PDA

View Full Version : ABL Mag, Week 4 Edition - 12/9/06 by Te_Ora

God Of War
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
09-13-06

Te Ora (http://www.anotha.com/member.php?u=36)

ABL Mag : Week 4 Edition
12/9/06

Intro
to say last week was a shambles would be an understatement. we had over half of the league no show and only three battles were able to recieve any votes. of those three battles one recieved only two votes, while another was closed when one of the competitors bitched asbout votes and left the league (more about that later). http://www.anotha.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif considering how much time i've personally put into this.. it was very dissapointing. there won't be much point continuing this league if we get a repeat of last week. let's take a look of the action that did take place last week..

Battle Reviews

Top 10

1. Te Ora (2-0) vs. 2. Nyce (2-0)
Nyce no shows against T.O for the second time in a row, allowing Te to win by default.

3. Fohkus (2-0) vs. 4. ThaMenace (2-0)
TheMenace forgets to ask for an extension and Fohkus wins by default.

5. prozpekt (1-1) vs. 6. JonJonOyes (1-1)
Jon spends the weekend in hospital, giving prozpekt the win by default.

7. Fletcha (1-1) vs. 8. da big glassman (1-1)
Fletcha failed to deliver on the promise he showed last week. da big glassman came more personal and more consistent and it was enough to take out the win in this one, even though there was a real absence of voters.

9. Bob (1-1) vs. 10. MIC REKKIN BASTARD (1-1)
Bob seemed afraid to show his name……. meaning MIC REKKIN BASTARD wins by default.

ABL

11. presyce (1-0) vs. 12. Pyr0 (0-2)
Pyr0 no shows, and presyce wins by default for the second time since he joined the league.

13. Joe Native (1-1) vs. 14. Dilated Eyes (0-2)
Joe Native seems more concerned with dissing random crews, allowing Dilated Eyes to win by default.

15. MC J3RSEY (1-1) vs. 16. sp!tf!r3 (1-1)
sp!t utilized the concepts he had a lot better than J3RS, who came more personal but used personals we’ve all read before. sp!t did enough and took all the votes, winning one of the only two battles where both battlers showed up.

17. westkeptsecret (0-2) vs. 18. Franchise (1-1)
Double no show. westkeptsecret is a real fag for begging to get into this and then no showing two weeks a row even though he manages to find the time to post up in dodge. Because of his gayness he is booted from the league.

19. doodydean (0-1) vs. 20. nickenron (0-0)
Both showed pretty average, but doody atleast attempted punches. nickenron bitched and said he was out of the league as soon as votes went against him.. and then didn’t understand why he wasn’t allowed to vote in the weeks battles!

Top Punches

in no particular order..

doodydean @ nickenron
While im cruisin in the rankings im always one better,
Back to the battles, so have you actually won…ever?

Te Ora @ Nyce
it pains me to pound on how your a fag and net geek
cause you’ll write ALL the “Top Punches”..
if you do the mag next week

Dilated Eyes @ Joe Native
an its qualitity over quanity joe..so im hurtin ya routes
by doing 10...tell ya put weight on a bar
..cuz its not "workin out"

prozpekt @ Jon
We all feel-ya-very-soft so just chill-n-bear-the-loss
and 'keep the bugs away'.. cuz your skill-is-'wearin-OFF'!

da big glassman @ Fletcha
yea fletcha u in killer instinct but we all kno ud hesitate to do it
n honestly ur above whack... only cuz ur an addict (attic) to it

MIC REKKIN BASTARD @ Bob
Tries to rhyme and attempts to fake an artist
But bob’s the pick of the litter…
… Seeing as he’s straight up garbage

sp!tf!r3 @ MC J3RSEY
Where's the props? The fans must be leavin' early
First weed is outlawed...
...now there's no "e" in Jersey?

Fohkus @ ThaMenace
Your wack verses lacking traction, skills aint even a fraction
I sum up all your verses....but end up just doing subtraction

MC J3RSEY @ sp!tf!r3
Im writin fine, Spit bitin rhymes, Homie, Lines Will Harm You
His win's are like watchin a movie, Thas the only Time He 'Saw 2'

Fletcha @ da big glassman
Under the illusion fighting's a good thing in your glass clan
You ain't no G, take it out your name and you'll be last man

MIC REKKIN BASTARD @ Bob
Bob’s fucked, so he’s down to spawn text
Our battles are confused…
… Cuz I keep takin wins out of kontext

Te Ora @ Nyce
your the hottest new cat on the scene.. with lines that’s bitten poorly
i was going to put a chink in your armor.. it seems you did it for me

Battle of the Week : Fletcha vs da big glassman

Fletcha
3 days of school and it fucks my brain up http://www.anotha.com/images/smilies/undecided.gif, but I rustled summit up

Only tips you take are from all Etienne Sauret's shit
Cause the nearest you can get to a punch is filming it*
You will even swim with rays to become like 'a win' (Irwin)
But even under my chest you could only provide a tame sting
Can't make the 'Sum 41' so you're lacking in 'Motivation'
You'll be fucked as Pitt's marriage but without the compensation
Like you live in an igloo the way you're getting cold feet
You're having nightmares that won't go if you count sheep
Lacking in the tackle so you can only make fantasy football
Illiterate so you can never put the writing on the wall
Under the illusion fighting's a good thing in your glass clan
You ain't no G, take it out your name and you'll be last man (bi lassman)

*(http://www.anotha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16259)

vs.

da big glassman
first line.. jus butterin u up cuz my words r gon fry ya
n leave u goldenbrown (gold n brown) like last years style
u aint gon win.. n i feel sorry for u if u thinkin u r
cuz then ur barkin up the rong tree... n u bitin lines from bizarre (real roxanne)
dudes a pussy.. if i tell him ill kill him he'll prolly start havin night tremors
n fletcha please dont join b-unit... wat they need is some tight members
fletchas a bitch... sorry dude but i cant tell ppl lies
i saw ur battle.. it got hard n u choked... wat a surprise
fletcha u mad ugly.. i aint gay dont get it twisted dawg
but from the looks of it... goin to france actually turned u into a frog
yea fletcha u in killer instinct but we all kno ud hesitate to do it
n honestly ur above whack... only cuz ur an addict (attic) to it

uppin for votes

v/ da big glass man 2-0

Verse of the Week : Te Ora

your a known drunk & i'll be downin you shortly.. str8 clownin you shorty
the most shocking thing about this battle?
you DIDN'T want to drown in a 40!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jin
last time you had a fan..
..it was spinning on the ceiling
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyce
dude that's bad company, but your a loner, so i'll never laugh,
& i looked at your ceiling... & saw the only FAN you'll ever have
http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=234455

the pics you post look chinese.. or so cats have been saying
it seems you took it to heart.. and now your concepts are aging / asian
your the hottest new cat on the scene.. with lines that’s bitten poorly
i was going to put a chink in your armor.. it seems you did it for me
what’s your favorite brew? quite irrelevant.. ya writing sucks dude
recently you been gettin drunk off that Jin N Juice..
so i guess you'll be biting Pac too?
you exemplify wack.. shouldn’t have crossed my limbs
i’d give you an ex………… but you already lost to him
i box for wins.. and it’s safe to say your verses need quotes
i’ll strip you of Pride.. and take away one guaranteed vote
your not what ya built to be.. you’ll faint to the ground
cause of you there’s no Mag..
..nificent lines against me this round
it pains me to pound on how your a fag and net geek
cause you’ll write ALL the “Top Punches”..
if you do the mag next week
all you do is run your tonsils.. your bullshit never evens out
your very remarkable.. but only lame ones leave your mouth
you’ve established net fame.. by yaself w/ no one else
it’s apt i call you bitchmade.. seeing you really made yourself

bitch.

No Show Shine : MIC REKKIN BASTARD

Quote: Originally Posted by bob
would i be able to change my name? cos i dont want people to know my real name....it makes me feel scared
You bringin spits, I just brought you the facts
Didn’t even know you were bob…
… I just thought you were whack
This the 2nd time I gotta battle this broken punk
Bitch, if you no show again…
… You stand a better chance than postin up
Bob’s fucked, so he’s down to spawn text
Our battles are confused…
… Cuz I keep takin wins out of kontext
I wasted my time, and thought it wasn’t fair
But look on the bright side…
… And still bob wasn’t there
Tries to rhyme and attempts to fake an artist
But bob’s the pick of the litter…
… Seeing as he’s straight up garbage
Diarrhetic drops due to the fact his flows ass
Shows a day late and a dollar short…
…proof he got broke raps!

God Of War
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
meh, i got mad writers block...

Bitch of the Week : nickenron
some might ask how he ever got into the league in the first place, the answer to that is that he was the only option. nickenron has been criticized many times for how little he knows about text battling, but we decided that atleast he is active and could be trusted to show each week. however as soon as the votes came in for his week one bout with doodydean this is what he had to say:

Quote: Originally Posted by nickenron
Holy shit fuck this text battle shit! this is not workin out for me, fuck this shit, take me out of this gay ass tournament please!!!
^ which reeks of bitchiness ladies and gentlemen. he was promptly shown the door, his battle closed, and his name removed from the ranks. however this wasn't enough, the very next day he had the audacity to try and vote on the leagues battles! the very league he had said was [quote]gay ass[unquote] only a day before. he says he doesn't like text.. but it seems his hole existence on this site is to meddle in text issues, which became especially apparent when he put the bitch in the chat thread later in the week. he just couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed to vote in the league he had dissed and left only a few days prior. congratulations nick.. you have well and truly earned the title this week. runner up goes to all those who no showed, especially westkeptsecret

you all put shit all effort into the league this week and you should treat others how you expect to be treated. let's see how this effects this weeks..

Power Rankings

8. Fletcha
7. prozpekt
6. da big glassman
5. sp!t
4. ThaMenace
3. MIC REKKIN BASTARD
2. Fohkus
1. Te Ora

actual ranks can be found here (http://www.anotha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13559)

it's time to put last week behind us.. let's see how this weeks battles stack up

Predictions

Top Ten
by sp!t

1. Te Ora (3-0) vs. 2. Fohkus (3-0)

Here we have ourselves a clash of two egos. On one hand, Fohkus is creative and consistent, but, on the other hand, he lacks the charisma that makes Te Ora's verses so enjoyable to read. Either way, this will be an interesting battle. Fohkus came within one vote of beating Te Ora about six months ago, but Te Ora claimed he wasn't trying his best. Six months later, both of these emcees have evolved drastically. Unless Fohkus can dig up hard-hitting personals, I doubt his punches won't oust Ethan's bravado. Prediction: Te Ora.

3. prozpekt (2-1) vs. 4. da big glassman (2-1)

I find Da Big Glassman's verses to be unorganized at times, while Prozpekt's are at least comprehendable when they want to be. Prozpekt's last battle had him at a different structure, but his punches were pretty played out. DBG's last battle was impressive, but he could've done better. His punches sometimes stray so far from the actual diss just to execute a wordplay. Still, he has the edge on this one against Prozpekt. Prediction: da big glassman.

5. MIC REKKIN BASTARD (2-1) vs. 6. presyce (2-0)

This will probably be favorite match-up of the week. Here we have two emcees with two very similar styles. It's hard to pick one over the other, especially when they both have never faced each other before. As long as MIC REKKIN BASTARD doesn't bring his one-word rhymes with simple wordplays and maintains consistency, he should be able to conquer the Punchline Champion. Although he has improved vastly, Presyce needs to up the creativity this time. Prediction: MIC REKKIN BASTARD.

9. doodydean (1-1) vs. 10. Fletcha (1-2)

Fletcha has shown significant growth throughout this league, while Doodydean has switched his style up. It might be a little premature to say that Doodydean is falling off, but Fletcha has plenty of ammo for this battle. Doodydean is very active on the site and the fact that he's from the U.K. should make for good personals. It all comes down to how Fletcha utilizes the personals available to him. If he pulls through, it'll probably be only by a hair. Prediction: Fletcha.

ABL
by fohkus

Franchise Vs. Don methods Vs. Misunderstood

Still don't know who the fuck don methods is...but no the less it should be a good battle. Franchise is probaly motivated do beat his friend so probaly stop doing the weak shit he's being doin and get back how he use to be. Misunderstood will probaly not be use to the new anotha way of voting mainly on punches and will probaly lose. So this goes to franchise if dont methods doesnt suprise

V/Franchise

Pyro vs. Joe native

Native should take this easy, unless he ho-show's like last week he should have this in the bag...pyro's head i mean.

V/Native

Jonjonoyes Vs. Bob

The teacher vs. the student, should be an intersting battle with both trying their best. Bob has a tendancy of ho-showing...but probaly won't here and will drop a decent verse. If jon can get off the overusing cliches and get a hard punch in he should be able to take it.

V/JonJon

Mc jersey Vs. Menace

should be a decent battle, Jers is a little flaky his only shot in this battle is to be consitent with his punches. He could command and an upset but i doubt he will menace should be safe he has a good drop.

V/Menace

who ABL battlers and anotha.com members think will win this weeks match ups can be found here (http://www.anotha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16906)

Outro
i put shit all effort into this mag.. but it still managed to take a couple of hours so you fags better read it and post. look for the champ and no 1 contendorship matches to be introduced next week, and remember verses aren't due until SUNDAY this week. don't forget to fuckin drop this week, jesus christ........

pz