PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite

PancakeBrah
04-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Never played the prior two, but this is the 'shit' (colloquialism).

Prob the best game ever released for XBox 360, to exaggerate (srs)

Anyone else 'diggin' on this game?

bleak
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I played the first 2.

it's visually astounding, the screenshots I've seen.

God Of War
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
its pretty crqzy man def worth getting thats for sure

Inno
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
just got..first 2 are amazing.

next is GOW

Fart
04-04-2013, 05:05 PM
I didn't like the first two at all, but Infinite is first in line for GOTY so far. Then Tomb Raider a close 2nd

God Of War
04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I didn't like the first two at all, but Infinite is first in line for GOTY so far. Then Tomb Raider a close 2nd

gla du said that our taste ing ames are similiar as fuck bro..i couldnt even play the first 2 all the way thru but this one is INSANE and i agree with tomb raider i just did my second beating of it. shit is still an amazing game. dont think i like either better then far cry 3 but there close as fuck.. hoping these other games hold up and the 23 rd dead island rip tide come out but ima cop it but i dont see it being much different then the first. it cool u can use ur same character stats and erything fromt he first tho

Fart
04-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Lol yeah
That whole shit where (SPOILER ALERT) your companion bitch can pull out anything from other dimensions for you is beyond dope. And when you go into another dimension, how the look and feel are way different, weapons and everything else that changes too is amazing to me

Destroyer
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Never played the prior two, but this is the 'shit' (colloquialism).

Prob the best game ever released for XBox 360, to exaggerate (srs)

Anyone else 'diggin' on this game?

how does this compare to dishonored?
because that was game of the year for me

Fart
04-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Dishonored isn't up there for me...it was wayyyyyyy too short.

Destroyer
04-04-2013, 06:09 PM
yeah but it lends itself to multiple playthroughs so well
you can go for no kills, or find all kinds of other ways to do shit, plus HUGE opportunity for creative kills, you can possess people and jump off bridges and possess another person before you fall
you can let a dude shoot at you, freeze time and make it so his own bullet kills him. that shit is dope to me

Fart
04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Word no question it was dope... but to me, being short and having no multiplayer (at least i don't remember it having online) brings it down on my goty list

Destroyer
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I can see that. I never play online so idgaf about that
but what I mean, is how does the gameplay compare because it looks similar to me
I've never played any of the bioshock games, but seriously considering buying this one

Fart
04-04-2013, 06:54 PM
It's kinda similar, you get more upgrades on Dishonored and have more powers but you are on your own where as in Infinite you have that dope ass companion to help you, throwing you weapons/ammo if you're pinned down or something. And she can open portals for shit like flying turrets, weapons, ammo, health, etc etc. Freshhhh concept imo. And the story line is way better in Infinite. Also get electric powers in Infinite. The overall presentation is better too..cinematics/graphics/sound..give it a more realistic feel than Dishonored does, but I still dig Dishonord's Valve/Half Life 2 style of presentation. Dishonored is more steathly and Infinite is not. You basically have to kill all enemies before moving on to the objective or they will just overwhelm you eventually. Also seems like Infinite had a much bigger budget and much more time spent on it. So far it doesn't really have any of those retarded ass puzzle games in it. Which I HATED about Bioshock 1 and 2. Andddd it's fucking gory as shit. Head shots always explode heads in different ways, like it's not the same animation over and over. Enemies with armor can lose pieces of it from being shot off, helmets can be shot off, weapons can be shot off. There's also 'gear' you can find which is basically armor slots for head, chest, legs, feet that give u certain abilities when u wear them. Like the hat that gives you a 60% Chance to catch an enemy on fire when u melee them. And when they do catch on fire, you can watch them burn all the way to the fuckin bone, and then their skeleton falls apart as they reach the ground. Fuckin. Brutal.
If that makes sense. lmao. I think Infinite is more quality and more fun to play, especially if you like games with realllly good plots and twists, with very short and mostly interactive cut-scenes that sometimes give you the 'good-guy-bad-guy' choices. and the consequences for either are almost immediate and effect the game in many, many ways.. Like i wanna beat it as the bad guy just to start over and do the good guy options to see where that leads

Destroyer
04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
that's a great review, thanks for writing it all out.
I will definitely be picking it up