through no-show will be worth -2 points.
A person who earns a champ/contender match must participate in the league two weeks before becoming eligible again.

This discourages no-showing and also makes winning through no-shows less profitable. It will allow battlers who win through battles to get match priority.

Predictions

Witty vs. Immaculate
I don't know exactly how this'll turn out, but I think Witty will take it. However, immaculate may surprise me and pull the upset.
Witty 80-20

Allen Knight vs. Bags
BOTW imo. These two know how to drop and will make an incredible battle. I think it will be pretty even.
50-50

Ox vs. 2 Beautiful
I have seen both battle, and I believe Ox has a better handle on throwing punches. Beautiful may have elevated and may surprise me, however.
Ox 70-30

Bleak vs. Cashius
Another decent battle. Both these guys know how to drop and should make this a good one. I see Cash edging it though.
Cashius 60-40

Def_fuckin_5 vs. Lotto Smirk
This one may be a closer battle. Def is coming off a hiatus, so I believe he should be able to edge it barely.
Def 60-40

Malachi vs. God of War
I see GoW taking this solidly. However, Malachi could come up with something crazy and surprise me, or GoW could no show.
GoW 90-10

Dystopian vs. Mike Wrecka
This is another that could be closer because these guys tend to be off and on. I see Dys edging it because of experience.
Dystopian 65-35

Chyeahhh!!! vs. Innovator
I really have no clue how this will end up. I have seen neither of these guys battle before. Could go either way.
50-50

Meth vs. Knucklehead
I see Knucklehead pulling this one quite easily. He has been on a roll recently and has been dropping nicely. Meth may pull the upset though.
Knucklehead 85-15

King Keith vs. jesuits
Another matchup that should be interesting simply from unfamiliarity. I think Keith will edge it though I've seen neither battle.
Keith 55-45

Genocide vs. Hollywood
Genocide is a topical cat mostly. I have seen Holly drop dope punches, so he will probably get it.
Holly 90-10

Barcotic vs. Twenty one
Barcotic is coming off a hiatus, so he may be rusty. I think this could be close simply from that, but I see Bar getting it.
Barcotic 75-25

Destroyer vs. NAQ
I have never seen NAQ battle, and I know Destroyer was a vet, so I will take the obvious choice of destroyer.
Destroyer 80-20

Outroduction

Well, that's about it for this week, so I will try to be brief. Lets make this season dope and try not to no show. I will just end up with some Props and WTFs.

Props to all you guys for signing up.

WTF to Allen, Innovator and Meth for being so eager to post before I finished the mag.

Witty Allen Knight Bags Barcotic Innovator Meth Immaculate 2 Beautiful Destroyer Malachi Ox Lotto Smirk Twenty One Dystopian Genocide Def_fuckin_5 Mike Wrecka Pimp Daddy Payne NAQ jesuits Cashius God Of War Hollywood King Keith Chyeahhh!!! Knucklehead

Allen Knight
03-31-2013, 09:13 AM
lmao why post it not done lol

Meth
03-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Wtf

RPK
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
lmao why post it not done lol

Editing it in on iPhone, so it's tedious to type

Allen Knight
03-31-2013, 02:18 PM
tru doin shit from a cell phone sucks

Sn00p
03-31-2013, 05:20 PM
haha, good shit, RPK. Just some friendly advice, tagging all the people in the mag really helps it get the views and shine it deserves. And you can always just close the thread if you're still working on it. Since you're a mod, you'll still be able to post in the thread even with it being closed.

RPK
03-31-2013, 06:25 PM
haha, good shit, RPK. Just some friendly advice, tagging all the people in the mag really helps it get the views and shine it deserves. And you can always just close the thread if you're still working on it. Since you're a mod, you'll still be able to post in the thread even with it being closed.

Ok thanks.

super pimp trillionaire
03-31-2013, 06:55 PM
#unhappy

RPK
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Genocide is no longer in the league so I will fill in for him and battle hollywood

Inno
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Dope I guess I got ahead of myself lol.

Mike Wrecka
03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
cool mag. that scoring format is whats up

Twenty One
04-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Nice

Chyeahhh!!!
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
nice mag. Yes this is my first time battling, so take it easy on me............please

Meth
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Cool