PDA

View Full Version : WEEK 11 Chat & Predictions.

Pages : [1] 2

King Ra.
04-29-2013, 12:34 AM
AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP: zygote (Platinum) (8-1) VS. IAmBenT (Platinum) (6-1)
AOWL #1 CONTENDER: Vulgar (3-0) VS. ZeeDee (4-2)

AOWL Spotlight Match #1: Frank (6-2) VS. dead man (2-2)
AOWL Spotlight Match #2: TopicalDood5 (4-1) VS. Red glare (6-3)
AOWL Spotlight Match #3: Cereal_Killa (3-1) VS. pohfig (5-3)

Mike Wrecka (5-5) VS. Objective (3-3)
Nigma (5-3) VS. c.d.m. (3-7)
DeadLion (0-1) VS. nO goOd! (0-2)
Aesthetic (0-3) VS. Utmost (0-0)
Buddha (6-4) VS. Just Write (1-2)
Def_fuckin_5 (0-0) VS. Knucklehead (1-0)

~RustyGunZ~
04-29-2013, 12:54 AM
lmaaao yo king keith if u want i'll actually battle this week

against Def_fuckin_5

King Ra.
04-29-2013, 12:55 AM
You got it man.

Aesthetic
04-29-2013, 01:12 AM
zygote (Platinum) (8-1) VS. IAmBenT (Platinum) (6-1)
This match is up too zygote
Vulgar (3-0) VS. ZeeDee (4-2)
Frank (6-2) VS. dead man (2-2)
Frank scares the shit out of me yo.
TopicalDood5 (4-1) VS. Red glare (6-3)
This is a personal opinion; I just like red's work a lot more then tropic's recent pieces.
Cereal_Killa (3-1) VS. pohfig (5-3)
We will see.
Mike had a pretty solid show last week; maybe he can top obj but for the time im putting my cards in a safe.
Im so jacked; hopefully it's draw.
;)
Both writers are talented and the lineup is almost dead equal on skill; but man, write pulls some shit out of his ass everynow and then that everyone loves. Really depends on how bad he wants it.

dead man
04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP: zygote (Platinum) (8-1) VS. IAmBenT (Platinum) (6-1) - but i may be underestimating iambent.

AOWL Spotlight Match #2: TopicalDood5 (4-1) VS. Red glare (6-3) - but this may be scarily close.

Aesthetic (0-3) VS. Utmost (0-0) - this dude's gotta win eventually.

wordup

Split
04-29-2013, 01:26 AM
are spotlight matches grudge matches?

EDIT: IMO you shoulda used more non-surrealist photos... i feel like the crazy, larger than life stories come out of simple pics and topics

King Ra.
04-29-2013, 01:46 AM
Split I will probably do that next week. I wanted to keep a similar like theme going. Back to back picture weeks won't be too bad. Also, the spotlight matches are key match ups with contender/championship possibilities. I'm thinking next week will be grudge matches & the last week playoff spot battle match ups. Those will be the last two weeks. Was thinking 14 wks, but that may be pushing it.

Split
04-29-2013, 02:37 AM
AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP:zygote (Platinum) (8-1) VS. IAmBenT (Platinum) (6-1)
AOWL #1 CONTENDER:Vulgar (3-0) VS. ZeeDee (4-2)

IamBenT
04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Haha.. again, I'm the underdog going in. Good.

And remember, gents, these are opinions. Do not allow thine butt to become hurteth.

GREAT battle here, many folks have slept on the amazingness that is ZeeDee for far too long and I feel the man has come back jacked and ready to rip. However, Vulgar may be a bit too much to for Mr. Z to chew here. I look to Vulgar's supreme story telling to win the day in a week of mind-challenging pictures but look for it to be a close match.

All hail the return of former champ FRANK to the fray, looking to re-establish his angry dominance right before the playoffs against a very lively dead man. I am unfortunately unfamiliar with most of dead man's work, but I'm sure he will turn in a strong verse. However, the hiatus may have been what Frank needed. IMO he will either come out guns blazing with an epic, or drop a subpar verse that is "just enough" to win. I'm thinking the former.

BOTW written all over this epic match between two of AOWL's favorite writers. Topical took a bit of a stumble against the mighty mighty Vulgar last week, but even so, he still dropped one of the BEST verses of the week easily, so it's not like he's falling off - Far from It! RG is a true genius at description and RHYME, holy shit, but last week's long winded political portrait was a bit much, so Im looking for him to tighten and tone in a match against the hot up and comer. Gonna be close, but my money is on the TopDood to rock rude in this spotlight.

WOW another easy BOTW contender. Cereal Killa took some time off to drink a few Fosters and kick it with the koalas, but is now back with tales a-plenty to layer and spin. Pohfig is simply the man, a master at all facets of the game, and this is going to be one for the history books. Look for this one to go back and forth, back and forth, until finally CK breaks through.

This is going to be a fun battle. Mike is the man, but has fallen on some tough losses of late, so Im looking for him to come back to form in this pic battle week. Objective has really stood out lately with some strong verses, showing us that he may be the future of the AOWL. But crafty Mike, IMO is going to show him what excellence in this league is all about.

Another awesome battle, as the respected vet C.D.M. looks to continue his momentum against the wily MR. E. NIGMA (my bad on that last week, big bro). Nigma has MAD flow and has been mixing it up with poetry and vivid details as of late, which works well when it comes to breaking down a fascinating pic. However, don't count C.D.M. out too quick - his recent pieces have really shown a whole different level of C.D.M.'s game, and he may be versatile enough to pull off an upset here.

Don't SLEEP!! Yes, i know you are saying "hey really man, two guys with losing records? You expect me to look for greatness here??" but I'm telling you right now, mark this as a ONE TO WATCH. DeadLion got his feet wet last week against a legend and now knows what it takes to bring the heat, expect the dopeness he showed last week to come even stronger this week. NoGood is an RM LEGEND and a vet who has full mastery of tone, tempo, flow, plot, character, structure YOU NAME IT. Plus it was also his suggestion to use the pics we are using this week (i think lol) so he knows what he's doing. Look for yet another tight match in the net's best story league, with No-Good left standing as the smoke clears.

I am unfortunately unfamiliar with Utmost's work, but something tells me im in for a great surprise. I believe some time in the pen may be helpful for Aesthetic, for now he tastes freedom, and it may bring some structure to his writing that we all know can take him to the next level. This is a tentative pick for me, but we will see how it pans out.

Another battle you should NOT sleep on! Buddha continues to prove he belongs with the best, and is looking to teach new comer JW a lesson. JustWrite is one of the best voters in the league, bringing knowledge and thoughtfulness, but he is also a talented lyricist who can paint a picture with the bests. My money's on the Big Buddha, but an upset is VERY possible.

This battle is yet another mystery for me, as I know Knuck is a great mod and a very strong battle head, yet know nothing about Def. I'm sure Def will come with something solid (hopefully not a no-show lol), but Knuck will not back down from a challenge and will drop a strong verse to prove he belongs.

That's all I got yall!Peace and Gluck

Just Write
04-29-2013, 10:45 AM
its ok bent.. ive been the underdog everytime lol

IamBenT
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Damn man that's true...

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6393995776/hA24F52BF/

http://global3.memecdn.com/the-underdog_o_1204739.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6219464704/hC1C3F740/

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/6/11/128892173404736229.jpg

Just Write
04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
lol

Zen
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Me and JW just battled or else I'm going crazy lol. But I'll battle him if thats what yall want I reckon

Objective
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Just Write: The picture in your battle vs. Buddha is of Mongol Warriors. ^^

Zen
04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm going with the upset on this one. Bent's gonna get it done.
Vulgar's on a roll right now. Does 3-0 qualify for number 1 contender? Idk. But regardless the man is a fuckin beast.
Frank the Tank is gonna stop black in his tracks. BOTW.
Red's got it.
My boy Ck's gonna drop another gem and take this.
Our fallen hero will rise up and take this.
Nigma's got this.
NG's gonna get this. Since Dagel doesn't do topicals anymore I'd be surprised if DL shows.
Haven't seen what Utmost has done so I gots Aesthetic.
Good luck....again lol
Never seen either drop anything.

Zen
04-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Haha.. again, I'm the underdog going in. Good.

And remember, gents, these are opinions. Do not allow thine butt to become hurteth.

GREAT battle here, many folks have slept on the amazingness that is ZeeDee for far too long and I feel the man has come back jacked and ready to rip. However, Vulgar may be a bit too much to for Mr. Z to chew here. I look to Vulgar's supreme story telling to win the day in a week of mind-challenging pictures but look for it to be a close match.

All hail the return of former champ FRANK to the fray, looking to re-establish his angry dominance right before the playoffs against a very lively dead man. I am unfortunately unfamiliar with most of dead man's work, but I'm sure he will turn in a strong verse. However, the hiatus may have been what Frank needed. IMO he will either come out guns blazing with an epic, or drop a subpar verse that is "just enough" to win. I'm thinking the former.

BOTW written all over this epic match between two of AOWL's favorite writers. Topical took a bit of a stumble against the mighty mighty Vulgar last week, but even so, he still dropped one of the BEST verses of the week easily, so it's not like he's falling off - Far from It! RG is a true genius at description and RHYME, holy shit, but last week's long winded political portrait was a bit much, so Im looking for him to tighten and tone in a match against the hot up and comer. Gonna be close, but my money is on the TopDood to rock rude in this spotlight.

WOW another easy BOTW contender. Cereal Killa took some time off to drink a few Fosters and kick it with the koalas, but is now back with tales a-plenty to layer and spin. Pohfig is simply the man, a master at all facets of the game, and this is going to be one for the history books. Look for this one to go back and forth, back and forth, until finally CK breaks through.

This is going to be a fun battle. Mike is the man, but has fallen on some tough losses of late, so Im looking for him to come back to form in this pic battle week. Objective has really stood out lately with some strong verses, showing us that he may be the future of the AOWL. But crafty Mike, IMO is going to show him what excellence in this league is all about.

Another awesome battle, as the respected vet C.D.M. looks to continue his momentum against the wily MR. E. NIGMA (my bad on that last week, big bro). Nigma has MAD flow and has been mixing it up with poetry and vivid details as of late, which works well when it comes to breaking down a fascinating pic. However, don't count C.D.M. out too quick - his recent pieces have really shown a whole different level of C.D.M.'s game, and he may be versatile enough to pull off an upset here.

Don't SLEEP!! Yes, i know you are saying "hey really man, two guys with losing records? You expect me to look for greatness here??" but I'm telling you right now, mark this as a ONE TO WATCH. DeadLion got his feet wet last week against a legend and now knows what it takes to bring the heat, expect the dopeness he showed last week to come even stronger this week. NoGood is an RM LEGEND and a vet who has full mastery of tone, tempo, flow, plot, character, structure YOU NAME IT. Plus it was also his suggestion to use the pics we are using this week (i think lol) so he knows what he's doing. Look for yet another tight match in the net's best story league, with No-Good left standing as the smoke clears.

I am unfortunately unfamiliar with Utmost's work, but something tells me im in for a great surprise. I believe some time in the pen may be helpful for Aesthetic, for now he tastes freedom, and it may bring some structure to his writing that we all know can take him to the next level. This is a tentative pick for me, but we will see how it pans out.

Another battle you should NOT sleep on! Buddha continues to prove he belongs with the best, and is looking to teach new comer JW a lesson. JustWrite is one of the best voters in the league, bringing knowledge and thoughtfulness, but he is also a talented lyricist who can paint a picture with the bests. My money's on the Big Buddha, but an upset is VERY possible.

This battle is yet another mystery for me, as I know Knuck is a great mod and a very strong battle head, yet know nothing about Def. I'm sure Def will come with something solid (hopefully not a no-show lol), but Knuck will not back down from a challenge and will drop a strong verse to prove he belongs.

That's all I got yall!Peace and Gluck
Bent why ain't you writing for the mag? Haha

Just Write
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Just Write: The picture in your battle vs. Buddha is of Mongol Warriors. ^^

good looks, i thought so, well thats the direction i headed but thanks for the clarification mah dude

Just Write
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Bent why ain't you writing for the mag? Haha

what mag?!?! lol

jk@king keith

Zen
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
The real question is, why are we battling each other again Just Write lol.

Split
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
i have zygote's verse. both of us get errors trying to post it King Keith

I can't even edit it into his post. it's like the thread is a broken link

Just Write
04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
The real question is, why are we battling each other again Just Write lol.

agreed mah dude

IamBenT
04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
i have zygote's verse. both of us get errors trying to post it King Keith

I can't even edit it into his post. it's like the thread is a broken link

Wow..

his verse is SO DOPE..

it's causing like a black hole time vortex fluctuation in the Interwebs VBoard Net Matrix

Zen
04-29-2013, 02:03 PM
rofl. I knew zygote had it in him to destroy the galaxy with his writing...I just didn't know it'd be so soon...

Dove Dozer
04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
yay pic battles.. this is gonna be a good week.

Zen
04-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah it will. If we do pics again next week we should use some Ralph Steadman shit. Man's got the strangest style I've ever seen.

Mike Wrecka
04-29-2013, 04:27 PM
I tried to save and be the hero of something that ultimately destroyed me
but I have risen from the flames with one purpose

AOWL I am here to destroy you

Dove Dozer
04-29-2013, 04:38 PM
gonna be a good week. :P

dead man
04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
awesome. i missed being a predictive underdog

thanks guise

~RustyGunZ~
04-29-2013, 05:32 PM
something is wrong if frank champed this league and blacketh is 2-2 tbc

we will see

King Ra.
04-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Send it to me. Let me see what's up Split.
Buddha Just Write welcome to the beauty of the rematch.

dead man
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
something is wrong if frank champed this league and blacketh is 2-2 tbc

we will see
pent beat me the first time

the other was a noshow L

word @ this shady soldiers skin by the way. seen you mention it in another thread Knucklehead. im half expecting ide-ill to log in and make me another sig

~RustyGunZ~
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
lmao word I was thinking of him and couldn't remember his name

just remembered Wordplay Wizard tags on all his shit

yo you got any way of contacting dudes from there? like CZHustle, Kyza, Excel, Sir Vinugh, Slant Wise, etc

dead man
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
WTF at all them names dude.. i forgot about all those guys.

but nope unfortunately. i dont really keep in touch with any forum heads on a deeper basis. sly stilla was on netcees for a small amount of time but he went ghost after dropping like one more semi-whack topical verse.

i remember CZHustle was a fucking beast with the battles too.. he would still be chopping heads off if he decided to be active here. except that was long-bar era 101

dead man
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
i think sir-vinugh reincarnated as mimic

but thats just a theory

i thought it was orc for the longest time

~RustyGunZ~
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
CZ was an animal and he did shortbar as well

Kyza also did shortbar and was pretty nice on NoBodySmiling

Split
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
My fucking limpdick professor has me getting a D from seven absences I don't have, and he lost all my extra credit assignments

Says I can do them all tonight for partial credit

Tfw you want to knit a carpet of rage, roll your enemies up in it and set that shit on righteous fire

Objective
04-29-2013, 11:02 PM
I tried to save and be the hero of something that ultimately destroyed me
but I have risen from the flames with one purpose

AOWL I am here to destroy you

I'm looking forward to it.

Soulstice
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM

woah at some of these battles

dead man
04-30-2013, 02:46 AM
My fucking limpdick professor has me getting a D from seven absences I don't have, and he lost all my extra credit assignments

Says I can do them all tonight for partial credit

Tfw you want to knit a carpet of rage, roll your enemies up in it and set that shit on righteous fire
shit man i feel you. had the same sort of situation in a philo class. had to withdraw at the end of the semester to preserve my gpa or it would have fucking tanked. graduate schools don't like F's on transcripts apparently

Split
04-30-2013, 03:00 AM
shit man i feel you. had the same sort of situation in a philo class. had to withdraw at the end of the semester to preserve my gpa or it would have fucking tanked. graduate schools don't like F's on transcripts apparently

wouldn't be so bad if that wasn't supposed to be the grade holding my GPA up by the scruff of its neck. it's whatever though, guess I'm lucky to have him. just peeped other syllabi from other teachers for the same class, intense af. Easy mode curriculum.

in two weeks his vapid, rounded face will be in my distant immediate scholastic past

ole bald ass bitch

Def_fuckin_5
04-30-2013, 05:21 AM
i know i've been gone too long when people are predicting against me in a topical match!

Zen
04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
What's up bitches? We gotta get this thread into 20 pages again lol

ZeeDee
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I love being the underdog.... g'luck Vulgar...

King Ra.
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Split I don't know what's going on with the zygote/IAmBenT thread. I got the same forbidden message. I tried even doing a brand new thread and same shit occurred. Wtf?

King Ra.
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
The SUPER-DUPER-TRIFECTA magazine will be posted tomorrow night. It will be a blockbuster smash.

Cereal_Killa
04-30-2013, 08:25 PM
^awesome..

looking forward to the great read..

Split
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Split I don't know what's going on with the zygote/IAmBenT thread. I got the same forbidden message. I tried even doing a brand new thread and same shit occurred. Wtf?

God Of War

Mike Wrecka
04-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Rule # 328

In the event of a broken link leading to a forbidden message in the thread where the Championship Match is to take place, both competitors are disqualified. The title will then be given to whoever faced the champion last week. In the event that person has signed out the title will go to whoever faced the champ the previous week.

Split
04-30-2013, 10:05 PM
zygote King Keith God Of War Knucklehead

that post is literally haunted. I can post in that battle, edit that post, but I cannot edit that verse in or post that verse

I can also not submit that verse anywhere on the site without getting that error

freaked the fuck out

~RustyGunZ~
04-30-2013, 10:16 PM
it is telling u it is not up to par

go back to the drawing board and etch out a new verse with the shards of lab beakers

zygote
04-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Don't worry or spend your time trying figure it out now. I made a temporary fix for this week (see contest page - while not ideal, this way there will be no problem with no-shows). Hopefully by next week it will not occur again and remain as some unexplained phenomena. It is clearly some error with the netcees system since we obviously all have different computers.

Frank
05-01-2013, 12:02 AM
what I miss>

Zen
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Frank where the fuck have you been?

Frank
05-01-2013, 03:30 PM
i never left.

Who are you?

Zen
05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
It's Zen. And you did leave. Noone saw you for like two weeks unless you were lurkin in the shadows as a guest. I actually thought you had went off and made your own site.

Atheist
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Gotta love them lurkers.

Zen
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Speakin of lurkers where the fuck you been Atheist

King Ra.
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Sup folks.

Atheist
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Speakin of lurkers where the fuck you been

Lurking. Been too busy to write, ill be back for next season & a few open mics in between.

Just Write
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
low key outside of this awol forum and the om i hate this site lol. you got the same 4-5 dudes suckin eah others cocks in a perfect circle.. ridiculous lol.

King Ra.
05-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Split you're still doing those interviews?

Mike Wrecka
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I could only imagine what a mag that took three weeks to write is gonna look like

Frank
05-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Split you're still doing those interviews?

Interviews smitcherviews

just get the mag up

Frank
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
yo interview me right quick

Split
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Frank interview would be dope

No one has been in here aside from Zen and its TD5 and ZeeDee's finals weeks

So that'd be clutch

Otherwise I'm interviewing Knucklehead probs

Frank
05-02-2013, 12:15 AM
yeah no doubt how you wanna do this. time is money.

Cereal_Killa
05-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I could only imagine what a mag that took three weeks to write is gonna look like

lmao.. you cheeky man..

IamBenT
05-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Well since we are all getting fresh with the avvy's as of late..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO..

MEEK MILL.

That's right. MMG, gettin it.

IamBenT
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
on a side note..

i have no clue where to take my verse this week.

this time i have the opposite problem of last week.

Last week, I had nowhere to go with that topic...

This week, there are so many roads to take... lol

Just Write
05-02-2013, 10:04 AM
i feel ya bent.. i started 3 different pieces on the same topic lol

Zen
05-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I feel ya Atheist.

Cereal_Killa
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
IamBenT

your topic is truly amazing..

well worth its opponents and well worth a champ match..

Zen
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I dropped Just Write

Dove Dozer
05-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Split

the interviews need to be worked out. King keith asked me a bunch of questions.

seems the left hand aint talkin to the right somewhere. just sayin.

Mike Wrecka
05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
No Good interview titled - The Life of A Canadian Coal Miner

should be dope. fuck a black lung

Dove Dozer
05-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Lol the fuck. I aint no coal miner yo

Just Write
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
where the mag

King Ra.
05-02-2013, 11:11 PM
One more night JW. One more night. Need to finish up interviews & some final touches on the rankings & playoff preview. I'm going to PM a few of you that around tomorrow evening with a question for an added part to the mag I want to add. Be on the lookout. I'll holler at y'all manana tho'

NYCSPITZ
05-02-2013, 11:34 PM
LMAOOOO @ justwrite's sig

Zen
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Where the fucks Witty at?
And Keith if that mag isn't dropped tonight I've lost all hope that it ever will be dropped.

IamBenT
05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
yes i miss Witty's off beat brand of folksy humor and small-town homegrown wisdom.

haha Mag? what's that?

Zen
05-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Idk I keep hearing about these things called mags but I'm startin to think they're just myths like unicorns and big foot and Gary Busey.

Zen
05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Just Write you can have the extension

Nigma
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
c.d.m. will need ext, did a bunch of research but then nhl playoffs happened

Mike Wrecka
05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
MW vs Objective Open for votes

Dove Dozer
05-04-2013, 01:15 AM
The mag is coming dudes.. easy..

Objective
05-04-2013, 01:20 AM
MW vs Objective Open for votes

Dope verse as expected. :)

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Getting everything together just to update. Late night working. Holler.

~RustyGunZ~
05-04-2013, 03:01 AM
my verse this week should be HOF'd tbh

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Knucklehead LOL. I wouldn't mind HOF'n some black mucus & stomach pus on your verse man. The fuck you get two wins already without having to waste a verse. Sheiiit.

Vulgar
05-04-2013, 03:33 AM
ZeeDee

I understand why you denied the ext, so I dropped what I have.

IamBenT
05-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Ugh just dropped. Thanks be to MOD's Grace and Provision.

Totally taxed, gonna hit the sack.

Be voting tomorrow or sunday probably, gonna be a real tear of voting so I hope yall dropped some good SHIT.

Peace

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm getting a 403 error message trying to post the rest of the magazine, hopefully I can get it done. I hit up Knucklehead to see what's up.

Dove Dozer
05-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Odd

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I know man. This is the same issue we are having with zygote's verse. Me and Split tried posting it in the thread and it gave us the 403 error. But yet, I can post here fine. I posted the intro to the mag, but it won't let me put in the Recap part.

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Two one hour naps last night to make this mag oober dope and this shit wan' act up. Just my luck right?

Dove Dozer
05-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Damn yo

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 02:33 PM
TEST.

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Alright folks. I think I got it now. Finishing up putting the mag together. Hopefully no more problems.

ZeeDee
05-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Just gonna say this.... because I know what it's like to mod a league like this and produce a mag weekly with little to no help from the members that feel they can complain about not having a mag... it's not easy...

I modded the RSTL for a month by myself back before I got help when it was the elite place to be in topical writing with over 30 members in the league and produced mags and matches... it's a job worth being paid for and these guys do it for free... members should be volunteering to help write the mag so it can be produced with a variety of opinions as well....

Articles like...

Top 5-10 verses
Top 3-5 matches
Interviews
and other articles can be done by members and although I haven't done any articles myself, mostly cuz I live in a warehouse with horrible inet connection, I will try and help out as well if the mods will accept my contributions

ZeeDee
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
@ Vulgar... yea, would of liked to give you the extension if you asked for it before I already posted... glad you were able to post something... I hate no shows

Nigma
05-04-2013, 03:49 PM
God fucking damnit, I gotta deal with insurance company about some bullshit, I now regret leaving this verse till the last second.. Will try to get something together but no promises, could be my first ever no show

King Ra.
05-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Just gonna say this.... because I know what it's like to mod a league like this and produce a mag weekly with little to no help from the members that feel they can complain about not having a mag... it's not easy...

I modded the RSTL for a month by myself back before I got help when it was the elite place to be in topical writing with over 30 members in the league and produced mags and matches... it's a job worth being paid for and these guys do it for free... members should be volunteering to help write the mag so it can be produced with a variety of opinions as well....

Articles like...

Top 5-10 verses
Top 3-5 matches
Interviews
and other articles can be done by members and although I haven't done any articles myself, mostly cuz I live in a warehouse with horrible inet connection, I will try and help out as well if the mods will accept my contributions

Most definitely man. I will get at you.

Anybody else who wants to contribute something to the magazine can hit me up as well. I got some things coming up soon so I could definitely use an extra hand.

Dove Dozer
05-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Keith im down to help

Ck knows im on that mag tip..

Adonis
05-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Fuck you all!!!

and eat a dick

K bye

ZeeDee
05-04-2013, 05:21 PM
uv already eaten a dic.... in ur loss to me...

K... bye

IamBenT
05-04-2013, 05:38 PM

K... bye

LMAO dead.

So damn what's up yall!?!?

We need to kick off a good random discussion in this piece, push it to another 10 pages before next week starts.

So.. mothers? Ya got one? Gotta a baby's momma? Got plans? Or just don't give a damn?

Discuss. I'm feeling veklempt.

Mother's day is a huge asswhip right now. Girl wants to sell off all the teddy bears I've bought her in fancy baskets. Yeah, she's on that shit.

Im just like shit, if you make a profit, hook a nigga up with some CHANGE

Zen
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Fuck mother's day is tomorow ain't it!? God damn it I'm a terrible son

Zen
05-04-2013, 06:51 PM
King Keith I tried to give you props for the mag in the mags thread but I got a 404 error message. Wonderful. So heres your props. You da man.

ZeeDee
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Mother's day is next week.... not tomorrow... may 12th...

fuck my BM... she can eat an ass for mothers day.... I bought my mom 2 jackets and we're going out to eat

Zen
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Well fuck it I'll forget mother's day is next week in like two hours.

Adonis
05-05-2013, 12:19 AM

K... bye

I don't remember that loss as I've been out of town.

I didn't even know we battled...is that bad? I'm going to go read both verses now, cuz I also have no clue what I wrote

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 12:26 AM
it was ur last match so whatever... if ur that slow, that's on you...

Adonis
05-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Sure hostility....I was going to type up some feed and say it was a close bout and list why, although voters got it right. But now that you're coming off sideways I don't have to give feed.

Cheers

I work brother, and I don't remember my verse at all because it's more then a week old now, and I work brother.

edit: key'd in one sitting

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 12:30 AM
u said eat a dic dumb ass... i'm tellin u... u already ate one....

be a bitch about it if u want... that's what bitches do.. eat dics

Adonis
05-05-2013, 12:36 AM
IamLook how many fucks I give and how easily I wipe shit off my shoulder and move on

I wasn't reffering to your eat a dick remark. Was referring to you calling me slow

But again, you hold zero significance in my life and calling me a bitch means nothing, in real life you wouldn't dream of saying that.

Enjoy boiling over the net.

IamBenT

Zeedee might have sparked your ten page discussion, he deserves a pat on the back.

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 12:39 AM
good... keep not giving a fuck and eatin dics... it suits u...

Split
05-05-2013, 12:54 AM
ZeeDee's wylin out right now

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 01:02 AM
i'm a finisher... he started some shit... i finished it.. let him brush the shit i left on his shoulder off...

Adonis
05-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Finished what exactly??

Do you really want to have a dick measuring contest on the net? Step son

There was nothing started to finish, you act like a tough guy now, that's fine and dandy. Its the net lame...the fuckin net, my daughter is tough around here.

Cereal_Killa
05-05-2013, 05:38 AM
ZeeDee's wylin out right now

Lmao..

Zeedee tripping on ayahuasca right now n thinks Adonis is an ancestral purple demon.. He like "back off son, BACK OFF"

N

Adonis be like shit guys i took a trick bad of pills n they where suppose to be uppers.. But they was colored black.. They didnt go down well..

The both boys need to smoke some weed n balance things out..

:)

Mike Wrecka
05-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Vote - ZeeDee

Adonis had a grammatical error as he used two question marks back to back. That ruined his entire argument for me.

Cereal_Killa
05-05-2013, 07:52 AM
but i put two (full stops) at the end of each line, just to make sure your really get the point..

lol :)

i would loose every argument..

King Ra.
05-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Split you still have zygote's verse in your PM's?

Wow @ only 3 match ups going down after that epic of a mag.

Cereal_Killa
05-05-2013, 09:34 AM
King Keith how many hrs i have still..

Just Write
05-05-2013, 11:01 AM
my bad for the no show.. real life>online life. on that note the beach is pretty epic this weekend

Mike Wrecka
05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
my bad for the no show.. real life>online life. on that note the beach is pretty epic this weekend

vote and all will be forgiven

IamBenT
05-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Dam

So If theres only three matches, does that mean everyone get a voting penalty this week? Lol

Aesthetic
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I dont see how there could be that many no shows

Frank
05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
dead man; you disappoint.

Black > Dead Man

Frank
05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Edit the Power rankings motherfucker

DAMN

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 01:20 PM
CK... I'm. A grower... see the pic... I have pounds as pillows, outdoor and indoor grow farms.... make dabs and hash and edibles... I'm the fountain of bud products...

I'm just directing that bitch to eat a dic... trying to be helpful... ijs

Zen
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
This has to be the most disappointing week easy. Only three battles are open? Wtf guys.

Frank
05-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Yo keith. Talk to Knuckle about the bandwidth. It's cramping our style.

Frank
05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
King Keith

open the battle between myself and dead man. We spoke and he said he can drop tomorrow afternoon around 6 or 7ish. It will be best of 7 votes. If the mods agree to these stipulations I herby order you to open the thread up and let the black dead man post his work.

thank you and have a wonderful day.

dead man
05-05-2013, 06:28 PM
word to this jive nikka frank

Soulstice
05-05-2013, 06:48 PM
woops

Split
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
yea i have the verse King Keith, sent

Adonis
05-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Vote - ZeeDee

Adonis had a grammatical error as he used two question marks back to back. That ruined his entire argument for me.

Don't be mad @ me cuz you don't have 3rd grade english skills.

Its fucking annoying reading verse where remedial words are miss spelled.

I vote off preference alone, and you consistently have those errors.

Maybe write in word? Not keye'd?

Either way, hate all you want brotha

Adonis
05-05-2013, 08:27 PM
CK... I'm. A grower... see the pic... I have pounds as pillows, outdoor and indoor grow farms.... make dabs and hash and edibles... I'm the fountain of bud products...

I'm just directing that bitch to eat a dic... trying to be helpful... ijs

This northern hippie got mad cuz I said I wouldn't feed his verse

Go hug a tree my dude

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Firstly bitch.. not a hippie.. 2nd. NOt mad at shit ur gay ass could ever do... tget ur shit right

I said u eat dics cuz u tried to start shit when I said show some respect for ur mods in how much effort it takes to rite the fuckin mags...

Plz continue to be a bitch.. so I can continue to show u where u can eat dics... bitch

Mike Wrecka
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Don't be mad @ me cuz you don't have 3rd grade english skills.

Its fucking annoying reading verse where remedial words are miss spelled.

misspelled is one word. you remedial fuck.

ya seriously go eat a dick or better yet write an insanely graphic verse about eating dicks and claim that its not a fantasy of yours

Adonis
05-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Sure thing Mike

And Zeedee, I have no clue what you're talking about the mags...I help write them brother, not the majority, but thanks for the compliment

Also Mike, i got no beef with you and in the moment of heat I directed shit towards you. For that I apologize, but won't apologize for the vote because it's my opinion

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Keep looking at the words I misspell while I look at urgarbage ass verse I whupped bitch... good shit..

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Exactly Mike.... bitches bitch... I just narrate their acts... cuz I'm a writer..

IamBenT
05-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Will be voting either tonight or Monday, friends

How bout yall talk less shit and vote more. Also if you already voted go feedthe open mic

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Ur an idiot. Uz if u can't remember the stupd ass shit u say... u shold stfu

Be an adonis of silence

Adonis
05-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Here's the convo...

Fuck you all!!!

and eat a dick

K bye

[/quote=ZeeDee]uv already eaten a dic.... in ur loss to me...

K... bye

I don't remember that loss as I've been out of town.

I didn't even know we battled...is that bad? I'm going to go read both verses now, cuz I also have no clue what I wrote

it was ur last match so whatever... if ur that slow, that's on you...

Sure hostility....I was going to type up some feed and say it was a close bout and list why, although voters got it right. But now that you're coming off sideways I don't have to give feed.

Cheers

I work brother, and I don't remember my verse at all because it's more then a week old now, and I work brother.

u said eat a dic dumb ass... i'm tellin u... u already ate one....

be a bitch about it if u want... that's what bitches do.. eat dics

IamLook how many fucks I give and how easily I wipe shit off my shoulder and move on

I wasn't reffering to your eat a dick remark. Was referring to you calling me slow

But again, you hold zero significance in my life and calling me a bitch means nothing, in real life you wouldn't dream of saying that.

Enjoy boiling over the net.

good... keep not giving a fuck and eatin dics... it suits u...

i'm a finisher... he started some shit... i finished it.. let him brush the shit i left on his shoulder off...

Finished what exactly??

Do you really want to have a dick measuring contest on the net? Step son

There was nothing started to finish, you act like a tough guy now, that's fine and dandy. Its the net lame...the fuckin net, my daughter is tough around here.

So again....what the fuck are you mad about and what's this about the mag??????

Still Dazed and Confused huh?

Split
05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
lol@ shoulder shitting

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Good job... now go get my laundry and make me sandwich

Adonis
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I'm done...your lame and immature my good friend...and for the record I still don't have beef, but I'm over trolling with you.

But if you would like to point out any convo we had about disrespecting the mag writers or what ever bullshit I would love to hear that shit.

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Actualy not a good job.. ur missing the key sections.... of u bitchin in the sign in thread bout the mag.... what I wrote about bitchez lie u bitchin bout the mag...

This shit is like its edited by FOX News.....

Adonis
05-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh, when I wrote I would sign in depending on the mag??

because I don't have time but if I have to win to Make Playoffs I would make time?

Yes, I disrespected Keith so bad with that?

GTFO troll

Go back to Frisco and wear that tie dye and smoke a joint sitting in a circle humming "Kumbya My Lord"

King Ra.
05-05-2013, 11:01 PM
The King is never frazzled. No harm done. But fuck you all anyways. :)

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Yea.. and uv eaten a dic for it... good job..

I'm sure ur more familiar with frisco shit so ill leave that to the dic eating bitch... aka the fag with a crying man in a corner avatar

King Ra.
05-05-2013, 11:11 PM
ZeeDee VS. Adonis REMATCH on week 13. 64 lines. Holler.

Inno
05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
ive missed so much..

King Ra.
05-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Catch up nigga.

ZeeDee
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Sure.... old school line limit is my shit... I give a fuck who I face... I'm here to write...

King Ra.
05-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Beast.

I will speak more on week 13 in the week 12 edition of the magazine. History will be made.

Frank
05-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Yo King where the standings

King Ra.
05-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Up your ass to the left.

After the dread that this week was, I won't post the updated rankings until the closing of votes.

Frank
05-06-2013, 12:04 AM
http://images.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/1267206274_top-10-fictional-drug-dealers_3.jpg

Adonis
05-06-2013, 12:08 AM
ZeeDee VS. Adonis REMATCH on week 13. 64 lines. Holler.

The fuck outta here with 64 lines...I'm down for a rematch though.

But I don't write no 64 line verses bro. I've had two battle already where I lost because dudes be going over the limit, I didn't say shit but I prefer a fixed limit as is.

Frank
05-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Post that shit now you lazy muthafucka WHATS POPPIN

Adonis
05-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Also King Keith

I will do what I can with no show love. But I didn't expect there to be this many in any given week. I'll send them to you by Wednesday morning. I should be able to get the majority. Maybe not all though

Adonis
05-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Post that shit now you lazy muthafucka WHATS POPPIN

Its in the mag isn't it???

King Ra.
05-06-2013, 12:14 AM
At least when I do the recap for this week it'll be easy as fuck. But word, Adonis. Take your time with it.

Oh yeah, to all those that no showed, if you want in for next week, sign up again and vote... or suffer the consequences.... like going up against ZeeDee 64 lines, or locked in a small room with Frank with only a pen and one sheet of paper as your only weapons of choice. Holler.

King Ra.
05-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah, Adonis, I just peeped all the no show match ups, and there is only 4 no show verses, 2 of them are not really written to the topic. Only Buddha & Aesthetic really dropped a real piece this week for no shows. Your work ain't that hard son. Get're done.

Frank
05-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Its in the mag isn't it???

nah I'm not searching through q boy videos for the cut and dry. have that shit bulletined for all to see. a definitive perch where the standings peer down on the competitors as daily reminders of struggle for triumph. don't play hide and seek with the power rankings.
this shit ain't a game; niggas gotta see the score to know who the fucks winning

ZeeDee
05-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Why would I give u a rematch under any terms but mines.. U FUCKIN LOST WITH NO VOTES... 64 lines or you go back to eating dics

Adonis
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Why would I give u a rematch under any terms but mines.. U FUCKIN LOST WITH NO VOTES... 64 lines or you go back to eating dics

Kool, I'll eat diks all day then pen a 64 line work of art for your mushroom eating, hairy vagina licking, hackey sack kicking ass hippie

Adonis
05-06-2013, 10:11 AM
King Keith

You mean to tell me a grand total of what? 10 people posted?

Sounds like PR's RHYME over hurr now

Adonis
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM
King Keith

I will break down all "real" no show verses for sure. But I vote we open up the 4 to feed as people only have 3 battles to vote which isn't even enough to cover the mandated four. That way people get a lil more love for being one of the few who showed.

Maybe sticky battles, then re-open the two you said posted for feed?

Just a couple of copper Lincolns for you

IamBenT
05-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Kool, I'll eat diks all day

Cmon Adonis..really man??

lol jp witchyu champ.

I like his IDEA mr Mod. open them shits up so I can talk shit about how great they are.

Objective
05-06-2013, 11:50 AM
ThisisDAM: Where the fuck have you been? You signed out of the ISTL and kinda dissapeared or something? Cool to see you back. I believe you're 2-1 over me and I'd like to even the score you filthy scum, hah!

ThisisDAM
05-06-2013, 11:55 AM
ThisisDAM: Where the fuck have you been? You signed out of the ISTL and kinda dissapeared or something? Cool to see you back. I believe you're 2-1 over me and I'd like to even the score you filthy scum, hah!

Whattup, been busy. Tryna get Twitter famous, ha Got a song played on NBC Sports Radio n stuff. Which battle you beat me in, I forget? hah

Inno
05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Whattup ThisisDAM

<--NUMMY

Stop lying nigga

ThisisDAM
05-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Whattup ThisisDAM

<--NUMMY

Stop lying nigga

Go Nuggets?

Objective
05-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Whattup, been busy. Tryna get Twitter famous, ha Got a song played on NBC Sports Radio n stuff. Which battle you beat me in, I forget? hah

Haha, shit, congrats with that! However, I knew I had the interview Vulgar made of me during the ISTL to refresh my memory. I think I mixed you up with Meters, unless you're magically the same guy or something, hah. Apologize for that. Dope to see back in the topical circuit tho' (don't know what the score between us is, but I guess you have the upperhand there), you did great things before the whole thing with TS proved to be a huge fucking fail.

Inno
05-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Fuck u nigga that was a fluke

ThisisDAM
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Dont even get me started on TS Objective

Mike Wrecka
05-06-2013, 09:26 PM
im convinced that when Frank votes he just rambles on about nonsense to troll people. ninety nine percent of the shit he says in a vote make no sense

Mike Wrecka
05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Sill occasionally hit em with the notre dom style but it's more refined now like the hunchback drinking a nice aged wine rocking a suit. The transition is okay but I feel you need to develop more of that rugged rhyme scheme where it's not so refined because thats where you can set yourself apart. It's like Bam Bam hitting you over the head with a club! You know what I'm saying? It's real dinosaur cave man - me want jane shit.

lmao ok I will definitely do that francis thanks for the advice

Frank
05-06-2013, 09:41 PM
yo Michelle - chill out I said you rocking a suit what do you want from me?

Split
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
frank makes sense to me man.

Frank
05-06-2013, 10:11 PM
yeah man yo split

open my battle with dead man - i extended it 64 hours. Blacks dropping a verse. Open the thread so I can post my verse

ZeeDee
05-07-2013, 01:35 AM
gravy... dic eater... already beat u with 48... why would i do that again? smh... ijs

Frank
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Black where you at?

IamBenT
05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Switching the Avy Up. Time to recognize a hip hop legend..

BUSTA RHYMES. This month has several notable B-Days.

I'm still a fan of Busta to this day, fuck whatchu heard.

Zen
05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Bustas the man.
ZeeDee whats wrong with you man? You seem like you're tryin to start shit with everybody lol

Objective
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
ThisisDAM: Haha, I wont. Nice to see you back. Should'a joined earlier tho', it's closing up to the play-offs now. But whatevs, good luck on your next battle, don't forget to vote in order to join tho'.

Dove Dozer
05-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Ima get votes in tonight. Promise.

Mike Wrecka
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHHT7dTmw8U

dead man
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
stop whining like a faggot and post your verse man.. don't opt for an extension then cry about it. i never pressured you to wait for me.

this dude acting like a real cherry stellar ladyboy in here.

Frank
05-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I'll punch you in the head son.

Keep it lyrical.

You finnah show or are you a ducking coward?

Which one is it?

~RustyGunZ~
05-07-2013, 04:29 PM
stop whining like a faggot and post your verse man.. don't opt for an extension then cry about it. i never pressured you to wait for me.

this dude acting like a real cherry stellar ladyboy in here.

gonee

Objective
05-07-2013, 04:35 PM
King Keith & Knucklehead: When I try to post my vote in the Zygote vs IamBenT thread I get this shit;

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Since my laptop often overheats I write my votes in wordpad documents so I was lucky not to lose anything, hah! Either way, how should do I do this shit? Should I send the votes to you in PM's, post them here or what?

(I'm going to see if the same issue occurs on the other battles as well.)

dead man
05-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I'll punch you in the head son.

Keep it lyrical.

You finnah show or are you a ducking coward?

Which one is it?
great question

lol you're obviously good peoples frank. but youre a fuckin hype.

lets get this thing done. im voting on w/e's still open tonight

IamBenT
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHHT7dTmw8U

Goes BAnANANAs!!!!

Pent uP
05-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Switching the Avy Up. Time to recognize a hip hop legend..

BUSTA RHYMES. This month has several notable B-Days.

I'm still a fan of Busta to this day, fuck whatchu heard.

His verse on Midwest choppers was bonkers

Atheist
05-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Pillow fight at dawn.

Adonis
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Anyone Willing to do the NO SHOW SHINE article this week?

I have no problem doing them, but feel like being lazy, if not I got them, would rather someone else this one week though

Get at me though via PM if yes

dead man
05-08-2013, 12:40 AM
could somebody take FRANK WINS BY NO-SHOW out of our thread title since it's obviously open4votes

plz and thank you

NYCSPITZ
05-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Affirmed. Removed...

NYCSPITZ
05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
GOW where's my mod powers

Objective
05-08-2013, 02:09 AM
I think I figured out some of the 403:Forbidden thing with some troubleshooting earlier. I think it's a word ban. Can anyone else try to write the underlined thing in this screencap and see if they get the error as well?

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5718/wordban.jpg

Cereal_Killa
05-08-2013, 05:33 AM
lmao Knuckleheads avy
IamBenT have you seen the battle murda mook vs iron solomn.. busta, didy and cassidy are there in the crowd.. busta throws in the white towel for the dude at one point lol so ill..

IamBenT
05-08-2013, 08:23 AM
lmao Knuckleheads avy
IamBenT have you seen the battle murda mook vs iron solomn.. busta, didy and cassidy are there in the crowd.. busta throws in the white towel for the dude at one point lol so ill..

@CerealKiller and you see man I love that! real always recognize real, I gotta go check that out now.

Witty
05-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Thinking of doing a collab.

Looking for 2 other writers, get at me.

Split
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I think I figured out some of the 403:Forbidden thing with some troubleshooting earlier. I think it's a word ban. Can anyone else try to write the underlined thing in this screencap and see if they get the error as well?

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5718/wordban.jpg

You got it

That's gay as fuck

dead man
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Objective

thanks for your comments.

Zen
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Witty I'm down. I ain't got shit to write so I'm bored. Gimme a topic and I'll shit it out.

Witty
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Witty I'm down. I ain't got shit to write so I'm bored. Gimme a topic and I'll shit it out.

Awesomeness....I haven't thought of a topic yet but I will get back to you on that lol

1 more person.

IamBenT
05-08-2013, 03:58 PM

just..wow..damn that's... wow.... gross lol

Good to see Witty and that ugly ass fox of his are back.

Yes Objective, great breakdown and feeds this week man, VoterOTW this time around.

Zen
05-08-2013, 04:05 PM
It is gross but it's my process. Whadayagunnado, ya know?

IamBenT
05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Umm mix in some fiber, that's what your gonna do. Gotdamn hombre

Frank
05-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Whatsup with next week?

Objective
05-08-2013, 04:23 PM
dead man: Cool to see that you appreciated it. I wondered wether you'd be bitter about it or appreciate the fact that I was a notorious grammar nazi on your piece, so I'm happy to see that you didn't go in defensive mode. You're probably just lazy when it comes to correction, but I know a few people that sucks when it comes to writing stuff even on facebook statuses, so the possibility is there that this might be one of your weaknesses. Seeing how you enjoy writing shit and got talent, I don't see why this couldn't be a great opportunity to improve it. If you do it and sometime decide to write stories you'll thank me for it as readers will be a lot more strict when it comes to literary works. Specially if you reach the point where you want to send it in to someone. Either way; it was a dope piece and I look forward to read more from you.
IamBenT: Thanks. :)

dead man
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
my grammar and syntactical skills are fine and well. i know how to structure a sentence.

i simply don't choose to write verses in MLA format, and won't be "correcting" that.

sorry if that's your preference as a reader but that's not where i'm at right now. either way i appreciate the time it took you to express that sentiment for a vote.

Objective
05-08-2013, 04:34 PM
dead man: Word, I respect that. Keep doing you. :)

Adonis
05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Thinking of doing a collab.

Looking for 2 other writers, get at me.

Down

I want to write something ruggid though, but I can write anything though

Mike Wrecka
05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I use commas to create the cadence of a verse. it doesn't have to be grammatically correct, it indicates where a reader should take a slight pause. if I create a flow that has a rhythm like this

a flow, like this is deceptive,
fa sho, it can be very effective

now when you write the sentence,

A flow like this is deceptive. No comma should ever be used in between flow and like. but we aren't writing formalized sentences, we are creating verse. see the difference.

rather shocking to me that this needs to be explained tbh

King Ra.
05-08-2013, 06:17 PM
More votes.

Split
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I got you later tonight

Adonis
05-08-2013, 09:13 PM
So to me...flow is flow

and...

a flow like this is deceptive,
fa sho, it can be effective,

Still rhymes, but I get you Mike Wrecka

Nothing wrong with a well placed coma for cadence.

Split
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5eT6TaEtPI
best flow I've ever heard. unreal. chilllsssss

zygote
05-09-2013, 02:47 AM
Didn't want to make a comment because it may influence the contest, but it's humorous so I can't resist. Perhaps my story was not such a science-"fiction" after all? The word autoz00philia banned (not an offensive word? Just the term for that paraphilia). This discussion blackout is only the first step. Soon the government censors will be implementing their next stages against these individuals. All animal role-play enthusiasts beware. Also, it's puzzling how the same verse had the phrase 'pedophiles' and this phrase is allowed.

IamBenT
05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Didn't want to make a comment because it may influence the contest, but it's humorous so I can't resist. Perhaps my story was not such a science-"fiction" after all? The word autoz00philia banned (not an offensive word? Just the term for that paraphilia). This discussion blackout is only the first step. Soon the government censors will be implementing their next stages against these individuals. All animal role-play enthusiasts beware. Also, it's puzzling how the same verse had the phrase 'pedophiles' and this phrase is allowed.

LOL because man, its sick, life is imitating your art bro.

NYCSPITZ
05-09-2013, 11:25 AM
honestly tho u guys should just let anybody who's down participate in the playoffs. I appreciate the work y'all put in but to be reality this league has people signing in and out like crazy plus a certain percentage of no-shows so making a strict point based playoffs would lose participants and the potential for cool match-ups. Do w/e u want but if u have everyone from 0-8 records to 9-2 records playing say in a NBA style format u'll get more battles up more verses up and that's only good for the league imo also allows strong heads such as vulgar myself adonis cake etc to enter back and make a dope playoffs. Up 2 u niggas tho but u know that's trill talk

IamBenT
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
honestly tho u guys should just let anybody who's down participate in the playoffs. I appreciate the work y'all put in but to be reality this league has people signing in and out like crazy plus a certain percentage of no-shows so making a strict point based playoffs would lose participants and the potential for cool match-ups. Do w/e u want but if u have everyone from 0-8 records to 9-2 records playing say in a NBA style format u'll get more battles up more verses up and that's only good for the league imo also allows strong heads such as vulgar myself adonis cake etc to enter back and make a dope playoffs. Up 2 u niggas tho but u know that's trill talk

possibly worth thinking about...

Witty
05-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Adonis - doooooope, you or Buddha got any topics in mind?

I'm gonna brainstorm when I get home.

And yeah, commas are a topical writers friend when it comes to helping the flow...I figured this out a long time ago.

Witty
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Grammar Nazi's piss me off, mainly because Grammar is not something that is set in stone...all aspects of language are constantly evolving, as writers it is our duty to move forward with language not hold it and ourselves back by putting constraints on what is 'right' or 'proper' because it's nonsense...If people from 100 years ago saw how even the most educated of us use Grammar and language they would no doubt be horrified...because language moves on, and it is something that will happen whether we go along with it or not...so why constrain ourselves with what is 'Grammatically correct' at this moment in time?

Witty
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
just..wow..damn that's... wow.... gross lol

Good to see Witty and that ugly ass fox of his are back.

Yes Objective, great breakdown and feeds this week man, VoterOTW this time around.

Lmao just saw this....you gonna go down.

Dooooowwwwwwn.

Zen
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Let's write something dope Witty.........Is that a good topic?

Witty
05-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Exactly what I was looking for lol

Split
05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Grammar Nazi's piss me off, mainly because Grammar is not something that is set in stone...all aspects of language are constantly evolving, as writers it is our duty to move forward with language not hold it and ourselves back by putting constraints on what is 'right' or 'proper' because it's nonsense...If people from 100 years ago saw how even the most educated of us use Grammar and language they would no doubt be horrified...because language moves on, and it is something that will happen whether we go along with it or not...so why constrain ourselves with what is 'Grammatically correct' at this moment in time?
>grammar nazi's
Stopped reading

if it affects how you could interpret the sentence (tenses, commas, etc) it's important to what you're reading. English is shitty, most are better... Look at Spanish. You could go back 800 years and still have basic comprehension of what's going on around you

Red glare
05-09-2013, 12:54 PM
I am legend.

Zen
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Idk how you other guys feel about what NYC said but I don't think just anyone should be allowed in the playoffs. For those of us who worked our asses off this season and earned our spot it'd be a big slap right in the face to let anyone in.

Split
05-09-2013, 01:11 PM
I think there should be a minimum gateway record to compete

RIA had open signups, and most of the people that signed up w/out records did not show up, was basically a 2 round playoffs

That said, I think we should aim for a competitive sized bracket that doesn't throttle entry....

Like, if we had 8 man playoffs, there would be at least one no show, and no one would wanna vote, even though dope battles would be going down

If we had 24 man (pulled number out of my ass) to accomadate random dudes signing in, everyone would be interested, there would be a lot of no shows, and everyone would lose interest

So King Keith Genocide we need to gauge interest and find out how many people are *actually* hungry for that title

That may include people with no record, but obv people w/any sort of records WILL get priority both in seeding and in entry

If tht means sacrificing my social life for a week or two in summer to get timely, quality mags, smooth rules, run up interest, etc i will do so

RIP my post count

Adonis
05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, if everyone is allowed in playoffs might as well run tourney after tourney and say fuck a regular season.
Witty

I'll think of a dope concept later if I can

"Dope" can be us as different drugs and the effects we have on either society or individuals.

I also always wanted to do a 4horsemen verse. Where 4 people literally write from there perspectives.

Red glare
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
The records determine what's-what come playoff time. If someone qualifies decides not to participate, his predecessor will. If your record is currently below playoff requirements - try your best to win out the rest of the season, what can I say. Competitions competition.

open mic forum is that a way!!

Frank
05-09-2013, 02:07 PM
The records determine what's-what come playoff time. If someone qualifies decides not to participate, his predecessor will. If your record is currently below playoff requirements - try your best to win out the rest of the season, what can I say. Competitions competition.

open mic forum is that a way!!

I couldn't of said it better myself man. NYC is my nigga and all but damn homie - fuck happened to you?? I got the sickest vendetta when it comes to the cheddar nigga you play with my paper you gone meet my beretta. Nigga You can't cut line nigga. I appreciate you appreciating the efforts but nah nigga

cool story though

Mike Wrecka
05-09-2013, 04:53 PM
ive wrote a verse eleven weeks straight. that's basically three months of my life. If I knew I could have signed up week 12 and make the playoffs, wow. really if you didn't participate all season that's on you. fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Zen
05-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Exactly. Fuck this entering in last minute bullshit and still getting the chance to win the title.

King Ra.
05-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Commenting towards the mention of playoffs:
NYCSPITZ not happening son.

Let cut to the chase. Me allowing you (NYC) or 'Cake for that matter in the playoffs is highly unfair, especially since you niggas no showed like crazy all season. I respect y'all as writers, but if you think I'm going to give you the opportunity to compete for a title after the damn near none contribution in competing & voting, you got it twisted. I will not allow anyone who hasn't done anything in this league into the playoffs when there are countless others who have put in the work to make this league what it is.

Now pertaining to playoff sign ups, I will not put someone in who may qualify but has been ghost for some time, to avoid any chance of a no show. If you guys actually read the playoff preview section of the mag, you'll see I mentioned a scenario (Vinzr) where that may happen and I explained how it will work.

The playoffs will feature 16 competitors, 8 from each conference- and looking at the way things are shaping up, the playoffs will still be dope whether or not some of the top tier writers are in/out. If you want a shot in the playoffs, participate, vote & get the wins to sneak in. There is two weeks left.

I'm going to check out the standings & how things are shaping up right now, and you guys will be able to see how the playoff picture looks, and what you may have to do to either win your division or get a playoff spot.
Split I am open to the idea of having a playoff sign up, in the case that someone who qualifies doesn't sign up & someone else may be pushed up to replace them. I don't want to increase the amount of competitors pass 16 because that increases the chances of no shows, and from those who have been consistently competing thus far this season, I don't believe we will have a problem of no shows in the playoffs. Just my two cents.

As for that scenario NYC presented, HELL NO. You want in, win in these last two weeks & vote, and hope the fuck someone else slips up so you can get in.

Holler.

King Ra.
05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Exactly. Fuck this entering in last minute bullshit and still getting the chance to win the title.

No worries about that man.

King Ra.
05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
ive wrote a verse eleven weeks straight. that's basically three months of my life. If I knew I could have signed up week 12 and make the playoffs, wow. really if you didn't participate all season that's on you. fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Co-signed.

Zen
05-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Good. Also I should be ahead of the White division now. Mainly I wanna be in the lead so I can call myself the Great White Hope.

King Ra.
05-09-2013, 06:53 PM
You're high man. Relax. LOL.