PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Magazine presents.... "The 2nd Coming" (End of Season/Playoff Outlook)

King Ra.
04-13-2013, 04:48 PM
AOWL Magazine
presents....

"The 2nd Coming"
[End of Season & Playoff Outlook]
***Week 9 Edition***

Putting in work once again, welcome to the week 9 edition of the AOWL magazine, the hottest mag on the net. We're only a few more weeks til the end of the season & the playoff race is looking hot. Competitors are jockeying position and there could be some epic match ups & daunting upsets in this final stretch. Who will be crowned the first ever regular season champ? Get ready for the biggest magazine of the YEAR. Holler.

http://youtu.be/c9mmBD_54M8

OPEN MIC FEATURE #1

"America.. The Land Of The Not So Free" (Ft. Aesthetic & nO GoOd!+)
written by Just Write

Desolate lands, turmoil, spastic catastophes
"Land Of The Free.. Love, Sex, Pain, and of Agony".
Nothing to gain confusing compassion w/apathy,
state tightens their reigns applying shackles to hands n feet.
Can it be real? Poison enters our digestive systems
A generation of chem trail and pesticide victims.
Exploits of micro-electroids stay coursing our blood,
how are we to stop a process that has already begun?
High strung Politicians with their volatile missions,
control the populace; a fraction in coffins or prisons.
Are we really sick, or is it government inflicted conditions?
Conspiracies to truths its all still pestilence driven.

Im sick of being lied too, 9/11 I despise you.
Gotta Ruby Ridge mindset too ride too.
Swine flu? How the fuck does the strain mutate?
im sick of being told too Contemplate Fuck that, I oughta meditate.
Either accept or disrupt this fucked F.e.m.a. mindstate.
Shit journalists cant investigate; they dissipate.
Implicate a higher stature; one with love minus the actor
Why the fuck would I support a nuclear reactor.
When nuclear testing got half Nevada wit cancer.
Where's the love, we getting fucked with compassion.
Osama bin ladin largest emotion manipulation.
Im tellin you; ignore stipulations.

wish these active elitists would say something n actually mean it
instead of promising action then passing us grievance
recite the mantra of heathens, that "do unto others"
the only land where a man will turn his back on a brother
we used to have compassion of mothers, now its void of its fathers
no trust in our sons, I see corruption in daughters
this is an ode to the land of the free.. home of the brave
the only nation where we sell our own souls for some praise
despicable slaves, you make me sick to my stomach
you're only free till you realize the grip of our government...
our nations on black out, running with broken lamps
and the only way to stop it is to get off our asses and make a stand.

I'm sick of the actions of government agencies,
cloaked in secret factions. Lies from a to z
its crazy, see people are deserving the truth,
I step aloof around the topic, like a bird on a roof..
the youth is diluted, so seek the truth if you choose it
this is real life son and my proof is in music..
Ive seen and experienced the worst of ways
people can suffer, as I've thrown the dirt in graves.
Listen, its a mission I'm on to see it through
and it affects everyone I talkin with, be it you.
I'm a soldier see, known to be cold as ice,
fuck the government, reach for your dreams...

and hold it tight..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1wxrLwtd1rpk8vu.png

BRING THAT BACK!!! (A Recap of Week 8's Match ups)

While there were many one-sided victories in week 8, we saw 3 very interesting match ups go down to the wire. So in this edition of 'Bring That Back!' we will take a closer look at those match ups & do a quick round robin of the others. Keep up with me.

Adonis (4-1) got back on the winning side of things with a pretty solid 7-1 win over Nigma (4-2), who for the first time in as many weeks, got involved in a match up that was decided by votes & not a no show. Pretty surprised at what Adonis was able to put together despite mentioning that the topic was pretty unfavorable. Readers felt he crafted a nice piece though & a few Nigma mishaps may been what hindered him from getting more votes. Adonis now has a 2-match lead in the White division & is competing in a #1 contenders match once again this week. Nigma remains in the lead in the purple division having the same record as myself & a tiebreaker edge because of the NS win over me as well.

fenix osiris (1-0) & Just Write (0-1) both made their debuts last week with fenix pulling off the knockout, 7-0. Just Write did completely the opposite of what his alias says- well, he BARELY wrote anything. Though many stated that they saw much potential from the little they read. With both joining so late in the season, they have a lot of work to do in order to get in the playoffs. Fenix is on the right track. A few more wins & he may just catch Red glare or even overtake Cereal_Killa for 2nd place in the Orange division. Just Write is in a tougher position, with Adonis, Vulgar, a fast improving Zenland & still a potential threat in Kuja (now known as Atheist) far ahead.

Cereal_Killa (2-1) came out with the pink to hand Witty (3-3) a 6-3 loss. If the color of carnation can get you a win, then I would just have to type every piece I do in pink from now on. No lie. But seriously, this battle was somewhat surprising. How so? This had BOTW potential but honestly fell pretty short. That's not to take anything from both pieces, but they both can come even better. So don't sleep. In the end, CK was able to draw the readers to his side with a very well written, deep story. And the story seemed to be where Witty didn't pack enough of a punch, though it is one of his better strengths. Witty remains in 2nd place in the Green division, which looks like Frank will take. His playoff hopes aren't dead, but he will need to put together a solid stretch to land a spot. Cereal_Killa is now only 3-matches behind Red in the Orange division. With a win & a loss by Red this week, that lead will cut down to 1.

Split (4-3) picked up a much needed victory last week over c.d.m. (2-6) with a smooth 6-2 win over the Mental Assassin. It has been that kind of year for c.d.m. even though he has put together some really great pieces of writing. This match, Split was far too superior and for the first time this season, I believe we witnessed Split at nearly the top of his game. While he got the majority of votes, some readers stated that his piece was a bit too "wordy" or "complex". But it didn't knock the amazing idea he was able to put together to get the victory. Split is currently 3rd place in the Red division, behind new AOWL champ, Zygote & high riser, IAmBenT, who has been on a tear. His playoff hopes are still very much alive. c.d.m. is in a more difficult situation, but still has a chance to make a late run. He is 3rd behind TopicalDood5 & division leader pohfig. If there is a writer who can still contest from far behind, Veritas is that writer.

TopicalDood5 (3-0) is starting to really pick up steam. I guess now we wonder how far can he go? He picked up a 7-0 knockout victory over the Zenmaster (4-4) & remains unbeatened. Despite the one-sided gap in votes, readers were highly impressed with Zen, and from the beginning of the season, he has steadily improved. Dood's verse was just more better, very well written, deep with strong schemes & word choice. Dood has quickly put himself in a good position to overtake pohfig in the Yellow division. A win this week will put him in first place & more than likely a #1 contenders match. Zenland is still in the thick of the playoff race. Despite being in 3rd in the White division, if he manages to pull off 3 wins, he will secure a guaranteed spot in the playoffs & with his skills improving every week, it shouldn't be difficult.

Aesthetic (0-3) returned to the topical scene only to lose once again to Objective (2-2), 6-3. Not many readers were impressed with the stories provided, but Objective managed to put together a much more solid piece to take the win. A more emotional piece with solid mechanics, OBJ topped the storytelling of Aesthetic, who had a great idea/concept, but poor word choice hindered him from taking this match up. His shot at making the playoffs will be difficult, especially with 3 very polished writers ahead of him in his division (Frank, Witty, ZeeDee). But he could play the role of underdog and pull off some upsets. Objective is second place in the Blue division, in which he & Mike Wrecka look to be the only active members barring more new writers joining the league. If Mike loses in this weeks championship match & Objective pulls off a win, he will only be .5-matches behind for the division lead.

Vulgar (2-0) managed to get past Ink (3-2), in a tight 7-4 victory which featured two of the best pieces written in week 8. Vulgar was able to get 4 straight votes to take a 4-1, lead, before break away in the end to hold on. It's very hard to go up against V but you have to like the valiant effort Ink brought to the table to make this match a good one. It was Vulgar's strong concept & top-notch word choice & imagery/detail that gave him the edge at the end which overcame a few mistakes from Ink. Ink, however, is in sole possession of first place in the Black division, ahead of dead man & TYSON (who returns to action this week) & Vinzr (3-2), who is one a hiatus & who knows when he will return. If things continue the way they are, Ink will solidify one of the top spots come playoff seeding. Vulgar is off to a hot start. He trails Adonis (4-1) in the White division by 2-matches. He will return back to action week 10.

All reigns eventually come to an end. This one nearly kept going though. Frank (6-1, 3x AOWL champion) finally suffered his first loss of the season, losing the championship match to zygote (6-1) in a very close rematch in which Frank won previously. The votes went back & forth for the majority of the time, but zy managed to get enough down the stretch to dethrone our 3x champion. This match featured two very good writers, both of whom are very consistent as well, which made this such a intriguing read. It really came down to preference & zygote, on this second time around, was able to put together a story that gave him that slight edge over Frank. Frank remains at the top of the Green division & is the Titanium Conference's current #1 seed. Don't be surprised if he manages to make his way back into a championship match. zygote is the Red division leader as well as the Platinum Conferences #1 seed.

So now, we will present to you our BOTW & VOTW. Congrats to all involved in the voting & to those who received this weeks nominations.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK
Red glare (5-2) over pohfig (4-2)

pohfig has done nothing but contend against some of the best writers in the league this season & each time it has been close. This time however, Red glare was able to get the last two votes & secure a much important victory. pohfig actually took a 5-3 lead late & one or two more would have got him the win, but in the last moments, Red got 4 votes in a row. The storytelling by both of these gentlemen was ridiculous. Not only that, but they both did very well mechanically while having strong imagery & word choice. No wonder this went back & forth. Let's revisit both of these amazing pieces.

POHFIG's VERSE:

"My reminiscence.

A cyclone of high hopes and tight-throated gasps -
Reigning my parade of restraints leaving the sights overcast.
Internal turmoil that leaves your sides broke and black -
forcing a physical spasm that would make a blind hostess mad.
A sigh - forced and drab - no ones as passive as you, pal.
Hesitant movements prove the gap between action and morale.
Your masking, with your laugh, how tedious it feels
to be someone that gained himself the measliest appeal.
Two sides of the brain and both believe that its surreal -
Your own mind can't remember when the evil was revealed.
A Dr. Jekyll proctor vessel to a frolicking beast
that's tangled in his own mess worse than Socrates' beard.

I always thought that for such a lovely river, the name is mystifying:
Cape Fear.

Spring Break. A crisp lake - or was it a river that we're on?
I can't differentiate because you opened the liquor back at dawn.
Whiskey - black - we're bombed just here to sit relaxed and gawk.
Floating in an inner tube - provoking chicks in rafts in thongs
to flash their titties at us some. You'd give'em flack or yawn
if they didn't have the gall - since when was your gift of gab that strong?
Yelling at drunk dudes like you know Kung Fu - while you move like a beast.
So tossed you think you could take on Sun Tzu and the Zhou Dynasty.
The dudes might just beat you quietly if you keep moving that mouth -
and why's your chest so puffed up when you usually slouch?
Cape Fear - where your fears are caped while you're boozing about.
Where the fork in the road causes misdirection if you're tuning it out.

When the only thing to fear on those enchanted summer nights was that the magic would end and real life would come crashing in." Cape Fear, 1991.

Back at bay - a scant escape - an ass to chase on the beach.
A body so tight your lungs close..with thighs that can make the release.
So much debauchery across the scene you'd be crazy to leave
but this is your last night here so act like you beat a major disease.
You can't fake the deceit - the alcohol muddles your judgement and sense
until your dressed in lies that tomorrows sun will undress.
When you return home you'll be replaying conversations under your breath
that you wish you could relive next summer recess.
Hunched and regressed back to the characterless life that you know -
where you runners high comes from having to sigh as you go.
You live a life in the open - confined to your hopes
and going nowhere slowly within a mind you've outgrown.

HIGHLIGHT VOTE- by Split.

Pohfig. initially thought you went overboard accentuating the tiredness/ hesitation. good structure, not wordy. interesting word choices all around. I like how the diction mirrors the idea that youre basically, chasing the desires of pastime in the present, but since you're older you dont realize you have outgrown them. i dont think theres some nuts metaphorical relationship between the lake and and the story. i didnt catch one at least, but you used the quote well.
strange contrast between first stanza and second. I tend to not like multi-sectioned verses because theyre so jumpy and feel more like theater than a story or a song. but ok.\
When you return home you'll be replaying conversations under your breath
that you wish you could relive next summer recess.
Hunched and regressed back to the characterless life that you know -
where you runners high comes from having to sigh as you go.
haha okay i see how you pulled it together here.

i guess, also, that the serenity of the river that seems to hold still is also like, usurped by the suspicion that it can kill swallow you whole. which is a dope connection to the subject matter which may have been intentional.

even if you dont deconstruct it that much, i loved how this was packaged.

RED GLARE's VERSE:

The weight of the world is almost featherless; for a seven year old - strown with benevolence.
A super imagination, he honed, all alone in his desolate catacomb of repressiveness.
The dark hole of eccentric bliss.
Where ideas light up - glow degenerate - zones of censorship,
Cold fluorescent mist.
The wandering thinkers' slow stroll through sentiments.
His 7 steps through the flashes of brilliance - bulbs from the genesis.
The beautiful home of intelligence - now under my control of the red abyss.
The frontal lobe. A funneled globe. Spun below rove of the mega ships.
Heaven sent roads from the cerebellum closed for connectedness.
Construction workers along the information highway - place orange cones in concession
Spikes thrown with deterrence.
The wheels turning; but the minds slow to detect the strips.
We are tired; worn out; run down; flat.
But we continue to roam directionless -
Unknown elements float into my domes nebulous.
Droves of pestilence latch on - rode through exodus.
My craft is departing - leaving behind ideas; Dust bowls of irrelevance.
The old testament of recklessness the stories of redemption; told by the treacherous
Get on the phone with the president.
Tell him the future is full blown in blemishes.
"Today America lightens the load;
The world as we know it is crashing in; we are moments from detriment.
A large abstract structure approaches earth - prone for prevalence.
A million light years traveling through our galaxy - a boulder of detritus.
You have less than an hour before comatose, in it's eminence.
Evacuate on my command" he states in his low baritone of emphasis.
"These scientist say an eroding edifice can be heard barreling towards us with bestowing resonance."
We are the tumor - the node of negligence.
The presidents voice could be heard now, bold and tremulous.
The Blank expression on the mans face shows no embellishment.
"God bless your soul; and may your spirit uphold the blessedness"
The ideas gathered; frozen in restlessness
In their humble abode; looking for leadership -
When the main idea rose from the residents.
"Who will be the Big Idea chosen to settle this?"
The thoughts looked around at each other - noble - but hesitant.
"The world needs us more than ever; now who'll be the last hope for Centaurus?"
A 7 year old Clark Kent; stood amongst the men lowly; depressed
His mother said;
"My son can save the world; he is the heir to the throne of Persepolis..."
A preadolescent figure came forward, shown no acceptance.
The world was seconds from it's first mode of progression.
"The human race is fucked as we know it - cloned for it's celibance."
The Ideas turned off the T.V. and threw the remote at the television.
The 7 year boy was left to grow up in his moment of excellence.
His chromosomal genetics defied the codes of kinetics.
The devastation hit earth - sending strobes as it's messages.
As it is told... Super-Man had flown like Pegasus.
Cape draped over his shoulder;
S - golden yellowish.

HIGHLIGHT VOTE- by Mike Wrecka

red glare - another sick verse. your multis and complex structure is really impressive. you bounced back from last weeks verse, which I thought was your weakest so far in this league. this one was back up to that elite level.

Where ideas light up - glow degenerate - zones of censorship,
Cold fluorescent mist.
The wandering thinkers' slow stroll through sentiments.
His 7 steps through the flashes of brilliance - bulbs from the genesis.
The beautiful home of intelligence - now under my control of the red abyss.
The frontal lobe. A funneled globe. Spun below rove of the mega ships.
Heaven sent roads from the cerebellum closed for connectedness.

pretty insane stuff right there. I was recently writing a verse using black abyss as a multi and its interesting to see the different words that can connect to red abyss. anyway. ya only criticism, cause for some reason I always point out the one thing I don't like, your work right here wasn't as accessible as some of your past work. and that's a big thing to me. as far as im concerned the average reader should be able to grasp it right away. not feel a bit perplexed by the verbiage. which im a bit embarrassed to say , I was at times in this verse. I had to read some parts twice and was like ahhh. but ya , the complexity of the structure and flow you used was leaps and bounds above most. and that impresses me. good work..

VERSE OF THE WEEK

Only one verse stood out from the rest & it came down to Adonis & Cereal_Killa. After reading both verses, I made the tiebreaking selection & I must say, this verse really had me captivated from beginning to end. So without further delay, this weeks VOTW goes to: Cereal_Killa. Congrats, man. Let's take a look:

"Symbolization"
by Cereal_Killa

A gangster knows the true meaning of life and death, hurt n release
As the attitudes from several ages saw women’s arousal in terms of disease
Please
Take your seat

He graces his fingers across my thighs, brushing my senses on fire
Light rays of frayed desire break to align as my flesh perspires
Nervous, nerves of steel to shield but with a will I wield on purpose
Strong, a battle field of love or lust.. Uncertainty feels so worthless
Hurting before insertion, but too young to know any better
He gropes in pleasure, wetter yet aware of the scarlet’s letter
He kisses me, I’m eased releasing in a sea of my endeavors
Measuring the man.. not his physic but by how he guarantees “forever”
Infinite promises of promised-land, dreams in which their fulfilled
A scenic scene of cosimc colours schemes that seem so real
Perfect placement with his urging tips as my fingers link to embrace it
Racing membranes, face to waist with his tongue untamed.. I taste it
Changing pace, a mild percussion, a slow bass with violins
A soft ballad of balance builds right as I’m hit by the choirs hymn
A violent spring of vibrant pinks that quiver from out my lips
The sound so fierce it pierces skin, deep beneath his hips
My lids are closed but my hearts exposed within the trust he clutches
Dominance rushes, my wrists are restrained before my cheeks stop blushing
Wait! I proclaim in vane yet he unbuckles his belt and starts thrusting
Crushing, blow for blow even though my vagina shrinks he keeps fronting
Face fucking me; sight glued to any all signs of the truth festering
That I am scared, that I feel weak, that I seem less deserving
I bite down, I bleed as I have screamed NO so many times its faded
Jaded, lying in a pool of secretions trying to survive its bathing
He unleashes
Baby, look I just don’t know what got into my
My pride internally whispers
I couldn’t have fought harder to protect my virginity

I’m destined to create or to be raped by the common man
A pure black rage or the elements needed for this land
My infection is a label.. stamped with frailty and delivered in spite
My name is Vesica Pisces and even as a “WOMAN” I live for Wuthering Heights..
I am often misrepresented by an archaic rapture for tortured minds
“The day I became a WOMAN” derives from mans shame.. in female pride
I am dignified past this label
As I,
I am LIFE
are you?

HIGHLIGHT VOTES:

by fenix orsiris

wow this was an emotionally powerful piece. it was compelling to read on, it had enjoyable diction and strong imagery. the flow was smooth, and i enjoyed the rhyme scheme through out, no complaints there - there seemed to be few multis, but many internals throughout with a good use of assonance. whether it was supposed to be a twist or i just didn't catch on, but i enjoyed the fact that i originally perceived the piece to be just about a sexual experience, then i thought the boyfriend or husband just went on longer and rougher than she hoped. and then it all came together and suddenly i felt great empathy for the character in this piece. great work. your writing reminds me of another writer i know, but i hadn't seen their writing in a while to match the styles to be able to guess whether you're the same person or not.

by Red glare

Nothing more gangster then pink mate. That reminds me of the Legend Of The Term Paper. Have you heard the story? A teacher asks her classroom of 40 or so students to define the word Courage. One student writes about standing up to a bully; getting beat down and getting back up again. Another student writes about a lioness; Her feminine strength inside the pack. But one student hands her a paper with just the word "Courage" on it. Courage indented at the top left corner of a loose leaf paper in Times New Roman font size 12. The teacher is appalled by this students audacity: Stamps A in a furious manner. He defines courage. Thats kinda what I think about while reading your verses; they are sonnets of sap. Difficult to trudge through, but once you do, wow - you are so fucking drenched in torment it's not funny. Man of color, A peacock of flamboyant behavior. If you are Black; this would be a tremendous testament, a compelling comparison to the struggle felt today in society. As it stands - I see pink and I am in the mood for vanilla ice cream. You are in a lane all your own. Color brought out your something.

by pohfig

wattup. im so happy to be off work I dont even care that I'm spending my 'spare time' voting. The verse was cool at the beginning. I have a problem with the middle there - your imagery wasn't up to par with what it shouldve been but i'll get to that, and also the ending was slightly sloppier then I think you're capable of - but we'll get there too. First I'd like to say that the beginning was FIRE. I dont mean the prologue I mean the

"Nervous, nerves of steel to shield but with a will I wield on purpose
Strong, a battle field of love or lust.. Uncertainty feels so worthless
Hurting before insertion, but too young to know any better
He gropes in pleasure, wetter yet aware of the scarlet’s letter
He kisses me, I’m eased releasing in a sea of my endeavors"

just the way that whole that segment rolls off the tongue is dope, and (in my experience) part of your signature style. Anyways - im gonna stop brooding on specifics so much -- Your wording was excellent up until the scene of the...forceful entry. I felt like you wanted to keep it vague but make it vulgar - and that to me is a contradiction in writing. I think the diction there shouldve been raw and powerful and fucked up. Either go for it and make me sick or..you know..dont touch on the subject - that's my two cents. The problem I had with the ending was that you tried to characterized the woman right before the ending. It's like I spent the whole time getting set up to feel for this woman, and I almost did (or i did and dont wanna admit it lol) and then its like MY NAME IS VENERIAL DISEASE and i was like WTF DUDE I DONT WANNA LIKE YOU NOW. that's how I felt...but I'm giving you a 50000FT view of how I felt because it seems to be easier. I mean in the end the closer was still dope but the way you wrapped it up wasnt fluid with the story build. It went from fun to intense to negatively intense and then a HUGE drop to psychoanalytical without a smooth transition. Iono thats where I'm at. Cool commentary. Cool verse, gay font color faggot. lol.

King Ra.
04-13-2013, 04:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6Mjipfv-4

OPEN MIC FEATURE #2

"Sincerely Some Delusional Freak"
written by dead man

accused of deceit, truth is for the foolish and weak
perusing in peace, from the comfort of a cubicle seat
i like a girl with beautiful teeth
cuz it's more fulfilling when i knuckle-fuck 'em loose in her sleep
translucent as sheets, ghostface silhouette, a mutant physique
tunafish sushi to eat, but only feast on uvula meat
space odysseys, the universe is mucus and wheat
so my eyes are wide shut, there's nothing new here to see
NEVER has human been free. i'm writing just to loosen the leash,
so it's stupid to think that anyone of you could compete
"I do it for me" - if you buy that shit, here's twenty receipts
cause you're a waste of energy. a fuselage leak
clueing elites into crucial news for a lucrative fee
there's a thousand ways to view the machine.
oxygen fluid to breathe through hollow plastic tubular reeds
it takes the death of their professor for a student to lead.

http://www.allgraphics123.com/graphics/showing-some-love/showing-some-love28.gif

No Show: The Ego Stroker Version 2.0
Produced by: Adonis

Xces – So I have my predictions article in the mag, and I regret completing before reading your verse. Consider this fair warning to the rest of the league, Xces is no slouch and is a vet somewhere. Dude has a strong grasp on the language and gives multies a new light, because it's not just rhyme for rhyme sake, he rhymes with knowledge and clear direction while weaving inners and Multies with a short stroke...

He conceived a theatre distressed, an eased me into death
Relieving my inherent weakness of being a creature of flesh.
His speaking of intents besieged me with the deepest of regrets
When seething breath excreted “I’ve seen you repressed,
As a peon dressed in a priests robe, deceived by a sect.”

Xces wrote a very powerful verse that to me read as a dream of mixed images of the end of time. The Visuals were potent, from the flaming false prophet riding flames, to the image of the ship carrying death. This was a biblical roller coaster that contained soo many ideas, yet had a main goal in site. Great verse brother, look forward to reading you next week.

Juxtaposition – Damn, I read two new members in a row and I'm left impressed. Strong writing, loved the take on the topic, you twisted the quote into the movie and the movie was played on real life, dope.

They say it takes an entire village to raise children,
but how many media stations to mind control a nation?
It's so invasive how they cut us, mentally fuck us...
Fathers today are lolly gagging pops distracted,
So sons grow up easily get licked and treated like suckers.

You're writing is spoken word-esque, I like it. There is imagery and strong use of language, but the rhymes are lose and free flowing much like a spoken word which is rare, and risky. But this verse I liked. I think the quote sums it up, but one critique... Shia Labeof is dope, that's my only complaint. A verse about a war movie, but you discovered in fact that the war never happened making a movie created as real life truly never happened. So you spun that idea into the quote above and ran with it, again; loved the concept and the writing was different, but enjoyable.

Innovator – I liked this verse, you took it the distance. You still have some work as far as phrasing and word choice go, but this verse was enjoyable. The quoted speech is hard always to keep flow, rhyme and believable in real life conversation so becareful with that. I liked the full circle though, you explained the addiction, then gave the character life and background of using and not using, then killed him off with a nice metaphor...

"Listen..

I’m done the blood glistens
I’m sorry for the incisions
I’ve made to my body but i was in prison...
With addiction i was smitten
rigor mortis bitten
so I chased the needle
till my plight was written in pigment”

All in all a verse that shows improvement compared to the first verse of yours I read a month ago, keep elevating brother man.

IAmBenT – Good verse, not too sure about the ending the missing key thing, I wish it ended with some knowledge instead of being so vague and wide open, but I don't hate the idea. Your writing was very strong in this verse, your use of uncommon words was refreshing, I didn't like the “nostril/tonsil” line because I don't think tonsils taste anything bro, haha.

..and with the three-pin Mayfield clamp, the bot belabored
The hair patch, intact, once botched with shots of lasers,
Now stood, our good doc, head sandwiched in bandages
Took good stock of his bot’s “mess”, scanning for damages
His laughter swelled, 4 and a half seconds after held
No twitch! He felt as if he had come back from hell!!…

A story about a Dr. with Parkinson searching for a cure, he finally goes with his final attempt at the cure using himself as the patient instead of killing another. Success, and now the doctor has untapped and uncapped knowledge. Great writing, very easy to follow despite using “Doctor Terms”. You used the language in such a way that even if I didn't know the word I understood what your were saying. All in all a very well written verse, Thank you for that. I feel like writing this took plenty of research, it shows, and kudos on great level of execution on a high level of difficulty.

http://bsports.org/wpimages/wp493f081d_05_06.jpg

THE AOWL OFFICIAL CONFERENCE & DIVISIONAL STANDINGS

TITANIUM CONFERENCE

BLACK

1. Ink (3-2) --
2. Vinzr (3-2) --
3. patrown (2-2) 1mb
4. dead man (2-2) 1mb
5. TYSON (2-2) 1mb

BLUE

1. Mike Wrecka (5-3) --
2. Objective (2-2) 2mb
3. Genocide (2-3) 2.5mb
4. nO gOod! (0-1) 5mb
5. Venom (0-1) 5mb

GREEN

1. Frank (6-1) --
2. Witty (3-3) 3.5mb
3. ZeeDee (2-2) 4.5mb
4. Camp Bell (1-3) 5.5mb
5. Aesthetic (0-3) 6.5mb

PURPLE

1. Nigma (4-2) --
2. King Keith (4-2) --
3. Que (1-0) 2.5mb
4. Xces (1-0) 2.5mb
5. Devil's Reject (0-2) 4mb

PLATINUM CONFERENCE

RED

1. zygote (6-1) --
2. IAmBenT (4-1) 2mb
3. Split (4-3) 2.5mb
4. Mac (2-2) 4.5mb
5. Juxtaposition (1-0) 5mb

WHITE

1. Adonis (4-1) --
2. Vulgar (2-0) 2mb
3. Zenland (4-4) 3.5mb
4. Atheist (2-5) 5.5mb
5. Just Write (0-1) 6mb

YELLOW

1. pohfig (4-2) --
2. TopicalDood5 (3-0) .5mb
3. c.d.m. (2-6) 6mb
4. HelloKitty (1-3) 6.5mb
5. Malachi (0-3) 7mb

ORANGE

1. Red glare (5-2) --
2. Cereal_Killa (2-1) 3.5mb
3. Innovator (3-5) 4.5mb
4. fenix osiris (1-0) 5mb
5. cakecakecake (0-3) 7mb

*mb= match ups behind (wins)

http://www.pokertronix.net/wp-content/uploads/poker02.jpg

AOWL POWER RANKINGS

1. Frank (Titanium) (3x AOWL Champion) (6-1)------- this week: vs. vs. ZeeDee (2-2)

After 3 successful title defenses, Frank the Great finally suffered his first loss of the season last week to zygote. While that may be the case, he holds on to the #1 spot in the Power Rankings due to a solid strength of victories. But not for long. If zygote wins the championship match this week, he will fall down to the #2 spot & that also depends if he wins his match up this week.

2. zygote (Platinum) (1x AOWL Champion- current) (5-1)------- this week: vs. Mike Wrecka (5-3)

zygote finally had his way the second time around, toppling Frank last week and becoming only the second competitor other than him to hold the title. This week, he makes his first defense against a strong competitor in Mike Wrecka. A win will move zygote to the #1 spot in the rankings.

3. Red glare (Titanium) (5-2)------- this week: Adonis (4-1)

Red jumps up two spots in the rankings as he once again will have a shot to get the title if he manages to win against Adonis this week. Red has been a major threat in recent weeks, even in his last loss. Can he get the title & a #1 spot? We will wait to see.

4. Mike Wrecka (Titanium) (5-3)------- this week: vs. zygote (6-1)

After a slight slump, Mike is back on top & now, he finally has his chance at the title. He moves up two spots this week & a win against zygote along with losses from Frank & Red, will put the Wrecker at the top of the AOWL. Who would've thought that could happen?

5. Adonis (Platinum) (4-1)------- this week: vs. Red glare (5-2)

Adonis loss to zygote in the previous Contenders Match so it's most certain he will be looking to get that title match this time around. Since Adonis joined the league 5 weeks ago, he has proved to be one of the best writers in the league. He leads the White division & a title shot & win would be very huge for him.

6. pohfig (Platinum) (4-2)------- this week: vs. IAmBenT (4-1)

poh came back last week and loss a very close one to Red. The loss dropped him down two spots, but he still remains a top threat to any writer, having had the most difficult match ups this season. This week, he can climb back up with a win over high riser, IAmBenT, and potentially getting a shot in a contenders match.

7. King Keith (Titanium) (4-2)------- this week: vs. Objective (2-2)

8. IAmBenT (Platinum) (4-1)------- this week: vs. pohfig (4-2)

BenT is on a 3 match win streak and is a very strong writer, hence his debut in the Power Rankings this week. He only trails zygote by 2 matches in the Red division & a win here against a very formidable opponent in pohfig plus a zygote slip up would make things very, very interesting.

9. TopicalDood5 (Platinum) (3-0)------- this week: vs. c.d.m. (2-6)

TopicalDood has started off extremely well this late in the season & looks to be the only challenge to pohfig in the Yellow division.This weeks match for him is tricky though. A win won't do much but a loss would be a bit damaging.

10. Vulgar (Platinum) (2-0)------- this week: OUT.

Vulgar has quickly put together back-to-back wins and rounds out the Power Rankings at #10. This week, he is off but will return next week. He's only within striking distance of Adonis in the White division. A couple victories strung together would put him up there to possibly get a title match before the regular season comes to a close.

King Ra.
04-13-2013, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ocW21nDLU

OPEN MIC FEATURE #3

"Part II- The Revolution"
written by Zenland

Part II-The Revolution

Each day is harder gettin slain by Karma wondering when I became a martyr?
Che Guevara. Things best change tomorrow or I'll leave in a flash of bullets,
Blake, relax and cool it. "Fuck that them bastards blew it,
You're an avid shootist, Couple magazines, gasoline and a match'll do it,
Face it mate this path you're cruisin is a disaster brewin,
You wanna nine to five til the time you die? Then collapse into ruin,
But if you're the Master...Prove it."
I AM the master of my destiny I just mask my complexities,
"What about your past felonies?" Those were from bouts of doubt and brash jealousy,
Now I'm past that, I'm on rap tracks tryin to grasp the melodies,
"HAHAHA Hashtag backtocelibacy!! You lack the relevancy
To make a success, What happened to breaking necks and taking techs
And blastin persons?" That was my last version, I'm past that person,
"Fuck that moment of doubt, foam at the mouth like a rabies bite!!"
You know what?
You may be right....
Because these people make me like.....
Grabbin nines and shootin fucks to pass the time and loosen up
A master primed and suiting up with a savage mind that refused to love
Them Garbage Kennedys, I'm starting remedies with Marxist tendencies
To rip apart the enemies that guard the industries from harm or injuries
Because it's hard to live in peace while we starve and live in streets,
God's arms in our reach, Pfft...I'd rather carve in a priest
And take his arm or limb at least when I'm charged on hennessey
Til the sun sets, but I ain't done yet then I target the ministries
With men armed with heat screaming, "Viva la Revoluccion!!"
On the eve of the conclusion....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--dlvlg3Spz8/TcHBHLLGdyI/AAAAAAAACHY/UX-hSd87T9I/s400/Atari-SpecialFeature.png

*Unofficial* “End of Season Predictions”
Bracket and Records are ONLY Predictions
Produced by: Adonis

**I will be blunt**

So I'm going to start with this, I have no clue how King Keith weights his records with “Key Wins” and all that jazz, so I'm basing my end of season records off the knowledge I have of all of you lovely gents...Brown nosing? Mmmmmm Seriously though, I do know that there will be a 16 man bracket consisting of EIGHT member from each conference along with **the top 8 seeds** being the winners of each division. I am going to make a statement and don't want to offend anyone. The Titanium Conference is not equal to the Platinum; so if I left you out I still think you can make a deep run in other conference. The Platinum is absolutely stacked and will have between 1-3 members left out of the playoffs that are in my mind top notch. I am also unsure of how the bracket will be set up. So I will assume we will have two brackets, where each conference battles and those two winners will square off in the finals similar to any professional sporting event. Again, these are only my predictions, if you're “On The Bubble”, you are most likely out by a win maybe two, so prove me wrong. Please! Competition is stiff, and I've never done Viagra so salute~~

TITANIUM CONFERENCE

BLACK: Vinzr (3-2), TYSON (2-2), dead man (2-2), patrown (2-2), Ink (3-1)
BLUE: Genocide (2-2), Mike Wrecka (4-3), Objective (1-2), nO gOod! (0-1), Venom (0-0)
GREEN: Frank (6-0), Witty (3-2), ZeeDee (2-2), Aesthetic (0-2), Camp Bell (1-3)
PURPLE: Nigma (4-1), King Keith (4-1), Devil's Reject (0-1), Que (1-0), Xces (0-0)

Overall #1 seed Frank (10-2): The Constant – The dude is consistent and has ravaged what I'm sure has been the toughest schedule, if not top 3 at least. Locked up a playoff spot and basically his division, aside from losing the final 5 weeks the conference is his. The odds on favorite to make finals, not always a positive being favored, he has that target on his back along with the possibility of peeking too soon??? Doubtful, look for a deep run.

#2 King Keith (8-3): The Dragon Slayer – I think I only read maybe two verses from this cat, but the talent is evident. All his easy match ups are out of the way, so in order for him to be listed as a 2 seed means nothing but classic match ups; in order for me to list him as 2 seed means I think he can beat most of you...No brown nose, no homo. I see a high seed with possible early exit as he exerts all his prowess too soon.

#3 Mike Wrecka (7-5): The Hattori Hanzo – Yeah; Mr. Kill Bill, dude is viscous and I see no slowing down. Only problem is his record is reflective of beating up on lower seeds and struggling with higher seeds, still seeks that “signature win”. I do not see the early exit here, I see a person who competes with anyone, yet, may take a win or loss verses anyone. Meaning he plays to his competition, change that and make each verse as good as you can; advance young sir...if you choose to do so you can.

#4 Ink (6-4): The Mountaineer – He's on the quietest climb to the top. He's beat good opponents simply by over matching them. I have him overtaking the Black Division from Vinzr and going down to the wire with him to keep it in final match up for division supremacy... Blacketh (DeadMan) could play a thorn in the side of both however, yet, I view Ink beating them all in today’s world. I see Ink as a spoiler come bracket time, giving any writer in any league a close match.

#5 Genocide (5-4): The Riddler – Been out of action, the slightest bit of rust can change his entire playoff hopes but, I still believe he posses enough elite talent to over match half the league let alone most of his conference. Genocide can easily run the gamut and make the finals, he has the rhymes but does he have the concepts to defeat elite talent?? I envision either early exit or final four, the choice is yours.

#6 Nigma (6-4): The Showstopper – Don't let him get a head of steam. I've seen what natural ability he has the past couple weeks and in my mind is a lock for playoffs. Can he overthrow King Keith for his division though? Possible. Will he?? Possible. I see a very tough match up for everyone, so he can be a early exit, or extended winner come playoff time. It all depends on the execution of concepts he goes.

#7 Dead Man (4-3): The Motivated – He actually might not even make playoffs due to no shows alone. But if he wants to make playoffs look for a string of 3-4 straight wins to close the season and barely make it... He's my last man in because another no show puts him out, a show in place of it, plus a victory gives him what he needs. I see him being either 4-3 or 3-4, a huge difference in making playoffs...so wake UP!! Make it and I see at least one win, miss it and I see no votes..haha. Give the others love and incite please.

#8 Witty (5-5): The Survivor – In order for Witty to get this far he will face some tough match ups and need more then one win against big name guys. I think he does just enough to get in the final week or two. He will be faced with tough competition from the start of the playoffs, I see a early exit, but a win or two would not surprise.

#9 Vinzr (5-5): The Question – He was once a top contender; but since has fallen down to earth. Can he get back to the winning ways? Time will tell...With Ink and DeadMan in the same division he's on the bubble, I think he can beat them but unsure if he will. I see Vinzr as the either the last man in or out, depending on who he battles. I haven't seen that “Key Win” that proves he's elite. I can see a fire being lit under this guys ass and might peek at the most opportune time...NOW.

On The Bubble: Objective4-4...Patrown4-5...Tyson4-4...ZeeDee4-5 (also First Man OUT ): Likely will come down to the final week along with Witty, Vinzr and DeadMan all of there records will end up eerily similar.

Dark Horse Que – I can see him stringing a few wins together but considering the lack of weeks on the record is it too little too late? 2 losses might be all it takes for elimination. Step the game up or exit...nameless

PLATINUM CONFERENCE

RED: zygote (5-1), Split (3-3), IAmBenT (3-1), Mac (2-2), Juxtaposition (0-0)
WHITE: Adonis (3-1), Vulgar (1-0), Zenland (4-3), Kuja (2-4), Just Write (0-0)
YELLOW: pohfig (4-1), HelloKitty (1-2), c.d.m. (2-5), TopicalDood5 (2-0), Malachi (0-3)
ORANGE: Red glare (4-2), Cereal_Killa (1-1), Innovator (2-5), fenix osiris (0-0), cakecakecake (0-3)

#1 Zygote (10-2): The Mountain Top – He sits atop the Platinum conference and should be able to sustain his winning ways enough to actually wrap the conference up within a week or two...Aside from Pohfig or someone winning the title with a couple defenses I don't see a legit threat. I envision a deep run, but in this bracket anyone can lose to anyone, and whoever does emerge might run out of steam come championship time.

#2Pohfig (8-3): The Locomotive – I would say “if” he gets rolling, but the fact of the matter is he hasn't lost a match since week 3 or 4? I bet nobody knew that. He is the essence of elite in this league and yet, has underachieved. Safe to say he's a top seed in the platinum conference with ease. Topical Dood...AKA Wtf alias of the century could pose a serious threat moving forward though. I vision a deep run if votes catch him, if not...sorry about you.

#3Adonis (7-3): The Surprise – He took the league by storm climbing the ranks fast until losing the #1 competitor match up verse Zygote. I don't think Vulgar can catch due to lack of weeks participated, ZenLand will pose biggest threat with Kuja in the wings. I see a one and done in post season.

#4Red Glare (7-4): The Jefferson – Not in monetary, but as moving on up. He's had a quick rise to the top and is placed in a rather tough division as Ceral Killer could end up winning everything if...dot dot dot...Glare should be a lock for playoffs as long as he doesn't lose out these final weeks. He will have a tough road in the playoffs as there are zero easy match ups in the conference. I see BOTW each verse from here on out, but can he keep up with a target on his back? I think so...I see a couple wins and possibly early exit, but more likely a trip to the final four.

#5TopicalDood5 (5-2): The Dethrone – He and Pohfig should have a very interesting final stretch. They each could take the division and or snatch the conference in surging fashion. I look forward to there future match up, because if I don't get to see it I will make King Keith Hogwart 2.0. I think at this point he's a lock for playoffs, and again, poses a huge threat to make a deep run.

#6Vulgar (4-1): The Machine – He just joined so it might be too little too late, but if I'm just being honest I see him stringing together a very impressive win streak and potentially getting a division crown. Will face nothing but Blockbuster match ups from here on out however. Entered late so will be the epitome of “sleeper pick”, I see him not only making the playoffs, but also having the toughest road all the while making a deep run.

#7IamBent (5-4): The Silencer – Dude has moved in the darkness and gone unnoticed as a legit threat for most consistent. He's out performed heavy talent and then lost in only great, tough to vote on battles. Lock for playoffs in my mind. He poses a huge spoiler for Split and anyone else on the bubble. He struggles with elite talent and could be a early exit or spoiler alert come playoffs. I see the first part more likely, but will never be shocked with his talent, win or go home he's a writer I respect.

#8Cereal Killer (4-3): The Dark Horse – My Last Man In, he came into the league just in time. I think if he were a week late his chances would drastically change. But aside from losing the majority of the final weeks I don't see him missing the playoffs. He will also be one of my “upset” worthy in the first round; IF he can get in. Because he came late he'll have a low seed, but his talent is that off elite. AKA Dark Horse. I can't see him losing round one, but this bracket is so tough even 3PA would except a round 1 loss...PR shout out, bracket is legit.

#9Split (5-6): The Vindicator – First Man Out. Yes, I have 3 members of Red Division potentially making playoffs, so it should be a fun ride. Split can beat anyone, but has sat out some weeks and under performs every once in a while...Then shows the skill that makes me love him homosexually...view his latest verse... Still, he has what it takes. No lock however, considering the conference and more importantly division he's in. Still; I see him narrowly squeezing in or out due to heavy competition. Over perform now or miss the ability later...consider this your match, and the fire lit.

On the Bubble – ZenLand (6-6) CDM (5-7) Kuja (5-6)

Fuck you if you're offended, I revel in the fact that we compete. I revel in the fact that I can challenge you and win. I admire your votes. I challenge your voice and stylistically hope you fail...Come at me bro. The time is NOW!!

http://bonumpublicum.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/prognostic.jpg?w=350&h=315

[B]WEEK 9 PREDICTIONS

patrown (Titanium) (2-2) VS. TYSON (Titanium) (2-2)
TYSON makes his return back in the league & it will be interesting to see whether or not he needs to shake some rust after a long hiatus. Since his time away, the Black division has undergone many changes, one being the addition of patrown who shares the same record. TYSON has elevated as a writer, but this season hasn't been one of his best, especially with the no showing. I feel this could definitely go either way. More importantly, this match has divisional implications at hand. A win will put either in 1st place, barring an Ink loss, while a loss will have the loser having to climb from the bottom. patrown has shown some flashes of how good he is. My message here is for TYSON- dead man hasn't been in the league for some weeks now. This your chance to salvage your season & take the division. Don't let me down. PREDICTION: TYSON, 8-3.

Frank (Titanium) (6-1) VS. ZeeDee (Titanium) (2-2)
Frank finally loss for the first time last week & who knows what happens now that he is no longer the AOWL champion. He has been running on high since the start of the season, and while many of the top writers have not shown or taken hiatuses, he has been a constant show every week (other than that one time... but thank poh). This week he goes up against ZeeDee, making a return after a short stint away due to net problems. This match has BOTW potential because both of these guys can most definitely write. Frank has got a chokehold on the Green division & the Titanium Conference. While I see ZeeDee coming back strong, I see Frank being even stronger after the championship loss. PREDICTION: Frank, 10-2.

Nigma (Titanium) (4-2) VS. Xces (Titanium) (1-0)
Ain't you both best buddies? Either way, both of these writers face off this week in a highly critical divisional match up. Xces made his debut last week only to be no showed & even had his verse receive one nomination for VOTW. Nigma is coming off a loss to Adonis & will definitely be looking to rebound here. He stands atop the Purple division, ahead of myself, due to owning the tiebreaker from a NS win earlier this season. But Xces can really make a move if he manages to put together a win. I haven't read much from Xces except last weeks no show verse & I'm interested in seeing how much potential the guy has. Nigma has been elevating a lot this season, even though most of his match ups have ended up in no shows. At this point in the season, it'll be very hard to pick against Nigma with the playoffs near. I expect this to be close but Nigma should pull it off in the end. PREDICTION: Nigma, 8-5.

Witty (Titanium) (3-3) VS. Aesthetic (Titanium) (0-3)
It has been a rollercoaster season for Witty & we can only wonder when will he make a run? Maybe this is the week to do so as he faces off against divisional foe, Aesthetic, who returned to action last week & loss 6-3 to Objective. Okay, let's be real, this should be an easy win for Witty if he can put together a solid piece & not slip up because Aesthetic could come with something to turn the tide. AES climb to make the playoffs would have to start here, because there isn't much time left in the season & an upset against Witty may trigger a final push. Witty stands one match up ahead of ZeeDee who faces Frank this week, so this is a must win. I've been waiting to read a Witty story that displays his skills. Sir, you need to do that here. AES will probably keep this closer than expected. PREDICTION: Witty, 7-4.

SLEEPER MATCH OF THE WEEK!!!
Zenland (Platinum) (4-4) VS. Just Write (Platinum) (0-1)
Y'all better wake the fuck up for this potential SOTW match up. The Zenmaster has been up & down record wise, but lately his writing has been getting better and better, and it's only a matter of time before he puts together that verse that just wows readers. Plus, he's an Exoskeleton now. Whoever thought a serial killer, an atheist & a zenmaster could coexist as one? Huh? He's up against Just Write, who half assed his way to a loss in his debut. What makes this a sleeper match? Because it will be one of those match ups that you wouldn't expect to be dope. We just got to hope this time J-Dub writes a COMPLETE story. Huh? So who wins this? I read that bit from J-Dub & what the voters said & it looks like he could be a very good writer. Zen, despite the ups and downs, for some reason still is in playoff contention in a very deep Platinum conference. J-Dub will bring us a full display of rawness but as I say, "Thou shall not messeth with thee Zenmasterah". And I don't really say that, but I'm saying that now because it's the right time. PREDICTION: Zenland, 9-5.

Split (Platinum) (4-3) VS. Juxtaposition (Platinum) (1-0)
Split jumped back in the win column, pulling off a 6-2 victory last week over c.d.m., writing what I would say is his best verse of the season. Is it possible that Split is finally back on his grind? His opponent is Juxtaposition, who debut & received a win by no show. This will be a pretty daunting match up if Split manages to put together another solid verse. Aside from that, he is chasing zygote for the divisional crown, but is 3rd behind IAmBenT who has been rolling lately. But we know how good Split can be, so Sir Jux will have some weight on his hands. A 2-0 start wouldn't be bad either. I had Split at #4 in the preseason rankings & while he hasn't lived up to that at this point, he can still make a move. This match will be pretty good, it'll be interesting to see how Jux will come this week, but I'm banking on Split to make it 2 in a row & pick up steam towards the playoffs. PREDICTION: Split, 9-3.

King Keith (Titanium) (4-2) VS. Objective (Titanium) (2-2)
I think this will be closer then most think as Objective showed last week he's no slouch, then you add the fact that Keith no showed last week and he might be rusty. Still, it's hard to vote against a guy who is on a what? Four verse win streak minus no-shows. I got Keith in a closer then appears 7-3 victory. PREDICTION: King Keith, 7-3.

TopicalDood5 (Platinum) (3-0) VS. c.d.m. (Platinum) (2-6)
If you don't know this guy TopicalDood5 then I suggest you get to know him. Since his debut 3 weeks ago, he has put together some excellent pieces of writing on his way to a quick 3-0 start. This week, he faces c.d.m., whose (2-6) record will fool you, because he is a very good writer despite the amount of losses he has accrued. The Mental Assassin loss last week to Split, which if I recall correctly, is one of the rare times he is beatened by such a margin. This match I was going to originally place as SOTW but I mean, how can we not expect a great read here. Dood is the only threat to pohfig in the Yellow division & a win coupled with a poh loss, would put in in sole possession of 1st place, and potentially a contenders match? c.d.m. will make it hard to win though. Many have started off win a win streak only to lose their 3rd or 4th match up. So who wins? In order for c.d.m. to get in the playoffs, he will have to start winning NOW. The Platinum conference is very deep & another loss may really hurt his chances. Dood will look to remain unbeaten, and it'll be hard to pick against him. Veritas, now will be a good time to mind fuck every one. Like right now. I'll play it close. PREDICTION: TopicalDood5, 9-7.

Innovator (Platinum) (3-5) VS. Ink (Titanium) (3-2)
This should be a very interesting match. The only other cross conference match up of the week (aside from the championship match) features The Vator & Ink, who both are looking to get a much needed win. The Vator started the year off 2-0, but then went through a 5 loss stretch before picking up a NS win last week against Atheist. That win helps him as it keeps his playoff hopes alive. Ink loss a close one to Vulgar, 7-4 but put up a good fight. Ink is in first place in a very tight Black division race & with dead man still on hiatus, it is definitely up for grabs. Vator has some work to do in order to slide into the playoffs & would need massive help in getting there too. Or he can just play the role of upsets. I feel that this can be pretty even though Ink looks to be the more polished writer. How much did Ink put into last weeks verse & can he muster up something similar this week? I see Vator making this one tough, he can win if he can manage to put everything together, but I'm going to go with Ink sliding out of this one. PREDICTION: Ink, 8-5.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK!!!
IAmBenT (Platinum) (4-1) VS. pohfig (Platinum) (4-2)
If this match is not BOTW then I don't know what is. But this is probably the most intriguing match up this week oozing with epic potential. Since IAm arrived on the scene, he has been a force, his only loss due to a no show, and has racked up 3 straight victories. He's up against pohfig, widely known as Pent, who is coming off that very close loss to Red last week. poh has had the most difficult schedule this year, but even so, he has held his own. So IAm will really have to stay on point in this match. He is currently second place in the Red division, behind zygote. A win here and a loss by zygote will put him in first place & more than likely a spot in a contender match. poh remains in 1st in the Yellow division but a loss here would mean a drop to second behind TopicalDood who is unbeaten. I'm expecting this to be a very sick match. Very hard to pick a winner here too. Well... maybe. I love the display of writing IAm has given us the last couple weeks. But if there is one writer who has consistently put together great pieces, it has been pohfig. Close match, not too tight, but poh gets it. PREDICTION: pohfig, 10-5.

AOWL #1 CONTENDERS MATCH
Red glare (Platinum) (5-2) VS. Adonis (Platinum) (4-1)
The last time Red was in a championship match, he left to a 12-1 stomping by Frank. The last time Adonis was in a contenders match, he suffered a 9-2 blow to zygote. Both of these guys once again, a week later have the chance at getting the title. You have to wonder, how good this match will be when it comes time to vote. Red is coming off a huge win over poh, while Adonis, following that contender loss, came back with an impressive knockout win over Nigma. Both of these guys are two of the top writers in the league & they have been consistently been dropping some very good pieces. Both lead their divisions by at least 2 matches. Both are also that much closer to zygote in the Platinum conferences overall standings. This match has a lot riding on it. Red has pumped out some real solid verses, but does he still have enough to do another? I'm sure Adonis is hungry as ever to get in a title match and possibly avenge that loss to zygote. It will be close. I see Adonis survivng in the end. PREDICTION: Adonis, 11-5.

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP
UPSET OF THE WEEK!!!
zygote (1x AOWL champion) (Platinum) (6-1) VS. Mike Wrecka (Titanium) (5-3)
This match should be a doozy. And yes, I know you're thinking zy losing this is pretty insane right? zygote got the best of Frank the second time around, last week, ending his 6 match unbeaten streak, along with the 3 successful title defenses & becoming the new AOWL Champion. zy has been very consistent & we shouldn't be surprised that he has won the belt. Now in his first match, he goes up against Mike Wrecka, who finally gets a shot at the title. He started the season hot, at 3-1, before losing two straight, but since has won two in a row, including getting a NS win in last weeks #1 contenders match. Now here is his opportunity to really make a statement. Both of these writers are good & I'm expecting a clash of two different styles, with Wrecka being more of the storyteller. Mike stands alone at the top of the Blue division as does zy on top of the Red, and is one week away from becoming the #1 ranked writer in the Power Rankings. But he has to win first. zy is a difficult match up, despite dropping verses minutes later, because he can adapt to any topic with various styles. I see Mike however, going the story route and managing to put together his best written verse of the season. His BEST of the season. I just want to put that out there. Here is your chance sir. Let's see what you do with it. PREDICTION: Mike Wrecka, 12-9.

Well that's it for this weeks edition of the AOWL magazine. Hopefully we get votes done more promptly so that the mag can be posted much sooner. Y'all slippin', Anyways we gave ya plenty to read & next edition will have interviews. Good luck to every competitor this week. Playoffs is near. It's a war. You got to fight til the end. Shout out to Adonis for his parts in the magazine, very dope man. Once again we stand atop of the net as the best league running with the best magazines put together. If someone is doing it bigger tell'em to come see me. It's the King, signing out. Holler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XykL8BQHni8

King Ra.
04-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't know why the images aren't showing up or the vids. Shit. But here ya go fellas. Enjoy.

Inno
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Godam..this was dope

Xces
04-13-2013, 05:17 PM
TL;DR

- Naw I'm playing. This was tight, you put a lot of work into this shit. An I appreciate the words about that verse from last week. For real.

Witty
04-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Dope mag as always, props.

I'm dropping flames this week sons, flames.

Split
04-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Incredible mag. Seriously. Most leagues' playoffs don't get mags like this.

also, yes i am making my run... Last week was a fluke of sorts because I woke up at 3am off a surprise adrenaline kick (no lie) and thought of my story instantly

However I have stopped overwriting and got some concepts kicking around

ZenLand gonna make playoffs tho y'all trippin

Ink
04-13-2013, 06:36 PM
forecasting me at #4?... wow much too kind... I was just gonna dgaf and post up my verse cause my eyes are dilated and can't see shit... but now i'm gonna make myself go through it and smooth it out. thanks for the push!

great mag! props to everyone involved, best mags i've ever seen

Zen
04-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Damn skippy I'm making the playoffs.
And this fucking mag was the shit. Props fellas.
BTW the White division is the toughest division in the league at this point. If you don't think it is then you're not intelligent.

Vulgar
04-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Hood mag ya'll.

Dove Dozer
04-13-2013, 07:25 PM
great mag.

props on the hard work Keith.

Cereal_Killa
04-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Amazing mag as always guys..

Thanx for the read..

Cereal_Killa
04-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Ahh damn u being amazing at modding.. And damn u for being an amazon league..

Ill guess ill sign back in..

Adonis
04-13-2013, 09:04 PM
great mag.

props on the hard work Keith.

Returning?

Hope all went well with family member issues

Ink
04-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Ahh damn u being amazing at modding.. And damn u for being an amazon league..

Ill guess ill sign back in..

We apologize for being an amazon league.
Personally, I would have preferred being a byzantine league, but beggars can't be choosers..

Mike Wrecka
04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
David Lama was known across the net for writing the best mags ever

you are challenging him for that title

this shit was sick

Red glare
04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Wow. I'm amped up now. Bravo. Kudos.

Soulstice
04-13-2013, 11:28 PM
nice

IamBenT
04-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Fantastic mag. On my phone soi only read what concerns me lol but I will be back with my thoughts on the whole thing

Adonis
04-14-2013, 12:04 AM
@All yall bitches...Here's a link to one of the mags I did this season on my home site

Llama got his idea for great mags from PR, we invented this shit sons!!!!

=http://www.projectrhyme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60583]Just one of many examples

ZeeDee
04-14-2013, 01:24 AM
you're both wrong... mags are way before Lama and PR and they used to have videos of the week and ass of the week too.... Lama doesn't compete with that... not even close...

I don't think Frank is gonna show... :mad:

oh well... i'll wait until the last minute just incase...

Cereal_Killa
04-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Ink

:)

So wens this 3way grudge match of u,Adonis and me happening..

U boys are crazy writers so il be sharpening a separate set of tools from my tool shed in preparation..

Plus it would b a 3way n ima have to add some salt on these blades to draw in the voters.. Lol

Dude kick arse in Vegas n stay away from the adrenal glands..

Ink
04-14-2013, 02:35 AM
lol Cereal_Killa i saw your original post. I'll bring you back some ahah...

a three way match would be insane... i don't think there's a topic out there that could do it justice...

Cereal_Killa
04-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Ink hheeheheheh i was like man i just wrote a mammoth story that went for like ten pages, so i went back n hacked the ish up...

but nice, lol i shall be looking forward to it..

Ink
04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Cereal_Killa i'd be down for an OM type deal too

Cereal_Killa
04-14-2013, 03:22 AM
we def wont get votes in OM.. but if u wanna collab instead.. me, u and adonis would prob go down better..

im still sorten out splits right now but throw up an idea n pass it through adon.. n im down

Dove Dozer
04-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Returning?

Hope all went well with family member issues

Considering it.

Shit is bad, family member is dying.

Ill sign in when the time's right

Adonis
04-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Ink hheeheheheh i was like man i just wrote a mammoth story that went for like ten pages, so i went back n hacked the ish up...

but nice, lol i shall be looking forward to it..

3way would a glorious battle, but mind transcending to vote on, unless the votes for me, that would be easy ;)

But that's how I write, the quoted section. I start with a page to half page of keystyles and freewriting ideas. Then start writing and when I get stuck I pluck a idea from the brainstormed pool. I edit lines like 5 times each no joke. But when its all said and doen, I write 4-6 pages of pure ideas/lines in like 2.5 hours. The finished product always being exactly 1 page.

Adonis
04-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Considering it.

Shit is bad, family member is dying.

Ill sign in when the time's right

*Real talk*

Life goes on bro, whether your an atheist, christian mormon or agnostic don't matter. I have zero religion but believe life goes on. Maybe not deceased, but the way of the world is death, she is a hell of a women, and always gets what she wants. But you life will go on, so live and make your fam happy with the man you are. A sexy lingustic who can out write a few people before seasons end #motivation

dead man
04-14-2013, 10:59 AM
word phenomenal as always.... truly

i would like to sign back in but i wanted to wait until things slowed up a bit IRL.. that way a no show on my part is less probable

if playoffs start and i dont make the cut so be it.. how many reg. season weeks?

King Ra.
04-14-2013, 11:12 AM
dead man about 3-4 weeks left after this.

Utmost
04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow, first time i popped my head in the aowl forum..so much depth in here and work being put in here. Good job guys not sure when the season ends but if theres a couple more weeks I def join