PDA

View Full Version : NBL Magazine Week 9

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Introduction

'Sup NCGs. Sorry this is a little late again.. better than last week I suppose. Last week Dominate kept his title by defeating non azn Bob in a close and dope match. This week Cashius is up to try and take his shine. Some dope heads have signed in; Patrick aka Swerve, kami, Aero, and a few others I think. ALSO, RicanTheoryz. Otherwise not much new. The new installment of The Quick & The Dead produced some dope & cool shit, so go peep that and vote on anything lacking decisions. Without further ado...

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Track of the Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4Cc6oeSao

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Reviews

Champ Match: Dominate vs. non azn Bob

Cool battle here. Both didn't come 100% and it was shorter than non azn Bobs most recent shine in the spotlight vs. Strikta, but not a bad match at all. Votes were close until Dom pulled ahead 6-3 for the win. All of the votes were on the edge though, so both brought it.

Cashius vs. Allen Knight

Never had heard of Cashius before new NC, but people were saying he'd be dope and a top contender. They were not lying. Cashius brought a pretty nice verse and took out Allen Knight here. AK seemed to be rushed and had some poor wording, which probably hurt his chances of pulling through.

Knucklehead vs namix

I won. This battle had some controversy because namix excepted me posting late, then said he wanted to DQ win after I was up 3-0 in votes. In the end I won and he signed out of the league, which was lame. He's still a relatively cool dude though. As far as the bars, I came mediocre & he lacked due to statement bars.

Strikta vs. Karaoke

Upsetting no show. Would have been really dope. Karaoke was busy sucking penis.

Defiant vs. Lotto Smirk

Lotto seems to be losing steam, I had some faith in him from earlier weeks to progress but he seems to have flattened out. Hopefully he keeps elevating. Defiant took it pretty easily with an okay verse.

bleak vs. Def_fuckin_5

bleak no showed like a faggot. Had plenty of time to write and didn't have much to go against. Def brought a pretty bland verse but he still needs to shake off the rust.

Twenty One vs. Utmost

Utmost sweeped this with a cool verse. Twenty One needs to step it up a little but she has what it takes to make some waves if she works on her concepts.

megatron vs. Destroyer

The old man feel asleep watching the Price is Right and did not show.

Kwality vs. Untold

Untold took it. Vinny needs to keep adjusting but I think in time his longbar ways will shed and he'll do well here. Untold also has what it takes to elevate to a much higher level and do some damage.

Wicked vs. Sharp Nine
Usury vs. Flo Real

^ both no shows

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Track of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47I4DeNR98

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Battle of the Week

Dominate vs. non azn Bob (The Champ Match)

Dominates verse

Keep fronting u ain't from Chinatown. You'll take this L & ur life will spiral down
Facing me is a Slippery Slope, Pussy.. & that's what ur Mother gets when I'm around
In crews I'm crowned as master, I show em how to massacre chumps
I turn news to top heads, while any crew that Bobsled went Downhill faster than one
Plus when my girl sings Ashanti, it reminds me of Angels in choirs n shit
When your girl sings A Shanty it's more like an Ol' Sea Wench on a Pirate Ship
& when you askin for sex, she's fantasizing & imagining a gat to ya head
That bitch ain't giving Bobtail... She rather fuck with the Rabbit instead
Ill leave this faggot for dead... His drop in rank will be off the pages
This Nipple Slip soooo bad a Wardrobe Malfunction will NOT explain it
So quit denying - dawg u Asian.. & no one gon hype those drops
You need to accept you're a Yellow Man... And at best you're a Sideshow Bob

non azn Bobs verse

I laugh so hard atcha corny bars, + ya opponents do be hurting
Everytime he writes theyre *deaaaad*. Dom could star in Death Note the Movie version/
Damn D. judging dudes w/ no pics led to an eventual backfire
U got Fail Threads that make ill nik-A's Sportswear seem like Gentlemans attire/
U been txtn for 10yrs, BARELY beat Sharp & were dire at Netcees
They say 'if ya can't do, Teach'.. & u must Sub at the Centre for Aspiring Textcees/
I can't live without the Principle: drop dope and then party
U can't live without the Principal. If he fires ya ass u'll be Homeless & starving/
In this batt- u gotta Bitzreig swag cuz u hopeless w/ wording
& U Bombing w/o warning proves the Title aint the ONLY thing u stole froma German/
I'm ballllllling out ripping fools. Bob got bitches who got riches too
It's ironic u dont even got Commonwealth, & ya country is STILL under British Rule/

Verse of the Week

Cashius (vs. Allen Knight)

First time I saw you...

Knew you were bi-sexual...cuz of how focused on dicks that you are
So, even though you look both ways...we STILL hope you get hit by a car
Goes to the club and gets shut down. God!...the shit gets old
Ugly faggot, EVERY TIME Alaska bitch out...her response is just as cold
I keep a girl on the side. Yeh, she's a whore and we'll leave it at that
You keep a girl on the side...cuz that fat bitch snores when she sleeps on her back
Lost to Dominate and signed out in shame...The dude's done, he's nothin'
It's crazy, first you tried to con dom...now you'd LOVE to use one and fuck him
He's gotta pay a girl to act like a date...same night...slobbin' a man on his knees
You'll see Allen with a beard so often, you'd think you're watching the Hangover 3

No Show Shine

Def_fuckin_5 (vs. bleak) [only real NS verse]

don't forget that i'm sick..u have no chance and u knew
cause i be straight raping cats faster than pepe le pew
u not a g..ya sig is a lie..u ain't hittin them glocks yet
if ya niggas on the blocks..they're mad cause they wanted the astronaut box set
so cease the frontin that fake livin is past week
if u pumpin crack i'm sure there's a man bent over in front of them ass cheeks
i'm hard body..ex thug but still u can't handle the hits
u like payne? fine i'll leave ya body with more breaks than his dance in ya sig
i shoulda went light..i think i'ma go to hell if i slay ya
but u couldn't hold a candle to me like Thomas Edison's neighbors

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Interview w/ Cashius

Alright, Sharp Nine here with Cashius for the NBL mag's interview. First off, thanks very much for doing this. How are you doing?

I'm swell...watching some golf, drinking a protein shake, bout to take a shit on Dominate.

I don't know if this was established before I joined back on NC, but what's your background in text? I remember you had a 2012 join date but didn't battle like it. What sites were you on (if any) before joining NC?

Yeh, I talked about it in an interview last year on NC...

I was on a site called RapSearch from like 2003-2007. There wasn't talent like there was on NC, but there were some decent battlers. I won my share of tournaments there, but then just kind of stopped for no particular reason. Seyance is the only person around now that I remember from RS. Sound was there too, but obviously he's gone now, thanks to Julo.

I didn't battle at all until last year on NC. I actually found NC from looking up some of my old RS battles.

What's your impression of the league and how its progressing? Would you do anything differently?

Ummmm...I think the league is pretty unbalanced right now. There's only a few people signed in that I think could champ. So, I would like to see some more of the vets sign in....Nik, Orc, Philly. Last year at NC, at any given time, there were prolly 7 or 8 guys that were good enough to champ. You don't have that now.

Also, I think the league could be run more smoothly..as far as mags on time, extensions being regulated, and battles being closed and set on a stricter schedule.

Who are your top guys in the league right now? Anyone you want to see sign in? and is there anyone in particular you'd like to battle this season?

I'd say the best two that are signed in for this week are Dom and Knucklehead. AK's been very good this season. Bob and yourself are solid as well. I'm looking forward to Aero and Swerve battling again...I think people like those two coming back and hanging around can only help.

Philly and I were supposed to battle in a Contenders match right before NC went down. That's my dude, but I still have my verse...so I'd like to see him down the road. SOMEONE has to give the guy his first loss.

Congrats on getting to a champ match. Any thoughts on your opponent, Dominate?

I had never even seen Dom battle until the new site. He would post last year and I saw he repped dohpe, so I figured he was decent...but he didn't battle. I've read his last two battles and he's definitely good. I like his use of multi's...has some clever concepts. It should be a dope match.

Have any thoughts on this recent website format change back to Quasi-NC?

I just don't know what to call it...Can we actually call it Netcees? Lol.

I dunno...I was just starting to get used to AOB, but I'm sure it will feel normal shortly. Activity has definitely dipped since the switch, though.

Anything you'd like to add/shoutouts/whatever?

Yeh, congrats to Bags for coming out as a gay man. Don't worry about what your dad says, bro...we're here or you.

Alright, thanks again for your time.

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Power Rankings

5. non azn Bob - Just lost in the champ match, will rise back to the top 3 most likely

4. Defiant - Putting in work, in this weeks "contender" match against myself for our second battle this season

3. Knucklehead - Still staying steady. Only lost in the first Champ Match, but I will taste glory word to james flores

2. Cashius - Doing dope things and moved up quickly, can beat Dominate if he brings his A game

1. Dominate - Beat Sn00p for the title and held it against non azn Bob, doesn't show signs of weakening

Honorable mentions: Sharp Nine, Untold

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Mixtape of the Week

http://edge-img.datpiff.com/m2db02f0/Big_KRIT_King_Remembered_In_Time-front-large.jpg (http://www.datpiff.com/Big-KRIT-King-Remembered-In-Time-mixtape.473106.html)

~RustyGunZ~
04-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Predictions
by Sharp Nine

Champ Match: Dominate vs Cashius
This is sure to be dope. I’ve seen both of these guys drop verses with sick concepts and clean wording, so this one may just come down to who isn’t doing as well as they could. Dominate’s coming off of two debated champ matches while Cash just topped AK in a dope but decisive battle. I’m expecting this battle to be contested by voters, and whoever comes out on top it’s bound to be sick.

Either way: 50/50

Defiant vs. Knucklehead II
These two have battled earlier in the season with knuck sweeping defiant in votes. Both of these guys are capable of dropping quality lines, but going off of more recent showings, I get the impression Knuck’s been hotter lately. I’d give Knucklehead the slightest edge but wouldn’t be surprised at all if Defiant took this one. Sure to be a good battle.

Knucklehead: 55/45

Sharp Nine vs. Def_fuckin_5
No point in predicting a battle that’s already up. Go vote on this!

megatron vs. Untold
I like this matchup, these are two guys that I feel like are slept on since they haven’t made waves yet. Untold’s apparently an older head, and while I know nothing about megatron’s background I know he’s capable of some solid drops. Untold killed me last week with that back with a vengeance line last week, and if he brings something like that this week I can see him taking it.

Untold: 60/40

Flo Real vs. non azn Bob
Flo’s been improving over time, for sure, but Bob’s been pretty consistent, just coming off of a champ match. Bob’s an older guy with an alias and it shows in his verses, but he’s still one of the guys to beat when it comes to consistency. Maybe flo can capitalize on bob’s style or alias for some cool ideas, but I’d expect bob to win pretty easily.

Bob: 80/20

Lotto Smirk vs. bleak
Lotto’s been on the rise since joining, but he’s still a little statementish at times, and has some wording issues. Bleak’s been a little inconsistent with ideas at times, but lately he seems to have hit a stride. If bleak shows, this should be a pretty easy win for him.

Bleak: 70/30

Twenty One vs. Vinny
Twenty One’s been improving, good on her for keeping with it. She tends to fall into the trap of making overly statementish punches but has decent wording. Vinny aka Kwality has seemed either a little rusty or just more used to an older style. This could be an opportunity for Twenty One to pull out a surprise win, but I’d expect Vinny to get this one if he can bring a few solid concepts.

Vinny: 65/35

Patrick vs. R!canTheoryz
I feel like Swerve’s a little underrated in battles, and would definitely be champing this league at some point if he stays in. Whereas R!can losing is literally a NC meme. He’s a decent battler for sure, but this matchup should go to Swerve if they’re both where they were at when I last saw them battle.

Swerve: 70/30

Aero vs. Ctrl Alt Elite
We all know Aero is GOAT at being GOAT, but on the other hand Crtl Alt Elite’s name sounds a bit like an alias to me. I’ve seen literally nothing he’s done, while Aero’s not too bad at text. I give Aero the edge because his thread was roflz, but Elite may turn out to be a dope alias. Maybe.

Aero: 70/30

kami vs. Dystopian
Kami’s an experienced head who’s had some nice battles for sure, but whether or not he’s been out long enough for his writing to take a hit has yet to be seen. Dystopian can be a little inconsistent, but if kami’s rusty he could take this with a good showing. As it stands I’d have to edge it to kami, but this could be a surprisingly good battle.

Kami: 65/35

... vs. fathead
If Dotman knows anything about text, he’s a dick lol. And his 1-2 drop shows he’s got a decent grasp on it. I’ve only ever seen fathead in cyphers, and he seems quite new. I have … taking this just due to having somewhat more experience, but you never know, could be a nice surprise debut for fathead

…:60/40

Cereal_Killa vs. VENgeance
Cereal is more of a topical head, that transfers over to battling differently for everyone so we’ll have to see. VEN seems to have left the site in a bitchfit, so he’s probably not showing. Also his one battle on this site was terrible. Cereal’s already dropped, so he’s probably got the NS win.

Cereal: 95/5

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Tip of the Hat & Wag of the Finger

TOH @ Me getting champeds, accomps and records up
WOF @ me not doing all the records still
TOH @ us having more active users on than a few days ago
WOF @ me having nothing much to say here
TOH @ kami and swerve signing into the league
WOF @ aero still thinking he is GOAT
TOH @ Sharp signing back in to take care of Defcon
WOF @ if he doesn't stay signed in
TOH @ this mag being much better than last weeks
WOF @ it still being pretty late though
TOH @ NFL draft going down, now only a few more months for actual football
WOF @ no football for a few more months
TOH @ the alias keystyle tourney going pretty well so far
WOF @ a double no show throwing things off, but Defiant should put Dominate in there

Outro

See ya later, I promise this will be up no more than 24 hrs after battles are put up next week.

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Dominate Defiant non azn Bob Orc Bags Allen Knight Lotto Smirk Flo Real Cashius bleak kami Def_fuckin_5 Cereal_Killa Utmost Twenty One Untold Patrick @vinnyTM R!canTheoryz ... Dystopian fathead Aero Ctrl Alt Elite megatron

Sharp
04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
good shit knuck

and yes, good job to you and you alone on the records

btw I didnt factor last week's league in when I compiled all of them since it was halfway thru, so keep that in mind when its time to update

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:15 AM
hahah

edit: TOH @ sharp nine for compiling the records for me, I would have most likely taken 2 weeks of saying i was doing it before i actually did it tbh

Sharp
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
lol

thas right.

Ghost1
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Lol@cashius pmd me to read cuz he called me gay lmao. Son i am dissapoint.

Cashius
04-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Lol.

Cereal_Killa
04-26-2013, 12:24 AM
nice mag dude.. cheers

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:30 AM
shut up bags you don't even battle anymore

you are scared of the jungle, the rugged conditions have beaten you down

Allen Knight
04-26-2013, 12:30 AM
dope mag....an cash is right bags is a flaming faggot

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:35 AM
oh and Sharp Nine

Ctrl Alt Elite is from RapBattles

he was pretty good on there, a welcome addition

Sharp
04-26-2013, 12:40 AM
well fuggit

new prediction

FIDDYFIDDY

Untold
04-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Dope mag. Thanks for getting it up. Looking forward to this weeks battles.

Dominate
04-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Dope mag

Twenty One
04-26-2013, 04:54 AM
:)

namix
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Knucklehead - I never "accepted" you posting late dude lol. I said I was glad you didn't no-show, before i even looked at the timestamp.

I don't want to get into this with you - it's done. But don't make yourself out to be some victim son - you act like I said, even once, "go ahead and post late", which is not the case.

HOWEVER -I relinquished the debate, and get your perspective - so I'm not contending the outcome -- I just can't believe you're saying I "accepted you posted late" at this point. act like my "non response" to your iterative requests implies acceptance lol.

again - it's done, but don't fucking lie, jesus.

namix
04-26-2013, 09:05 AM
in terms of signing out though -- i signed in when i was drunk one weekend and just stayed signed in for a couple weeks yo....since the date of the drops keep on changing, it's hard for me to plan on writing for this, and i don't want to become someone that starts no-showing.

i'll come back at some point i'm sure as long as the group keeps it going strong.

pc

StarFaggot
04-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Good mag. I was disrespected but the hate is really unhappy admiration.

Untold
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
So my opponent hasn't even checked in yet. Verses due today. Should I just drop a n/s verse or what...

~RustyGunZ~
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Untold I would say send me a short verse in case he shows

Untold
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Aite.. I'll send like 8 or somethin..

Orc
04-26-2013, 03:22 PM
GOOD MAG. 12 LINES FOR A CHAMP MATCH IS BEYOND WACK TBH Dominate.. NO QUALMS ABOUT THE RESULT THOUGH, YOU GOT ME

Ghost1
04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
GET THAT NIGGA REX!

Dominate
04-27-2013, 10:51 PM
GOOD MAG. 12 LINES FOR A CHAMP MATCH IS BEYOND WACK TBH Dominate.. NO QUALMS ABOUT THE RESULT THOUGH, YOU GOT ME

So is going under alias and never posting in discussion but availing yourself of personal material your opponent puts out in there. I gave you like 4 days notice that I was happy to go more if you told me something about yourself other than that ur non-azn, u didn't respond. I didn't feel like writing 16+ lines of generics and nameflips.

Orc
04-28-2013, 05:54 AM
So is going under alias and never posting in discussion but availing yourself of personal material your opponent puts out in there. I gave you like 4 days notice that I was happy to go more if you told me something about yourself other than that ur non-azn, u didn't respond. I didn't feel like writing 16+ lines of generics and nameflips.

AND WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT YOU??? THAT UR AUSTRALIAN. SHUT THE FUCK UP. KEEP POSTING 12 LINES IN CHAMP MATCHES. *APPLAUSE*

King Ra.
04-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Knucklehead I'd like to personally volunteer to do next weeks magazine, good sir. Holler.

~RustyGunZ~
04-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Knucklehead I'd like to personally volunteer to do next weeks magazine, good sir. Holler.

you can help with a few things but no offense i wouldn't trust your predictions or judgement on botw etc

Flow
04-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Everyone wants to help out lol - Knucklehead I was thinking while so many people up for giving there opinion and while I know we do this in the chat and predictions lark, might be cool to have a predictions section in the mag actually worked of real public odds. So everyone mails in who they think would win. Or not everyone but from looks of how many people up for getting involved whoever does, an in the mag posting the general odds. I'm drinking an this may not make sense so if it doesn't.... Fuck it - sounded good when I started typing