PDA

View Full Version : Srs bout my doe...

Rawn M.D.
04-02-2013, 03:53 PM
So last night I pick up an additional 8 top at work (I already got 2 four tops n a five)...
The table consists of 5 kids and 3 adults

First thing...all the kids order coke...the two ladies order frozen alcoholic drinks...and dood orders a 'big bloke' 22 oz Stella...so Im thinkin, this should b a pretty good come up...

Then for entree's 5 out the 8 order filet's n lob's...other 3 order like a 10 oz ribeye, 16oz prime rib, and like a 14 oz strip...

so the checks around like 180$...

I drop the check...dood originally puts like 25$ in the book, and his mom (2nd older lady) drops her cc...I'm instructed by the dood to take the cash first (at the table)..

i go in back to take payment, dood calls for me and gives me his card and tells me to take 100$ of his card, then the rest off the older lady's, and proceeds to take the 25$ back...

i do so and then walk back to drop the check, i leave his copy of the receipt for 100$ on the left, with the lady's blank cc on the right...(i leave the guys receipt as a clue that there is no tip yet)...however the dood has stepped out, so now its only the ladies and the kids...

i walk away, hit up one of my other tables to see if everythings going well, walk back to the table ask if they 'are all set' while pointing to the check book, she says yes and I proceed to take it...

upon walking away I look inside to check out everything and realize that they did NOT tip me...now mind u this is an 8 top that I picked up additional to my assigned tables, half of the table's comprised of kids - so mess is going to occur, and they were a 'needy' type of table too, so it occupied some of my time...

so i walk back to the table, dropping the checkbook AGAIN I say to the lady. "I don't know if there was a misunderstanding between payments, or if u were not intending on tipping me, but ill come back and collect this later'' and walk away...

I wait and walk back about 15 min later when they left, and did indeed get my tip...45$ tbe...(im thinking that she over-tipped me partially bc i called her out kinda, but in a nice fashion, and the original was a misunderstanding...however, if I would not have said anything I would have got NOTHING...)

(and to top off the night, Outback no longer employs bus-boys april 1, so it was the first day with no bussers, which is another tangent within itself.)

God Of War
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
i would of fired u, FIRED RAWN FIRED

Wise Wiggles
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
*slow claps*

super pimp trillionaire
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Fuck patrons, get money

Rawn M.D.
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
LOL, I wasn't mean about it...

but im not going to take on extra work for no pay..

fuck that.

Split
04-02-2013, 04:14 PM
You shouldve put one of the kids through the table to emphasize your message

Orc
04-02-2013, 04:42 PM
how come u have to tip waiters etc in america? its not like that here really. like ppl wud do it but if a waiter asked me for a tip i'd say don't piss against the wind

Rawn M.D.
04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
from what I've been told (im not that well traveled) the majority of the world factors in gratuity into checks already (i think at 18%) but im not 100%

Dominate
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
how come u have to tip waiters etc in america? its not like that here really. like ppl wud do it but if a waiter asked me for a tip i'd say don't piss against the wind

I know right? Such a silly system. Set the prices, pay your employees. End of story. Then everyone knows what they're making and what they should pay.

Witty
04-02-2013, 05:38 PM

US dudes correct me if I am wrong but I think instead of minimum wage like we have you get a set wage and after that ur pay goes by how well u do your job through getting tips. It's just like a wage except a lot more depends on the work u actually do rather than just showing up. I actually think it is a really good idea, from the employers point of view if not the employee. The better you do, the more you are paid...seems fair to me.

Witty
04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
from what I've been told (im not that well traveled) the majority of the world factors in gratuity into checks already (i think at 18%) but im not 100%

Over here we get a set wage for our hours, and any tips are split up and divided equally at the end of the day or week.

Dominate
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
US dudes correct me if I am wrong but I think instead of minimum wage like we have you get a set wage and after that ur pay goes by how well u do your job through getting tips. It's just like a wage except a lot more depends on the work u actually do rather than just showing up. I actually think it is a really good idea, from the employers point of view if not the employee. The better you do, the more you are paid...seems fair to me.

yeah if how well you did your job was the only thing that influenced how much you got tipped it would be a good system. But there's so many other variables you can't control

Ghost1
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Minimum wage is like 7.25

Waiters get like 3.25 ... er sumthin.....so....yea without tips theyre like sweatshop workers

Lol@rawns biggest achievement of the year tho.wompwomp.

Dominate
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
damn that's low... in Australia you can make $20/hr working at a McDonalds, seriously

Dominate
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
And our dollar is now stronger than yours...

Straya > Merica

~RustyGunZ~
04-02-2013, 07:29 PM
i thought rawn was an international business man who fights sharks and piloted the helicopter in black hawk down??

Ghost1
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Not b4 he puts in ur onion blossom app

An i wouodnt work at mcdonalds for 20$ an hour for real tho.....cost of living must be higher tho@dom

Dominate
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
yea it is

but it's not more than double, so we still win :p

Dominate
04-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Cost of large big mac meal here is around $8... so you can work less than half an hour to pay for it

what's it in america?

~RustyGunZ~
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
i think like 6.50 or some shit

King Ra.
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
5.29 for a big Mac meal. I believe it's 5.19. Either one.

Ghost1
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
It varies state to state lol

Aesthetic
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Fuck bitches.

Get your money.

I love that slow clap response though I just died seeing
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgbilzDkVB1qf8yek.gif